PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Sunday 3rd of April 2011 ***

monikadeo
04-03-2011, 12:36 AM
Hi Washers!

I am so happy today! Still not over the high of yesterday's world cup win by India. Was such an exciting and nail biting finish! India won the World cup after 28 years ......

Everyone sent us packing in the Cricket World Cup. :rolleyes:

Monika is out there somewhere quietly relishing victory.

Annie, you're so right! But now it's not a silent thing anymore, everyone here is loud and vocal about celebrating the victory :D:clap:

Have a nice day all ..... :wave:

-Monika.

nola276
04-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Hi Monika, I'm afraid cricket doesn't interest me, but if it makes you happy, it must be o.k.. Good for you.

MRSBB
04-03-2011, 01:20 AM
Hi Monika and Nola. Just cruising the forums before I shut down for the night. I fixed barbecued ribs and scalloped potatoes for dinner today. Then watched the news and was going to take a Nanny nap, but it lasted a couple of hours. I don't know why I was so tired today.

Good for your team Monika, especially if it's been a long time coming. Somehow victory is always sweet.

Nola, I loved the boat picture, looks like fun stuff if you don't get hurt. Wonderful poem also. Gosh, so much talent on this site. If you like peotry, check out Europa's (Pat's) site. She also does some great writing.

Hi to all to follow, I need to go check my mail. I am so bad about checking it. Went this morning and had a letter from my brother that sat their for 3 days. I figure if it's important, someone will call me, LOL. Have a great day.....Lenore

laudesan
04-03-2011, 02:54 AM
:wave:

Beautiful day here. We had a fabulous family breakfast at Sizzlers for Elise's birthday proper this morning. She got her gifts from her Mum, Poppy and myself. She was so excited, her mum gave her a mobile phone. I have been rung and txt. :D Mine was the first number in her phone, God love her.

Happy Mothersday to the UK mums.

Monika, you go for it girl, you brag all you like, it was a great win. I didn't watch the game myself, I rarely do these days, but I do like cricket. Especially the one day cricket.

Hey Nola. When do you leave on your trip?

Hey Lenore, I hope you get some quality sleep.

Love, hugs, and healing vibes to all in need. You are always in my thoughts..

nola276
04-03-2011, 02:57 AM
Hi Lenore, Sleep well.

Geoff, this is the layout of our caravan.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2011/216868-M541_layout.gif

The only difference is that the L shaped lounge is on the other side and the bench lounge is on the entry side.

Washed the caravan this morning, now I have to clean the inside and start packing it.

Hi JJ, I'm glad you had a lovely breakfast. We leave on the 13th April, ten more sleeps, yay.

shipbroker
04-03-2011, 03:05 AM
Morning all...

Monika.....great result for India.....the series has seemed to drag on though, I have only seen highlights on the news.

Nola, interesting layout.....Eileen wants us to go for a double fixed bed but frankly I am too large and get up too many times for it to be a sensible choice!

Weather dull but still..plans uncertain.....

I'll be back again later

geoff

doppler
04-03-2011, 03:50 AM
Good evening everyone.

Monika :clap: :clap: :clap: Congratulations!!! Lenore is so right ... victory is always sweet... on home soil too!

Lenore ... I hope you are keeping well ... sleep soundly.

JJ .. sounds like a lovely day :thumbsup:

Nola ... I especially liked the poor sod clinging for grim life to the bow. :lol: Looks like a lot of fun.

Non-eventful day here apart from Doppler waking up in a FILTHY mood. Touching cute until he was fed then attacked my leg, husband rescued me and he attacked husband arm, put him down and he stalked around and chased Boo (on hind legs slappy scratchy catty biffo). Don't know what got into him? Loving and cutesy cuddly at the moment . Perhaps he just got out of bed the wrong side? The other side of the bed is Boo's. :rolleyes:

Painting ... gardening ... avoidance of compost turning ... that's the sum total.

:wave: to all following. Off to Victoria tomorrow so won't be around for a few days.

laudesan
04-03-2011, 04:11 AM
Safe journey Annie :thumbsup:

Geoff, I hope you can get the caravan you want, you will not be happy if you don't, you know that. :grouphug:

Here are some photos from last night, for the possum lovers. :)

Baby was in a hurry to eat, he didn't care who was about..

Yorky
04-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Good morning all, late up!

It's a nice morning here, plenty of blue sky showing and 52F.

