PDA

View Full Version : Having a problem with our forum?

Pages : [1] 2

Johannes Instructor
03-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Our WetCanvas Live forum is big and some get lost in the jungle of threads. See here for most.

bietty
03-15-2011, 09:09 PM
I get lost with all these threads and Johannes said that he would post his final of the pastel demo that he did on Sunday, March 13th. Did he post it and where might that be as I could catch the end of the demo. Thanks!

sherrysherman
03-15-2011, 09:35 PM
I get lost with all these threads and Johannes said that he would post his final of the pastel demo that he did on Sunday, March 13th. Did he post it and where might that be as I could catch the end of the demo. Thanks!
It's here:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=925023&page=2
Down near the bottom, Post #28.

pat-trew
03-18-2011, 08:23 PM
where do I go to upload the homework from march 13th, (last week), somehow i can't find it . it concerns ( we have to do a painting from a selection of 10) thank you pat trewern

flowergram
03-18-2011, 09:12 PM
where do I go to upload the homework from march 13th, (last week), somehow i can't find it . it concerns ( we have to do a painting from a selection of 10) thank you pat trewern

The main thread is here:

http://wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=522

The thread you are looking for says: Refrence photos for homework. You should bookmark that page, new threads will be added.

Gina

BumpaBob
03-20-2011, 12:36 AM
Gina- the threads are getting very confused. This one you mentioned for refeerence photos is now filling up with members' paintings, sketches and discussions! Maybe the reference photo list should be reserved for Johannes only to post his homework photos. This would help us keeep things somewhat straight! Just a thought. bob.c

flowergram
03-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Gina- the threads are getting very confused. This one you mentioned for refeerence photos is now filling up with members' paintings, sketches and discussions! Maybe the reference photo list should be reserved for Johannes only to post his homework photos. This would help us keeep things somewhat straight! Just a thought. bob.c

I couldn't agree with you more! The problem is that this forum doesn't have an official moderator with the tools to move and delete posts or organize. There are a lot of people here, a good number are neew to computers/forums. The best we can do is put out fires. It's a small problem compared to the wonderfull information we're getting...

Gina

N.Ramchandran
03-20-2011, 08:44 AM
[QUOTE]

LadyMadonna
03-20-2011, 08:46 AM
What I find odd is that we cannot delete our own comments should we wish too . This is the first forum where I see this. It seems like it should be an individual choice. I realize we can do an edit but why not a complete delete ?

Rosemarie
03-20-2011, 09:22 AM
What I find odd is that we cannot delete our own comments should we wish too . This is the first forum where I see this. It seems like it should be an individual choice. I realize we can do an edit but why not a complete delete ?

If you are quick enough you can edit the post. I just don't know the time span for this in wetcanvas. In other forums it is about 10 minutes. You can delete the content and just write deleted by poster.

sherrysherman
03-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Bob, the threads are confused but Gina does not have the moderator's power at this point to move things around or delete things. As for the thread for Johannes' ref photos, he instructed us to post our paintings, thumbnails, whatever there, so that's how it should be. (At least his ref photos are always the FIRST post, so easy to find.)

And as for "reserving" a thread for Johannes only - please look at the Handout thread, which is for Johannes to post Handouts on ONLY. People wind up posting comments and questions there, sometimes totally unrelated to Handouts. The key is for the moderator to be able to move and delete posts. Gina started a new thread called "Webinar recordings/moderation" or something like that in which she asks that we email WC/f&W with these requests. Mass pressure?

sherrysherman
03-20-2011, 11:17 AM
If you are quick enough you can edit the post. I just don't know the time span for this in wetcanvas. In other forums it is about 10 minutes. You can delete the content and just write deleted by poster.
You have 60 minutes to edit, which is good. You can delete the content, but that still leaves the post there, occupying space, pushing things onto new pages. I have searched Help about deleting and there doesn't seem to be a way.

We need Gina to have the power and abilities of a "real" moderator so she can do some clean-up. She started a new thread called "Webinar videos/moderator" in which she suggested we email people with more power than she (or any one of us) has and request (a) the recordings and (b) that she be allowed moderator status.

Dana Design
03-20-2011, 11:31 AM
From the User Agreement which everyone 'signed' upon joining WC.

Submission and Use of Content, and User Activity

12. You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, software, advertisements or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not F+W, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available through the web site or any associated services. You understand and agree that any Content you post to the web site or any section thereof (including but not limited to the Reference Image Library) becomes a permanent addition to the site, and that you have no right to demand the removal of any Content you post to the web site or any section thereof.

The User Agreement link: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/rules.php

sherrysherman
03-20-2011, 11:54 AM
From the User Agreement which everyone 'signed' upon joining WC.

Submission and Use of Content, and User Activity

12. You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, software, advertisements or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not F+W, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available through the web site or any associated services. You understand and agree that any Content you post to the web site or any section thereof (including but not limited to the Reference Image Library) becomes a permanent addition to the site, and that you have no right to demand the removal of any Content you post to the web site or any section thereof.

The User Agreement link: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/rules.php

Thank you, Dana. It's not so much a matter of "demanding" that something we've posted be removed. It's a matter of trying to keep the area a little less confusing. For example, if someone posts a "thank you for your notes" in the thread for Robert to post his notes and realizes they shouldn't have, or if they post "here's a great book" in the Handouts thread, that person might wish to go back and delete his or her own post so as to preserve the thread's purpose. You can edit your own post within an hour, you can delete its content entirely. Why not be able to just delete the whole post during that hour?

And also, since Gina has volunteered to help with the site - guiding people around, etc - it does seem that it would help her help us if she could remove or move posts. Again, it's not that anyone is protesting the agreement we all agreed to; it's just a matter of making this area easier to use and navigate.

Dana, thanks for all the work that you do. I know being a moderator is sometimes thankless. :)

Dana Design
03-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Sherry, it's always been within the contract that we signed upon joining that any and all information belongs to the owners (and I've been through at least four owners).

One of the caveats to moderators is that nothing is ever deleted. Within a certain time period as you've noted, you may go in and 'erase' what has been said but the post still becomes a permanent part of the site. Oftimes a post may disappear, however, that post goes into a private forum for safekeeping in the event that a 'paper' trail be necessary.

It might be a good idea to remind a new member to stay on topic within the threads. Doing so would perhaps acclimate them to posting if they're unaccustomed to using internet forums.

I'm delighted that you're enjoying WC! It's taken many years, many moderators and many, many thousands of hours to bring it to what it is today.

sherrysherman
03-20-2011, 01:27 PM
One of the caveats to moderators is that nothing is ever deleted. Within a certain time period as you've noted, you may go in and 'erase' what has been said but the post still becomes a permanent part of the site. Oftimes a post may disappear, however, that post goes into a private forum for safekeeping in the event that a 'paper' trail be necessary.

That's interesting. Not worrisome (at least not to me), but something for people to know. :) (So watch what you say!! Well, by now we should all know that about anything we say online, email or other.) Still, the issue is about cleaning up confusion. One of you moderators just did that for the Handouts thread, and that one is great now. We are grateful.

It might be a good idea to remind a new member to stay on topic within the threads. Doing so would perhaps acclimate them to posting if they're unaccustomed to using internet forums. LOL! Yah, we do that, BUT.... In fact, this morning I responded to something that was in the wrong thread, so MINE also wound up misplaced - and I presumably know better! :rolleyes: I moved it (within my hour), but it's easy to make that error. And for newbies - especially those just confused by the area, well, pretty much impossible.

I'm delighted that you're enjoying WC! It's taken many years, many moderators and many, many thousands of hours to bring it to what it is today.
I believe it. I've lurked for a few years, but never joined until Johannes came along. :) (I was afraid it would become addictive. Which it has.) :wink2:

Linda Driver
03-21-2011, 12:06 PM
I am new to webinars and computers. I was able to access Johannes March 20 GoToMeeting however, I could not with the ustream. I tried to access it for about 2 hrs. also, no phone access to ustream - even on their site. Is it possible to view his demo? I love these valuable courses and hate missing any. Thank you Linda Driver

flowergram
03-21-2011, 02:05 PM
I am new to webinars and computers. I was able to access Johannes March 20 GoToMeeting however, I could not with the ustream. I tried to access it for about 2 hrs. also, no phone access to ustream - even on their site. Is it possible to view his demo? I love these valuable courses and hate missing any. Thank you Linda Driver

There are many demos that will be available at some point in the future, these classes started in January.

The main thread is here:

Check here often, new topics are added.

Amandine
03-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Gina, could you please explain what the homework about edges is. :confused: I cannot watch live demos because of my satellite internet connexion (and they call it high speed:rolleyes:) so, I miss any instruction given. Thanks.
Amandine

Colorix
03-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Me too, I had to leave early, and missed the homework, so I'd be much obliged if it was typed here. Johannes asked Amandine to ask here, so I do too.

flowergram
03-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Gina, could you please explain what the homework about edges is. :confused: I cannot watch live demos because of my satellite internet connexion (and they call it high speed:rolleyes:) so, I miss any instruction given. Thanks.
Amandine

Go to the main forum here:

look for the edges homework thread, the first post explaines it, then read all the posts if you don't understand. there is also a thread for class notes at the top of the page, this weekends notes are at the end of the thread.
hope that helps.
gina

Amandine
03-22-2011, 12:21 PM
look for the edges homework thread, the first post explaines it, then read all the posts if you don't understand. there is also a thread for class notes at the top of the page, this weekends notes are at the end of the thread.
hope that helps.
gina
In fact, Gina, I started with the first post, the one from Johannes but it wasn't clear enough for me, that's why I asked for explanations (english is not my mother tongue :( ). Maybe you'll think I'm a bit lazy - and I'm not - but I don't really have time to go through all the other posts looking at other's work trying to guess what they wanted to demonstrate. I would just like to know what the homework is. Again, thank you.
Amandine

sherrysherman
03-22-2011, 12:47 PM
In fact, Gina, I started with the first post, the one from Johannes but it wasn't clear enough for me, that's why I asked for explanations (english is not my mother tongue :( ). Maybe you'll think I'm a bit lazy - and I'm not - but I don't really have time to go through all the other posts looking at other's work trying to guess what they wanted to demonstrate. I would just like to know what the homework is. Again, thank you.
Amandine
Amandine, this is what a student wrote, and Johannes added a #3 for acrylics:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13691967&postcount=6

I would definitely do as Gina suggests and scroll through the first page of the "edges" thread. That should give you some idea about what Johannes wants to see. You can probably do that faster than you could type a response to this post.

Amandine
03-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Amandine, this is what a student wrote, and Johannes added a #3 for acrylics:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13691967&postcount=6

Thanks for your answer Sherry. The idea is that I couldn't watch the demo so, any reference to it - as in the post you refer to - won't work for me. :( :( :( Anyway ...
Amandine

sherrysherman
03-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks for your answer Sherry. The idea is that I couldn't watch the demo so, any reference to it - as in the post you refer to - won't work for me. :( :( :( Anyway ...
Amandine
I did not see it either, and MANY people did not because of video streaming difficulties. I still think that reading the handout, reading what that other person described, and looking at the examples will help you see. He wants you to paint trees with hard, soft, and mixed edges. Really, that's all. I have no idea what more you want.

If you want MORE detail about specific TECHNIQUES he used, read the notes under Robert's class notes. There are PAGES there. You can't expect Gina or anyone to simply rewrite what's there.

sherrysherman
03-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Me too, I had to leave early, and missed the homework, so I'd be much obliged if it was typed here. Johannes asked Amandine to ask here, so I do too.
Charlie, I hope what I wrote above to Amandine gives you enough information.

I didn't see the video, so I just did a painting from his photo with trees, trying to mix some edges. later I saw what people posted and I see that I could have done trees all by themselves, one at a time.

He just wants you to practice edges, in whatever medium you choose.

Colorix
03-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Sherry, thank you, I did find the post number 6 you quoted, came back here to share it, and discovered you already had!

