PDA

View Full Version : ~***DAILY WASH WEDNESDAY 23rd MARCH 2011***~

laudesan
03-23-2011, 12:00 AM
:wave:

All this mention of spring, my possums must think it is spring here too. I had much excitement on my patio last night. Who thought I could add babysitting a little possum to my babysitting duties.. :)

I was sitting at the patio table watching mother and baby eating..

So sweet, baby was crawling all over mothers back, then he went down into the dinner plate to nibble on some seeds.

Next thing I see another possum come strutting up the balcony railing from the bushes. He marched strait up to the mother and jumped on her back. I thought it was her other son, until she spat at him, and I saw his donger hanging out. :o :eek:

It was all on!!! Mother and male started to fight. Baby climbed on mother and fight ensued onto balcony railing. I was so scared for the baby. All three ended up on the walkway, fisty cuffs left right and centre. Mother bolted into the bushes, male chases after her. and baby is left on the walkway.
He climb back up on the balcony railing and walks down to the end closest to the bushes. He is mewing pitifully.. I heard mother mew back. Baby turns around and comes purposefully back to the seed plate. He hops inside and waits.
Poor little mite.

Mother is having a what for in the bushes, well you can guess what.:wink2: She comes strolling back to baby. Baby meets her on the railing again. Mother sits there for the longest time looking at me, then she winks!!

Baby climbs back on her back..
All is well again.. Phew!

ReggieS
03-23-2011, 12:13 AM
JJ,That is great!! Thnnks for sharing! It's amazing what you can see outside your door!

Reggie

CJMonty
03-23-2011, 12:53 AM
JJ, All these photos of the Brushtail Possums brings back lovely warm memories of all the possums that Monty and I have hand reared over the years. Unfortunately the hand rearing came to an end, when the other two ladies that also hand reared possums became somewhat possesive of the ones that came in. Even when they were snowed under they didn't share, except if the possum was so very young and they were failing to get them to feed, then they would pass them on. You see I had lots of tricks up my sleeve as far as rearing them and feeding went because Monty and I used the principals of care for preterm neonates. We succeeded rearing at least 3 that were thought not to survive, the smallest was an unfurred pinky weighing all of 80 grams, it was so immature the sex of it wasn't even obvious.

I absolutely LOVED hand rearing the possums, they are so cute and so intelligent and can be so very cheeky too believe it or not.

Will come back online a little later on.

Take Care.
Lots of Love Carolynn. :grouphug::grouphug::heart::heart::heart::):):clap::wave::thumbsup::heart::heart::heart::grouphug::grouphug:

nola276
03-23-2011, 01:16 AM
Hi JJ, Well now I guess we know a little bit more about the life cycle of the possum. Great photos and I think fairly typical female (come here, come here, come here, get away, get away, get away).

Hi Carolynn, I couldn't stand all the broken sleep caring for the baby possums, you have to be a special person to do that.

Soldiering on with my gouache. I decided to resurrect the first one even though I don't particularly like the background colour.

Hospital appt for DH today, just a heart checkup and I am sure that he will pass with flying colours. He has been really good since the last lot of stents were put in.

BBL,

monikadeo
03-23-2011, 01:57 AM
JJ that was interesting!

(((Geoff and Eileen))) Sorry to hear about your caravan Geoff, glad to know that both of you are Ok.

(((((Annie))))), I haven't popped in, in the wash since long, Hope the locks are all fit back and the house is secure again. I'm so glad that your cats were not hurt!

DH is still in Australia and plans to be back on the weekend. It's been more than a month now. So I'm glad the running-around-everywhere-alone phase will come to an end from next week :D

My last 2 weeks of work, I'm taking a break so that I can stay home with my daughter during the summer vacation - which is almost 2.5 months long.

Have a nice and creative day everyone!

-Monika.

doppler
03-23-2011, 02:43 AM
Cute possums JJ.

Carolyn to hand raise baby natives is such a lot of work. All kudos to you to be able to do it, and you would have done it well.

Nola, hope the check-up goes well and you are both free and clear to head North. You'll go through a stage with the gouache where you want to fling it. Kepp persisting ... something just "click" and then you're away. I've lost count of the gouache encased pieces of paper that are now landfill from the early days. If you're using watercolour paper you can wash it off and hang it out to dry and then re-use?

Hi Monika ... it must have been a long ?two months for you. Glad it coming to an end. PS 2.5months holiday ... now that's what I call a holiday!

Reggie :wave:

Sylvia ... of course your friend can use the insect piccy :thumbsup: If she wants a higher definition one I can email you one.

((((Darla)))) I DO hope you are feeling better or finding some way to feel better.... you know, light at the end of the tunnel. You're usually one of our bastions of cheer despite the hard times you have been through. Special hugs for you.

(((Geoff and Eileen))) Don't blame you having a bit of a down. (((())))

((Ona))

BBL :wave:

Yorky
03-23-2011, 03:45 AM
Good morning from a cloudless West Lancashire.

Cute photos JJ, I wondered whether to add a butt icon :lol:

A quiet day today, may have a trip into Southport for some fresh air.

I had a modicum of success on ancestry UK yesterday, still re-learning to use the site.

Hi Monika, it will be good to see your hubby again.

Doug

shipbroker
03-23-2011, 04:17 AM
Morning all....

JJ....As Dame Edna Everage says "hello possums!".....lovely pictures.

Cold moonlit night here...saw a couple of hours of it.....enough said.

Hope all goes well Nola.....(((___)))

Big empty space in my back garden.......never mind..........today,may get a few holes of golf at lunchtime as Eileen is having her twice yearly luncheon with her school friends,some of whom go back 60plus years.....

Back later

geoff

doppler
03-23-2011, 04:44 AM
Geoff .. big empty space will be re-filled :heart:

Dinner beckons .. I mentioned to Husband that we might have fish and chips tonight (frozen fish and "hand made" chips ... hopefully without parts of the hands) with whatever is left in the vegetable crisper (or wilter) in the fridge. Too dark and too lazy to go out and pick.

His reply ... a loving pat on the shoulder and " a womans place is the wrong" ... then he fled. :lol:

Ventured back a few minutes later ... "Do I have any clean shirts?"

"Yes dear ... but you'll have to iron them". That's usual.

Actually I have to feed the cats who are currently lying thinly and seemingly emaciated on the floor. They'll turn blue soon from all that breath holding :eek:

laudesan
03-23-2011, 04:45 AM
Cute photos JJ, I wondered whether to add a butt icon :lol:
:D :lol:

:grouphug: Geoff :grouphug:

Monika, where in Australia is he?

Nola I hope all goes well for DH. You must be getting excited now..

Carolynn, I bet you would have been an awesome "foster" mother..

:wave: Reggie and Annie :)

monikadeo
03-23-2011, 04:57 AM
JJ, he's in Melbourne.

Annie, ya it's been 5 weeks or so.

nola276
03-23-2011, 05:04 AM
Hi all, back from the Hospital and DH has been given the green light.:clap::clap: Another appointment in 6 months time.

Great to hear from you again Monika, glad you'll have your hubby home soon. You know the old saying, can't live with them, can't live without them:lol:.

Yes JJ, getting very 'cited now. Yoohooooo.

Annie, you too must have had a close encounter with a V-Slicer:lol:. I don't intend to give up on the gouache, just maybe to choose a different subject, but will venture forth with the sturts pea hair pulling starts. Actually, I couldn't wash off the colour on this gouache background. I used W & N Sky Blue and Spectrum Yellow and boy they stain. Have just finished watching a DVD by Stan Kaminski called 3 Colour Painting in Gouache. Really good and he uses the same limited palette that I like in Watercolours. Beautiful painting.

Geoff, I know how that empty hole in the backyard feels. When we had our caravan in to have a new awning fitted, I felt naked and really deprived. Sometimes I go into it and just sit. I get a lovely peaceful feeling. Anyway, soon you'll have to contend with the wonderful smell of a brand new caravan.:thumbsup:

laudesan
03-23-2011, 05:05 AM
Oh I would love to go to Melbourne!! It costs as much to go down there for a week as it does to fly to Canada. :eek:

ollieowl
03-23-2011, 05:13 AM
morning all
JJ: Cute possums
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.....me 2 bed gone

HAWLTAIN

doppler
03-23-2011, 05:16 AM
Oh I would love to go to Melbourne!! It costs as much to go down there for a week as it does to fly to Canada. :eek:

:rolleyes: I'm off there (Melbourne) early next month. Even with hire car cost I can't quite see that equation. Depends on the no. of stars on your hotel I guess. Mine is zero.

Nola .. doesn't matter if the paint stains. Opaque medium? I did a WIP of Lenore's cactus that painted over the top of the washed remains of a totally shameful attempt at Lynns beautiful grandmother. It just gets a bit eye confusing.

Monika ... still a long time. :heart: Glad he is getting home to you both this weekend :thumbsup:

monikadeo
03-23-2011, 05:25 AM
Great to hear from you again Monika, glad you'll have your hubby home soon. You know the old saying, can't live with them, can't live without them.

Yes, Nola, this is soooooooooo true! :lol:

Oh I would love to go to Melbourne!! It costs as much to go down there for a week as it does to fly to Canada.

:eek: :eek:

DH did mention to me that of the cities that he has visited, this one seems one of the most expensive!

-Monika.

Scene Chaser
03-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Good Day All,
I decided to stay home today as we have six inches of new snow all over the place. We did not get the ice as predicted. Now I can finish my painting and maybe start another.

Doug, A trip to Southport sounds like a good idea.

Hi Monika.

Geoff, I wish I could see my lawn, let alone mow it. The smell of fresh cut grass is something I long for. Are you looking at caravan catalogs?

JJ, Beautiful pics. Funny story, too.

Nola, Glad your husband is doing well.

Annie, Your husband should be glad you cook. I love fish and chips. Handmade?

Monika, Carolyn, Reggie.
Bill

ScarletLake
03-23-2011, 06:00 AM
HI Everyone

JJ - cute pics of the animals. What a story.

Annie - HI

N. - glad your husband had good news from heart doc

Monika - Enjoy your summer break with your daughter

Bill -- I'm with you. I'm staying home today. I volunteered at the shop yesterday and I had the most rudest customer on earth. I who am usually very patient finally just told her what she could do after I told her I would be glad to ring her purchases out but it was not my fault that the credit card reader would not read her card and it took time to manually enter it. If she didn't want to give me time to do that she could leave.

Then I had to get a step ladder out and climb it to get items down for another customer and another young lady got a deal on a table that was 50% off. Only problem was I had to take ALL the items displayed on it off (multiple sets of dishes) and move several pieces of furniture around to just get the table out where we could get it out the door and loaded into the back of her SUV.

We are supposed to be open till 5pm but no customers past 4pm and I had a splitting headache and closed it up early (with owners permission) and came home.

I'm staying inside today and don't want to even look at another person. Working on painting a small table and child's chair and some watercolors.

It is 6AM and I have been up since 4Am and had breakfast, got a roast in the crock pot and am going to settle down and look at my Dick Blick catalog I got in the mail last week.

I think that my son Justin is buried in SNOW in N. Dakota.

will check back later

Anita

watercolourfanatic
03-23-2011, 06:02 AM
Morning All:wave: .12.1C 09:54 at sunny Bath. Wonderful photos of the possums JJ. Nearly as cute as my grandchildren!:D

Off for my morning walk shortly then probably a trip to Hilliers garden centre. I need to repot one of the rhodos and also some Lilies to combat the lily beetle.

Painting? Possibly will have a go pm as I started another Indian portrait on Monday night and it looks promising. Still at an early stage and not yet reached the point of no return where it either goes belly up or heads towards a reasonable finish. :crossfingers:

Nothing much else to say really. The Japanese situation still looks ominous and quite what the outcome in Libya will be is another cause for concern.:(

All best wishes to everyone today and may your problems be minor.

Peter (the other one:) )

ReggieS
03-23-2011, 06:19 AM
Good morning all! It is still dark here but by the time I get on the road it will be light. I hope it will be sunny!

I have a very full schedule today at work. Very tense! Have to keep thinking how lucky I am to have a great paying job!
Sorry to sound so negative, I really need spring and sunny weather to come!!! It's been too long of a winter this year!

Bill - we have so much snow too! Where is my lawn???

Hi Anita! REtail is a hard business as is "the customer is always right", Grrrr...

Nola- glad all went well for your DH at the doctor's!

Hi Monika!!

Doug- is Southport a big city? Some pics please!

Gotta run! til later!

Have a great day all and hugs to Ona and Darla!!

Love,

Reggie

Yorky
03-23-2011, 06:31 AM
Hi folks, trip to Southport is off, expecting a visitor. Southport (http://www.visitsouthport.com/site/things-to-do/attractions) is a large seaside town build on former sand dunes and is so flat it is very popular with retirees. Famous for it's mile long shopping street Lord Street, said to have inspired Hausmann when he redesigned Paris.

(((Anita))) sorry you had a rough day.

Very wise to stay home Bill.

Doug

laudesan
03-23-2011, 06:42 AM
(((Anita)))

Doug, Pat took me to Southport, and I walked the length of that Pier just to get photographs :-))

Ellen in Ont
03-23-2011, 07:53 AM
:wave: everyone,
Another quick visit this morning. I have a dentist appointment in an hour to get my new crown for my front tooth. :rolleyes: I'll be glad when it's all done.

It's -23 right now and is supposed to be cold for another week at least.

Yesterday I didn't get much done because we were having trouble with our wireless network settings made worse by getting a new Blue Ray player that needed to make a wireless internet connection. Finally got it sorted out by calling my brother in the evening. He guided me through unhiding our network so we can find it on the list of available networks. My e-reader can now find the network as well again.:rolleyes:

I have to run as I haven't showered yet so I'm dashing off.

Johnnie
03-23-2011, 07:56 AM
Hi all

Well we have about 4 or 5 inches of snow here .. Started around 3 am last night.. Was up, don't know why, but that seems to be the way it is now a days. When it started flakes were huge.. Still snowing a bit still.. Looks like we going to be getting a fair bit looking at the radar..

Hope all is well..

Johnnie

painterbear
03-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just after 8:00 a.m. here in cloudy Oakwood. We have a severe weather warning for a storm that is supposed to get here this afternoon hail, possible snow, possible tornadoes, etc., etc. The only good news is that we will be finished our roaming and have the car (and us) safely back in the house.

We're off to the Base this morning for Larry's OT on his wrist. Not sure if we'll stop at the Commissary or not.

I've started putting in the blues on my Carnavale mask painting. Will try to update my WIP later this afternoon (if I don't have to shut down the computer because of the weatheer).

Sounds like Mother Nature is having a bit of twisted fun dropping snow on all of you in the northern tier too. Stay warm, stay safe, stay home and paint. ;)

Ellen, You'll feel so much more comfortable once the crown is put on your tooth. :thumbsup:

Anita, :o about the nasty customers. Now you know when they plan to put something on sale at half price (e.g., the table), it is probably smart to get it cleared off ahead of time so you don't have to rush around trying to find places for things that are on top of it. :rolleyes: Have a bit of relaxing fun today to make up for the turmoil on Saturday.

JJ, Cute photos, funny story.

Monika, I'm sure you are looking forward to your husband's return from Oz and also to having free time to spend with your daughter. Welcome back, as you can see we didn't change the locks. ;) :lol:

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Uschi
03-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

-5C, we have about 6" of new snow and it is still snowing and blowing.

It's Wednesday, that means table tennis in the morning and coffee klatsch with Connie in the afternoon.

I finished the little Iris painting yesterday but decided to add another coat of paint into the background to darken it.

I need to get myself breakfasted, dressed and exercised so will say "what they ^^^^^said" and wish you a good day.

((((((((((Darla)))))))) (((((((((((Ona)))))))))))

:wave: Uschi

Europa
03-23-2011, 08:33 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Just popping in - am taking Mum to visit my nephew in his new house - it is what was known as a 'Gentleman's Residence' - very posh - will see if I can get a good pic of it.

Yesterday we went into town shopping - seeing as the weather is gorgeous at the moment it was a shame to let Mum sit inside so as am able to take a couple of days off thought I would take advantage of the good weather.

Only a week before my neice Moira and her family arrive over from the states - they are here for a day then over to Northern Ireland to visit the Irish side of the family for a week then back here for the final week. Can't wait to see them all.

Doug - read with interest your comment about the Ancestry site - wondered why you couldn't use both like I do then realised that I had the worldwide subscription - so can use any of the ancestry sites which works out for me as we have family in Canada and the USA.

Better get a wiggle on - need to give Mum half an hours notice before we actually go out the door.....LOL

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

CharM
03-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Good morning! Snow, rain, snow, freezing rain, snow and rain... there you have it... very nasty conditions to be sending out my youngest son to school... Ok... I know he's an adult... and Canadian (experienced in these weather conditions)... but, I'm a worry wart...

We have a couple of errands to run in town later on this morning... by that time, the roads will have cleared as our temperature is rising... I just don't like getting in and out of the vehicle when everything is slushy, sloggy and yucky... :lol:

After working on yet another colour wheel, and beginning our study of mixing darks, I've chosen a reference to tie into this Jeanne Dobie chapter. One of the interesting things we worked on yesterday was the value placement (from 1 - 10) of the pigments we each have on our palettes. Some decisions were quite easy, and others not so much... the idea is to place lights against darks for visual impact... but we knew that already... :)

That's a cute photo story, JJ... :)

Nola... :thumbsup: for good reports from your Dr.

((Geoff)) I'm sure you'll find a suitable filler for that hole...

((Darla)) Sending some good thoughts and positive energy your way...

I hope that weather goes around you, Sylvia!

How nice that you'll be getting some time off from work, Monika!

:wave: All... I need to get things moving here... I hope yours is a happy and creative day! :heart:

laudesan
03-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Char, I know what it is like to worry about your kids. Tania is 38 years old, going on 39 in May, and I still worry about her, driving to work, or on trips.

I was able to get two nice photos of Mrs Possum's son tonight..

Strawberry Wine
03-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Morning All from a snowy Island Grove.... - 6 C Brrr.

After reading your snow reports from Chatham, Hamilton and Guelph, we have received very little of the White stuff :thumbsup: . Hope it remains that way.

Monika, your husband has been away for a long time no wonder you are so excited at having him home again. :thumbsup: on the vacation away from work..

JJ, great possum pics.

Ellen Brrrrrrr. I complain enough about how long winter is here.... I don't think I would survive living as far north as you do... :D

Anita, working in retail, rude, miserable customers are a fact of life. It is a good thing they are out numbered by the polite and happy ones... Love the way you handled the situation.

Bill, glad you are staying home and painting... Have you got a date for your ENT specialist yet?

Uschi, looking forward to seeing your latest Iris painting

Geoff, are you looking to replace your caravan with a new or used one? Have they figured out why the BBQ caught fire... Wondering if mice chewed into the lines over the winter months ?

Dan is getting ready to go into town and I have decided to go along with him. So I better get myself showered and dressed..

:wave: to all and I will say what Char said.

Cheers,

Gail

WthrLady
03-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Opossum Porn. Now there's a way to start the morning!

Scene Chaser
03-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Gail, I was just able to make an appointment with the U. of Michigan for vestibular testing three weeks from now. I'm quite anxious about what they will have to say.
My vermicomposting (worm composting) setup is still in transit. After it has arrived I'll order worms.

Hi to everyone:wave:
Bill

gardenart
03-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Good morning all. I have been MIA for several days mostly due to nothing to talk about. I do lead a boring life which is nice sometimes. I did go to my friends the other day and we cleaned and replenished our pallets from each others paints. That was fun and a good way to try new colors. We got together yesterday and painted. I finished the acrylic I was working on and did a water color. It was so nice to be back to water color. I will post it in the gallery in a bit.
Will not reply to all but i have a little bit of sunshine for all those not feeling well or still dealing with winter. Enjoy,
Christmas roses:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2011/214425-Christmas_Roses.jpg
Pink Charm daffodils:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2011/214425-dafodil_Pink_Charm.jpg
Primrose
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2011/214425-primrose.jpg
Last and least a miniature violet:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Mar-2011/214425-miniature_violet.jpg

All are snaggable if anyone wants them. I have lots of flower pictures and some beautiful white ones if anyone is interested just let me know.

Special thoughts to Geoff and Eileen, what a terrible thing but thank God you are both all right.
And Darla, I hope you find a good Dr. that can help you sort things out.
Ona, Hope you are feeling better soon.

I start my day with the Wash everyday with you all and always include you in my prayers.
Sue

ona
03-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry for my MIA and quick post yesterday. Just having a tough time with beaurocrasy and doctors and b******* lyme disease and doctors reaction to it.... I`m not happy

Thanks for the hugs. Apart from b*** doctors (can you tell i`ve had enough) My heart has been going bananas again and making me feel light headed and dizzy. I saw the cardiologist a couple days ago and he has given me more meds to try to control it. I asked him why it was having to work so hard. He just said something is causing it to be under great stress. Its on the list of symptoms for lyme but ... well you know the story:(

I'm trying to paint today. I'm having to paint upsidedown ( oops, just realised how that sounds...I mean the painting... not me) because i cant paint the reflections when its the right way up.. i cant work out whats what:o.

I cant remember who asked what Rebecca was up to the other day, sorry. Anyhow for those who are interested have a look here (http://life-on-the-moraine.blogspot.com/) at her new nature photography blog.
Love the photos Sue. I need some spring:cat:

:wave:to everyone else

(((special hugs to Darla)))

Ona

olliewood0702
03-23-2011, 12:18 PM
HAPPY HUMP DAY LOVELY ONES!:wave:

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for all your kind words and hugs. I REALLY needed them yesterday. It was a totally "over the edge" day for me. I was weepy all morning at work and my Dr appt with my new Dr was at 11:30. I told them I was NOT coming back after my appt as I just couldn't "deal".

I get to the Dr and they told me that they'd "bumped" my appt.:eek: I was so weepy that I must have scared the receptionist into moving...:crying: I said "WHAT?? I never received any call telling me they'd moved my appt and I took off work for this!" She said "just a minute" and practically leaped off her chair and into the back. :thumbsup: Out she comes saying "they're going to work you in." I was relieved.

I was SO IMPRESSED with the new Dr that I was encouraged. She changed several of my meds; ordered several tests and wants to see me in 4 weeks for follow-up and a complete physical. She was empathetic, patient, encouraging and supportive. ALL QUALITIES that are valued in a good Dr....and qualities that I did NOT have in my former.

Anyway, today I'm encouraged and started my new meds....it will take some time but I believe we are on the right track. Yesterday Larry took off work to stay with me as he didn't want to leave me alone (yes I was that bad) and called Jen home from work early to be with me. I had several months of stress and frustration in me and believe me when I say it ALL CAME OUT!:evil:

So thanks for your hugs; they are much appreciated.

(((ONA))) terrible, terrible disease....that Lyme.:grouphug: Hope the meds slow down your poor heart. Rebecca's blog is super!

Sue, stupendous pics....I simply cannot wait for blooms....anyday now. Messy weather here today but it's coming as rain and NOT snow like just north of us.:crossfingers:

JJ, thanks for sharing those amazing photos! Poor Mama and baby....MEN! LOL:D

Have a WONDERFUL DAY ALL.:wave: :heart:

Uschi
03-23-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm back from table tennis.

It's still snowing and blowing like crazy and the roads are really bad so I decided to skip the coffee with Connie and come home instead.

I have been going to her place for close to two months now, there was a good reason because she was genuinly not well, but I think now "not feeling well" is just an excuse. I was tired from playing, plus the nasty roads was enough to make me head home.

After today we are to have a whole week of sunshine but still cold.

So, I'll go make myself some lunch and a bit of kitchen cleaning up and maybe paint another little one.

Like many of you, deciding what to paint and finding the right reference from the thousands of photos I hace is the biggest issue, once the decision is made it's easy going:D

Sue, thank you so much for that lovely sight of things to come!!!

(((((((Dala)))))) I am soooooo glad you found a good and compassionate doctor. I hope the meds work quickly and perfectly!!!

(((((((Ona)))))) is it that they don't want to accept that the Lyme disease is at the bottom of it all??? Mind you, from what I understood from that TV program I watched some time ago, the only thing they can do is keep on giving massive doses of antibiotics.

Char, you are going to be a walking, talking, watercolour theory encyclopedia:D

:wave: to all of you!!!

Uschi

LynnM
03-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Wonderful photos, JJ!! I saw them around 2;30 AM, but too numb to write anything. Sent me back to bed chuckling :) If I had been more compos mentis I would have taken a photo out the window.....sheets of snow lit up by the yard light, but I didn't really want to see it :eek:

The snow is still blowing by, quite the blizzard. But they say it will be above freezing tomorrow, I do hope so!

(((((Darla))))), (((((Ona)))))

Thanks so much for the flowers, Sue, can we use them? Looks like a good therapy painting there.

Thanks for that link, Nola, looks interesting, I think I'll get his book next month. Nice to hear about your plans, would love to be going off to a trailer about now :envy:

Which makes me think of ((((Geoff and Eileen))))

I have September to look forward to, my camping group has decided to take a cottage west of Sudbury, and do some treckking into the northern parts of my favourite park.....painting where the Group of Seven painted, Grace and Nellie (I hope!) lakes.

I hope dinner went well without the finger-bits, Annie :lol: Saw your painting in the Landscape section, looks good!

Greetings to everyone else, and all to come....I hope your day goes well :wave:

Scene Chaser
03-23-2011, 01:52 PM
(((Darla,))) I was just complaining to my wife about doctors when I read your line. They knew how to respond to an angry women. :)

Sue, lovely flowers.