Lovely poem Nola, wondered what you were going to show us ;)

Amazing win Monika, Congratulations India, they looked beaten at the start, losing their two best batsmen. The captain saved the day.

(((Poor scratched Annie))) have a lovely trip tomorrow.

More slide scanning today I think, I am half way through them.

Doug

doppler
04-03-2011, 04:56 AM
Hi Monika, I'm afraid cricket doesn't interest me, but if it makes you happy, it must be o.k.. Good for you.

Nola Nola Nola (shaky head icon) ... you clearly don't live with a cricket "tragic" :lol: It's taken mine a mere 23 years to get me interested ... :lol: :lol:

And I won't mention motor racing :cool: .

Afriqueen
04-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Good morning all the washers!
Woke to cold, rain and mist this morning and seems set in for the day.
Monika - congratulations to India on their outstanding win - and a little cheer too for Gary Kirsten, their South African coach (sorry, just had to try and steal a little of the glory :) )
JJ - love your little possum pics - they are so cute!
Lenore, your bbq ribs sound yummy - one of my favorites! Hope you enjoyed them.
Happy caravan packing Nola!
Annie - sorry about the scratches, your day sounds like it has great stuff in it - who wouldn't like gardening and painting? (except for the compost turning of course :))
Doug - your slides sound intriguing - what are they of?
Have a happy day everyone.
Blessings, Gill

nola276
04-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Hi Annie, yes the poor sod up front, I bet they found hand marks in the metal seat. I bet his pants were a bit brown too:evil:. I remember one time we launched the boat and mistimed it. A wave built up and I got the motor started and headed straight into it. The boat rose almost vertically and hubby (who sits up the front and rows to keep the boat straight) was rowing in mid air. When we got back, the crowd on the hill (there's always a crowd on the hill waiting to see who gets swamped, dumped or turned) said he needed longer oars! No hubby enjoys cricket but he's not a total cricket nut. We will miss you when you go, but enjoy your stay. I will have muscles on my muscles when you return with all the cleaning I have put off and now have to do:eek:.

Hi Doug. I wish we could find our slides. We used to have such a lot of them, but they were misplaced when we moved years ago.

JJ, you're starting to really master your camera girl.

Hi Gill, My geography and climates is really appalling is so please excuse me for asking. Are you going into winter now or shortly?

Yorky
04-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Hi Gill, slides are old 35mm transparencies from the days of film cameras. I have a slide scanner that transfers slides and negatives onto a SD disk so I can load them into the laptop. I thought I had done them all but found a cardboard box full that we had lent to the MIL. many are half frame black and white.

Here we are some 38 years ago:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Apr-2011/1046-FamilyBW.jpg

Doug

Uschi
04-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

Glorious looking morning, blue sky, sun is up and temperature is going up to +9C again. It is supposed to rain later.

Friends' turn to cook the bacon and eggs, am not sure yet what I'll tackle afterwards.

Concluded yesterday that the barometic pressure definitely has a big influence on aches and pains. When I played table tennis on Monday and Wednesday, almost no pain, the weather was perfect. Yesterday I was hurting before I ever got there, I figured it couldn't be the weather because it was still perfect but I was told the barometer was dropping. So, BEWARE of dropping barometers:lol:

Nola, great photo and poem in last night's wash!!!

Monika, wonderful that you are so excited about the cricket win!!!!

Annie, you've got one moody cat there:lol:

Doug, great photo and what absolutely handsome boys!!! Can't tell yet that one of them is going to look exactly like you:)

JJ, how nice for Elise that she had such a lovely birthday!!!

:wave: to Geoff, Lenore, Gill and all yet to come!!

:grouphug:Darla and Ona :grouphug:

Uschi

Yorky
04-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Doug, great photo and what absolutely handsome boys!!! Can't tell yet that one of them is going to look exactly like you

The younger one Peter is my double now :)

Doug

laudesan
04-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Doug, Oh my, what a handsome family you are. Ruth you are beautiful!

Strawberry Wine
04-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Morning Washers!

Another beautiful sunny day is in store for us... Rain to arrive sometime this evening..

Thought I would pop in quickly to say hello. We have had a wonderful time with Ted and Char... Yesterday Char and I painted and chatted from dawn until midnight.

We are going to have Ted's favourite breakfast this morning. And Dan's. Eggs Benedict :thumbsup:

Probably no time to paint today before they head back around 2 p.m. Still lots of time to chat though.