Nahant
03-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Gina, I have successfully uploaded in the past without difficulty but today my uploads are being rejected without explanation. The sizes I've tried are 800x515 and 640x418 so that should not be a problem. They are jpeg files. I have tried inserting [IMG] at the beginning and end of the link as suggested in the "Image Upload/FAQ" thread which is currently locked. I have also given it several tries. This is very frustrating because I would like feedback fro JV>

Thanks!

Johannes Instructor
03-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Gina, I have successfully uploaded in the past without difficulty but today my uploads are being rejected without explanation. The sizes I've tried are 800x515 and 640x418 so that should not be a problem. They are jpeg files. I have tried inserting [IMG] at the beginning and end of the link as suggested in the "Image Upload/FAQ" thread which is currently locked. I have also given it several tries. This is very frustrating because I would like feedback fro JV>

Thanks!
Wetcanvas dumps the ability to upload files from time to time. You will just have to wait till it enables the upload option again.

Dana Design
03-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Testing the uploader.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Mar-2011/29065-propeller-beanie-hat-propmulti-120.jpg

Dana Design
03-26-2011, 01:23 PM
As you can see, there is nothing wrong with the uploader today.

Hit 'post reply'
Choose the little mountain icon bordered with dark blue
Follow the instructions from there.

Nahant
03-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks, Dana. I had been using the "Attach Files" link under Additional Options as it has worked for me in the past. I appreciate you pointining out the insert image icon (duh)!

wetbob
03-27-2011, 04:03 PM
It was perfect for me to see Joh!

Could there be a poll?

seven7
03-27-2011, 04:27 PM
I can only see video in small square on r. side of screen. when I click to see video it asks for email and password and nothing works. any helps?

flowergram
03-27-2011, 04:42 PM
I can only see video in small square on r. side of screen. when I click to see video it asks for email and password and nothing works. any helps?

Sorry, I'm not able to view it at all. A loot of this is hit or miss, we will be able to get what we need from the videos, and be sure to check out Roberts Notes.

Colorix
03-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Best of all the tried ones! Perfect sound, perfect video!

bobsavannah
03-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Nope. I was in and got kicked out. Very frustrating. I wish you stuck with any of the other venues for the seminar. They worked for me. I got on early, watched the clock tick, went help unload groceries and came back was gone. I spent the next 2 hours trying to get back on. And as I have a problem with trees, this was the one I REALLY wanted to see.

Kurlie
03-27-2011, 04:49 PM
:crying: being a whiner...I could see but not hear, very frustrating. I have Adobeflash and Chrome. I lost the sound when Webinar was turned off. I couldn't register for chat, either. But, then I was only one of the mulitudes. Wonder how many of US there are?

gale Prosser Shuba
03-27-2011, 04:54 PM
What Happened?????
I was watching your painting demo and enjoying it when all of a sudden I lost everything. Went back to webinair and you were not there. Hope you can do this again. It was great while I could see and hear.

Davkin
03-27-2011, 05:02 PM
I lost it before the demo even started as well. Had the clock ticking and sound for about ten minutes. Then the sound started lagging, then a couple minutes later it went to black and I never got it to come back again tried for an hour, gave up

David

Kurlie
03-27-2011, 05:51 PM
:crying: back to say I wish someone would have stayed in the webinar site to help explain the buttons and slider on the Volume...figured out how to use the volume slider.. worked fine. Kurlie :o no more tears:wave:

horsthh
03-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Very well done, very informative, one question, how to register to pose questions on the video portion, it ask for email and password but won't accept them.

Ruth04
03-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Last Sunday I couldn't see anything. Today the transmition was great. The video and sound quality was excellent. Thank you Johannes for sharing your knowledge. Kind regards from Guatemala.

Blah
Today's demo was superb. Both the audio and the video went without a hitch. There was no break from start to finish which was something like 150 minutes without any interruption at all!!!
Thank you Johannes.

Balaji

palongwell
The webcam today (3/27) was perfect! Thanks for all the information.

crem
03-27-2011, 05:57 PM
I got kicked out of Stickam several ties, but was able to refresh to get back in. This initiated another commercial and I sometimes had to re-adjust the volume knob. Overall, this worked OK, but could have been a little less frustrating. The demo has such good information that I hate to lose even a second.

Jim Reed
03-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Best Video yet...didn't have any problems or interruptions:clap:....way to go!!!

etdavis6
03-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Everything worked perfectly, video and sound, from start to finish.:clap: (Last week, Week 8 Session 2, was the first and only time I had problems with the video.)
Great job!!! I'm really enjoying these webcam demos because it is so helpful to actually watch someone going through all of the steps, explaining them, and answering questions.
Thanks so much Johannes, Ken, Judy, and Robert for all that you're doing!

TMcD
03-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Just attended Johannes' class, and the video and audio were both perfect this week. Thanks. Great class!!!

charleyz
Today's (Sunday) video and audio were much improved over yesterday. Thank you for your persistent work and success in resolving these issues.
Class demo's were really helpful, too. Cheers! See you next week.

oldradagast
Today's demo went fine for me aside from some start-stops at the beginning, and the instructional material was excellent.

That being said, the default "mute" on the web video could be confusing until one notices the volume control settings.

carol_lee
03-27-2011, 06:01 PM
What a wonderful evening...wonderful cam..sound was good.... and all was in sync..... a real pleasure to watch and learn... as you can see I am on the other side of the globe !!!! Thanks Johannes and Kenneth and staff!!! Good idea to make a poll!!!
Midnight here...time to go to bed!!!

tennischick
Wonderful demo!! I had no problems at all with the video or sound. Many thanks!!

bamonite
I had no problems this week or last week. I find that the home computer works much better for sound and picture than my wireless laptop which just happens to be new. And the home computer is an older one but upgraded but still not as good as the laptop. lol
Who knows. But it was great enjoyed it very much.
Take care.:thumbsup:

Shy
03-27-2011, 06:02 PM
The live video worked perfectly for me today, March 27. Thank you very much. I learn the most from watching you, since I am a visual person.

LENGERT
I have never had any real problems with any of the live portions of the classes. Today went really well though, no pauses or blackouts and the audio was dead on.

pat-trew
Best One So Far For Me. No Interruptions At All. And I Want To Say Thank You,-- Soooo Very Much To Johannes.

rkderieg
03-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Yes, it was perfect. Great video, great sound. I couldn't get into the chat room to ask questions though. The lesson and demo were so good!

mbellows
This worked fine! Due to my own ineptitude, I did not have sound for the first half. Finally figured out that I needed to use the mute button. The ad that runs first has sound, so that threw me off, because once it stopped, I had your video, but no sound.

Bellestarr
This was great today! This is the first one where I could actuallly hear and see. On the others on UStream, I either could not hear, see or kept getting locked up and/or booted out. Very productive for me and hope you continue to use the Stickam site. A very good presentation - thank you very much!

blarkin
03-27-2011, 06:05 PM
today's demo was awesome for me. Perfect sound and picture with no interruptions. The un-mute button was the only remotely tricky thing. Thanks so much for putting this on!

wetbob
03-27-2011, 06:05 PM
What a wonderful evening...wonderful cam..sound was good.... and all was in sync..... a real pleasure to watch and learn... Thanks Johannes and Kenneth and staff!!!
Thnx all, it was great. I ll practice homework trees (and post) so i can show my thnx:thumbsup:

Good idea to make a poll!!!

Could a moderator do it?

Geordiegirl
03-27-2011, 06:06 PM
I hope that I'm doing this correctly as although I've been a member of Wet Canvas for awhile, I haven't really "posted".

I want to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the webinar classes and have had no technical difficulties at all. I was even out of town last weekend and managed to hop onboard from a hotel using a very slow dial up connection.

Thank you so much Wet Canvas and Johannes for organizing this. I have learned a great deal and look forward to the rest of the classes! The class notes (and Robert's notes) are invaluable!

I assume that my name Wet Canvas name etc. will show in this post once I submit the thread (?): one way to find out I suppose!

loulou6
03-27-2011, 06:07 PM
This is the first that I could see and hear with no problems for the entire time. Last week on Ustream I just gave up because of the "start/stop" jerkiness.
Hopefully you will continue to use this vehicle for future demos.
Thanks for all the wonderful information, Jo and Ken.

singsong
03-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Last Sunday I was lost, couldn't see video or hear sound. I didn't mind because I can order the dvd's when they're ready. It wasn't a problem. Today, on Stickam, I was booted once, and came back in. The rest of the time, I had perfect reception on voice and picture. Thank you so much for your willingness to try new things so we are able to watch your class. I can't tell you how much I've learned that I wanted to know for years. Now to put it in to practise! :)

saphhire
03-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Yes, the video was good, even tho the canvas was not straight to the camera. My problem was the chat I could not get in, It said my email was not correct!!! The sound was good. Too bad some didnt follow the instructions about going to the new website and about adjusting the volumn, so they could hear.
I did not like the pop-up advertisements, blocked part of the screen, so did the chat box.
I loved the demonstrations, thx so much.

robert landon
03-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks for another great class . The audio and video worked just fine !!!

Alta Imp
03-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Stickam worked great for me, the video and audio were flawless and no lost connections, much better than last weeks with Ustream as I had to reconnect about 10 times. Thanks so much for the absolutely great instruction and demo.

Catherine the Great
03-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Great video and sound with this provider. No lag time, no delays. Anyone know how to register for the chat section. Thankyou so much for wanting to spend soooo much time educating us. Thankyou for all the work that Ken et al are doing behind the scenes.:0)))))))))))))

Linda Driver
03-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Bravo... I was able to get into Stickam today Sunday March 27th. I love these demos and all other instruction by Johannes. I believe my problem is lack of knowlege is computer skills. Also, I have been shy in introducing myself to others and to ask questions. I have ordered alomost all the books Johannes has suggested and they are tremendous . I hope FW will produce more webinars.... and Johannes and Ken thank you for your hard work and willingness to share your secrets and knowledge to make me a better artist. Sincerely Linda lsdbladz.

wetbob
03-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Yes, the video was good, even tho the canvas was not straight to the camera. My problem was the chat I could not get in, It said my email was not correct!!!
You have to register!!!! Google stickam chat register. register and then you can go there and it says your email is correct:thumbsup:

Myasko
03-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Have not had problems with the other video's exept for lag time. However this one was the smoothest on both sight and sound. Only exception is that I started reworking a sketch from one of my road trips in my head and reliving the travel and pine tree's and how to depict them as I have a tendency to overwork. Thanks for a great demo, learned a lot. Now just have to apply.

brandywyne
So frustrated. I really wanted to see this. Started out using Goggled Chrome; it came up briefly, could see the clock, then froze and would get nothing, no sound, just that one frame. I would refresh ( about 10 times) and finally just got the Stickam logo and that was all. Went out and tried Microsoft IE. That worked for a little while but would freeze and then come back after a lot had been done and didn't know how it got that way. Then it kept getting worse, would freeze on one frame and stay there and no sound. Refeshing didn't do any good. The chat kept going. I could read that very well but no picture. I really enjoyed Sat lesson and was so looking forward to this. I guess if there are any more in this format I won't be able to see them either.

sterjane
No problems, just confusion at the beginning when we were looking at a blank canvas with no sound, unless we were listing to the other provider.... Thanks for everything.

kingskid
Very good today! Great demo...
kingskid 3/27/11

sherrysherman
03-27-2011, 06:15 PM
First of all, one thing I REALLY appreciate is how Johannes is working so hard to find a streaming site that works EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD, for EVERY ONE of 1000 or so viewers. And of course, I'm in awe of the incredible VALUE that comes from watching him create stunning beauty from nothing but a white canvas and a pile of colored blobs.

Stickam was LOTS better than ustream, whether it was due to the site or fewer nearby people watching basketball, I dunno. It totally froze a couple of times, fairly early, necessitating refreshing. But mostly, I heard nonstop sound, which allowed me to take notes. The picture froze on me off and on; when it froze, it stayed frozen for a while, but when it worked, it worked for a while. Since I paint in pastels, even seeing it after a frozen pause was valuable because I could see the change in what he was creating, the layering, the sizes and values of strokes, the hues, etc. and relate it to what I just heard him say.

