PDA

View Full Version : The problem with this channel...

Smudger
03-02-2003, 03:54 PM
The problem with this channel... is that i'm having so much fun checking out all the great paintings and discussions that i'm using up all my painting time. Anyone got any tips on self discipline?

BlackHorseDesign
03-02-2003, 04:22 PM
Wish I could find that cute AOL.wav someone sent me awhile back.

Step AWAY from the computer. Put the mouse down. Go OVER to your easel, NOW!

:D :D :D

What are you still doing here? GO! Go now! PAINT! I wanna see some work posted here. Yeah.

Does that help? ;)

Whups, guess I should go follow my own advice. Putting the computer in the studio was a BAD idea. hehehe Power outages are a grand thing. Arrange for one. Then you have nothing else to do but paint. Just have lots of candles on hand for light.

:rolleyes:

E-J
03-02-2003, 04:43 PM
Join the 'weekly pastels' thread! That way you can sketch for 30 mins and then you have an excuse to browse the posts when you show us your work :D

Dark_Shades
03-02-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Smudger
The problem with this channel... is that i'm having so much fun checking out all the great paintings and discussions that i'm using up all my painting time. Anyone got any tips on self discipline?

lol... why you asking us??? ...... were in here with you :D

... nope there is no known cure.... though symptoms do ease off slightly after a year :D .... if you are lucky you get this sort of bug..... that you cant help joining in on projects... at least it gets you painting

....... Welcome to your latest Addiction :evil: :D

bnoonan
03-02-2003, 07:38 PM
I've asked myself this question regularly - how do you break away to get painting done.

Now I just have to force myself to shut it off - typically about 45 minutes after I say I'm going to leave.

Not a help.

B:o

Luvy
03-02-2003, 10:38 PM
Well I know why I'm here tonight. I just finished putting back my studio/office together. The tiled floor has been finished and now so is everything else. I'm too tired to paint LOL BUT TOMORROW *S*

angecald
03-03-2003, 01:43 AM
Don't ask me! My best idea is to paint first, go on the computer later, but it doesn't always work out that neatly. In spite of the hours on WC, or rather because of them, I'm painting more now than I have in the past year. Question is, when do you eat, sleep and wash?

Smudger
03-03-2003, 05:28 AM
Well you lot were no help!!! I'm still here :-)
Still, glad to see i'm not alone, do you think they deal with this sort of thing at the Betty Ford?

Dark_Shades
03-03-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by angecald
Question is, when do you eat, sleep and wash?

yeah good question...... anyone got any answers lol ;)

bnoonan
03-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Agnes is right - my painting has been encouraged more with WC and personally I think improved with the ease of asking professionals for advice.

It may be time consuming - like the 25 e-mails I got today, but it's worth it.

Barb

Mikki Petersen
03-03-2003, 12:01 PM
I so agree with Barb! As much time as I spend here on the threads, I still manage to spend more time painting than I ever did before because I get so inspired by all that I read and view. Dawn is also right, that it does balance out after a while. You find you can trust WC to be there so you don't have to keep looking obsessively.

I think the best answer would be for voice technology to reach an affordable point where we could talk to the computer and paint at the same time. Someday...