PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Wednesday 6th April 2011 ***

Yorky
04-06-2011, 02:46 AM
Good morning all from a fine West Lancashire - 55F.

Sorry to hear (((Anita))) that you had a flare up of your fibromyalgia, It's such a variable disease and you have bad days and good days. Hope today is a good day :heart:

Well, we're off to Southport today to enquire about flights to Detroit in August we're going on 5th August returning 20th and hope to fly via Chicago again as we are more familiar with that flight. Flight via Amsterdam was awful last time.

Missed the refuse collector this morning - forgot to put the wheelie bin out last night :rolleyes:

Doug

Afriqueen
04-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Hi all the washers - most still to come - from a cold, wet Pietermaritzburg, with more to come in the next few days if the weather report is to be believed! :(

Doug, hope your flight-fishing expedition goes well. Thanks for putting me in touch with Pat - very kind of you. She is going to try to help me with the research on hubby's ggfather.

Got an assignment to do today so won't be spending much time on WC :( but hope to check in later today once I've made some substantial progress.

Just bought a really nice watercolor book on my kindle for pc app - thought you all might be interested - it's called Powerful Watercolor Landscapes, by Catherine Gill. - has some great ideas about simplifying and composing paintings.

Have a great day everyone, and hope all goes well with all of you. A :grouphug: for all those who are feeling down or unwell and hoping you are soon feeling :D

Blessings
Gill

shipbroker
04-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Morning all....

Dull, windy and about to rain......after many nights of half decent sleep I had 3 hours then nothing.....my small iPod burnt to bits so not in use these days...found a pair of earphones for the larger iPod Touch and started with mood music,no luck...then an hour of Miles Davis..that worked hurray!!

Off to market for some Lambs LIver and veg...have our caravanning friend who lives in Spain during winter coming for lunch...

cheers
geoff

((((((((Anita)))))))))

Roun2it
04-06-2011, 03:36 AM
Mornin' each .......... :wave:

Well last week was a good and bad one .... got rid of crutches which I had had for 2 weeks after the op for removal of a Mortons Neuroma on my foot and Yeah!!!! I can drive again ............. :clap:

The bad bit was having the fluid aspirated from my hip joint which virtually confirmed the problem is a reaction between the metal ball and cup in the new joint, I've only had the new hip for 2 and a half years, they have to send the fluid away for analysis but it was a milky-creamy looking stuff and the surgeon said it didn't look like an infection. So getting closer to having the hip replacement replaced!!!! I'll have the results at the end of the month.

I have kept you informed of the terrible accident which happened to DIL Joanna in November in Brisbane Australia when she fell and broke her neck, well she is still in hospital and still has no response from her limbs at all. The local Brisbane paper has done a good upbeat article about the family and the people who have raised funds for them. CLICKHERE (http://www.baysidebulletin.com.au/news/local/news/general/joanna-prepares-for-new-future-after-fall/2123272.aspx?storypage=0) to read the story and see pictures.

Although I haven't painted much recently I have managed to send 2 paintings to my local Art Clubs Spring Exhibition ............ one watercolour and one acrylic and ........... :clap: :clap: I found out last night that the watercolour has sold ....... :clap: :clap: It was this one Popping Poppies (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627829&highlight=popping)

Gill I have a Kindle but wouldn't have thought of downloading a Watercolour book as the screens are black and white and only 6in high .......... Do you get the pics in colour if you send it to the PC?
Hi Doug good luck with the flight checks, ............ :thumbsup:

Yorky
04-06-2011, 03:50 AM
Hi kev, good to see you. FYI my sister can't get on wetcanvas either - SKY broadband :rolleyes:

Congratulations on the sale, I think I must have been away when you posted it last year - a typically colourful Kev watercolour.

Wonderful article and I am glad that she is getting lots of support, she sounds like a wonderfully positive person.

All the best for your forthcoming hip operation, sounds like they gave you a duff one.

Doug

Afriqueen
04-06-2011, 04:26 AM
Hi Kev,
Good to meet you. Yes, you can download Kindle for PC and view any books with colour photos on your PC - I have bought 3 watercolor books already and view them on my PC. - works really well. I love my kindle and am really enjoying getting books so reasonably now, as books from bookstores are so expensive. I can get a book on Kindle for about 70 Rand ($10) that would cost me around double that in a bookstore, and as I love to read, that is a big plus for me.

laudesan
04-06-2011, 04:40 AM
:wave: all.