Uschi, re barometers and hurting. Our barometer started dropping Friday night but yesterday was sunny and beautiful. Started rising again last night and it is supposed to rain this evening... I have never seen that happen before.. Time will tell on what happens over the next few days. Dropping barometer and rain and I do not mix.

Time to get breakfast organized

BBL

Cheers,

Gail

happhoto
04-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Good morning washeroonies!!

0530 here in the great northwet where is seems it's NOT raining...for the moment anyway!:o Who knows what will follow!!

Had a good day yesterday, got the yearly taxes done (Yay Turbotax!) and E-filed, so all we do now is wait for the refund to show up in the bank! Took Anne out for breakfast, and generally we just spent a low key day together.

Today will be "spring training" for us at the ballpark, we'll learn about changes in policy, pick up uniforms and new security badges and what's new at the ballpark! I'll be meeting my new trainee's for the season, some of them will work out...and some won't. Only the best will make it! Next Friday is the first home game and I'm looking forward to it!!

Monika, congrats on the dramatic world cup win for India!! And you get to be on holiday to enjoy it!!

Nola...we'll miss you when you're gone, but we will know you're having a lot of fun....without us ....sniffle sniffle:evil: Your caravan looks nice and cozy!

Lenore, BBQ is good, were the ribs beef or pork?

JJ, glad you had a good time at Elise's birthday breakfast!Of COURSE you'd be the first number in her phone!! Wonderful photos of the possums...I think they've gotten you trained now!!:wink2:

Geoff, keep strong for the caravan you want...don't settle on something that will "just do"...you know you'll regret it!

Annie sounds like Doppler had some bad dreams to work off!! Glad he's cutesy cuddley now!! Hope you get to enjoy your visit to Victoria! yes...we'll miss you too but we won't attack you for it!:evil:

Doug, have fun slide scanning...I have way too many to attempt THAT chore!!:eek: Happy looking family you have there!

Gill, how cold does it get during your winter? Do you get snow?

Uschi....you should get a barometer for your house..that way you'd know what to expect!! Enjoy your day today!!

Won't get to check in again until this evening gang so you all have fun today ok??:wave:

hap

monikadeo
04-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Doug what a lovely photo!

Annie, talking about home soil, the next WC (2015) will be hosted by Aus-NZ :D

Gill, the credit also defintely goes to Gary Kirsten :)

-Monika.

Scene Chaser
04-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Good day all,

Doug, love the photo of your young family. We need some new photos of your boys and their families.

Geoff, I hoe you can decide on a caravan soon. The weather is here for it. Wish I could have one. Maybe someday.

Uschi, Id like to know where I can move to where the barometric pressure is perfect. If you find it, let me know.

Hap, glad you have a new season to look forward to.

I slept in and now I'm baking some frozen cookie dough for breakfast. *Choc Chip I bought from the wrestling team.
Great morning food.

The sun is shining, the birds are singing and the squirrels have already knocked down the bird feeder. *Life is good.

I assembled my worm factory yesterday and ordered two pounds of worms. *I'm going to turn my garbage into a rich fertilizer compost. *Sounds like fun, huh?

I also have to help Janet clean the house. *She'll do the laundry.
And I am going to take time to work at some art. *Got to smell the roses, too you know.
Bill

Uschi
04-03-2011, 10:02 AM
I need a rest after doing my exercises, actually right now I could hop right back into bed again. Apart from being tiring it is also very boring and I can't stand boring:)

LOL Hap, that way even when I am feeling good I could feel bad about anticipating the bad:lol: I can tell your juices are flowing like the spring sap:)

Bill, I guess we need to grow younger rather than older, that would fix the Barometic pressure instantly:lol:

Gail, we too are to have rain and even a touch of snow overnight. Your barometer sounds as messed up as our bodies:lol: I always thought that we hurt when the pressure is down, didn't think it also affects us when it is "on its way down". Of course you and Char were endlessly chatting, what else is new:lol: :lol: What did you paint, NEED to see it!!!

Time to do my few dishes from last night and then off to Connie and Wes.

:wave: Uschi

Johnnie
04-03-2011, 10:13 AM
I need a rest after doing my exercises, actually right now I could hop right back into bed again. Apart from being tiring it is also very boring and I can't stand boring:)
wave: Uschi

Boring..hmm. Well would you like me to come up and watch you exercise till you get bored then we can find something EXCITING to do.. What ya think girl. ;-) lol

Johnnie

Europa
04-03-2011, 10:31 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!

