PDA

View Full Version : The Kiss

charliedawg
04-14-2011, 04:50 PM
With apologies to Gustav Klimt and Auguste Rodin, here is the real kiss as seen on a walk in the west of Scotland. The walk between Barcaldine and Ardchattan is cheerfully known as the Coffin Route as bodies were taken over this route to the Priory at Ardchattan.

Meanwhile, back at "The Kiss" it's either two amorous hairy ant eaters or possibly a donkey and a gorilla - jings crivvens! - is that allowed?

Anyway, the romantic in me likes the heart shape between the two lovers -aaaahhhhhhhh!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2011/125969-The-Kiss-800.jpg

Flattwo
04-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Walter.......definately Gorillas, the last time I walked the Coffin Route, I sketched this family group, I might be wrong it could be the rock band ZZ Top having a siesta!

Looking again, at the beast on the left, it could be my sister in laws escapee Irish Wolfhound!

Henry

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2011/3457-3457-Apes_copy_copy.jpg

laudesan
04-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

juneto
04-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Well Walter , You are always seeing the Strangest things around your parts !!!:eek:
I think it is your overly creative mind that dreams all this up .
Either they are Bears in your woods, Panthers , Sasquatch or the Morag has taken on a New shape .
But Whatever, I did not know they also kissed .
You have a lot of explaining to do ,Again!! You are very naughty and like to tease .
Bet your Mom said the same thing.

June :evil:
PS - BTW ,Do you have any paintable pictures of them to share with us ???:cat:

Grainne
04-14-2011, 11:31 PM
I think it is your overly creative mind that dreams all this up .

Oh June! Surely not! He's always got photos! :smug:

I'm not even the least bit gullible and he's made a true believer out of me!

In fact, I think I will try to raise the money to sponsor him on a trip to the States. I bet a lot of people would be interested in Walter bringing his gift of para-sightology over here. . . who knows what he might see! Every state in the union will be clamoring to have a Walter sighting happen there! Oprah might even be interested in having him on her show :thumbsup:

Grainne

juneto
04-15-2011, 03:22 AM
Grainne , I am with you 100% !!
We need to take up a collection to bring him here to identify Our Para -Sightological creatures . They can't all be in Scotland ???
Agreed , Oprah , Piers Morgan , Rush Limbaugh , maybe the Smithsonion would see him and Area 51 would be VERy interested too.
Walter should be shared with the world and his Special gift !
Go Charley Dawg !!!!
June:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :wave: :wave:

doubleL
04-15-2011, 07:52 AM
oh wow! how cool is that!!! thx for sharing Walter.

painterbear
04-15-2011, 08:34 AM
:thumbsup: on your skills as a photographer and the creativity to see all these wondrous things as you stroll through your world. :D

Sylvia

Starsprite
04-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Well....now you've got me to thinkin it's two long haired animals kissing too!!! Every time I look at it that's all I can see. What in the world else could it be?? (Does that make sense? Please correct my grammar Grainne!, lol) :cat:

olliewood0702
04-15-2011, 10:00 AM
:D :D :lol: Personally I vote for THE BAND MEMBERS OF ZZ TOP taking a siesta.:evil:

Either way it's an amazing piece of natural habitat.:clap: :clap:

Thanks for sharing Walter.:thumbsup:

charliedawg
04-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi June and Grainne - I can feel my leg being pulled ever so gently - shame on you! With regard to the para -sightology, maybe there is some truth in that, as I am often accused of being a parasite by folks but had never realised what they really meant -- that's a great relief.