Kev, thanks for posting that link to Joanna's story. I hope she gets a whole heap more help too.. My thoughts are with her, Michael, and the kids!

This (http://www.ted.com/talks/handpring_puppet_co_the_genius_puppetry_behind_war_horse.html?utm_source=newsletter_weekly_2011-04-05&utm_campaign=newsletter_weekly&utm_medium=email) is an absolutely amazing video from Ted Talks.. I loved that the inventor likened the skeleton he chose to a nuts and bolts drawing of a horse.

It is about a really lifelike puppet of a horse. I was entralled for the whole 18 minutes of the video. Grab a cuppa, pull up your chair and relax awhile :)

"Puppets always have to try to be alive," says Adrian Kohler of the Handspring Puppet Company, a gloriously ambitious troupe of human and wooden actors. Basil Jones and Adrian Kohler, of Handspring Puppet Company, bring the emotional complexity of animals to the stage with their life-size puppets. Their latest triumph: "War Horse." .

Roun2it
04-06-2011, 04:51 AM
Just found out that my local paper has put the article about Joanna on the front page for today!!!!!!!!!!

They contacted me last night after seeing the article in the Oz paper CLICKHERE (http://www.lep.co.uk/news/local/plucky_mum_s_battle_for_a_new_life_1_3257449) if you want to read a couple of quotes from me ............ :lol:

Scene Chaser
04-06-2011, 05:40 AM
Good Day All,

Doug, I hope you find a good flight.

Kev, I have really learned to hate surgeries. Sorry you have to go through that hip operation again. A nice article on your DIL and son's family. They must be a strong, loving couple.

Geoff, glad you were able to replace your caravan. Have you picked it up yet? Lamb's liver I've never had, but would probably like as I like liver.

Gill, I'm still resisting the ebooks, though I can see a lot of advantages for having one. Someday I'll probably get one but for now, I can still get paperbacks cheaper than a download, and I can then give it away. Which I usually do.

I must have too much on my mind as I slept only four hours last night. Will probably nap later.

Therapy on my finger today, then taxes. I know, I should be done, but there are always complications.:rolleyes:

Bill

ona
04-06-2011, 05:49 AM
hi:wave:

(((Anita))) (((Darla))) and anyone else who needs one

Good news about the caravan Geoff.

I'm being creative here playing with an idea/experiment for gallery wrapped watercolour. I've started a thread in the learning zone if you are interested. It really is just an experiment, I'm painting a quick one and am then going live with it for a year and expose it to all sorts of 'environments' and see how it copes with it... so its a long term experiment.

puppies are rather keen to be fed so :wave: to everyone

Ona

shipbroker
04-06-2011, 05:57 AM
Morning again...

Shopping done....

Kev,nice to see you posting and well done on sale,the article really moved me as it must have done others. ((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))....

Bill, Lambs Liver is the mildest of the various beasts 'offerings' and is usually the softest......I prefer pigs or calves,which are more robust in flovour and texture, but our friend will only eat Lambs!! However, as he brought back 2 x 15 litre boxes of wine for us from Spain this year he can have whatever he wants!

rgds

geoff

p.s. My daughter the English Teacher normally bought three books a week for home which she passed on to Eileen,who is an avid reader......since she bought herself a Kindle at Christmas she hasn't bought any!...and Eileen won't have a Kindle as she is ultra non-tech.

nola276
04-06-2011, 06:04 AM
I'm just flitting in and flitting out today. Cheers, Nola.:wave:

Afriqueen
04-06-2011, 06:11 AM
Geoff, tell your Eileen that the Kindle is really easy to use and the great thing is if she has a kindle device (kindle, pc, ipod touch) she could still read the books your daughter buys on her kindle. You are allowed 5 downloads per book to a kindle device, so for instance, my husband and daughter both have an ipod touch and can download my books to their ipods, while I use my pc to download kindle books that are in colour. That's 4 downloads and I still have one to spare. And it's both cheaper and more environmentally friendly :)

shipbroker
04-06-2011, 06:28 AM
Gill...she has been told all that!