Mostly, I want to say that these webcam demos are really extra special, to be up close and watching what can be done and how is so much better than any live demo, where you're yards back at best, with heads in the way. Any flaws in technology available now should NOT be taken as a sign that "this won't work." For hundreds it was perfect. :)

hewill4giveu
03-27-2011, 06:16 PM
All i have to say is WOW !!!! AND DOUBLE WOW!!!
I knew you would get it Johannes . Its all new got to work out the kinks.
Todays lesson was wonderfull. The stickam was perfect in everyway. Clear voice ,picture no stops, jerks nothing just perfection all the way. Hopefully it was that way for everyone else to cause if so its a keeper.
The lesson was awesome to as usual. Thanks !!!

I just read several couldnt use chat. What i found is i had signed up with stickum. But a couple of times it kept showing as on the twitter tab which didnt let me sign in either. i went back to cyber art and refreshed finally the window opened to the stickam tab which let me do chat. But today i just did full screen so i could get the front row seat with out distraction.

*NOTE TO WET CANVAS ALTHO SOME OF US MAY HAVE ENCOUNTERED A LITTLE ISSUE HERE AND THERE WE ALL WANT THIS TO CONTINUE. IT IS SUCH AN AWESOME PROGRAM. WE ARE LEARNING SO MUCH FROM IT. All things new take time to work out the kinks and this is no different.

a tak-et venture
03-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Sunday, Mar. 27: I want to say thank you for the opportunity to view the Johannes demonstrations and words of wisdom. I watched yesterday on "Go to Meeting" webinar and it was great reception for me. Then today-once I figured out the new format-it was excellent reception using my I-Phone as my internet connection. I guess that I could add that I liked the format of "Go to Meeting" over USTREAM and the one used today.
AGAIN-THANK YOU FOR PRESENTING THIS TO ALL OF US.

Sienna black
03-27-2011, 06:18 PM
I also am not too sure about where to post this, but I wanted to say that I very much enjoyed the demo today, and everything worked just fine. I so look forward to the week-ends mainly to join the class. Thanks Johannes and also Ken.

elisamaria
03-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Thank you Johannes, Ken and Judy for a great demo.
As usual the picture and sound were very good here from my place in Sweden.
So grateful to F&W and WC and Johannes who provide these fantastic classes all free. :) :heart:
Elisabeth

birdwatcher
03-27-2011, 06:19 PM
I learn so much each time I see wet canvas. Love your painting demonstrations I have always had trouble with those bright green trees in photos. Now I need to practice what you taught! wonderful teaching! I've never had any trouble with getting on line or staying on line. Thank you so much!
Birdwatcher.

Sienna black
Everything went super well today, March 27, thanks!

ResaResa
Everything was great for me this time! Wonderful Tree Demo, glad it was in oils. Wonderful tips and hints! I'm so relieved you changed to STICKAM. Had a volume issue for first couple of minutes until I discovered that the video kicks in with volume off. Last week was a nightmare of getting kicked off, freezing video and or sound (I did however stick with you as best I could, finally just listening with a frozen screen. Thanks so much Johannes, Kenneth and team for all your time and effort. I nominate you for patron saint of Landscape Artists.

robertsloan2
03-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Perfect feed on Stickam. No jerkiness, no distortion on the volume once I turned it up, no problems.

Tips for using Stickam:

Check to see if the volume is muted when you first open it. Muted is the default. You have to slide the volume control up a bit to hear what's going on.

If the screen is just gray but you hear Johannes talking, that means he hasn't put anything on his canvas or paper yet and is getting his stuff ready. Not that the video isn't working. It's the Gray Screen of Anticipation, not the Gray Screen of Death. Watch for occasional shadows on it as he moves around.

To get into chat you have to register with Stickam and then log in using your email address and chosen password. Very simple process. Once in chat, to change your text color click on an icon to the right of the chat line (the one you type in) and it will display ten or twelve color choices. Choose Black because Kenneth needs to see questions in Red separate from chat comments that aren't questions.

Those were the three questions that came up for every newcomer to Stickam while I was getting ready for class. I answered them a number of times. Had no problem with it otherwise. Stickam worked out well and I think we did go over a thousand at one point during the demo.

You will get a commercial when it starts, but during the demo there were only occasional bottom of video pop up ads, not "halt the demo to hear about some new car I wouldn't waste money on even if I had it" full screen commercials. You only get that at the start and only one of them.

Sienna black
03-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Bravo... I was able to get into Stickam today Sunday March 27th. I love these demos and all other instruction by Johannes. I believe my problem is lack of knowlege is computer skills. Also, I have been shy in introducing myself to others and to ask questions. I have ordered alomost all the books Johannes has suggested and they are tremendous . I hope FW will produce more webinars.... and Johannes and Ken thank you for your hard work and willingness to share your secrets and knowledge to make me a better artist. Sincerely Linda lsdbladz.

I so aggree with you. What a gift we were given, free live classes with Johannes. I do hope that he will go on teaching in this way, so we can all benefit from his knowledge.

Dougwas
03-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Perfect picture and sound!:thumbsup: The best quality by far, even though I haven't had too many problems with the others. This was the first demo that there were zero problems. Loved it!:thumbsup: The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to sign in, but that was okay because I watched using the full screen mode.

Doug

hollyga
03-27-2011, 06:23 PM
WOW - the difference in night and day!!!! This session (3/27/11) was perfect streaming - both video and audio. Stickam was so much better than Ustream. Thank you so much, Johannes, for all your work and efforts for us!

To Horsthh: During the break, I opened another tab directly to www.stickam.com (http://www.stickam.com) and "joined" - voila - I was able to get into the chat mode.

Rob't Emmet
03-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Johannes,

Thank you so much for your tremendous program. I have learned so much. I have had few problems during the series of classes I have watched, as an occasional on-line gamer, the lag I have experienced with your webinars have been minor and confined to an occasional audio glitchiness. I do hope after showing me how to paint trees today, you follow through with a mountain lecture. I had to show my spouse your Mt. Moran finished demo work, we were hiking there last July. - Robert Emmet

Sienna black
03-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Sunday, Mar. 27: I want to say thank you for the opportunity to view the Johannes demonstrations and words of wisdom. I watched yesterday on "Go to Meeting" webinar and it was great reception for me. Then today-once I figured out the new format-it was excellent reception using my I-Phone as my internet connection. I guess that I could add that I liked the format of "Go to Meeting" over USTREAM and the one used today.
AGAIN-THANK YOU FOR PRESENTING THIS TO ALL OF US.

I like the gotomeeting too, but if they can get more people in the format we had today, then I say go with Stickam. It went well today, once we knew how to work our way around the program. Whatever works, just as long as we can benefit from more of these classes. Thanks to everyone who makes it all possible.

wetbob
03-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Tips for using Stickam:

Check to see if the volume is muted when you first open it. Muted is the default. You have to slide the volume control up a bit to hear what's going on.

Right click on vid, Go to settings, and allow for more space used by Stickam. MAYBE this works

Mina
03-27-2011, 06:26 PM
I, too, have enjoyed all the webinar classes and have never had any technical problems. These classes are such a wonderful gift to us all. I have learned so much. Thank you Johannes and thank you F & W.

SweetMe
03-27-2011, 06:29 PM
:wave:Great Class, Thanx Johannes and Ken 3/27/11
The video and sound worked great, and i am far, far removed from being any kind of a teckie The instruction is a privilege to receive. Can not believe how blessed we are Johannes, that you are willing to give up your time and expertise to help us become better artist. Thank you to those (Robert and others) who take and post notes from class, as that is not a strong point of mine.

sherrysherman
03-27-2011, 06:29 PM
I like the gotomeeting too, but if they can get more people in the format we had today, then I say go with Stickam. It went well today, once we knew how to work our way around the program. Whatever works, just as long as we can benefit from more of these classes. Thanks to everyone who makes it all possible.
Apparently, Johannes can't stream over GoToWebinar. So that's why he's needed to find other places when he wants to so a webcam broadcast of his demos.

HazelP
03-27-2011, 06:30 PM
STICKAM was great!!! Best ever - thanks Johannes.:clap:

Dot Hoffman
03-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Great job, today, AGAIN! I can hardly wait for the videos to be produced....I'll be among the first to buy!

I had no problem today once the video was established. Sound was good, picture was clear. And I'm looking forward to the next ones. Thanks so much for doing this!!!

Grainne
03-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Flawless viewing experience today.

Excellent instruction! :)

Much appreciative,
Grainne

Dot Hoffman
03-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Great reception all afternoon, once the connection was made at your end. Great sound. The only "iffy" thing was that the address on the Webinar was incorrect...at least I could not access it by going to Cyberartlearning and clicking on "live web cam" but could access it perfectly from the link in your email. My sister in Minneapolis also had good reception.

Love your teaching, Johannes!

mij
03-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Yes it was ok here in the UK - after I had found the new location.
Yes and found the volume slider had defaulted to 'OFF'.
I am/was unable to do trees justice before so I hope I can now!
Thanks Johannes, Kenneth and staff for all this work. It is very much appreciated here.
cheers
jim
:thumbsup:

valh
03-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Johannes, Ken, Judy,

Thanks for another great class . The audio and video worked just fine !!!
Can't wait for the next demo and even more can't wait for the videos to come out!

Val

:clap:

mbellows
03-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Johannes: It is an added pleasure to see and hear your enthusiasm and joy in sharing these gems on painting and composition. Thank you, and everyone involved, for all the time you spend in planning the classes, critiquing the homework, as well as the classes themselves!

Melissa

toco
03-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Just a quick note. I have been to the last four weekend classes, but had to leave today at 2:30 so I only saw the first half hour. Boy am I upset that I had to leave. I learned so much in just that half hour about mixing greens. I can only guess what he had to say for the rest of the class. Can not wait till the video is out as I also will be in line to buy.

m4m4m4m4
03-27-2011, 06:46 PM
I could never get into stickam. It would not take my name and password and there was no place to check on name and password.

I was so disappointed as the classes have been terrific. Thank you so much.

Lynn 592
03-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Yes, stickam worked very well for me.

alimari33
03-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Johannes, it was the best of the three, minor interruptions and when it happened i would refresh and it would come back right away, let's keep on using it!. thank you again for these classes, not only are they great, but you are a wonderful teacher. Sometimes the subject can be great but a teacher can make it boring, but not Johannes, you make us laugh, you challenge us and most of all you graciously share your knowledge and expertise in a way that everyone can understand. I hope F&W continue offering this classes with you as the instructor. Thank you!

Johannes Instructor
03-27-2011, 06:51 PM
I could never get into stickam. It would not take my name and password and there was no place to check on name and password.

the problem is you thought you could use the wetcanvas password. They are two separate companies. You had to create a new user name and log in. I was very clear about this in the email I sent. You gave up to soon.
Quote from my email sent to everyone today:
"If you want to chat you will have to create a user name and log in. If you don’t want to chat and only read then it won’t be necessary."

geminigirltoo
03-27-2011, 06:52 PM
I started in the middle of the classes. Wish I had joined earlier. I find the instruction excellent an have not had any trouble with the video portions at all. I am really enjoying the teaching method and think Johannes is a fabulous art teacher. This has really motivated me to start to paint after many years of just thinking about it. Excellent venue.

mickisew
03-27-2011, 06:54 PM
No problems this week with Stickam. Thank you Johannes, Ken and Judy. We appreciate all your great efforts.

Micki in Florida

Valerieart
03-27-2011, 06:56 PM
The video worked fine for me! Thank you sooooo much for your time (and Ken's and Judy's and everyone who make this possible) Because of your webinar, I will be submitting my first ever landscape soon.

Blessings, Valerie

Jerry Bridgers
03-27-2011, 06:58 PM
I had a few "momentary Freezes" of maybe 15 seconds each. It could have been my system.

Regardless of the freezes, the demo was excellent and the production was quite good.

I received an email, but it directed me to the Webinar location rather than the actual demo page. I have not yet received one regarding the Stickum page.

