PDA

View Full Version : April Monthly Class!!!

painterbear
04-01-2011, 06:18 AM
Our new monthly class, Indirect Painting: how to paint a landscape at 80% without using a brush, will begin on Monday, 4 April, so get ready to have some fun. We'll be learning to turn out works like this:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2011/9833-209142-Relax_800-600.jpg

Instructor: Stefanie Vallee
Subject: Painting Landscapes at 80% without using a brush
How: using indirect painting techniques
For: watercolor lovers at all levels

This technique is meant to easily improve your painting experience and turn any watercolor into a vibrant piece of art. You will learn how to team up with water and let it do 80% of the job while you’re having fun! And if you think watercolor is hard and doesn't allow mistakes, this workshop will challenge this belief with pro tips that prove watercolor is easy!

This class will be a perfect opportunity to increase your awareness about water dynamics and improve your understanding on how to use masking fluid. As a result, you will play with color freely using pouring, spattering, spraying, scrubbing, and finding even more ways to paint without using a brush and end up with a wonderful figurative painting.

Stefanie

Watch for the class thread as a sticky in The Learning Zone on Monday, 4 April. Hope to see you there. :cool:

Sylvia

Johnnie
04-01-2011, 08:05 AM
There is a guy in Oils that did a demo using just twigs from a tree.. LarrySeiler is his name. He cut them and shaped them to different shapes and gave a whip on what shape twig he uses for what he paints..
Was interesting , might want to look it up.. Be back about a couple of years or so.. In the OILS forum.
He kinda did this cuz folks were saying they could not do this with this brush or that.. So he showed them you don't need a brush.. lol.

Don't know if twigs and sticks would work with watercolour tho..

Johnnie

painterbear
04-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Don't know if twigs and sticks would work with watercolour tho..

They work very nicely for putting masking fluid on a painting, Johnny.

Thanks for the tip on Larry Seiler's demo.

Sylvia

Strawberry Wine
04-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Sounds like a fun learning experience Sylvia.

Looking forward to Monday Thanks Stefanie !

Cheers,

Gail

shipbroker
04-01-2011, 11:58 AM
I'll certainly keep an eye on this one myself, for a change, as my old style was a wet-in-wet rather than a wet-on-wet and I have got out of the habit of using either these days...

geoff

BDorsa
04-01-2011, 08:01 PM
This sounds like a LOT of fun...

painterbear
04-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Stéfanie Vallée, our instructor, has posted the Tutorial for the April class in The Learning Zone. You can see it here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=927997).

The Homework thread for any questions, comments, or paintings done using the lesson can be found here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=927998).

Both are stickies at the top of The Learning Zone so are easy to find throughout the month.

Let the fun and the learning begin!!!!

Sylvia