PDA

View Full Version : Magazine article suggestion.

PatrickHedges
03-22-2011, 05:09 AM
Hi guys. Thinking ahead, a bit like with the website thread, to something that is not needed right now but worth thinking about, I would like to propose that we jointly write a scratchboard article which we can submit to art magazines around the world.

Publicity would not go astray and it would be good to try to get something into a representative collection of magazines. This would mean that the publicity would be free without the need for an advert up front, and it could captivate people if it was written by more than just me. We could have an article that shows the potential of a society to existing scratchboard artists, and the potential of scratchboard (and all its different styles) to people who want to know more about it as a medium.
I'm thinking a threefold approach.
i) The new society
ii) A collection of images and little bits written by four or five artists (with their differing styles and philosophies) and
iii) A WIP or two

All suggestions, agreements, disagreements, ideas welcome. Magazines may jump at it or they may not. I suspect with the right approach, they will get behind it.

annamelia
03-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Great idea Patrick and I am sure the Editor of the Aus. Fine Art & Decorative Painting magazine would be interested.

artofnature
03-22-2011, 07:03 AM
Great idea Patrick. What about the Australian Artists Mag seeing as they are familiar with your work. We could submit some work from different people to draw attention to the art. I am sure people would be amazed. Perhaps a portrait, a still life, a coloured board maybe Harold, a wildlife one and an animal one. Ive probably left lots out but it might be a start.

Diana Lee
03-22-2011, 11:17 AM
The man is a genius!! Great idea!

Diana

emilycolors
03-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Free is always good! :)

I like that you're including different styles and philosophies. By the time we have everything up and running with members in tow everyone will have had to write an artist statement. Should make it easy to turn it over into article-worthy material...
(Still trying to write mine - it's killllllllling me!)

Diane Cutter
03-23-2011, 01:35 PM
It sounds great, Patrick, and one would hope that F+W, WC's owners, would also run an article on an organization that is created from here. They have a couple of magazines that would be apropo...

Diane

PatrickHedges
03-24-2011, 03:25 AM
I've closed the topics in this forum that have been dealt with. The interim board will be having meetings and ironing out incorporation / membership issues and we'll use this forum to provide feedback on an ongoing basis until it's all completed (which will be a few weeks to months away).

Thanks for all your input :)