PDA

View Full Version : Nicker Poster Paint?! Anyone?

iRevo
03-11-2011, 04:27 AM
As the tittle says the thread is about the Watercolour-gouache mix brand called Nicker.

It is a Japaneese paint producer mark which is used ALOT from proffesional designers in Japan. Mainly used for breathtaking background paintings. For example the famous Oga Kazuo is using them.

So my question is if ANYONE knows a site where to buy these (asking mainly bcoz I heard that some US online shops might sell them)

Yes ofcourse I first tryied Japaneese sites such as Amazon.jp and/or deputy shops. But all let me know that those paints cant be shipped outside of Japan... Even tho they are waterbased colours lol... They are special in its consistency and behaivior on the paper. Its something like a perfect combination of classic watercolours and gouache. They dry opaque and have amazing coverage abillities on the paper, yet are not rly gouche paints! I was trying to achieve such effect with many gouache paint brands, but never got such fantastic color"ish" results as the look of those Nicker poster paints (there must be a reason why its soooo alot used in Japan...). They are quite cheap for gouache standards (not counting the shipping costs ofc). Its almost like HKS gouche from Schmincke, but many time cheaper and with alot of more paint volume.

So if anyone is using them and knows a way how to ship them out of Japan let me know please!

Thanks, iRevo

mossbot
08-12-2011, 12:12 AM
I have been looking for a supplier to North America for awhile too, if there are any updates to this topic I would very much appreciate it. :)

haihoi
11-28-2014, 02:23 AM
http://www.art-supplies-store.com/

M.L. Schaefer
11-28-2014, 10:48 PM
Thank you, HaiHo!!! That was kind of you! I've PM'd the persons who were wanting them...and I believe others are also wanting them, too! Lovely of you to share this! :) :)

Margarete