She was offered one for Christmas by Claire for exactly the reasons given but she likes to buy paperbacks....a huge amount of which went up in the fire!, but then the Kindle would have too!!

cheers

geoff

ReggieS
04-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Quick good morning! this sun is out , hope it stays out, 40s today.

Hap- the iPad, camera and paints always go with me!

Ron- like your diswasher!!

Geoff- congrats on the new caravan!

DArla and all - Happy Hump DAy!

Kev- I tried to check out the article but it says the site is too busy. Will tryagain later.

Til later! Have a great one!

Reggie

Lulu
04-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Too tired to talk but just had to pop in and say what an amazingly inspirational person Joanna Fowler is!!! Wow Kev, thanks so much for posting the link. I have family and friends whom I will pass that on to.

(((Anita))) and (((Darla)))

Yorky
04-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Ok we have booked our flights - tally ho!

Looking forward to our trip to Peters, may have time to visit Bill too:thumbsup:

Went to the travel agents to see if it was cheaper - silly me, they wanted 150 extra for each of us, so back to expedia.com.

Doug

CharM
04-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Good morning Washer Buds... it's been raining this morning and the day looks like a grey one... the weatherman told us to expect a few flurries... gee thanks... from the looks of our long range forecast, we don't expect to see the sun till next week...

I don't have any formal plans for the day... what I do have is a composition that's been drawn out since last week and I want to paint it! I also want to put together a short set of lesson notes for Thursday's class...

For Sylvia... Ted's been busy making a beautiful little squirrel feeder... he's going to fill it with shelled peanuts today and donate it to the Senior's Nursing home, who's feeder has been broken for some time.

Matt's at school and will then have to go to the hospital for his labwork and research... this semester, he's assigned two patients each week, and he must write up a paper on their meds and care... then, he works with his patients each Thursday and Friday and is marked on the accuracy of his research and the quality of his care.

((Anita)) I hope you're feeling much better today!

Hi Lulu... that's a pretty name for your newest charge... Cilla!! G'nite... :)

:clap: Geoff!!! So glad you've found a caravan... it'll feel like home... you sure did lose a lot in the fire... it's all the little *stuff* that will take time to replace...

August is usually quite hot down here, Doug... so glad that you've managed to get your flights booked!

Hi Gill... you've been inspired by a namesake... :)

Kev, thanks for sharing both links about Joanna... She's looking pretty good, eh? I'm glad to read that you're on the mend from your foot surgery... :heart: Are your Dr.'s suggesting that you're allergic to the metal of your hip joint? Oh... and :clap: on the sale of your beautiful, colourful poppies!!!!

I agree with you, Bill! No more surgeries!!! It's tax time here, too, and I don't have our finished either... We have two more weeks than you do, I think...

Ona, your thread is really interesting and I'm enjoying the dialogue along with your painting progress...

I was able to see the news story, Reggie... so, the link itself is a good one... hope you get a chance to see it... you'll be bringing all your techno-stuff to the Meet, then, eh? :)

Gail... Ted found an egg poacher, but they stick like glue to it... It was only $4, so it may find its way back to the thrift shop... the quest is ON... Oh... he wants the link the the bird calls website, too...

Hi JJ and Nola (still packing up the caravan?) and all yet to come... I haven't had a second cup of coffee, so I think I'll do that... and wish everyone the very best possible day! :heart:

Strawberry Wine
04-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Good Day Again Washers !

I just lost a very long post so I will make this one brief. :(

+ 3 C at 9:00 a.m. this morning but the sun is shining brilliantly.. We have a load of wash ready to go out on the line.

Kev, glad to see you in the Wash and read that you are off crutches... Beautiful painting ! Sorry to read about your replacement replacement.
Thank you for the inspirational link about Joanna! Wonderful that the community are so supportive. Having a vehicle that will accommodate Joanna's wheelchair will be an asset. She is one amazing, determined woman.

Bill, you mentioned the other day about living somewhere where the Barometer does not fluctuate.. I expect that Arizona is the only place on the planet. We have to do our taxes today or tomorrow. Using U-file makes it easy peasy though.

Doug, our travel agents here do Not charge extra to book a trip. They get paid by the tour operators or the airlines. I find the "sale" for our trip to Mexico on Expedia, phoned our travel agent and she looked after all the details. She also placed a specific request on the Nolitour manifest that I required a ground floor room. When we got to the resort all the information was at the front desk.