Thank you

Jerry Bridgers

GrandmaS66
03-27-2011, 07:00 PM
I am really enjoying Johannes' Webinar and demos. I am just beyond beginner and I am learning so much! My demo feed is working well. :clap:

Any chance you will be having a DVD covering his complete course besides the download? Can you make it easy of find if you do! Also, will it be available for some time afterwards?

Thank you so much for offering this to us...it is amazing!

wetbob
03-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4m4m4m4

the problem is you thought you could use the wetcanvas password. They are two separate companies. You had to create a new user name and log in
You have to register!!!! Google stickam chat register. register and then you can go there no site Johannes and it says your email is correct

Johannes Instructor
03-27-2011, 07:03 PM
I am really enjoying Johannes' Webinar and demos. I am just beyond beginner and I am learning so much! My demo feed is working well. :clap:

Any chance you will be having a DVD covering his complete course besides the download? Can you make it easy of find if you do! Also, will it be available for some time afterwards?

Thank you so much for offering this to us...it is amazing!
As soon as I do any of these demos or web classes F&W media (folks of the Artists Magazine) own the rights. Once they get the materials it is up to them how they sell them. Hopefully they get some lessons up soon.

NomadNana
03-27-2011, 07:07 PM
3/27/11

The class on trees today was fabulous!!! My husband & I can't wait each Saturday and Sunday to learn from Johannes. His knowledge is unbelievable & his personality so nice. We had no problems with watching.Thank you for these wonderful classes.

NomadNana

oCDs01-711
03-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Your directions were very clear if we take the time to open and READ your emails. :thumbsup: Last week I was one of those who had trouble and viewed about 75%. But I was satisfied. This week I discovered it was because of my lack of technical knowledge of how to manuver online.:eek: I scrambled hard and fast repeating and repeating some things! I was determined to get in! I enter the classroom waaaaaaaaay in advance because this has been such a wonderful experience for me.

I was able to view about 90% this time, and I solved all my tech problems myself! I had clear video and clear sound! :smug: I had not noticed the Volume icon in front of me! Duh.:confused: .And the secret of Refresh:thumbsup: ...I'm not the brightest apple on the tree, but certainly not the dullest. So finally it all came together for me. I look forward to next week's classes! Thank you for the reminders of what icons to click on.

Thank you Johannes, Ken, and Judy for your efforts.:clap: :clap: :clap: And Robert for his straight forward, clear notes! :clap: :clap: :clap:

jmfoss03
03-27-2011, 07:13 PM
No problems this week! Excellent video and audio and ease of use. Thanks again Johannes!

karan55
03-27-2011, 07:16 PM
I got in early so everything was ironed out, through your instuctions, before the class started......was clear sailing all through the class.
I really enjoyed the class. Thank you everyone for providing this to us!:clap: :clap:

Rosemaryanne
03-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Thank you Johannes todays tree demo was the best and most easily understood class I have ever attended.
I am sure that my trees should be so much better after watching the tips and methods used today.

THANKS A MILLION TIMES OVER

( luckily it was wet this morning so my usual committment was not on and I was able to watch right to the end.)

Rosemaryanne NSW Australia:wave:

mozapony
03-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Another wonderful class, with one of the finest teachers > Johannes and his ever present patience to spoon feed us shiny gems with the end of his brush. Ken was also attentive to students with his side-kick intellect, Judy truly works hard for us all.

I'm inspired to paint families of trees within their generations and trees like chess pieces. Johannes's metaphoric style of teaching provides the visual for stepping into another level of creative energy. The best up-lift in life. funfun.

As for the ads at the start and pop-ups, "adblocker plus" a free add-on for firefox solves that little irritation. Google it for link.

The chat window was a distraction but not a problem. When full screen was engaged that solved it. A great feature. I loved the close-ups. A teacher fully confident to bring his art close to our nose for instruction.

I did have a problem with the Adobe flash player settings window to adjust it. It didn't allow me to close it a number of times, so I had to re-connect thru my email link, it happened every time the flash window was opened. I did get it set. I felt lucky to get back in.

The start was stop and go, reloading, re-connecting. The demo went off pretty smoothly almost all the way, except at 5:00 pm EDT. The transmission was on a 15 sec. delay for only a short time span. No real prob though, then it went away and continued smoothly till the end.

I wonder if this stalling is due to me not updating my Adobe flash player recently when it asked me too? lol (I hate downloading extra stuff, but realize that it might be more important than I thought)

I learned about the mute button in GoToMeeting prior to the webinar.

We are all "lucky-duckies". Yaaay. Thanks.
rgds
Sandee

BGorski
03-27-2011, 08:17 PM
When will the tapes be available and where can I purchase for these great sessions??? My last two weekends have been tied up with grandkids, and I'm having withdrawel symptoms. I've got a monkey on my back of random shape and soft edges.

oils4me
03-27-2011, 08:19 PM
The video was excellent today Johannes, not one glitch on my end...:) And thank you so much for a wonderful demo, I'm learning so much every week, it's an amazing course, I feel so lucky for finding you....:) Thank you F&W for sponsoring this great event!!!

LadyMadonna
03-27-2011, 08:26 PM
I had no problem with the video or the sound in this newest video forum. I was able to connect with friends and enlarge the video screen to catch those all important brushstrokes and informative tips. I am so thankful for everything that I have learned through the webinars and Wetcanvas itself. I have ordered many books along the way. As we continue together, let us do so with respect and camaraderie.
Thank you Johannes and Ken for all that you do to help each of us along our artist's path.
Donna

dmfav
03-27-2011, 08:49 PM
I had no connection problems and was extremely satisfied with the quality of the webcam broadcast.

I do want to take this opportunity to thank Johannes, Kenneth, Judy, and F&W for the pioneering effort going into making this possible for all of us.

As someone who has seen more live in-person demos than I can count, I feel that nothing compares to the close-in live web shots we have with Johannes for really understanding what the artist is doing. Combining that closeup view with Johannes's special ability to describe what he is doing in an understandable way makes these webcasts very unique and helpful.

I sincerely hope that the webcasts will continue. :D :clap: :wave:

sapphirelynn
03-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Hello all!
just a quick note to say that I have had no problems on either ustream or stickam. I have been getting so much out of these classes that I hope they will continue.....thank you sooo much....hugs Lynn

gardenart
03-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Way to go, no problems today. I think those that lost sound and picture were not enabling the sound or refreshing the page when it went down. I am not too computer literate but all this was addressed by Johannes early in setting up and in chat later on.
THis was a super class and I hate that anyone missed it. Last week was the only time i have ever had any problems at all and after listening to instructions I was able to correct that and saw almost all the video.
Thanks to all those putting in so much hard work. This is a wonderful gift to us.
Sue

Greatblu
03-27-2011, 09:29 PM
I also had no trouble with the video or getting connected. The presentation was great and so many questions were answered!!! The one problem I had was my own ignorance probably. I couldn't get logged on to the chat room. I put in my email and the password that I thought, pigment. I also tried my wet canvas password which didn't work either. I really didn't miss the chat that much as I was glued to the demo the whole time, but it would have been nice to be able to comment if I wanted.
A BIG THANKS to all who are involved in this great class!!! Now to put in to practice.... Loving it!!!

BumpaBob
03-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Hi Johannes:
Let me join the happy chorus of those who had no problems today: the Stickam system worked superbly for the trees demo. Color was excellent, sound was perfect, video had just a few blips and stop-and-go moments. But after Ustream's difficulties last week, today's lesson was a joy. Thanks to Jo and Ken, and to F+W for making this class possible.
I've been a reader of Watercolor Magic/Artist from almost the beginning and this class, along with the videos we can subscribe to, prove to me that F+W has a handle on where art publishing is going in the future. I might actually get good at watercolor!!
Thanks again!! bob.c

CTpntr
03-27-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm happy to report that I have not missed a single class. No problem (except when Johannes accidently shut down) with todays class (CT/NY border). I'm now confidently painting trees and evergreens!!:D Thankyou Johannes, Ken and also Robert Sloan for all you do.

Johannes Instructor
03-27-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm happy to report that I have not missed a single class. No problem (except when Johannes accidently shut down) with todays class (CT/NY border). I'm now confidently painting trees and evergreens!!:D Thankyou Johannes, Ken and also Robert Sloan for all you do. I shut down for 5 min only. I closed the browser by mistake that runs the video. LOL

gwatford
03-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Great lesson today, Johannes!!! I did not have any problems with the broadcast. The only lesson I have missed was last Sunday with UStream. Today, was great I got to sit back, relax and focus on your wonderful class! Thanks, again for all that you and your team do to get the information out to us!!!!

Johannes Instructor
03-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Seems like you really like these webcam demos. I should do several more for the time that is left. It helps put it all into perspective huh? Talk the talk but walk the walk.

Tarlo
03-27-2011, 10:54 PM
There have been no problems here with either ustream or cyberartlearning. The small diffiulties have been at my end. I would like to express my appreciation to Johannes and his team for the excellent learning opportunities these webinars have provided.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

trexler1
03-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Had no problem viewing the program today.

Baimer
03-28-2011, 01:00 AM
No issues Joe . Stickam worked great and their iPad app was a extra bonus. Back painting again and I love the demos. Look forward to the building demos.
Keep up the great teachings.

Rosemarie
03-28-2011, 01:07 AM
Thanks for yesterdays demo. Johannes. The image froze for short times through the session but the sound was OK. It wasn't bad. I had slow connection all day not just for the class. Sound was perfect all the time.
Ustream first session was very bad for me when the image froze for 20-40 seconds while the sound was OK. That was during the pastel demo. Last weeks session on Ustream worked perfect all the time for me. So I guess we are in the hands of Internet and which servers the digital data has to travel through.

Art Leat
03-28-2011, 01:24 AM
The latest webinar was another great success.

Jo was doing his usual class act, calmly keeping several balls in the air at the same time: talking to the team, getting things up and running,figuring out why things weren't going as expected, fielding attendees' questions when things got under way, and after all this giving a wonderful demo. I know this from the streaming chat. Frustratingly for me, chat was all that streamed,

I joined the webinar fifteen minutes after the start of the runup to the official 3.00 EDT start time. I had been trying since the beginning, but had connection problems.

I realise that this first hour is setup time, so was not surprised by long periods of audio silence.

Everything seemed to be going very much as usual until shortly before 3.00. I noticed several times when Jo said "Can you see the clock" I couldn't see it. So I shut down the webinar and came back in. That's when the wheels came off.

At one point, when I got back in, I was greeted by a screen headed "Waiting for organiser". I waited ... and waited ... and waited. I shut down and rejoined a few times. always with the same result. I logged on to Cyberartlearning. This took me to a screen with just a dark sunset scene which shortly changed to another screen labelled "Stickam", where the top half was for video and the bottom for chat. From here on, nothing went right.

The video area most of the time showed a still picture of a tree Jo was working on, while Jo was talking about things he was doing (making brushstrokes, etc.) which weren't showing in the video area. The video was very choppy, with long silences. All the time, the chat was streaming fine and most of the chatters were having fun. Again, several times I shut down and started again. Again, the same.

At 3.50 I was ready to give up. Annoyingly, I was prevented from venting my frustration in the chat because a password (not "Pigment", as we've used before) was required.

This could have been a great learning experience, but after more than an hour of struggle I finally gave up and went to bed - it's late here in the UK.

I got the impression from some of the chat that a few other people had similar problems. How many of you were there?

Stickam? Yeah.I reckon so. :crying:

Willie2
03-28-2011, 02:17 AM
Hello from Canada, todays webinar (3/27/11) was terrific-audio and picture were right on- and the content was excellent, as usual. Last week was another story so I can relate to your frustration.

