PDA

View Full Version : Mini Spider

Rodman
04-08-2011, 11:03 PM
here's a board i did yesterday... I used the Ampersand repair clay to coat the board i HAD to use to submit. I just did it off the cuff.I sketched a circle and some stick legs....Thanks for looking.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Apr-2011/19717-mini_spider.jpg

MuttHut
04-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Either that is one small bord, or one heck of a big quarter, nice piece Rod, still your imagination is wild. OR you have a garden full of weird looking arachnids,who I wouldn't want to find in my garden. LOL

Wendy

Obedec
04-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Oh cool!!! Rod's come over to the mini side!Really neato!

lorna12
04-09-2011, 12:38 AM
Another funky looking spider on such a tiny board!

"I used the Ampersand repair clay to coat the board i HAD to use to submit."

Can you explain what you mean, please? Coat what board? Submit where? Nosy little witch aren't I??:wink2: :lol:

PatrickHedges
04-09-2011, 12:59 AM
Very very cool. What size is it, ACEO size?

PaintDog
04-09-2011, 01:41 AM
I'm glad you asked, Lorna . . . I was wondering the same things.

It's arachneat, Rod!

Rodman
04-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Oh.. while at the Tattoo show... there was a " Pint sized Paintings" ...400 paintings done by artist from all over .ALL done on the same size boards. The guy that put this show together and is traveling around with the show selling the book with the images in it... when he saw my work...he gave me a couple of the boards you "HAVE" to work on. So I turned it into a scratchboard. I painted it withseveral coats of the Ampersand repair clay.... sanded it flat...a couple more coats of clay.... more sanding. Then I airbrushed india ink at it. Basically, im trying to stay inside the guidelines,in a effort to get in that show/book. Ill let you know if its picked. 2"X3"....... business card size.

www.pintsizepaintings.com

Harry Seymour
04-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Rod--this is up to your imaginative brilliance. I too am curious about the repair clay. I have a vary small tube of the stuff but have not been satisfied with the few repairs I've done. The stuff gets gooey and hard to work with. Did you apply it with a brush and did you purchase the stuff from Ampersand?

Rodman
04-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Harry.... thanks.. I basically squeezed it from the bottle and spread it around with a paintbrush ... it is hard to get it to spread evenly. Vibration Seemed to help as much as anything. They sent the clay to me free of charge... im guessing that is S.O.P. Thin with water... Im thinking about trying to thin it enough to shoot it thru a bigger airbrush onto a non flat surface ( a ball) a round scratchboard? .... might be kinda cool

kenmacf
04-09-2011, 09:39 AM
I had a board I had dug too deep into and they sent me a tube. I just squirted it on and spread it with a palette knife. Sanded with 400 grit and it worked beautifully.

Harry Seymour
04-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Okay-then I won't give up on it the next time I'm in need of a repair.

SammyH
04-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Rodman, you live in a delightfully weird world. I'm glad we don't have those spiders around the house. One on the ceiling above the bed could drop down and kill a person.:eek: :eek: :eek::lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm impressed by your imagination and scratchboard technique. Very nice and interesting board

Buggin3
04-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Too cool!! Classic Rodman, just on a tiny scale. I actually wish that we did have those spiders over here. Strange critters like this are why I studued entomology in the first place. Weird, I know.

Diana Lee
04-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Classic Rodman, just on a tiny scale.
Ain't that the truth! This is so cool!!

Diana

objectivistartist
04-09-2011, 02:58 PM
remember the movie "Runaway"? they all went to Rodman... :eek::lol::evil::lol::lol:

animaldoctor
04-09-2011, 05:17 PM
love it rod...you must ive in a very odd world! Have done a few in graphite and cp that kinda size and it can be a challange.

Jen

03ahmed
04-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Cool! Cool! Cool!:D

fire angel
04-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Very cool piece, I know it will be selected!!

artbygail
04-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Rod, this spider is sooo neat, and very interesting on such a small size board. Small works are always popular.

You said you used the repair clay on the board where you dug so deep, I will have to order that clay. Meanwhile, in some places where I dug a little too deep, and then sprayed the board with 3 coats, those dug-deep-patches still show up and do not blend in, they are noticeable. Is there a solution to this problem?

Good luck Rod on the exhibit, I am sure people will be drawn to the piece to see it up close. Gail

pamelalbd
04-11-2011, 12:17 PM
"I used the Ampersand repair clay to coat the board i HAD to use to submit."

Can you explain what you mean, please? Coat what board? Submit where? Nosy little witch aren't I??:wink2: :lol:

Exactly what I asked myself when I read his post! Does that makes me a nosy witch too! Some.... (husband).... says thats a given :eek: If it were true there would be a lot more toads in the world :angel: :evil:

Really cute Rod......I'm not a fan of any close encounter arachnid, but love them in art and especially like the chrome ones!

FoggyMountain
04-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm impressed by your imagination and scratchboard technique.

Me too! You bring us all a change from feather and fur to view. I really hope it makes it into the book.

A round scratchboard...only you Rodman!

tigress
04-11-2011, 10:20 PM
This is definitely a Rodman. Nice work! Could someone please tell me what ACEO means?

artbygail
04-12-2011, 11:34 AM
ATC - Art trading cards - to be traded only
ACEO - Art Cards, Editions and Originals - for selling
All cards to be 2.5 x 3.5 inches
http://www.art-cards.org/

Rodman
04-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Ha!.... I thought it was a typo I couldn't sort out... thanks

VENKAT
04-13-2011, 01:01 AM
How many boards you have lined up. Another highly innovative work.
Venkat