Geoff, :thumbsup: on acquiring your new caravan. You will back on the road again very soon.

I hope I didn't lead too many of you astray last week when I mentioned that you could refresh the wash page an not lose what you had typed in the reply window.. That must have been only if you use "Firefox" . I switched over to Google Chrome... which does not have that feature, hence the long post I lost. I should have known to save it first. Other than that I like Google Chrome so far.

Char, no, we don't want sticky poached eggs. :eek: I am sure Ted will find one. If he does he can bring it to the Meet. We won't be having Eggs Benedict again until then.

Here is the link to the audio sounds. Bird Sounds (http://www.enature.com/birding/audio.asp)

I need to get a move on...

:wave: to all I missed this time round. BBL

Cheers,

Gail

ronvickers
04-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Good morning Washers.

Geoff - Glad to hear about the caravan. Long travel to get it and better travels ahead in it :clap:

Anita - Hope today will be a good day. :wave:

Kev - Glad to hear your behind the wheel again. Hope the hip gets better. Read the article about Joanna. WOW.

JJ - Love the Ted video - Thank you.:)

Ona - I will check out the Learning zone.

I will check in later. I have to go on-line and look for work. Will try to start the cottage painting tonight for the Wash Challenge. Bye for now.:wave:

Maffet
04-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Good afternoon :wave:

at first to JJ ... I want that lovely parrots you posted not long ago....:thumbsup: We have now big gang of jaybirds all around. :-) May be I can practise some making photos on them.

HOho ....CD for what I recorded harp part was released today and I sound there like I have ten hands. I will not post this song as singer made there planty mistakes in english in some parts, but I like it anyway. :-D

LynnM
04-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Good morning! grey here, I hope a little warmer, we had snow flurries yesterday :eek: and a cold wind, I am so ready for spring (no smilie for longing!)

More painting and sewing here, what's new :rolleyes: I'm playing Scrabble in a fundraiser this Saturday, should be fun, I'm a bit rusty, don't expect I'll last long!

Gill, that is supposed to be a super book, I am waiting for mine.....we will both have an instant transformation in our work, of course :)

Nice to see you Kevin, so sorry about the hip. It is inspiring to read about Joanna's progress, and all the help, it must relieve your mind of some of the worry. Congrats on the poppies, I thought they were pretty special when I first saw them.

Glad you got your caravan, Geoff, what a relief! I hope Eileen can come to enjoy it too.

Doug, are you going to get any further north? :)

Happy painting Char, nice that you have a little time for that.

Gail, I always hit Preview Post before I post, that brings in any posts since I started typing, and I never lose what I've done. It's very frustrating when that happens, I know. Thanks for the birdsong link, I'll check it out.

Ron, welcome to the wash!

Wonderful lorikeets yesterday, JJ, such colour!

Lulu, you have a very interesting history, it is fascinating, isn't it! The best for me is to see a handwritten birth certificate from the 1800's, in Scotland they give all the information about the parents too, gave me lots of clues....of course I had to pay for that :rolleyes: but worth it!

Congrats, JT, wonderful portraits.

And congrats, Jana, on that wonderful book cover, and on getting your CD out, I think we would still like to hear the music despite the English :)

Hi to Reggie, Bill, Nola, (((Ona))), (((Anita))), (((Darla))).

Thinking of everyone else under the weather :grouphug: :grouphug: I hope it is a better day today :wave:

Ellen in Ont
04-06-2011, 11:22 AM
:wave: everyone,
Nightshift again tonight and I've been working all morning on emails (25 since yesterday afternoon and all need some kind of work before I respond.:rolleyes: Sometimes I wish for spam just to be able to delete without thinking.:lol:

Kev - those were great articles about Joanna. Sorry about your hip but happy to hear your foot is healing.

Jana - great book cover. I would like to hear the CD anyway as well.

Geoff - good to hear you got a replacement caravan. Happy trails to you.:D

I have to keep this short, have lunch and then a nap. I've been up since 4:30 for some reason and need a good sleep before work. Keep painting everyone.