Great painting Henry - for a moment I thought you were going to say one of them looked like your sister-in-law - this would not have been a good move.

charliedawg
04-15-2011, 11:48 AM
I have been having another look at the main photo and I think they are hairy ant eaters as I had another photo of a disappointed suitor sloping off into the undergrowth - now that is definitely a hairy ant eater although his nose might be somewhat out of joint given the circumstances.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2011/125969-Hairy-ant-eater-400.jpg

and just to prove it - here is one of the hairy ants he was looking for :).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Apr-2011/125969-Hairy-ant.jpg

Starsprite
04-15-2011, 01:05 PM
I don't think I would want to wrangle with THAT ant!!! The anteater better be pretty tough to take on that one!! :eek: :eek:

On the other hand....if its the three band members from ZZ Top...I'm sure they could beat down that ant with their geetars!! :) :thumbsup:

juneto
04-15-2011, 01:32 PM
WOW !:eek:
This is really the land of beasties .:cool:
Your fertile mind Walter..... again .You are a national treasure.
You must come here and find ours, but maybe we lve in a dull ,boring place . Who knows .
June:D :wave:

karenlee
04-15-2011, 04:12 PM
We need to get Walter in touch with Art Bell!

MtLookout
04-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Someone's been eating the flora exotica along the hike...:D

juneto
04-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Walter again , I bet !
June:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink2:

charliedawg
04-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Hi June and Thomas -- not guilty on the funny flora front -- the magic mushrooms although tempting remained untouched.

Given that we were on the Coffin Route, just imagine bumping into these guys below on a dark, moonless night.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Apr-2011/125969-Trolls-1-800.jpg

Grainne
04-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Walter :eek:

Are you sure you don't have some missing neighbors who went frolicking in the moonlight on a bewitching night and got turned into stone? Those "figures" are too humanoid for comfort :eek: :eek: '

And to think that I had planned a trip to Scotland this fall! I think I'll stick to safe ole Ireland . . . only fairies and leprechauns there!

Grainne

Flattwo
04-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Walter, these shapes would give you the Heebie Geebies!

I used to know a guy called Willie Moss, have not seen him for a while, maybe you just found him!

The Scottish highlands can be scary on a dark moonless night, I remember my wife and I were silly enough to visit the grounds of Ardvreck Castle (reputed to be haunted) on such a night, we could not see more than 2 feet in front of us it was so dark, it was like a horror movie, we were running in all directions to avoid the grasp of creatures just like yours...never again :eek:

Walter, you will have heard of Moss Bros (gentlemans outfitters) the guys above are founder members :lol:

Henry

juneto
04-17-2011, 01:00 AM
Walter, are you serious about it being called the "Coffin Route"!!!!!!
All that Mossy stuff gives me the Creepies too .
No one clips them into human shapes ?????
I guess we are not damp enough to get that kind of moss .We just get lots of leaves on the ground. I noticed that they have it in Japan, where the Pandas live too .Is that a salt -water effect, from being near the sea ?
June:) :wave:

charliedawg
04-18-2011, 06:34 AM
Hi Grainne - they are only tree stumps covered in moss...............well, that's until darkness falls..........................

Hi Henry - I remember Moss Bros well -- I think I hired one of their suits for our wedding many, many years ago

Hi June - the Coffin Route -- would I lie to you? Here is the link to the Forestry Commission pdf re said route http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/NArgyllWalksleaflet08c.pdf/$FILE/NArgyllWalksleaflet08c.pdf

Interestingly, the Forestry Commission are only responsible for the first part of the route which lies in their land - so the official part of the Coffin Route is a.............dead end.

Grainne
04-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Hi Grainne - they are only tree stumps covered in moss...............well, that's until darkness falls..........................

How do you know for sure? Have you checked under the moss? I think you need to investigate! Inquiring minds want to know . . . but as you get closer, keep a watch out for tentacles . . . you won't want to be drawn into the situation.

We will be expecting an investigative first hand report shortly. But if we don't hear back from you, we've enjoyed our acquaintance with you to date, brave lad.

Grainne

charliedawg
04-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi Grainne - you really want me to go out there at night and ask these trolls about their nether garments? I think you have overestimated my courage/ foolhardiness in this regard.

Flattwo
04-19-2011, 05:36 PM
You are a sensible man Walter!

Henry