PDA

View Full Version : In Preparation for nominations Monday

lorna12
03-17-2011, 04:05 PM
I thought it might help to have a list of roles that will need filling and a little of what each will entail. Don't forget to contact who you think you'd like to nominate to make sure it's what they would like as this first year is going to take a lot of work on all parts.
Also, if you like, state your willingness to help out in any capacity.

Most important...did I forget anything?

ISSA positions to be filled.

Board members:
• President… The President of ISSA shall preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors and at all other meetings of the organization and shall have power to appoint committees with the concurrence of the Board.
• Vice President… It shall be the duty of the Vice President to perform all the duties of the President in the absence of that officer. The Vice President shall also work in a public relations capacity.
• Secretary… It shall be the duty of the Secretary to attend all meetings of the organization and the Board of Directors and to keep records of the proceedings. The Secretary shall conduct correspondence and transact any other business that may be required by the Board, with such assistance as the Board shall provide.*
• Treasurer… The Treasurer shall receive and hold all moneys and securities belonging to, or receivable by the organization, and pay them out in such manner as shall be designated by the Board of Directors.
• Exhibition Coordinator… The exhibition coordinator will oversee a group of committees that would be in charge of organizing the annual exhibition. Those committee responsibilities would include finding and securing a venue, sending membership the prospectus for the event, securing awards, notifying national publications, and advertising for the event.
• 2-3 members at large… to work with the officers in an advisory and helping role as needed.

*Membership Coordinator …works in coordination with the Secretary and the Treasurer…keeps track of all the members, including addresses, phone numbers, etc. and collect dues both yearly and as new members join, to pass on to the Treasurer.

We will also need several people to work with the exhibition coordinator.

We will need someone dedicated to keeping our website…this will be a big job as we will need it built and then members added as they join, along with some images of their work, so it will need updating frequently.

Snuzin Susan
03-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Thank you Lorna for posting this up! Getting a Board together is a BIG step!

-Susan

Diana Lee
03-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks Lorna! This part is HUGE!!

Diana

Rodman
03-17-2011, 09:48 PM
I think the wheels are starting to turn....

Diana Lee
03-17-2011, 09:50 PM
I think the wheels are starting to turn....Hey Rod, does that mean you're thinking?

Diana

Buggin3
03-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Hey Rod, does that mean you're thinking?

:lol:

Rodman
03-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Diana...always..ha..my wheels are always spinning...the problem is...the wheels are not touching the ground.

Bret...don't encourage her..ha

lorna12
03-17-2011, 11:32 PM
:lol:I thought I smelled something burning...coming from way east and a little south of here I think! :wink2::D

I was hoping some people would put their names out there that they would be interested in taking on a role.

Let me be the first then...I'm interested in either a role on the board or anyplace that I can help out.

Diana Lee
03-17-2011, 11:47 PM
I have an interest in being a board member at-large.

Diana

PatrickHedges
03-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Same here, no problems

sandrawillard
03-18-2011, 01:17 AM
I'm up for anything. Just proud to be a part. :D

Rodman
03-18-2011, 06:41 AM
I'll toss my hat in the ring...

Its time to step up folks...there is a real need here. Be a part of this. Here's where you let people know you believe in this.... who else?

Diane Cutter
03-18-2011, 08:06 AM
I'm new to SB but would be happy to help out any way I can but it doesn't have to be on the board. Membership is appealing.

Diane

emilycolors
03-18-2011, 08:13 AM
Unworthily, I'll volunteer too for whatever you may need me for. Membership coordinator sounds like fun...

I'm so glad to see this forming up! Everyone has put in a lot of hard work. Makes me proud to be a part of this group!!

Buggin3
03-18-2011, 09:58 AM
I am also available to help in any way that I can from up here in the great white north. Most likely an at large position or helping role would be best for me as I will not be able to travel to the states this summer due to prior work commitments (I can't make the Texas meeting this June :().

GoldenArt
03-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Glad to see this all come about. I will be willing to do what I can to help in any way.

Crias
03-18-2011, 01:18 PM
I am most interested in exhibition coorditator as I have already been in touch with ampersand about ideas for 2012 show and agreed to get in touch this summer with more info and have organized several events before so know what type of stuff is required. It is also a job where I have lots of lead time for the planning and can fit it around my busy schedule ;-)

emilycolors
03-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Cathy, you'd be a perfect fit for that! I'll vote for ya!

PatrickHedges
03-18-2011, 07:27 PM
That's the ticket Cathy - you would be better than perfect for that in my humble opinion!!

lorna12
03-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Right on Cathy!! Better than perfect is right!:thumbsup:

annamelia
03-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Who else BUT Cathy for this role!!!!

Rodman
03-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Cathy on board...sweeeet! She has all the professionalism needed for the job.....ill campaign for you.....unless you think it might hurt your chances..ha.. great going Cathy!

Snuzin Susan
03-18-2011, 10:51 PM
I'd be more than happy to assist Cathy with her coordination tasks should she take the position (and assist in general). I'll be in NYC in the fall so I'd be in an area with good connections.

-Susan

Diane Cutter
03-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Yes, Cathy will be great for that position...

Diane

Garbonzo
03-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Yea Cathy.

I would be willing to help in an at large position or assisting the exhibition coordinator or whatever. I don't feel that I would be much of an asset at any of the official positions.

MJGresko
03-19-2011, 05:07 PM
I wouldn't mind being a member at large if needed.

PaintDog
03-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Although I'm not speaking for her, in the "interim web site thread", Cristina did express an interest in working on the web site. I'd be happy to assist her if she'd like the help.

I could certainly serve as a member-at-large as well. . . and will be happy to assist in areas of social networking (perhaps a Facebook page?) and marketing.

lorna12
03-19-2011, 06:48 PM
The people in this forum really are the best!

PaintDog
03-19-2011, 07:11 PM
I am just so happy I found this forum/group - it's an exciting time for scratchers!!!

Obedec
03-20-2011, 12:00 AM
I'll help any way I can but I am an excellent assistant and don't mind doing the dirty work or little things.

MuttHut
03-21-2011, 01:00 AM
I would be willing to work as the Membership Coordinator, or any other job anyone may need done.

Wendy

Celticelf
03-21-2011, 11:23 AM
I have no idea how I could help, but I am a good flunky. That's not a board position, but just saying...:)

lorna12
03-21-2011, 02:11 PM
:lol:@Terri...it's a well known fact that "flunkies" are the backbone of any organization!
Good to know we can count on you, Terri, Wendy and Karen!

GoldenArt
03-21-2011, 04:00 PM
I need to amend my post. I know i am not suited for any of the positions, I am just saying I will be glad to help with what ever may be needed after the appointments. So put me on the list with Terri.

Buggin3
03-21-2011, 04:06 PM
I am also available if anyone feels like I could help them in any way.

FoggyMountain
03-22-2011, 08:17 AM
I would be interested in the Secretary position but would not be financially able to travel to each meeting. But, I could certainly be a Member at Large to help in any way I could.

FoggyMountain
03-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Well, it appears I'm too late in checking in after reading the other thread. But as long as things are taken care of and they certainly seem to be.

kodik9
03-23-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm happy to help in any way I can :) I'll join up with the flunkies crew :lol:

PatrickHedges
03-24-2011, 03:24 AM
I've closed the topics in this forum that have been dealt with. The interim board will be having meetings and ironing out incorporation / membership issues and we'll use this forum to provide feedback on an ongoing basis until it's all completed (which will be a few weeks to months away).

Thanks for all your input :)