JudyL
04-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Hi :wave:
Weighing in day no loss no gain no problem. Market day, Jack met me at the meeting, and we walked up town to check things out, then had bacon butties at Hannahs, with brown sauce :smug: Jack had a bacon and egg sandwich. Speaking of eggs, I decided to learn to make a poached egg, in a pan with water and just a touch of vinegar, worked fine! I also was told you could just boil the water, turn it off and then put the egg in, not as pretty but works, just trim off the whiteletts. I love an egg benedict, but don't have it very often. Just made me think of Huevos Rancheros, which reminds me of Mexican food, another think I will want to have when we go to SF for the race.
Geoff, good news on the caravan! you can keep the liver, any kind! when I was about 6 they served it for lunch, I ate all but that, and the horrible lunch lady would not let me leave till I ate that, I sat there for an hour till my sister came for lunch, she is my hero! Can you imagine serving LIVER to little kids! :eek:
(((((((((Kev and family)))))))))
All quiet here, DH has to work tonite, so I am being quiet.

Later

olliewood0702
04-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Hello all,

Rain, rain and more rain.....calling for it through Sunday...and the kids are on Spring Break and they could NOT afford a nice trip to somewhere warm.:(

Happy HUmp day to all.:wave:

I have my up and DOWN days and lately there have been more down. But I'm slowly getting there. I'm so thankful for my wonderful hubby who's been so supportive through all this.

The shower went great last weekend in Alpena and Jen received lots of lovely gifts for the new baby.

WONDERFUL article Kev...and I LOVED your quotes.:D What a testament to what a loving and supportive family Michael has. Such a strong lady Joanna is.:clap: I'm glad she's FINALLY getting the treatment she needs. Congrats on the selling of your MARVELOUS poppy painting:thumbsup:

I'm busy here at work so cannot linger; so glad to see you all and thinking of (((ANITA))) and (((ONA))) and you (((KEV)))

Be good and take care everyone.:wave: :grouphug:

painterbear
04-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Good afternoon all,
Just dashing through before taking our reposo. Got a big yard cleanup to do later today. We have three BIG stands of Pampas Grass that needs to be cut back so the new Spring growth has room to emerge.

I also want to put my hummingbird feeder up. I saw on the Hummingbird migration map that a couple have been spotted in our area of Ohio. Last year they missed us completely, so I hope to catch them as they begin to come through. Once they find a feeder, they are pretty regular visitors.

I have a big pot of Chicken Caccitore in the oven baking. It is making the house smell so good. Yummmmm. I use thighs for this because they are juicier than breasts. Naturally, I'm making enough for dinner tomorrow night and one to go in the freezer for another time.

Kev, I agree with ^^^ about what an inspirational story that is about Joanna. I'm so glad she has that fighting spirit. Also happy to read you are off the crutches. I sent you an article about a hip replacement recall here in the States. Don't know if they use the same mechanism in the UK or not.

For Sylvia... Ted's been busy making a beautiful little squirrel feeder... he's going to fill it with shelled peanuts today and donate it to the Senior's Nursing home, who's feeder has been broken for some time.

Send me the address of the Nursing Home and I'll ship them some of our squirrels once Larry traps them in the garden later this summer. :mad: ;)

Gotta go, the timer just rang on my stove, time to turn the thighs.

SYL,

Sylvia

shipbroker
04-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Evening all...

Very brief as washing-up to do as just taken visitor back to his caravan....

Beautiful day here somewhat breezy, hopefully died down before golf tomorrow...

Char, yes today we have found 'missing' a corkscrew and a set of spanners..somewhere under the ashes 'up North'....

rgds
geoff

Afriqueen
04-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Just off to bed (it's 9.30 here now). Got my last assignment done and had a fun lunch and Mall trawl with my daughter this afternoon. Got home and drew up my composition for Marisa's 6th month challenge. Got all day tomorrow to get some painting done :)

So see you all tomorrow dear washers. Sleep tight and loads of blessings wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

Strawberry Wine
04-06-2011, 04:32 PM
The sun is still shining here and the laundry on the line is almost dry :) I bought unscented fabric softener so it doesn't compete with the fresh outdoor smell.

Sylvia, you are about a month ahead of us. Our humming birds don't usually arrive until the first week of May.. Be sure that you make the hummer food very sweet. They need the high concentration through all of April and May because the nights are still cold. 1 cup sugar to 1 cup water. You don't have to change it very often at this time of year.. About every two weeks. Just fill it half way and keep the other half in a sealed jar in the fridge. Good Luck attracting them this year.. Check out the garden centers as soon as you can and buy a couple of Coral Bell plants. They start to blossom early and keep on doing so right into mid or late July. The Hummers love them.

