PDA

View Full Version : ISSA Bylaws

Diana Lee
03-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Are we going to be putting the ISSA Bylaws Draft here?

Diana

lorna12
03-14-2011, 06:30 PM
This would be the place for it but a Mod will have to do it. I'll PM Patrick as Cathy is away for a week.(though she may check in)

PatrickHedges
03-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Done - thanks for the pm Lorna :)

lorna12
03-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Thank you Patrick!:thumbsup:

Rodman
03-15-2011, 09:44 AM
At some point....we will need to set up or figure out how we want to do nominations for offices...and our elections. Terms of office and responsibility of each?

Im not sure...I really just don't remember... how long someone holds office... if that isn't set up we need to talk about that.

lorna12
03-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Rod...according to the bylaws so far,...

Ninety (90) days before the annual meeting, the Board shall appoint a nominating committee of three (3) members of the Board. Any member in good standing may nominate an Associate, Signature or Master Member for the Board of Directors by submitting his or her name to the nominating committee. The nominating committee will be responsible for interviewing proposed candidates to ascertain: (1.) Their commitment to the aims of ISSA (2.) Their willingness to serve on the board (3.) Their commitment to attend at least half of the Board meetings. The nominating committee shall submit their recommendations to the Board for final review.
Section 2
The Board shall provide a list of candidates to the membership at least three weeks before the annual meeting.
Section 3
Voting may be done via mail or electronically. The individuals with the most votes shall be selected.
Section 4
Directors and officers shall serve for a one year period with their term starting the first day of the calendar year.

Since we need to nominate and elect a board to start with, I suggest that we all think about it, contact who we'd like to nominate FIRST, to make sure that they would like to stand for the position you wish to nominate them to, and then open nominations in a new thread next Monday. How long should we leave nominations open for? A week??

This is all new to me too so if you have other suggestions, let us all hear them, folks.

Rod...I forgot to mention...the general duties of the officers are listed under Article V in the bylaws.

lorna12
03-16-2011, 12:52 AM
I see lots of people have peeked in here but are not posting anything. This is for all of us so please feel free to leave your comment, too.

PatrickHedges
03-24-2011, 03:25 AM
I've closed the topics in this forum that have been dealt with. The interim board will be having meetings and ironing out incorporation / membership issues and we'll use this forum to provide feedback on an ongoing basis until it's all completed (which will be a few weeks to months away).

Thanks for all your input :)