PDA

View Full Version : Holy crow! challenge piece

lorna12
04-01-2011, 03:28 AM
This is the one I did for BethAnn (ArtMutt)...she gave a list of things to choose from, including a crow/raven. I had just been thru my Arizona pics and remembered this raven from Bryce Canyon. There was a pair of them that followed us from the top at Bryce, to every stop/view point all the way down...needless to say, I took pics of them at every stop.:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Apr-2011/11613-The_Raven_sm.jpg

PatrickHedges
04-01-2011, 04:33 AM
So few people guessed you correctly. I had the benefit of knowing who did it and it is so you, but it would be interesting to see what I would have guessed if I didn't know the answers. This is wonderful!

Rodman
04-01-2011, 06:56 AM
I misread the title....and thought,what does a "Cow" have to do with this? Cool piece! How cool is this work Bethann?.... you luck thing you.

MJGresko
04-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Ha, ha I thought it said cow too and was thinking that I don't remember seeing a cow in the challenge. This is one of 4 that I thought may possibly be yours but ended up assigning it to someone else. Great job!

Buggin3
04-01-2011, 09:34 AM
When I first saw this image in the challenge, I figured it was probably yours. I second guessed myself by thinking you would do something REALLY different than usual to hide your distinctive style. I should have gone with my gut feeling and not some strange conspiracy theory. :confused: Very cool, Lorna!

Harry Seymour
04-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Beautiful but so unlike you.

FoggyMountain
04-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Funny Brett! Lorna, this is fantastic. Nice, nice, nice.

03ahmed
04-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Out of all the pieces I knew for a fact this was yours!! I was so positive I didn't even think twice!:D Brilliant work!

lorna12
04-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Patrick...maybe next time someone else can coordinate the challenge so you can join in the fun. Thank you so much for all your hard work on this! It's really appreciated.

Rod...thank you my friend.

Marcia...thank you!

Brett...you did what I always do...over think it! :lol: I don't think I could disguise my stlyle if I tried...next time I will try. :lol: Thank you.

Harry...I wonder why you'd say that? Because it's wild life? Thank you.:)

Thank you Lynn!

Irfan...next time you have to enter so I can see if I'm as good at recognizing yours. lol Well done on your win! Thank you!

VENKAT
04-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Nicely done . The beak looks perfect
Venkat

ARTMUTT
04-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Rod--I am a lucky duck to have this beauty from Lorna!! I will cherish it always. I have had a lot of people comment on it when I showed it to them and they can't believe that we do these types of "challenges" where we just give our work away.....I told them I certainly made out on this one!! *LOL*

jeniart
04-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Lorna - I think this is superb! My guess was that Patrick had done it though and I picked the monkey as yours:o However I did get Diana's right:smug:

Patrick you did an amazing job :clap: :clap: :clap: Good on ya mate:thumbsup:

BethAnn you certainly are the LUCKY one - I'm green with envy:envy:

PaintDog
04-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm still not familiar enough with everyone's work to be able to guess who's done what when the work is typical of your art! But that aside, this is an awesome piece. I love corvids, and a black bird on a black surface is a special challenge - bravo!!