PDA

View Full Version : How do I quote someone in my replies?

zoodlemaker
03-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Hi there, I'd like to quote another reply in my reply, but can't figure out how everyone does it so that it's highlighted and shows the name of the person being quoted.

I gather I click on the quote balloon, but I must still have something wrong, as it doesn't seem to do what I want.

WthrLady
03-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Hi there, I'd like to quote another reply in my reply, but can't figure out how everyone does it so that it's highlighted and shows the name of the person being quoted.

I gather I click on the quote balloon, but I must still have something wrong, as it doesn't seem to do what I want. In replying to them you simply hit the QUOTE button in the bottom right of their box.

OR you can copy and paste their text into YOUR text box. At the end of their text you type in [/quote] and at the start you type in [quote]

zoodlemaker
03-28-2011, 08:56 AM
In replying to them you simply hit the QUOTE button in the bottom right of their box.

OR you can copy and paste their text into YOUR text box. At the end of their text you type in and at the start you type in

Merci bien!

WthrLady
03-28-2011, 09:52 AM
get it? if I put it in the correct order, it will show up blank html code and try to quote it.

it SHOULD look like this but REMOVE the periods for real use

. Insert text to be quoted here .

WthrLady
03-28-2011, 09:53 AM
get it? if I put it in the correct order, it will show up blank html code and try to quote it.

it SHOULD look like this but REMOVE the * for real use

[quote*] Insert text to be quoted here [/quote*]

zoodlemaker
03-28-2011, 11:40 AM

it SHOULD look like this but REMOVE the * for real use

[quote*] Insert text to be quoted here [/quote*]

I think I've got it

Yorky
03-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Or to quote a section of text Highlight it and hit the Quote icon http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/images/editor/quote.gif

Doug