BeeMcD
03-28-2011, 03:05 AM
I had the same problems as Art Leat two posts above. Very frustrating as this was one demonstration that I really wanted to see. I logged on at 2pm to ensure I had a spot and went to the Cyberartlearning.com site and couldn't get any picture even after opening another window and trying again and again etc. finally gave up at 4pm.
I couldn't get into the chat as well even after registering at the Stickam site. Therefore I had no way of letting you know that I was having trouble. I'm sure there were several others like me as many were leaving the room and re-entering.

wetbob
03-28-2011, 04:10 AM
I could see everything and liked it a lot

I should do several more for the time that is left.
YES:thumbsup:

Art Leat
03-28-2011, 05:49 AM
When it's working (which for me is most of the time) the web is wonderful, so I guess we must not complain too much about the occasional glitch

essie89
03-28-2011, 09:38 AM
No matter what I did I could not get into the video yesterday. I tried the link that was emailed to us and I also tried logging in via the cyberartlearing website. Did anyone else have this problem? Can anyone tell me what the problem may have been?

lildip
03-28-2011, 10:34 AM
I had the same problem and would like a synopsis of the content. No matter what I tried, i couldn't get in

Dana Design
03-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Here are the notes from the 26 and 27 March webinars.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=875402

flowergram
03-28-2011, 11:05 AM
I had the same problem and would like a synopsis of the content. No matter what I tried, i couldn't get in

A video is made of the demos as well as the lectures, they will be available for purchase. There are notes taken during the sessions as well as the lectures available here:

Johannes Instructor
03-28-2011, 01:20 PM
The latest webinar was another great success.

Jo was doing his usual class act, calmly keeping several balls in the air at the same time: talking to the team, getting things up and running,figuring out why things weren't going as expected, fielding attendees' questions when things got under way, and after all this giving a wonderful demo. I know this from the streaming chat. Frustratingly for me, chat was all that streamed,

I joined the webinar fifteen minutes after the start of the runup to the official 3.00 EDT start time. I had been trying since the beginning, but had connection problems.

I realise that this first hour is setup time, so was not surprised by long periods of audio silence.

Everything seemed to be going very much as usual until shortly before 3.00. I noticed several times when Jo said "Can you see the clock" I couldn't see it. So I shut down the webinar and came back in. That's when the wheels came off.

At one point, when I got back in, I was greeted by a screen headed "Waiting for organiser". I waited ... and waited ... and waited. I shut down and rejoined a few times. always with the same result. I logged on to Cyberartlearning. This took me to a screen with just a dark sunset scene which shortly changed to another screen labelled "Stickam", where the top half was for video and the bottom for chat. From here on, nothing went right.

The video area most of the time showed a still picture of a tree Jo was working on, while Jo was talking about things he was doing (making brushstrokes, etc.) which weren't showing in the video area. The video was very choppy, with long silences. All the time, the chat was streaming fine and most of the chatters were having fun. Again, several times I shut down and started again. Again, the same.

At 3.50 I was ready to give up. Annoyingly, I was prevented from venting my frustration in the chat because a password (not "Pigment", as we've used before) was required.

This could have been a great learning experience, but after more than an hour of struggle I finally gave up and went to bed - it's late here in the UK.

I got the impression from some of the chat that a few other people had similar problems. How many of you were there?

Stickam? Yeah.I reckon so. :crying:
There was no password requried except only to log into the chat. The video would play anyway.

Cynthia428
03-28-2011, 02:11 PM
There seems to be three issues:

COULDN'T GET TO THE STICKAM.COM SITE AT ALL.
-If you're using a corporate network streaming content may be blocked. Without special permission, it's unlikely you will get in.
-If you're using your private network check 1) parental controls and 2) content advisor. Do this by going to IE > Tools > Content. Both options are here. I have content advisor set to 0 and no parental controls. Unfortunately the URL contains the name NuDesigns which might also be interpreted NudeSigns (only guessing on this).
Be sure you have a current copy of Adobe Flash Player and check your Firewall.

GOT IN STICKAM.COM, BUT THE VIDEO STREAM WAS STOPPED OR BROKEN UP
For this, right click with your cursor on the screen. Choose Settings. You wll get a small popup. Click on the folder at the bottom that has a green arrow. This lets you edit the Flash Player setting. Move the slider to the far right.

UNABLE TO CHAT.
I personally did not sign up for this access. It is user specific.

Hope this helps in the future. Cynthia :wave:

azulparsnip
03-28-2011, 04:21 PM
I was on stickam and viewing the preclass chatting and then when it came time for class to begin the chat area was blank and all I saw was the desert scene.

very dissappointing...why? don't know

Kurlie
03-29-2011, 10:08 AM
:wave: How about a poll, next weekend, for the number of folks that didn't get good video or sound on the 27th?
1. To chat one had to join Stickam..that was a seperate screen that needed alot of time to work.
2. Anyone not familiar with the screen for the video and or chat might not know how to use all the icons and symbols.
3. It would have been helpful to have left someone in the webinar room to answer question...even for a few minutes or one of the chatters could have posted more directions.
4. I was on the webinar for an hour before class...anticipating a pleasant experience...could not some of the regular folks not members of Stickam
been sent to try the NuDesign site to work out the glitches?
5. I had no where to get answers and was very frustrated.. yes the classes might be available later for purchase, but how many of the folks that tried unsucessfuly to participate are there? and will they want to purchase videos?
6. I hope this is viewed as Constructive and taken as such.:crossfingers: Kurlie

Johannes Instructor
03-29-2011, 10:35 AM
:wave: How about a poll, next weekend, for the number of folks that didn't get good video or sound on the 27th?
1. To chat one had to join Stickam..that was a seperate screen that needed alot of time to work.
2. Anyone not familiar with the screen for the video and or chat might not know how to use all the icons and symbols.
3. It would have been helpful to have left someone in the webinar room to answer question...even for a few minutes or one of the chatters could have posted more directions.
4. I was on the webinar for an hour before class...anticipating a pleasant experience...could not some of the regular folks not members of Stickam
been sent to try the NuDesign site to work out the glitches?
5. I had no where to get answers and was very frustrated.. yes the classes might be available later for purchase, but how many of the folks that tried unsucessfuly to participate are there? and will they want to purchase videos?
6. I hope this is viewed as Constructive and taken as such.:crossfingers: Kurlie

Did you get my email with clear instructions the same day I gave the demo?

Kurlie
03-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Johannes, I got 3 emails from Wet Canvas that day(sending me to original site) before the class, and 2 from you about 2/3ds of the way thru class. I think the problem in timing was due to the bulk mailing... I had to join Stickam when I got to the video and that took alot of time...log jam? And I didn't realize that the speaker with red X and the button for mute, did not get sound without moving the slider bar..which I thought was part of the speaker icon. If I had been on the chat earlier I might have been able to ask about that. I don't think the constant chatting ( from member to member--private posting) helps, either. I would like to see this idea of WC Live work. It would be exciting and a very good way to share information and learn. Thanks for your time. I am off to do my trees again, Kurlie

Johannes Instructor
03-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Johannes, I got 3 emails from Wet Canvas that day(sending me to original site) before the class, and 2 from you about 2/3ds of the way thru class. I think the problem in timing was due to the bulk mailing... I had to join Stickam when I got to the video and that took alot of time...log jam? And I didn't realize that the speaker with red X and the button for mute, did not get sound without moving the slider bar..which I thought was part of the speaker icon. If I had been on the chat earlier I might have been able to ask about that. I don't think the constant chatting ( from member to member--private posting) helps, either. I would like to see this idea of WC Live work. It would be exciting and a very good way to share information and learn. Thanks for your time. I am off to do my trees again, Kurlie
I'm sorry but I sent the email more than 3 hours earlier. Well next time you know how to unmute the video.

Nahant
03-31-2011, 11:44 PM
Re: Could you see STICKAM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stickam worked very well. Thanks for resolving yet another issue, Johannes. You handle these technical challenges with such grace!

Re: Feedback to Wet Canvas about Johannes Vloothuis' on-line classes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This has been the best and most innovative learning experience I have enjoyed in 75 years! You could not have found a more skilled instructor to handle the infinite challenges of cyber learning with patience, tolerance and the ability to explain things quickly and clearly. The classroom instruction is relaxed, organized and it is obvious that the instructor is prepared and comfortable in responding to student questions. I am spellbound by his demos and cherish the many "golden nuggets" of information he shares. The assignments are challenging and I am amazed at Johannes's ability to provide prompt feedback to our posts. I wonder if he ever sleeps. I could go on and on but suffice it to say that he excells in every area and I am very grateful to have this opportunity to learn so much. My sincere thanks to Johannes, Kenneth, Robert, Wet Canvas, F&W and All Participants for this wonderful learning opportunity!

Johannes Instructor
04-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Re: Could you see STICKAM

Stickam worked very well. Thanks for resolving yet another issue, Johannes. You handle these technical challenges with such grace!

Re: Feedback to Wet Canvas about Johannes Vloothuis' on-line classes

This has been the best and most innovative learning experience I have enjoyed in 75 years! You could not have found a more skilled instructor to handle the infinite challenges of cyber learning with patience, tolerance and the ability to explain things quickly and clearly. The classroom instruction is relaxed, organized and it is obvious that the instructor is prepared and comfortable in responding to student questions. I am spellbound by his demos and cherish the many "golden nuggets" of information he shares. The assignments are challenging and I am amazed at Johannes's ability to provide prompt feedback to our posts. I wonder if he ever sleeps. I could go on and on but suffice it to say that he excells in every area and I am very grateful to have this opportunity to learn so much. My sincere thanks to Johannes, Kenneth, Robert, Wet Canvas, F&W and All Participants for this wonderful learning opportunity!

What a nice message to read when I get up in the morning. Thank you!

luicre
04-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi, Johanes, good morning from Argentina.

I didn`t get the email with the remainder of today Saturday`s webinar with the link.

Is there something that I have missed?

Thank you very much.

Saludos

Luicre

animalhealer
04-02-2011, 12:22 PM
I too could not get in last week. Gave up after 1 1/2 hours. They wanted a password and I tried everyone I could think of, mine, pigment, etc. Am always on time and have never missed a class since this series began but almost dread the next live painting class. Wow! What else can I do? Yes, I always get the e-mails.

sherrysherman
04-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I too could not get in last week. Gave up after 1 1/2 hours. They wanted a password and I tried everyone I could think of, mine, pigment, etc. Am always on time and have never missed a class since this series began but almost dread the next live painting class. Wow! What else can I do? Yes, I always get the e-mails.
Last week SATURDAY'S class was on GoToWebinar. That fills up when it gets to 1000 people and you will not be able to get in unless people leave. It is best to sign in early. There is no password required. TODAY'S CLASS IS ON GOTOWEBINAR.

Last week SUNDAY'S class was on Stickam, which you could get to by clicking on the CyberArtLearning link in Johannes's email. You did NOT need a password to get in, but IF YOU WANT TO CHAT, you DO need to go to Stickam.com and register with a username and password.

Some people had trouble getting to see the video on Stickam, but most did not. The best thing is to try again, refresh your browser. The screen shows up black for a bit, then there's a commercial, then finally Johannes painting. In order to HEAR Johannes, you had to make sure that Mute was off (for many people, the default was "Muted") and you need to make sure the sound slider was all the way to the right.

COULD YOU SEE THE CHAT WHEN YOU TRIED TO GET IN? That would indicate you were at the right place. COULD YOU SEE A SCREEN AT ALL? BLACK? STOPPED? You need to refresh your browser. COULD YOU HEAR JOHANNES? If not, make sure it's unmuted and the slider is to the right.

To troubleshoot further, you need to say more about where you were and what you saw.

pixieartist
04-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi, I also had troubles last week.:( No audio:crying: . I kept clicking the muted and unmuted thing with no luck, and the slider part would not move what-so-ever. I was very disappointed to miss basically everything, because without sound, what do you have??? :rolleyes: And then I think, how to the deaf do it??? :eek: ( I have a deaf cousin who has been able to learn to speak, so we just had to learn to speak slowly to her. She was hired by a large drug store and has been there for many years....she thinks it helps her with her speech, and I agree...) Anyway, not sure what the deaf would do in this case. Hopefully everything will work out ok for tomorrow.:crossfingers: Thinking of getting into the stickam now to sign up for chat...at least if I had a problem, someone there could help me get it ironed out!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
The class today was very good.:)..very informative!!! :) I was writing down as much as I could, although I know I missed some info. JOHANNES would you be putting you Do's and Don'ts as handouts for us???? Thanks again for having such a great class :wave: Kyna aka Pixieartist :cat:

Art Leat
04-02-2011, 10:58 PM
The video on Saturday (April 2). delivered through "Gotomeeting". was perfect; unbroken vision and sound, a great relief after my experience with "Stickam" last week when I got almost nothing.

