PDA

View Full Version : Some articles of mine

PatrickHedges
03-26-2011, 03:09 AM
Just some news on articles I've written recently.

1. Many of you would know of the pet portrait forum (http://www.pet-portraitartist.com/forum/index.php?sid=8c75bbd140ca27bc167a2f195b6a239b) run by Melanie Phillips and Nick Beall. They have another site which is more focussed on teaching art techniques and exposing people to different media and art history too. I have two articles hunting for reference material (http://www.pet-portraitartist.co.uk/2011/03/hunting-for-reference-material/) and scratchboard demo of a lion (http://www.pet-portraitartist.co.uk/2010/10/scratchboard-demo-of-a-lion-by-patrick-hedges/). She has also kindly allowed me to publicise the new scratchboard society on this site (which gets a lot of traffic) so I'll be doing that one day and says my lion demo gets lots of views so is keen for more people to write demos to add to that section. So if you are interested, please let me know.

2. I am going to be the featured artist in the Wildlife Art Society of Australasia's newsletter in an upcoming edition (May I think) and I will be getting the cover too which I'm very pleased with, so more scratchboard publicity. When it comes out, I'll try and see if they allow me to share an online pdf version. It'll be my third full article for them.

artofnature
03-26-2011, 03:14 AM
:clap:Patrick. Great news!!

annamelia
03-26-2011, 03:53 AM
Fabulous new Patrick, well done. :clap:

Not to take anything away from Patrick..............and blowing my own horn here, but since discovering scratchboard in early 2008 I have also done my bit in promoting scratchart here in Australia on two Australian painting lists I am on plus a Canadian list....where I have some followers :wink2: ....with no one ever having heard of this medium before, neither had I prior. So far having had 4 publications, one in the Aus. Artist's Palette and the others in the Aus. Fine Art & Decorative Painting magazine, my next should be out in the newsagents this coming week, plus two more after that. They can be seen at the link below. My "Running Free" a reference photo of Cathy's was one featured on the cover of the AFDP and another cover mentioning scratchboard by moi!

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/21427879

lorna12
03-26-2011, 06:24 AM
:clap::clap::clap: Look at you guys go...keep it up! That's awesome news! Congrats to both!

Harry Seymour
03-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Congratulations Patrick. Accolades well deserved and you are truly an ambassador for the art of scratchboard.

aaces
03-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Awesome for both of you.
Patrick...That was a good read. Someone suggested a book about your travels in the comment thread below the article....I agree....throw in a lot of your art to go along with your life/travel stories.
That would be a book I'd buy....and I don't buy a lot of books! :D

kenmacf
03-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Maybe the International Headquarters for ISSA should actually be down under. Way to go guys!
Ken

03ahmed
03-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Congrats and well done!!!:D

Rodman
03-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Patrick.....GREAT GREAT demo..... Really well done. who wouldn't want to " give it a go" after reading that.

Rodman
03-26-2011, 06:42 PM
I might be interested in doing both a white board...plein aire demo and a black board.... i'll be getting plenty of pointers from yours

Bertoni
03-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Patrick:
Congratulations!!:thumbsup:
Excellent article and demo!!!:clap:

PatrickHedges
03-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks guys, and well done to you Judy. In fact, it was Judy who got me in touch with the Fine Art mag which will be publishing of mine an article in the coming months.

Rod, your demo would go down a treat on that site!!!

Buggin3
03-27-2011, 11:50 PM
Great article, Patrick! You and Judy aren't wasting any time in getting the word out about scratchboard. Congrats to both of you!! :clap:

VENKAT
03-28-2011, 02:16 AM
Great news Patrick . Your are a true ambassador for this art . This form of art
badly needs people like you to propagate and promote awareness amongst
the public
Venkat

emilycolors
03-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Wow! Those were very entertaining reads! Congratulations on the articles!

Congrats to Judy too!

fire angel
03-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Congratulations!!!

Diana Lee
03-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Way to go guys!!!!
Patrick, if I had half your energy I wouldn't have to diet!

Diana