Just popping in to say hi - am busy downloading stuff on my desktop computer and also had to phone the TV people as my programs keep pixelating and the sound dropping off and my HD channels just freeze....they are sending out an engineer on Tuesday to either increase the signal or replace the box. Thank goodness we had the foresight to install digital TV as well as the cable so all is not lost.

Been spoiling Mum today - we were teasing her last night that we had forgotten it was Mothers Day today and that we would have to nip to the garage to get some flowers - she actually believed it....LOL. Of course this morning when she got her real pressies and cards she was in tears......aaaaaaaaaw.

Just waiting now for my darling son to make an appearance.

My brother Michael rang Mum this morning - I told him to get off his backside and come and visit her instead of just sending a card and phoning her - he only lives the other side of town - I get really annoyed about his lack of visiting - thinks a phone call will do every couple of weeks....grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

JJ - you are getting some cracking pics of those little visitors of yours.

Doug - I can certainly vouch that your Peter is the spitting image of you - that is why it was so easy to recognise him when he was walking around that village in Canada when I accosted him with ' Your Doug Elliot's son aren't you'.........his face was a picture........LOL.

Oooh someone at the door - bbl.

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

JudyL
04-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Happy Mothering Sunday :wave:
Jack got me a lovely card, which I had told him he didn't need to get one for me, till May, the US one. But really really nice, and a surprise. Did out ususal Sunday stuff, sat outside at the Marigold, the boat shed was full to the brim, but the sun came out. Worst thing is someone :eek: did some fertilizer-ing somewhere up wind and it's been fouling the air for DAYS! we really need rain now.
I do not do sports, not cricket, the Footie, a bit of Rugby is ok and American Football when it's in London at the Wembly :smug: Oh when the Niners win.

We are going to go to London later this month, Jack has training, and I am going to keep him company. While I am there I will go to the Tate to see that watercolour exhibit! cannot wait!
Oh shopping will be ok as well and maybe a play. Love London!

TTFN

shipbroker
04-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Afternoon....

Bright and breezy but a nice day....have spent all day 'gutting' the garage just checking on which spares I have for caravanning....not a great deal it turns out...most were in the 'van....two weeks this afternoon..time flies. However, have discovered rather a lot of stuff that would constitute a reasonable size stall at a car boot sale....so may do one next Saturday if weather decent.

Hap,agree about the 'just do' situation but could be many weeks,or more, before I find the newer equal of what we lost. The smaller alternative is a very good price, and if she had not been just widowed I could try even harder! We have already cancelled this week and were supposed to be in Scotland for the Melrose 7's ( Lulu knows what this is) and some trout fishing on the Tweed from this coming Thursday...for up to 10 days.....

When we get to the post-Easter weeks we are away anything up to 5 weeks at a time ( not many Wash postings then) till early July...so we need something.

JudyL.....I was in London in the 60's and early 70's ( about the same time as Uschi) and whilst I got plenty of culture ( two flatmates were in Theatre, another in BBC) I was broke most of time.......I then for many years, until 2007, had to go down every 3rd and/or 5th Saturday and it became my least favourite place..I did know it really well, in fact the Londoners in my office used to ask me to recommend places or routes...they had no idea!! I only go for funerals now.

cheers

geoff

BDorsa
04-03-2011, 12:59 PM
good morning, afternoon, evening dearest ones :heart:

Nascar race today...it's beautiful outside however everything is covered with yellow-green tree pollen so I doubt I'll venture out...Elvis Lee is allergic also...and he's so close to the ground that when we take him out, we have to wipe him down immediately or he starts sneezing...my poor pup....want to - have to - need to - paint for a bit (do you ever feel that way?)...making mexican chicken for dinner...yum

:heart: Happy Mother's Day to UK Mothers :heart:

Monika: :clap: big congratulations to India for the win :thumbsup:

Nola: thanks for sharing you poem yesterday :) . No bathroom in your caravan?

Lenore: what's a "Nanny nap"?

JJ: glad to hear the birthday weekend for Elise was fabulous...looks like your visitors love fruit

Annie: travel safe

Doug: we've got slides from the 1970s also...you haven't changed a bit, just your hair color

Uschi: barometric pressure can bring on aches & pains in me too...and full moons/new moons can often times bring on insomnia for me...along with the dreadfull perimenopausal hormones...my sleep/wake cycle is soo messed up

Gail: glad you had a wonderful time with Char

Hap: enjoy your spring training day

Bill: If it weren't for diabetes, I'd have cookies for breakfast every day

:wave: Hello Geoff, Gill. JudyL, Pat & all who visit after me.

(((( hugs & love to all ))))

Flattwo
04-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Hi to All

Another beautiful day here today, delivered flowers, choocies and a card to my mother, and no I'm not a mummies boy lol, the eldest of six actually!

Judy, I'm with Geoff on this, I lived and worked in London for 18 years and really enjoyed it, but it has changed out of all recognition, now I would not live there if you paid me, although we have to go and visit my wifes sick sister soon..... not looking forward to it!

Henry

Ellen in Ont
04-03-2011, 01:04 PM
:wave: everyone,
One more nightshift tonight then a couple of days off. I am a walking zombie right now as I only had a few hours sleep. I'll try for another nap shortly.

Great reading about all that's going on in your lives but just too tired to try to answer everyone. Tomorrow will be a better day.:)

Have a great end to your weekend everyone.

Lulu
04-03-2011, 04:04 PM
morning everyone from a bright and sunny Cambridge.
Enjoying family staying, had some good games of Chickenfoot last night Doug!

Monika, fantastic win for India:clap: My hubby was born a cricket fan I think!

NZ won the Rugby World Sevens again beating Sth Africa in the final game:thumbsup: Love Sevens, it's so fast. Two more in the series to go, Scotland and England.

Not saying anything 'bout your pesky possum pics JJ:p lol

Nice photo Doug, you don't look much older now;)

Mother's Day is not celebrated here until May.
Happy Mother's Day to those who do celebrate it now.

I hear stirring in the house, better go and get brekky:wave:

Afriqueen
04-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Doug - love your old slide and your family look great. It's so much fun to dig out old photos and look back at them isn't it.
Hap and Nola, yes we are going into winter here, though Hap I'm sure you wouldn't think much of our winters. Av minimum temp is around 7C and av max is probably around 17C though we have many days when it's sunny and temps are around 22/23C - more like an English summer day without the rain :)
There are mountains about an hour from us and they get snow on in the winter, but it's rare for us to get snow. In the last 12 years we've had very light snow here only once. Mostly our winter's are mild and dry.

Anyway, signing off for the night now - happy day to all of you still enjoying the sun.

Chat again tomorrow.
Blessings
Gill

CharM
04-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Hi Honeys, we home! I haven't read the Washes to catch up yet... My Husband was able to have a nice visit with his best friend Rick while Gail and I painted (ok, chatted a bit)... As always, we had a great weekend... :heart: On the way home, it snowed to beat the band... it felt like Mother Nature was slinging snowballs at us!

I need to think of something to make for dinner, so can't stay to visit...

I did want to say that I love your Family Foto, Doug! What a wonderful Kodak moment...

And Geoff and Lulu, I have to dig up a "layout" of our little travel trailer (caravan)...

I'll probably be back later... like... I'm addicted or something... :) :wave:

Uschi
04-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Char, good to have you back!!! Did you drive to the north Pole?? Not a flake of snow here!!

Uschi

Lulu
04-03-2011, 07:18 PM
And Geoff and Lulu, I have to dig up a "layout" of our little travel trailer (caravan)...

Not me Char. Have never owned or used a caravan, or ever been tenting, not likely to now lol

CharM
04-03-2011, 07:25 PM
So... Ted took us out for supper, so I didn't have to cook... I've been pampered all weekend!

Uschi... It started snowing like crazy about 1/2 hour from our place... around the last Service Centre before our exit on the 401...

Lulu... I must have been thinking about you! :) I meant to tell Nola that... and, that I enjoyed seeing both hers and Geoff's trailer floorplans...

I'm off to make some coffee for everyone... cya!

Uschi
04-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Char, YUP, arrived here abouyt 1/2 hour ago (7:00 p.m.) - Really coming down:eek:

Uschi

Lulu
04-03-2011, 07:30 PM
:)Char

We have friends who bought a motorhome when they retired and now they travel the country in it. It's a great layout for such a small space, and has everything they need. I enjoy them enjoying it!

Family have just gone, was a very enjoyable visit.
Now to house-clean and get the washing on the line.:wave:

Strawberry Wine
04-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Glad you are home safe and sound Char ! While you were driving through the blizzard we were sitting on the back deck at +12 C. :confused:

Light drizzle happening at the moment.

See you all in my morning.

Cheers,

Gail