BumpaBob
04-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Hi, I also had troubles last week.:( No audio:crying: . I kept clicking the muted and unmuted thing with no luck, and the slider part would not move what-so-ever. :
Hi pixieartist:
On the Gotomeeting screen I don't think we can adjust the volume or work the mute button in the box, only by our own computer's adjustments. Is it possible that your pc volume was turned down? If you use Windows you have about a dozen places you can mess with sound output. Check the speaker in the tray, bottom left; or go into Settings and adjust there. It's easier with a Mac on OSX, as the slider bar is under the Speaker in the upper right bar. Good luck! bob.c

Rosemarie
04-03-2011, 01:40 AM
Hi!
You can test the quality and download time of your internet connection. Last week i new I suffered some loss and did get some short freezes during the demo. It was expected and I could live with it. Usually it is an image loss but not a sound loss for some reason.

I had that day tested my ISP connection not just to servers inSweden, where I live, but to several online testing sites and locations in America. Some providers where really bad and I just wished the data wouldn't pass their servers.

There is a Global Quality test that seems very OK. You can test toward server around the world. Also do the ping test. here you have the urls

http://pingtest.net/

http://www.speedtest.net/

I wonder where Stickam is located???

mij
04-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Hi!
You can test the quality and download time of your internet connection.
<sipped>
There is a Global Quality test that seems very OK. You can test toward server around the world. Also do the ping test. here you have the urls

http://pingtest.net/
Thanks for that link, it was new to me.
This location, ISP and computer had no problems connecting to stateside from the UK.
It failed initially last week because it was over-suscribed on go-to-meeting but got it via JV's posting to WC.
cheers
jim

phishnet1
04-03-2011, 09:33 PM
I was extremely disappointed today to miss all of the instruction. I was logged in - saw clock, some winter tree pics and beautiful sunset photos; had audio. Then Johannes said he was closing the webinar and would be back in, I thought he said, 15 minutes. I waited for 30 minutes - nothing -
then signed in again, got a "Go to Meeting" message that said "Successfully Connected! waiting for moderator." I waited for 1 1/2 hours; never was reconnected. Can anyone tell me what happened?
phishnet1
socal

sherrysherman
04-03-2011, 09:41 PM
I was extremely disappointed today to miss all of the instruction. I was logged in - saw clock, some winter tree pics and beautiful sunset photos; had audio. Then Johannes said he was closing the webinar and would be back in, I thought he said, 15 minutes. I waited for 30 minutes - nothing -
then signed in again, got a "Go to Meeting" message that said "Successfully Connected! waiting for moderator." I waited for 1 1/2 hours; never was reconnected. Can anyone tell me what happened?
phishnet1
socal
Demos are not on GoToWebinar. He opened GoToWebinar for only one reason: to give you instructions about how to log in to the Stickam.com video. You needed to stay on the Stickam video site, the one showing the clock. It closed briefly but then you needed to sign back in to THAT site, NOT to GoToWebinar. You could get there by clicking on the cyberartlearning link that he sent out in his email. That's what you needed to do and where you needed to go.

It's important to understand the difference between GoToWebinar, which he uses for lectures, and the streaming video sites, which he uses for demos. He can't show demos on GoToWebinar. Sorry you missed the demo. :( He's doing another next weekend, probably watercolor.

Art Leat
04-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Deb, in this thread, seems to have identified the problem I had with the Sunday April 4 webinar and the one on week 8: download speed.

I joined this time by clicking the the email link, as directed, logged out several times when nothing seemed to be working, came back in via Cyberartlearning.com. At no time could I get streaming video. I could hear Johannes voice and sometimes the scrubbing of his brush, but all I saw was a still picture, first of Johannes' hand holding a brush poised over a blank canvas. This image changed from time to time, but was always way behind Johannes' narrative and so of little real use.

I see where Deb is coming from when she attributes this type of problem to download speed, but the question I must ask is: why, in my experience, does the problem occur only where "Stickam" is involved? Neither of the "Stickam" videos I've tried to watch have worked for me, while all the others have come through fine. both in sound and vision.

I wonder if my being in the UK has something to do with it.

From the streaming chat.which I was able to see, it seemed like people were leaving the class in droves, suggesting that a lot of them were sharing my experience.

This is made all the more annoying when one reads the exhuberant comments from people who were successful in getting the "Stickam" videos and had a great time watching Johannes.

Please, for us less fortunate disciples, no more "Stickam"!

Johannes Instructor
04-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Deb, in this thread, seems to have identified the problem I had with the Sunday April 4 webinar and the one on week 8: download speed.

I joined this time by clicking the the email link, as directed, logged out several times when nothing seemed to be working, came back in via Cyberartlearning.com. At no time could I get streaming video. I could hear Johannes voice and sometimes the scrubbing of his brush, but all I saw was a still picture, first of Johannes' hand holding a brush poised over a blank canvas. This image changed from time to time, but was always way behind Johannes' narrative and so of little real use.

I see where Deb is coming from when she attributes this type of problem to download speed, but the question I must ask is: why, in my experience, does the problem occur only where "Stickam" is involved? Neither of the "Stickam" videos I've tried to watch have worked for me, while all the others have come through fine. both in sound and vision.

I wonder if my being in the UK has something to do with it.

From the streaming chat.which I was able to see, it seemed like people were leaving the class in droves, suggesting that a lot of them were sharing my experience.

This is made all the more annoying when one reads the exhuberant comments from people who were successful in getting the "Stickam" videos and had a great time watching Johannes.

Please, for us less fortunate disciples, no more "Stickam"! Well I propose that if you allow me I use remote control program enter your computer to see for myself why you are having these problems. Run this at speedtest.net and tell me your download speed. Also make sure you download the latest version of adobe flash media player.

Art Leat
04-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Hi Johannes,

The results of a speed test carried out at 5.00 GMT (about midnight your time } were:

Ping: 92.04
Download Speed: 1.83 Mbps
Upload Speed: 0.61 Mbps

These figures are bad, aren't they, so I guess there is not much I or you can do to get your demos via the "Stickham" route. But I still can't figure out why the videos that didn't come by "Stickham" transmitted perfectly.

The sad thing is that the videos, judging by the comments from attendees who were able to get them, were your best yet.

Ho hum,

Kind regards,

Art Leat

Johannes Instructor
04-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Hi Johannes,

The results of a speed test carried out at 5.00 GMT (about midnight your time } were:

These figures are bad, aren't they, so I guess there is not much I or you can do to get your demos via the "Stickham" route. But I still can't figure out why the videos that didn't come by "Stickham" transmitted perfectly.

The sad thing is that the videos, judging by the comments from attendees who were able to get them, were your best yet.

Ho hum,

Kind regards,

Art Leat

Did you get the sunset background?

Rosemarie
04-04-2011, 01:17 AM
Hi Johannes,

Ho hum,

Kind regards,

Art Leat

Your download speed is s a little better than mine if you have check against a server in L.A. where Stickam is situated. If it is against a server in UK it is just a little worse tha what I have in Sweden.

I checked the speed several times against a server in L.A. and once I got download time 0,86 Mbps!!! I am glad it wasn't that bad during the class.

Not only you have to get the signals from US but as the signals also is passing multiple servers to reach you so there is always a risk that you loose speed.

Have a good day!

Obion
04-04-2011, 01:44 AM
I live in NZ and 'Stickam' worked very well and is very clear…

marionh
04-04-2011, 02:18 AM
I had problems where the video kept freezing, I had to keep refreshing so it was like watching a very slow slide show. For the last hour (after 10:30 my time) I had good video - maybe most of France went to bed?

Sound was perfect.

I shall try the test, I am not on satellite.

Great tip about using a canvas and wiping it off for practice. Obvious really but only when someone points it out LOL

Art Leat
04-04-2011, 08:31 AM
I've discovered, after running a speedtest on Johannes' suggestion, that my download speed is very low. which would account for my problems.

Now I'm hoping that one of the tech wizards out there can suggest something that would get me up to speed

Colorix
04-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Research has shown that up to between 10 to 20 % of all emails never reach their recipients.

If they are sent as bulk, then servers on the way may just bin them, regarding them as spam.

sherrysherman
04-04-2011, 10:19 AM
For those having trouble with the demos -- I have heard it suggested that you make sure you have the latest version of Flash Player installed on your computer. I don't know if it will help anyone, but you never know.

On this page -- http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ -- you can see what version is running on your computer. That page also lists the latest versions available from Adobe for each operating system. If you are not running the latest version, that page has a link to the Adobe Download Center where you can get it.

Maybe that'll help someone. It's tough to think about missing them, especially now that he is doing so many.

Amandine
04-04-2011, 12:46 PM
I wanted to let you know that I went into private chat with a few of the people in the Stickham session who were commenting that they were not able to see the streaming video properly. One thing several had in common was Satellite connection. I know from experience that it may be faster than dial up, but it doesn’t hold a candle to DSL or Cable in most cases.

I'm one of those with satellite internet connection - the only connection available where I live, mountains in Eastern Townships - and I confirm that it's not good at all when it comes to live videos. It has nothing to do with video coming through Stickham, Justin tv, you tube ... name it. The longest time I ever could watch a video without interuption has been 8 minutes (probably everybody around was sleeping :lol: ) ; usually it's 3-4 minutes. The only way I can watch a video uninterrupted is by first downloading it to my computer and then, everything goes smooth :thumbsup: .
I don't want to «turn the knife in the wound» but I guess everybody will understand what we are all waiting for ; recordings of the lessons ...

Forgot to mention Robert's class notes : couldn't live without them. Thank you so much :wave:

Davkin
04-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Just a note to those that may have had difficulty with Stickam again, I apparently have finally found the problem and "cure" at least for my situation. I was only able to watch for a few minutes last week then the video went away and I couldn't get it back. This week I installed the latest Flash update, I'm not sure if that had any effect but it's probably a good thing to do. I also did the things that Jo suggested in his email. A few minutes into video it disappeared again. This time I did a hard reboot as suggested in the email and discovered that Gotomeeting had never properly shut down and I had to close it manually before my computer would shut down and reboot. After that I was able to get in and had video again. Then a few minutes later IE just crashed on me. I was able to get right back in and had video, this time I did not log into chat and never had a problem again.

So, my suggestion to those that have problems with Stickam is to go straight to the video demo link and forget Gotomeeting, at least on my machine it seems GTM and Stickam don't play nice together. You also might want to not log into chat.

David

flower child
04-09-2011, 05:00 PM
After 6 years of art instructions I have learned more in the last two classes than in those 6 years. You are awesome!:clap: Could not get into class today. Link would not respond:crying:. Any suggestions:confused:

mij
04-09-2011, 08:01 PM
I've had a problem trying to get the videos. It's obviously me (my system) as others seem to be downloading fine.

1) It wants a shipping address (for downloading online?) and when input it said it was invalid.
2) It only offers a credit card facility (I do not use a credit card) my debit card was invalid.
3) It didn't recognize my WC pseudonym or password (invalid)
4) There was no offer to download but only to ship the dvd's

Where am I going wrong?
Cheers
jim

sherrysherman
04-09-2011, 08:16 PM
I've had a problem trying to get the videos. It's obviously me (my system) as others seem to be downloading fine.

1) It wants a shipping address (for downloading online?) and when input it said it was invalid.
2) It only offers a credit card facility (I do not use a credit card) my debit card was invalid.

Where am I going wrong?
Cheers
jim
Sorry, Jim, my mood's a little flaky, but.... LOL!

I haven't tried it yet, but if I got the same "results," I think I'd be either scratching my head or throwing my computer against the wall, probably depending on my blood-sugar level.

I especially love your "cheers" closing. :lol:

Johannes Instructor
04-09-2011, 08:38 PM

Where am I going wrong?
Cheers
jim

Are you sure my web class videos are being offered to ship DVD's? Where is that? As far as I know it is only downloadable.

Rosemarie
04-10-2011, 01:51 AM

Where am I going wrong?
Cheers
jim

Jim,
1) yes you still have to supply your address even though it it only downloadable media. They are using the same customer information page as when you buy a book or something
2) I didn't have any problem with my VISA, which isn't a credit card.
3) Why should they recognise the WetCanvas id or password. You have to register on North Lights site to login. Different site don't hand over users id or passwords.
4) For the WCLive videos there are only downloadables.

mij
04-10-2011, 06:03 AM
Jim,
1) yes you still have to supply your address even though it it only downloadable media. They are using the same customer information page as when you buy a book or something
2) I didn't have any problem with my VISA, which isn't a credit card.
3) Why should they recognise the WetCanvas id or password. You have to register on North Lights site to login. Different site don't hand over users id or passwords.
4) For the WCLive videos there are only downloadables.

Ok, I'll try again today. Well it was late last night - perhaps the site was a bit tired after all that activity ..... :thumbsup:
cheers
jim (off to have another go - after registering with North Lights Books)

mij
04-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Ok, I'll try again today. Well it was late last night - perhaps the site was a bit tired after all that activity ..... :thumbsup:
cheers
jim (off to have another go - after registering with North Lights Books)

Aaaagh it's me!

Ok I managed to get to the 'submit order' status and found my country (UK) has been changed (I swear I clicked correctly) to the one below the UK, Uraguay ...

Ok I back track and corrected that only to find I've been given a new download ID. Oh dear does this mean double billing?
Alter this download from 'all' to just the first and second lesson to minimise the error only to find that 'your favourite dvd player' does not include 'QuickTime' on this computer.

Revert to google to find and download that and then I'm out of 'download' again......

Arghh.......
cheers
jim

Rosemarie
04-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Alter this download from 'all' to just the first and second lesson to minimise the error only to find that 'your favourite dvd player' does not include 'QuickTime' on this computer.

Revert to google to find and download that and then I'm out of 'download' again......

Arghh.......
cheers
jim[/QUOTE]

You are getting there. The QuickTime player you get from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ Make sure you get the one for Windows. I presume you have a PC otherwise you've had QuickTime already!

Johannes Instructor
04-10-2011, 09:08 AM
After 6 years of art instructions I have learned more in the last two classes than in those 6 years. You are awesome!:clap: Could not get into class today. Link would not respond:crying:. Any suggestions:confused:
It was probably full. There are 3800 students signed up for the classes but the program only allows 1000. Remember I open at 2 so those who are really interested will get in. If you come in late chances are you will get bounced.

sherrysherman
04-10-2011, 10:06 AM
It was probably full. There are 3800 students signed up for the classes but the program only allows 1000. Remember I open at 2 so those who are really interested will get in. If you come in late chances are you will get bounced.
It didn't fill until almost 2:30 Eastern Time. If you tried before then and it didn't respond, I would try restarting your computer. About a month ago I was having a problem with GoToWebinar - it would APPEAR to load the app, but never took me to the actual webinar. Once I restarted the computer and clicked the link to go to the webinar, it worked.

MRSBB
04-10-2011, 06:59 PM
I got into the Webinar, but when you switched to the Improve my Art to demo your w/c painting, it would not accept my E-mail or the password you provided for us to use. Said it was invalid. I am registered, but even at Webinar it says I am only there in listen only mode. Quite frustrating.........Lenore

sherrysherman
04-10-2011, 07:16 PM
I got into the Webinar, but when you switched to the Improve my Art to demo your w/c painting, it would not accept my E-mail or the password you provided for us to use. Said it was invalid. I am registered, but even at Webinar it says I am only there in listen only mode. Quite frustrating.........Lenore
Two answers:
1. At GoToWebinar, everyone is in listen only mode. In other words, none of us can speak unless Johannes unmutes us, which he pretty much doesn't do. (Can you imagine, 1000 people, all trying to talk at once? Or even trying to be quiet at once... cacophany.)

2. When you click on the Improvemypainting link, that takes you to the site that is broadcasting his webcam video. You should be able to watch without needing to input anything, email or password. The only reason you would have to input your email and password would be if you wanted to chat, in other words, be engaged in typing all the silly and serious stuff a bunch of other students are doing. If you want to chat during the demo, you need to register FIRST at stickam.com. When you register, you will enter information about yourself, CHOOSE a username and CHOOSE your own password. Once you have that, you can chat. But again, you do not need to register in order to watch.

If you want to chat next time, go ahead and register.

Hope that helps clarify.

mij
04-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Ok have now managed to download the first couple but how do I replay them? Where do I find them on my hard drive?
I have tried the 'search' facility along with todays date (date of file etc) but it cannot find any of these. I have also looked in the 'download' folder but here is nowt in there.
cheers
jim

Johannes Instructor
04-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Ok have now managed to download the first couple but how do I replay them? Where do I find them on my hard drive?
I have tried the 'search' facility along with todays date (date of file etc) but it cannot find any of these. I have also looked in the 'download' folder but here is nowt in there.
cheers
jim
Pretend you will download them again and look at what folder they are going into.

Johannes Instructor
04-11-2011, 01:00 PM
I did not give you a password. That's your confusion. You had to create your own for the chat option. You did not need a password for the video.

mij
04-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Pretend you will download them again and look at what folder they are going into.

I did try that and it just starts saving without any indication to where. I tried right clicking first but with Vista it doesn't give any options or directions like XPpro used to.

It was said that they are .mp4's and if I do a search on that all manner of things comes up but not these. I tried searching by date (todays) and that turned up none of these.

It is so easy to exhaust all my avenues with this thing. I'll just get to grips with this OS and it will be 'all change' again.....

Anyone know what folder on drive C these are hidden in? I am assuming they have downloaded to my hard disk, they did start playing immediatly after the cog stopped turning ..... I'd like to save these to a DVD because I may have to clean off my hard disk when the next virus strikes.
cheers
jim

carol_lee
04-11-2011, 02:07 PM
try searching using options for photos videos and use .mp4 in the file name option.... then limit it to last few days..... that should find them... maybe in you documents folder called downloads....

Johannes Instructor
04-11-2011, 02:32 PM
I did try that and it just starts saving without any indication to where. I tried right clicking first but with Vista it doesn't give any options or directions like XPpro used to.

It was said that they are .mp4's and if I do a search on that all manner of things comes up but not these. I tried searching by date (todays) and that turned up none of these.

It is so easy to exhaust all my avenues with this thing. I'll just get to grips with this OS and it will be 'all change' again.....

Anyone know what folder on drive C these are hidden in? I am assuming they have downloaded to my hard disk, they did start playing immediatly after the cog stopped turning ..... I'd like to save these to a DVD because I may have to clean off my hard disk when the next virus strikes.
cheers
jim
Not necessarily. They may have played from the browser without downloading.

mij
04-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Not necessarily. They may have played from the browser without downloading.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Also the indicator on the site says that the download limit ends 'never'. Perhaps we are meant to download it each time we want to view it? Perhaps we are not able to save it to disk/dvd. That's ok as long as the company doesn't go bust. Has anyone else done different?
I have been unable to get past lesson nine. Lessons 10 and 11 put up a question mark and stop the download, on 10 after about 15 minutes and on lesson 11 after 35 minutes - or thereabouts.
cheers
jim

Rosemarie
04-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi!
I have downloaded the videos to a folder I specified. I haven't bought lesson past #8 though.

Johannes Instructor
04-11-2011, 05:12 PM
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Also the indicator on the site says that the download limit ends 'never'. Perhaps we are meant to download it each time we want to view it? Perhaps we are not able to save it to disk/dvd. That's ok as long as the company doesn't go bust. Has anyone else done different?
I have been unable to get past lesson nine. Lessons 10 and 11 put up a question mark and stop the download, on 10 after about 15 minutes and on lesson 11 after 35 minutes - or thereabouts.
cheers
jim
Download is download. The idea is for you to store these on your local hard drive or DVD's. You can't count on F&W Media always having these up.

mij
04-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi!
I have downloaded the videos to a folder I specified. I haven't bought lesson past #8 though.

How did you do that?
What is your operating system?
I'm using Vista home
Mozilla firefox browser
Plenty of memory and HD available.
Ummmm if you put any instruction here can you give us a stepped version?
Pretty please?
thanks
jim

carol_lee
04-11-2011, 11:30 PM
In firefox ctrl+j should take you to the download folder....
tools>downloads
to choose a special folder . tools>options>general
see attachment...http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Apr-2011/58142-options.jpg
You can assign a special folder of your choice/or save each where YOU want... my choice :thumbsup:

mij
04-12-2011, 01:48 AM
In firefox ctrl+j should take you to the download folder....
tools>downloads
to choose a special folder . tools>options>general
see attachment...http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Apr-2011/58142-options.jpg
You can assign a special folder of your choice/or save each where YOU want... my choice :thumbsup:

Thank you very much! Just what was needed here.
Off to try that.
Cheers
jim

Rosemarie
04-12-2011, 02:03 AM
Thanks Carol! I couldn't describe how to do it on PC, I use Mac except for work. I did know that you can choose on a PC as well on a Mac.

mij
04-12-2011, 03:18 AM
Thank you very much! Just what was needed here.
Off to try that.
Cheers
jim

Well tried that and it did not work.
I looked at my present setting and that was set to 'desktop' where all my other stuff gets downloaded to. Changed it to a new folder in 'download' and renewed 'Int Exp' and it downloaded that to the new folder fine.... Tried to download JV's video 1 and the same as before.... NO saving/storing of the video and NO playback facility. The video went into 'play' mode on completion of 'downloading'.

Something over-rides my browser's instructions - how do they do that?
I've looked in Int Exp under 'tools' 'internet options' and it doesn't have similar instructions where to download files.
What a steep learning curve this is!
Almost time to ask for my money back.
jim

sundiver
04-12-2011, 05:48 AM
Try contacting the company (F&W) about it.

Rosemarie
04-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Jim, can't you right click when you want to download and then get an question where to store the download?

carol_lee
04-12-2011, 07:16 AM
Are you downloading from Firefox or Int Explorer... each is different...
to change default folder in internet explorer here is a link
http://www.fanhow.com/knowhow:Change_Download_Directory_in_Internet_Explorer_43195814

From IE HELP
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Apr-2011/58142-IE-downloads.jpg

Johannes Instructor
04-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Well tried that and it did not work.
I looked at my present setting and that was set to 'desktop' where all my other stuff gets downloaded to. Changed it to a new folder in 'download' and renewed 'Int Exp' and it downloaded that to the new folder fine.... Tried to download JV's video 1 and the same as before.... NO saving/storing of the video and NO playback facility. The video went into 'play' mode on completion of 'downloading'.

Something over-rides my browser's instructions - how do they do that?
I've looked in Int Exp under 'tools' 'internet options' and it doesn't have similar instructions where to download files.
What a steep learning curve this is!
Almost time to ask for my money back.
jimI have an idea. Why don't I open the webinar program where you can see me use my computer and you watch me do it while you follow me on your computer. Just tell me what time we can meet on the go to webinar program

mij
04-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Is it only one file?

It's only your videos, when I 'search' for mp4's I find several from other sources that have been downloaded previously. None of your's from F&W unfortunately.
cheers
jim

mij
04-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Are you downloading from Firefox or Int Explorer... each is different...

Replied via PM but I was trying firefox. (For others who may be experiencing similar difficulties) The removal and re-download of IntExp was just to prove that firefox was following the instructions to download to a nominated folder. It did that quite correctly.

When I tried again with Johannes videos (again with firefox) it did not follow instructions and did not save them to the nominated folder. It played them again on completion of downloading. I assume from that there maybe something that is over-riding my local browser instruction.

Is it F&W's software? Is it somewhere else on this computer?
I'm stymied!
Anyone got any suggestions?
Cheers
jim

mij
04-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Jim, can't you right click when you want to download and then get an question where to store the download?