Gill, have a good sleep.

Judy, i am with you - no liver for me either. I would rather have a salad or a sandwich for lunch.

Lynn, I think I am going back to Firefox.. :rolleyes:

:grouphug: Darla :grouphug: glad you are posting on Hump Day !!! The meds are starting to work and soon you will be having a lot more good days.

Dan just brought in the laundry and I can smell it's freshness as he went by.

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

JudyL
04-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Sylvia, they do say, over here, that you can eat grey squirrels but the red squirrels, that are being pushed out by the grey squirrel, are not edible.
Just a thought:evil:

Lulu
04-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Hi Lulu... that's a pretty name for your newest charge... Cilla!!

Thankyou! It's because she is black Char - after Cilla Black! a singer from the era of Lulu:D

Flattwo
04-06-2011, 06:09 PM
As Cilla Black would say......"Alright Chuck" lol

Henry

ScarletLake
04-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Hi All

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts coming my way.

I got several PM's and Thank each one of you. I tried to respond in the reply but wouldn't go. So I'm saying Thanks here.

I felt better today - had some pain in my rt wrist and elbow area but manageable. I took an Alieve this morning first thing.

I finished a small floral watercolor and matted it and took it with a few other items to my nook at the shop.

I don't know if I told you all but the shop is moving. We are going to be moving out of the current space the last week of April. The owner of the shop I am a part of is moving into a space located on Main St verses on 2nd St in our town so much to be done by the end of the month..

So it looks like I will have the opportunity to get another spot ready.

Darla - Hang in there girlfriend. Love Ya.

Ona - Hope you are feeling better too.

Doug - Maybe when you come to the states we could meet up with you and Darla.

Bill - How's the vertigo? Is it getting any better?

Ok - I can't rem anything else so will close.

I have a Dr. appt in the morning and will report back.

Anita

nola276
04-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Hi all, just popping in real quickly this morning. Need to do more cleaning La Pant, La Puff. Purchased and packed 15 kg of Coral Prawns yesterday. Packed them into small sandwich bags so that they can be used for bait (bluebone are fussy feeders).

Finally got some rain overnight, just what we need for cleaning the caravan!

I have heard a couple of you lately (I think Gail and Char) complain about loosing long posts into cyberspace. Have you tried the Undo button when that happens? Don't know if it would help at that time, but it sure works when I have made changes to my post and then want to go back to what I had before.

Must away now, Hugs to all hurting, Cheers to all happy and well. No time to post individual replies today, but I am thinking of you all.

CharM
04-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Lord Love a Duck... It has teamed rain all day... oh... and it snowed... wet heavy stuff that didn't stick...

And, Lynn, I didn't get a chance to paint!

Our friends Frank and Deb dropped by for coffee this morning and stayed for quite awhile... While they were here, Matt came home from school early and didn't have to go into the hospital to do his lab research.

So... we all went out for lunch. On the way, we dropped off our garbage at the recycling centre.

Then, in frustration, I bought a new printer. My Canon was eating ink... and the new HP cost me less than a set of cartridges for my old printer. I'm going to sell in on kijiji because it's not even a year old... I just can't afford to own the darned thing...

Ted needed a haircut, but his favourite hairdresser wasn't in... so we picked up some fresh peppers and spinach at the grocery store and came home.

Phew!

I've written up my lesson plan... made a "veggie loaf" for dinner (instead of meatloaf) along with a nice vegetable stir fry...

Now it's time to just sit in front of the tv with American Idol...

Thanks for the link Gail... Ted will appreciate it...

After working in Mexico for a couple of years, I can't face heuvos rancheros, Judy! Con frijoles refritos... picante... blecchhhccchhh.... :p

I actually forgot that it was H.D. Darla! :lol: I'm so glad that the shower was a great success!

Hi Syl... Gail made caciatore for us on the weekend in her slow cooker... It was some good, I don't mind telling you...

Hiya Ron, Jana, Ellen, Geoff, Gill, Lulu, Henry and ((Anita))...

I'll wish you all a good night/good morning... It's time to shut down the computer... :wave:

We x-posted Nola! 15 kg of shrimpy things packed into bags??? Here's another bleccchhhccchhh... :lol: