PDA

View Full Version : Seed Fund Donations

kenmacf
03-16-2011, 09:28 AM
We now have a PayPal account and an email address.

You will have to have paypal to donate, but as you know it is free to set up. All you have to do is log into your paypal account and go to send money, put in the ISSA account e-mail and type in the amount you wish to donate. Simple as that.

The ISSA Account email address is: [email protected]

Buggin3
03-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks for setting up the account, Ken. :thumbsup:

Having never been part of an art society before, I am not sure how much typical membership dues would be. I know it was asked before about the amount of the donation, but I don't remember anything specific being decided.

Is there an overall amount required to get the society started?

Maybe if we don't want to give a specific dollar amount for an individuals 2011 donation, we could say any amount up to a maximum of $xx.xx.

Celticelf
03-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Don't have a paypal account either.

Crias
03-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Donate what you can or feel fit. Annual dues for associations range from $25 up to over $100 for a few organizations that I am in. If all you can give is $5 this year every little bit helps and no one will be judged for giving a little, or giving a lot :) at this point it really isn't dues per se, it is donations to help get going. So I prefer not to give a dollar amount that we want you to contribute for this year, but we will figure out formal 'dues' for 2012.

Teri, paypal is easy to set up and very secure. At this point ISSA does not have a formal bank account, but if you really don't want to do paypal you can mail me a check for the amount that you wish to contribute and I will make a paypal donation from my account in your name. If you want to go that route send me a PM and I will send you my address.

Typed from my phone so please excuse any typos.

Buggin3
03-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Donate what you can or feel fit. Annual dues for associations range from $25 up to over $100 for a few organizations that I am in. If all you can give is $5 this year every little bit helps and no one will be judged for giving a little, or giving a lot :) at this point it really isn't dues per se, it is donations to help get going. So I prefer not to give a dollar amount that we want you to contribute for this year, but we will figure out formal 'dues' for 2012.

Thanks, Cathy.

lorna12
03-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Excellent news Ken...thank you so much for doing this.

Yes, please, only donate as much as you feel you can afford...as Cathy said, every little bit will help us get rolling. We'll let the new Board (when it's elected) deal with setting formal dues for 2012. And just so you know, there are three names on the PayPal account, just to keep everything on the up and up.

kenmacf
03-16-2011, 03:15 PM
hahaha! Indeed there are 4 eyes looking over my shoulder so not to worry. I'm down with this up thing :)

RSchafe
03-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks Ken for taking the lead on this!

there are three names on the PayPal account, just to keep everything on the up and up Good idea, as it protects the treasurer and officers as much as the members

Has anyone looked into domain name and registration? The annual cost is around $10-20 ($20-40 if you get both .com and .org to avoid someone else grabbing one). You can skip this by using a free web site that allows you to add a vanity name to theirs, but they don't always stay in business, so I think it would be better to go ahead and secure one.

already in use (and not available to us):
issa.org
scratchboard.org
scratchingthesurface.org

is available:
internationalscratchboardartists.org (but is a mouthful!)
issa-scratchboard.org
international-scratchboard.org
international-scratchboard-society.org (long)
international-society-scratchboard.org (long)

There could be other combinations available as well.

Thoughts?

Rich

Celticelf
03-16-2011, 04:39 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: issa-scratchboard.org

lorna12
03-16-2011, 07:18 PM
:thumbsup: issa-scratchboard.org...and .com if available? Seems the wise thing to get both.

Diana Lee
03-16-2011, 09:27 PM
issa-scratchboard.org...and .com if available? Seems the wise thing to get both.I agree!!

Diana

RSchafe
03-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Well I made my donation by registering both issa-scratchboard.org and .com for one year. It will just be in reserve until we have a website to point it to.

Rich

lorna12
03-17-2011, 01:51 AM
Rich...that's excellent, thank you sooo much!!

Rodman
03-17-2011, 06:01 AM
Ken&Rich...great going... ill get Pay-Pal.

I agree, as well, with issa-scratchboard.org/ .com

I also agree that we need to stay transparent...$$$

sandrawillard
03-17-2011, 11:28 AM
I hope it's ok but I also registered the two following domain names:
www.ISSAart.com
www.ISSAart.org

That way we also have a short web address in case of need (for marketing or print materials). Plus, even if we don't use them at least I have them locked down so no one else can use them.

Just let me know when we have a website and I will direct them to it!

lorna12
03-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Sandra...thanks so much!!

It's great the way everyone is stepping up to the plate to get this thing going!

PatrickHedges
03-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Cool, done. Well done to Ken for getting this up and running. For anyone umming and ahhing about Paypal, it is the easiest thing to use and is safe. You can send and receive money so it's great for your business if you are selling art.

Diana Lee
03-17-2011, 07:27 PM
I've been using PayPal for at least a decade. I even have one of their bank cards. I consider them easy and safe. When I do shows my husband brings his laptop so we can accept payment through PayPal.

Diana

PatrickHedges
03-17-2011, 07:41 PM

Just putting a freeze on this as we have an issue with Paypal and legalities of monies into as yet not a not for profit account. Once this is sorted, we'll let you know but do not put any money in at the moment.

Diana Lee
03-17-2011, 08:01 PM
What if we already have?

PatrickHedges
03-17-2011, 08:07 PM
What if we already have?
Covered in this thread (http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13682870#post13682870) Diana :)

lorna12
03-17-2011, 09:01 PM

Just putting a freeze on this as we have an issue with Paypal and legalities of monies into as yet not a not for profit account. Once this is sorted, we'll let you know but do not put any money in at the moment.

And now we don't have to worry about it as the issue has been resolved to our advantage! So please go ahead and make your donations thru PayPal with no worries.

annamelia
03-17-2011, 09:31 PM
I've made my donation to the Seed Fund via PP and no problems this end, can't wait for everything to be underway.

Obedec
03-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Me too! yesterday!

Diane Cutter
03-18-2011, 07:48 AM
I sent something to the email address. I was just wondering about receipts for tax purposes. Any ideas?

Diane

Oops... I'm traveling and just caught up with the rest of the thread(s) on this. I certainly can wait until things are resolved...

kenmacf
03-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Taxing status of the organization will have to be attended to once the organization is up and running with a board of directors. Until then, legally we are not a non-profit or charity.

Diane Cutter
03-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Yes, I realized that after I posted my question... My bad for not paying attention to the whole thread.

Diane

GoldenArt
03-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks for all the great work. Rick

kodik9
03-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Sending off my seed $$. Keep up the amazing work! :D

PatrickHedges
03-24-2011, 03:23 AM
I've closed the topics in this forum that have been dealt with. The interim board will be having meetings and ironing out incorporation / membership issues and we'll use this forum to provide feedback on an ongoing basis until it's all completed (which will be a few weeks to months away).

Feel free if you want to be a part of the seed fund to get things kicked off. This thread explains things.

Thanks for all your input :)