PDA

View Full Version : Martin---for series Birds A-Z

VENKAT
03-21-2011, 01:29 AM
For "M" in Birds series i have here Asian House - Martin .
Size 10 x 7 ' Acrylics
This brings the series to the half way mark . Still 13 more to go.
and at this rate this willk go on till the last week of june 2011.
Actually this series will get completed much ahead of this schedule
since I have just completed "S". But i shall stick to the present weekly
posting as I find that the interest in the series is gradually fading
when one looks at the number of "views" which much less compared
to other threads . This may be due to repetition of the theme week after week causing " subject Fatigue " and lack of variety in the selection . I always believed that the audience is right and it is upto me to set right the situation .I do not have any clue , how to. except perhaps reducing the frequency or by shuffling subjects to relieve monotony .

Venkat
http://scratchboardartofvenkat.weebly.com/

lorna12
03-21-2011, 01:48 AM
This is a little gem of a bird...I love the colors! Very nice setting, too.

I for one am definitely not bored with the series...I've been looking forward to seeing your birds each week.

PatrickHedges
03-21-2011, 02:07 AM
I'm with Lorna as I'm sure you can tell. I love your series and I'd love to see it published somewhere. Maybe you could do a 13 month calendar with two per month? That would be cool!

lorna12
03-21-2011, 03:11 AM
I'd buy one of those!(calendar)

artofnature
03-21-2011, 07:50 AM
Venkat, your paintings are anything but boring. I for one eagerly look forward to each one. I am always surprised by your choice of subject.

This is another wonderful painting for your series.

Rodman
03-21-2011, 08:11 AM
Venkat, .... I hope I didn't offend you or throw a negitive vibe at your wonderful work with my saying " Subject Fatigue "... what I maybe should have said was " its a dedicated professional artist that takes on a project like this...knowing they can maintain the highest standards" this was a vision of yours... well worth your time...please keep going...

Those of us that see these are rewarded....those that miss them...its their loss.

Harry Seymour
03-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Venkat-I too have enjoyed seeing your lovely work as expressed in your weekly depictions. This week is no exception and I've learned about a variety of birds about which I would otherwise be clueless. Indeed as artists we thrive on viewer recognition but it is secondary to our need to produce art. Continue to do what you do because of the need within.

Rodman
03-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Harry...very well put!

Buggin3
03-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Very cool, Venkat! I definitely have not felt any subject fatigue when it comes to this series. I look forward to seeing your next installment each week. Just like Harry, I have also learned about birds that I had previously not known.

I will now patiently wait for "N". :)

artbygail
03-21-2011, 12:05 PM
I love the colouring in this one, sharp and clear. A calendar might be a great idea. Gail

Diana Lee
03-21-2011, 12:14 PM
I, too, am enjoying this series. I enjoy looking at all of your work, so if you need a break to do something else that would be ok (as long as you came back to this).
I love the color of this bird. Excellent job!

Diana

kenmacf
03-21-2011, 12:39 PM
the martins are just starting to arrive here. I love the burbling sound they make. great mosquito catchers too. Maybe yours would like to come visit Texas.

birdlover
03-21-2011, 01:31 PM
This is a beautiful rendition. Love the blue. I do quite a lot of birds too so I appreciate them. Calender sounds like a good idea. Post at Cornell site on Facebook I bet they would love them too.

Garbonzo
03-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Venkata, I love your work. You have a very extraordinary style that gives me great pleasure to see. I admire your ability to create your own boards and then fill them beautiful images such as this one. I used to carve realistic birds and so, find them very fascinating. Keep these coming, you do them so well.

VENKAT
03-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Lorna : I always enjoyed your support
Patrick It is so nice of you to suggest the calendar idea. I may not be able to handle it alone. it is OK if it is sponsored by some one
Lesley. Irrespctive of any thing I said , I will stick to the weekly posting till finish
Rod-man " I hope I didn't offend you or throw a negitive vibe at your wonderful work with my saying " Subject Fatigue "...
Not at all . I have taken your advice in the right sense . I liked the compound word you used and borrowed it for the context feeling that it aptly described the situation .
Harry :" Indeed as artists we thrive on viewer recognition but it is secondary to our need to produce art." This is precisely my attitude also . Otherwise I would not have progressed ahead . I feel very much resticted in the selection of the species because there are more number of species in each alphabet and under the species there are many regional varieties. To bring in sufficient coverage will run into hundreds .
Brett : Next is Nuthatch
Gail Thank you
Diana : I don't need a break . I enjoy doing this . I was saying this from viewers' point
Ken Thank you

Venkat

caribouhills
03-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Beautiful work Venkat, I can't help liking your style. I will be looking forward to viewing the next in your series. I also would be interested in a calendar.

VENKAT
03-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Angela , Harold, Mark Our posts crossed . Thank you for your appreciation
Venkat

PatrickHedges
03-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Patrick It is so nice of you to suggest the calendar idea. I may not be able to handle it alone. it is OK if it is sponsored by some one
There are lots of companies doing this on the net now (Kodak etc) where you can design your own. People can buy them and even if you don't want to make money on them, you can direct people to the link where they can pay the company directly. It costs you nothing to do the design so it's worth it. I do some calendars or books simply as presents which costs me to get the company to make them and send them to me or the friend.

Remind me when you are finished and I can either do it for you or show you the ropes. If I do it, I will need you to email me higher resolution images or send to me on a disc. I think it would make an excellent calendar

Obedec
03-21-2011, 09:36 PM
I especially love this one. The wing feathers are superb. And, I just tried scratching on acrylic...you are one fantastic artist. I won't be messing with that again.

VENKAT
03-22-2011, 01:59 AM
Patrick : I am going to seriously consider your proposal. I am even thinking of making a fresh set of selected species of Sponsors choice with reference photos if possible. I need 5 to 6 weeks to do 12 pieces. The pictures in high resolution can be copied in a CD and delivered . Thanks very much .

Venkat

VENKAT
03-22-2011, 02:15 AM
Karen: Acrylic is an unacceptable medium for SB work because of the tough film . I have tried others like Watercolor and colored inks and I find Acrylic more suitable in spite of its disadvantages . You can manage it if is built up in thin layers.
Venkat

MuttHut
03-22-2011, 04:03 AM
Venkat: These are great pictures you have created, and I think as well as the others that a calendar would be beautiful depicting your bird images, plus I think it would sell quite well.
Contact Cathy about this she made a calander of her pics so she could give you the low down on the details. Even lovely book marks would be great as well.
I do love the purple martins, they won't be here until late may, but they nest in my bird houses every year, and they sure keep bugs in check.

Wendy