PDA

View Full Version : photo

Artaholic
03-05-2003, 02:03 AM
Ok what do they mean to copy on to my clipboard???:crying:

angecald
03-05-2003, 02:11 AM
Hi, Artaholic, I had exactly the same question about a week ago.

When they say "copy into your clipboard" they mean to copy and paste with your mouse.

Block the text, right-click, click on "copy". Then go to the forum and type your message, right-click the mouse, and "paste".

You're supposed to be able to do this repeatedly when you have more than one picture to post, but when I tried that, the message disappears while I'm uploading the second image. The mouse only holds one image at a time. When you click on a new one, the old one disappears.

You'll probably get more expert advice from other people here, but I thought you'd like my input ASAP since I'm here. Looking forward to seeing your picture.:)

Artaholic
03-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Agness thank you I will try to figure that out . I am really dumb about computers so we will see :D Gerry

BevL
03-05-2003, 02:35 AM
Maybe i can help.

To post a pic, assuming you have sized it to no more than 500 pixels each way, and 100kbs or less, after you have opened the box to post a new message (or reply to one), click on the uploader button you see at the top of the wc page. This will open the uploader in a new window. Browse for the image from your hardrive and select it, then click 'open'. The text you need to copy will appear. Copy that text , then paste in your message box.

If you want to post multiple images.. just open the uploader again, (if it had been only minimized and not closed.. you can click the back button in the uploader box).. repeat the process to upload, and paste the next image in the message box.

oh! and if you're one of the people who keeps getting logged out unexpectedly from WC, its a good idea to copy your whole message before hitting the send button. That way you wont lose your whole effort if WC does give you that blasted 'you are not logged in" error.

Hope this helps. :)

Bev

Artaholic
03-05-2003, 02:43 AM
Bev and Agnus I thank you so much but I am really dumb on the copy and paste thing so I am going to get a friend to come over and hold my little hand and lead me through this so I don't bother you who have better things to do than wet nurse me Ha ha:) ;) :angel: :confused: Gerry

BevL
03-05-2003, 02:58 AM
Copy- paste is easy. Highlight the text you want to copy... press the ctrl key and the c key at the same time..... then, to paste, click your cursor in the message box where you want your pic, and press ctrl and v

That should work.

Bev :)

butterfly
03-05-2003, 06:14 PM
Bev:

Hi. Been reading this thread and have a questions...
Does the computer tell you what size your pictures is regarding the pixels when you try and upload (I'm not that computer literate). I was planning on taking digital pictures copying to a disk from my daughters computer and downloading to my son's computer (this is where the internet is) and then hitting the browser button when asked. Will the computer tell me if the picture is too large???

Any help I would appreciate. Or I will just have to wait for the kids this weekend they'll be on spring break from colllege!!!

Thank you,

Roni

sundiver
03-05-2003, 08:20 PM
This is the blind leading the blind, but......If you have multiple images you have to paste each one on your message before you use the back browser to upload another one. You can also open another window and access your "notepad" through "My WC". You can copy and paste onto that, then when they're all pasted, you can copy and paste the whole thing onto your message. Butterfly, I don't think your computer can tell you the size (at least I don't know where to find pixel information, but graphics software will. I use Polyview, which is downloadable free from the net, and if I click on "change image size" it tells me what size it is now.

Artaholic
03-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Ok!! I know I said I would not bother you but the winds have been whipping up the snow here at 60 mph and I just couldn't bother neighbor. So when I upload photos they tell me to move that to message area (I know this is so fundamental but just dont know):( how do I do that ? how do I highlight that??
Gerry

BevL
03-05-2003, 11:29 PM
This tells me you got as far as uploading the image. The line of text that appears in the box beginning and ending with [IMG] tags, you highlight it.. easiest way to do that is to triple-click your mouse on it. This will highlight it. Then, click the ctrl key, and the c key together, go to the message box, click the cursor in the box just as you would when beginning to type, and then press ctrl and v together. This will put that line of text in the message box. When you post your message, the image will appear.

Bev :)