If I right click I get options like 'remember this link location' etc nothing about where to save it like I used to with XPpro.
cheers
jim

Johannes Instructor
04-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Replied via PM but I was trying firefox. (For others who may be experiencing similar difficulties) The removal and re-download of IntExp was just to prove that firefox was following the instructions to download to a nominated folder. It did that quite correctly.

When I tried again with Johannes videos (again with firefox) it did not follow instructions and did not save them to the nominated folder. It played them again on completion of downloading. I assume from that there maybe something that is over-riding my local browser instruction.

Is it F&W's software? Is it somewhere else on this computer?
I'm stymied!
Anyone got any suggestions?
Cheers
jim
firefox is tricky. Download with Internet Explorer it will force you to choose where to put it. If you can right click and select "save target as", all the better.

mij
04-12-2011, 08:12 AM
I have an idea. Why don't I open the webinar program where you can see me use my computer and you watch me do it while you follow me on your computer. Just tell me what time we can meet on the go to webinar program
I have only just seen this post - thanks for that offer Johannes and apart from answering the door to an expected delivery I am here all day ... any time you nominate. I have a headset here somewhere if needed.
cheers
jim
PS How about 45/46 minutes time - that's 2:00pm here and if you're five hours behind then about 9.00am there?

Johannes Instructor
04-12-2011, 08:21 AM
I have only just seen this post - thanks for that offer Johannes and apart from answering the door to an expected delivery I am here all day ... any time you nominate. I have a headset here somewhere if needed.
cheers
jim
PS How about 45/46 minutes time - that's 2:00pm here and if you're five hours behind then about 9.00am there?
I'm ready now. Go to the webinar classroom

mij
04-12-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm ready now. Go to the webinar classroom

I think I am there but I can't see or hear anything.
jim

Johannes Instructor
04-12-2011, 08:43 AM
I think I am there but I can't see or hear anything.
jim No you are not in yet. Just enter the webclass like you do every Saturday

Click on this
http://JoinWebinar.com
then type in your email in the op slot and in the bottom slot this number 616-569-648

mij
04-12-2011, 08:51 AM
No you are not in yet. Just enter the webclass like you do every Saturday

Click on this
http://JoinWebinar.com
then type in 616-569-648

Hmmm I typed that in and it brought me back to this page
jim

Johannes Instructor
04-12-2011, 08:54 AM
jim
do it in another browser then

mij
04-12-2011, 08:54 AM
jim
Just tried again and it did the same
jim

mij
04-12-2011, 08:57 AM
jim

Ok just tried with Int Exp (was on firefox) and it did the same thing, brought me back to this page.
jim

Johannes Instructor
04-12-2011, 08:58 AM
jim
give me your email

carol_lee
04-12-2011, 09:24 AM
and if you say --yes-- what happens!!!!

mij
04-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the online/phone help there Johannes. Gosh you have the patience of a saint! I have just finished downloading all the videos and they are of cracking quality in picture and sound.
I still didn't get what you did to Int Ex to right click and redirect the route (the one Carol_lee mentioned) but it worked even if firefox didn't.
They are all safely tucked in the JV video folder!
That was a freshly downloaded IntEx and firefox so both were the latest versions.
Cheers from a very happy bunny.
jim

carol_lee
04-12-2011, 09:59 PM
:clap: Happy all is well!!! Computers CAN be very frustrating!!!
and don't forget to make yourself a backup DVD!!!:lol:

mij
04-13-2011, 03:30 AM
:clap: Happy all is well!!! Computers CAN be very frustrating!!!
and don't forget to make yourself a backup DVD!!!:lol:

Thanks again Carol_lee and hopefully will be able to make the back-ups onto DVD today. Oh no-not another learning curve .......:lol:
cheers
jim

carol_lee
04-14-2011, 05:30 AM
Oh no-not another learning curve ....... We are always learning...:lol:

mij
04-14-2011, 07:13 AM
We are always learning...:lol:

All now safely on DVD's. The last two had to go on another one as there wasn't enough room. They will not play in my big tele downstairs nor this 22" that I bought specially for this purpose - rather disappointing that as I got it hoping to watch art DVD's on it (it has a DVD slot in the side).

I'll have to play catch up with DVD burning to make the DVD's most likely to play on other equipment. Alternatively I could borrow a 7 year old who could tell me what lead I'd need and which connections to use to plug the tv screen into the computer :lol:
cheers
jim

Johannes Instructor
04-14-2011, 08:57 AM
All now safely on DVD's. The last two had to go on another one as there wasn't enough room. They will not play in my big tele downstairs nor this 22" that I bought specially for this purpose - rather disappointing that as I got it hoping to watch art DVD's on it (it has a DVD slot in the side).

I'll have to play catch up with DVD burning to make the DVD's most likely to play on other equipment. Alternatively I could borrow a 7 year old who could tell me what lead I'd need and which connections to use to plug the tv screen into the computer :lol:
cheers
jim
Check to see if your DVD player is MP4 compatible. It is not the TV

mij
04-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Check to see if your DVD player is MP4 compatible. It is not the TV

Ok, I will check with the manuals in the morning Johannes, although this one next to my computer has the player built in. I'll have to see what leads it needs to connect to the computer. The computer plays them fine.
cheers
jim

Sandra39
06-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Hi Johannes;
I've just downloaded the first file of No. 11 and 12 after purchased them. Could not run or save it to my desktop. Microsoft shows up saying Can not support this file. So now I don't know what to do. How and who can I get in touch with. I saw that the file said it is MP4. Where can I get the appropriate program to download in order to run your downloaded class.
Could you or your technical person give me some advice?
Thanks,
Sandi C.

nougat
06-29-2011, 12:49 AM
hi sandra. the downloads are available as mp4s or for windows player.
and you can go back and download them again once you've bought them.
however if you use a different player they will work. i use VLC player - it is easy and excellent. johannes ofen recommends using REAL PLAYER. these are both free players - just google them. good luck!

Sandra39
06-29-2011, 05:04 AM
Thanks so much,Nougat. You guys are so nice at helping each other out. There is no distance or division in this world. That's why I love the arts world.

Thank you..thank you,

Sandi C.

domeland
06-29-2011, 10:44 AM
You can now watch the Lesson 4 watercolor painting demo I did on the student access page. The PDF file is there as well. The power point presentation from Kenny should be up pretty soon as well.
I went to the access page to view the power point presentation done by Kenny and it said this media is no longer available. Lesson 4 is available but not any of the other lessons 1,2,and 3. It also states they are no longer available. Anyone else having a problem with this? They were working fine a day or so ago.

painterted
06-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Yes I'm having the same problem.

ted

Psalm341
06-29-2011, 11:08 AM
I was able to sit on the first lesson but missed the next 3. I have downloaded the PDF files, but when I try to watch the actual recorded lesson it says, "media no longer available". Any advice?

Psalm341
06-29-2011, 11:15 AM
I went to the access page to view the power point presentation done by Kenny and it said this media is no longer available. Lesson 4 is available but not any of the other lessons 1,2,and 3. It also states they are no longer available. Anyone else having a problem with this? They were working fine a day or so ago.

Yes...I am having the same problem. I asked about it in another thread.

nougat
06-29-2011, 11:52 AM
sigh i so wish we could download them and have done with all this....

nougat
06-29-2011, 11:55 AM
sandi - you are welcome - i'm glad i could help. hope you managed to get them to play.

you're right there are so many lovely helpful people on wet canvas!

Improv
06-29-2011, 12:35 PM
sigh i so wish we could download them and have done with all this....

One more vote here for making the videos available as downloads.

The previous 'Landscapes from Photos' 3 month course are available as downloads, why not the Buildings course. I know F+W is responsible for this, but they don't seem to realize the convenience of downloads for the customers. Also, having the videos streaming only adds considerable cost to F+W's bandwidth every time someone views a video. (Which is likely to happen over, and over, and over).

I hope F+W reads this thread. If not, does someone have the correct email address at F+W to write to and complain?

Cheers

Doug

oCDs01-711
06-29-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm also irritated with this streaming because I can't get lesson 4 to play. I missed the class and went about entering the same way I always did. The site just now said "Media No Longer Available." Right now I have the time to watch it and I can't! Why not? I wonder what is going on? I want downloads.

mlgk
06-29-2011, 02:45 PM
I am having the same trouble. Media no longer available. I also bought one of the landscape lessons but can't open some of the files. It is very frustrating.

diena
06-29-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm also having trouble with both the lesson 4 parts. The watercolor painting worked fine yesterday but not today. Reports that it is no longer available.

oCDs01-711
06-29-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't like to sit around with a problem, so I went directly to northlightshop.com and spoke with a rep. She said no one had reported a problem! I explained the problem and she sent an email right there on the spot to whoever??? and flagged it a high priority. She said that when she had a response she would email me. Well, we'll see?! :thumbsup: Hopefully, it will be cleared up this afternoon!

oCDs01-711
06-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Hi guys,
I just got a phone call from F&W. Sounded like Judy although I didn't ask. She said that they were looking into it at the moment. Now that's service! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Psalm341
06-29-2011, 03:10 PM
I don't like to sit around with a problem, so I went directly to northlightshop.com and spoke with a rep. She said no one had reported a problem! I explained the problem and she sent an email right there on the spot to whoever??? and flagged it a high priority. She said that when she had a response she would email me. Well, we'll see?! :thumbsup: Hopefully, it will be cleared up this afternoon!

I like the way you do things! Go straight to the top! Thanks!

Noula
06-29-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm also having problems......Is eveyrone else OK? I thought the broblem was on my side of the connection.

Athena

oCDs01-711
06-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Just got another phone call from a different person.:clap: Seems like the problem wasn't showing itself on her screen so she was calling me to verify the problem with me. While we were talking, the problem presented itself to her and she saw the "This Media Is No Longer Available."

Told her it wasn't just me, others on WC also were talking about it! So it's being re-routed to the correct person on the other end who puts it up for them??? Not sure about this, but they're paying attention! :thumbsup:

sallspaw
06-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Hey guys...I am the "different person" referred to above :)

I am seeing the problem and trying to solve it in our player system. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, but I'm working with tech support to get this resolved ASAP!

I'll come post here once they are up and running again.

Improv
06-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Hey guys...I am the "different person" referred to above :)

I am seeing the problem and trying to solve it in our player system. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, but I'm working with tech support to get this resolved ASAP!

I'll come post here once they are up and running again.

Thanks for that.

Is there any reason why the videos are not available as downloads like the previous ones for Johannes's 3 month course "Paint Landscapes from Photos"? (See my post #321 above regarding the value of downloadable videos.)

Thanks.

sallspaw
06-29-2011, 04:30 PM
We are going to sell them as downloads...but that takes more processing and they won't be available for a few more weeks. They are only available as a stream for those who purchased the live classes because the cost of the class was so inexpensive. It costs more to make them available for download versus stream. Does that make sense?

Johannes Instructor
06-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi Johannes;
I've just downloaded the first file of No. 11 and 12 after purchased them. Could not run or save it to my desktop. Microsoft shows up saying Can not support this file. So now I don't know what to do. How and who can I get in touch with. I saw that the file said it is MP4. Where can I get the appropriate program to download in order to run your downloaded class.
Could you or your technical person give me some advice?
Thanks,
Sandi C.
Download the WMV file. Also download the latest realplayer.com software. It is free.

Johannes Instructor
06-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Sarah who is working on this is very efficient. I get instant results from her. Don't worry she will solve this for sure. We are giving these online classes a lot of importance because you are very important.

Johannes Instructor
06-29-2011, 05:02 PM
I was able to sit on the first lesson but missed the next 3. I have downloaded the PDF files, but when I try to watch the actual recorded lesson it says, "media no longer available". Any advice?
They are working on it. We are aware of this.

hewill4giveu
06-29-2011, 06:06 PM
We are going to sell them as downloads...but that takes more processing and they won't be available for a few more weeks. They are only available as a stream for those who purchased the live classes because the cost of the class was so inexpensive. It costs more to make them available for download versus stream. Does that make sense?

Sarah this is wonderful news thank you all so much for making a way for us to download the versions instead of just streaming. FANTASTIC!! your the best.