PDA

View Full Version : Scam email

Snuzin Susan
03-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Hey guys! I go this email today from Charlie Ewings email address:

Hello,
I'm very sorry to bother you with this email,I'm currently in the UK to attend an unexpected impromptu program.I'm in London and upset at the moment because I'm in a terrible predicament.I got mobbed on my way to the Hotel,coming from the session i was attending and thereby loosing my funds and valuables.I'll like you to assist me with a loan of $2,400 to sort-out Hotel bills and for departure.Please let me know if you can be of any help. I promise to make arrangements for refunds with immediate effect when i return..Regards..Charlie

Obviously this is fake. I don't have his contact information though to let him know someone is trying to scam from his email address. Rod or Cathy? Could you help? Also watch out for this!

-Susan

theBoardLady
03-22-2011, 08:36 PM
I received this email, too but it's not the first time. I received one from my art intructor, too. I called her and the first thing she said when she answered her phone was "NO, I'm not in London!" She had to get rid of that email address and start a new one. I sure hope Charlie knows about this.

Rodman
03-22-2011, 09:07 PM
I sent the money.....what?..scam?...how....that wasn't charlie?

Snuzin Susan
03-23-2011, 12:56 AM
Rod..you...scammed? Nooooooo.

Good one Diane. That is bad that they're hacking into people's emails now.

-Susan

Crias
03-23-2011, 02:02 AM
Dear Rod - I am in Oregon held captive by a herd of spitting llamas. They told me that for the sum of $1,000,000 they will release me and also return "Flipper" to his sea monkey jungle gym. Please send funds immediately to help me and Flipper in our time of dire need (BTW Flipper is getting more dehydrated ever minute you delay)!!

PatrickHedges
03-23-2011, 02:34 AM
See we think Rod's joking, but he's got money coming out of his ears and can't wait to give some of it away (for tax reasons of course) :lol:

lorna12
03-23-2011, 02:58 AM
Scam's not funny but Cathy's right on the ball. :lol:

aaces
03-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Cathy.... Where do we send the money?????
That's HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Rodman
03-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Cathy... your plucking my heart strings... could I paypal it? To expedite the process.... hug Flip ( Flipper ) for me.

Patrick... Diana is the one with deep pockets... shoot, while visiting, I learned she buys a new sofa every week.....just so it matches the T.V. Guide!!!... ( true story )

I HATE spitting Llamas! ....and im not crazy about the non spitting variety.

sallymaxwell
03-23-2011, 10:58 AM
I got the same e-mail and called Andrea at Ampersand, since I don't have his phone number. They called him immediately and told him he needed to change his password for his e-mail account. Seems like some hacker has hijacked it. I have seen this scam come through before. It gets a little of a pain in the neck for the guy who has been hijacked to explain to his friends. Unfortunately some people who are new to the internet fall for it. Not everyone is as smart as we are!:thumbsup:

theBoardLady
03-23-2011, 11:14 AM
@Cathy...:lol: :lol: :lol: ---spitting llamas >>> YUCK!

Celticelf
03-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Spitting llamas are even worse than fainting goats - scaaary!

Diane Cutter
03-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Last summer while traveling my email was hacked (I was mugged in London and needed money). Needless to say I was not in England, had to contact yahoo and get it sorted, among things a new password and a more complex one. I even had to get permission to get back into WC (I was a moderator at the time), proving I was who I was...

It's a horrible experience and I feel for anyone who had that pulled on them... There are a number of threads on this in the Internet Sales Strategies forum...

Diane

sandrawillard
03-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Did anyone ever get a hold of Charlie to let him know?