PDA

View Full Version : When I dream I see

tpurnick
04-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Charcoal, acrylic and pen on paper
8 X 8 Inches

James verDoorn
04-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi Todd.... I must say that I really love most of your work. This one is no exception. I love the subtle color.. the brush work and the shapes. These things really are working for you as they do in so much of your work but then, suddenly you slam it in my face.

You did it with the last image you posted by turning it into a nude. The shapes, the color it was working nicely until then. And here it seems you're doing it again by adding the cross and then circling it.

The wording on the bottom is great. It relates closely to the tangled scribbles on the other three sides and allows us to discover it. It's a perfect example of how wonderful you work can be. Let the subtlety of your images work for you.

I don't mean to offend. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

van
04-10-2011, 05:28 PM
I always enjoy your work, Todd, and this is no exception. The variety of marks really makes this one stand out.

tpurnick
04-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Van...thank you so much

James...No worries my friend. I used this symbol a lot because I am compelled to do so. I am not one who belongs to any organized religion, however I find the cross to be the most human symbol there is. It is in our windows, architecture, telephone poles, bodies and faces. It is what we are and I guess if you want to look at it biblically, it is all we can be, as we are nailed to it.

PushingPixels
04-11-2011, 12:31 PM
wonderful todd.

tpurnick
04-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Thank you PushingPixels