Bill

JudyL
03-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Beautiful day, but quickly turning gloomy to match my mood. Well more tired than anything else. Anyway, a lovely day, good WW meeting, and a nice lunch. We were asked to be just a little bit more active this week, I will try to walk 15 minutes a day, but I did add, unless it's raining.

Lovely picture of the possums we have foxes here, and hedgehogs I think, they are a bit shy.

Uschi
03-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Still snowing, according to the snow on my table on my deck, I'd say we have had about 15" or 16" so far. That's the most we have had at one time all winter.
:wave: Ursula

LynnM
03-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Yes, Uschi, it still looks outside as it did at 2:30 this morning, I hope this is a last blizzard of the year! I was planning to do some errands, not now :eek: It's a cancelled school day today, much to the delight of my grands, but too much wind chill to go out and enjoy the snow (even for you, JJ, I think!).

I'm glad you got some help, Darla, good to know it can happen :heart:

ScarletLake
03-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Howdy All

It is 4:30 pm on Wednesday afternoon in tipp City, OH. The day started out sunny and bright but as the afternoon wore on it turned cloudy and we just had a hail storm. Sky has lightened up and no rain now but I believe we are under thunderstorm watch and maybe tornado watch too.

Sylvia will be having about the same weather. Hey Sylvia, All of those dishes were on that table because they were also part of the 50% off sale.

Bill - it will be interesting to hear what they find at the university on your ear/vertigo. Also interesting is that 2 people I know have experienced something similar this year. One a nurse I worked with - who they say had a virus and she can't work anymore. She has been off since Sept and the last I heard was going for Vestibular rehab. Had never heard of that before.

Then one of my closest friends just within the last 2-3 weeks has developed ringing in the ears. Can't get rid of it and she is seeing a specialist soon.

Darla - So glad that you tried another DR. Yes, I think that when you have been on a med that long it does not work with your body very effectively. Hope the new meds work. Might I suggest a book by Joan Anderson -A Year By the Sea. I read it about 8 years ago it has been THE book with the most influence on my life. I think that you would enjoy. I have read ALL of her books.

Uschi - I think my son in N. Dakota can relate to your snow too!!!

I just noticed that my magnolia bush has budded open.

Well off to try some of that roast in the crock pot with potatoes, carrots, onions, red wine ---smells DIVINE

Anita

LynnM
03-23-2011, 05:31 PM
MMMMMM....Anita, too bad you are so far away :) Sounds like you are feeling better today, glad you are enjoying your new activity in the gallery, it's always fun when you have nice customers.

Uschi
03-23-2011, 06:30 PM
MMMMM Anita, smells good to me too:)

I am going downstairs in a minute and making curried spinach, have never done it before so hope it will be eadible.

Still snowing, we now have close to a foot and a half. My sump pump is going to be busy, busy once all that starts melting.

I have been painting a white iris, thought I'd try a different shadow colour i.e. a beige/brown and I am not impressed:lol: Looks too lame, I'll have to figure out a way to bring it alive.:rolleyes: :D

Can't wait til tomorrow when Hap makes his way to the opening of the show where Ona's painting is hanging. :crossfingers: Ona!!!

:wave: Uschi

happhoto
03-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Just checking in....Uschi I won't be able to make it to the opening tomorrow, still too sick. Dr apt today and he says now it's sinusitis and an ear infection FEH. Feel crappy but got some meds today that hopefully will help. Will definately get to the show next week and get a photo for Ona and one to post (with her permission of course) in the wash.
Stamina seems to be a word I remember...can't remember what it was though.

I'll check back when I can
hap

Scene Chaser
03-23-2011, 09:17 PM
(((Hap))) Hope you feel better soon. Have you tried a neti pot? I occasionally have sinusitis and a neti pot works better than the doc's drugs. You can get one at most drug stores for about $10.

Uschi, you have twice the snow I had to clear off my drive today.
Bill

JudyL
03-23-2011, 09:30 PM
I agree with the Neti pot, I have 2, one here in the UK and one in Elk Grove. The do take a bit of getting used to but they do the job. You can check on You Tube to see a demonstration.

laudesan
03-23-2011, 10:18 PM
(((((((((HAP))))))))))

I am glad you all enjoyed Mrs possums antics. :D Never a dull moment on my patio. She is having way too much fun that one..

I will just have to believe you, for now Lynn. But I don't know, I am tuffer than you think. :p Snow, glorious snow> sorry guys... I will back out slowly..