PDA

View Full Version : Part II- From Pastel Workshop- 3rd Painting-Finished?

tvandeb
03-01-2011, 06:20 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Mar-2011/71359-Part_II-pastel_workshop-3rd_painting-030111.jpg Here's the 3rd painting from the Pastel workshop I took a couple weekends back. This one the instructor started us on it then we had to finish with the techniques I'd learned from the previous day. It looked okay when I looked at it, but when I scanned it something looks off, not sure what. So I'll rely on you all's input. :confused:
C/C and comments are most welcome...:wave:

pastel lover
03-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Hi Tammy,

I think it is lovely. The only thing I would suggest is that you paint out the downward pointing limb on the far right tree (clump of trees in middle ground). It isn't really necessary & kind of interfers with the soft, natural flow of the painting. Well done.

Tanja

nkoconnell
03-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Isn't taking workshops fun! I love the sense of depth that you achieved with the background trees, and I agree about that one tree limb - it interrupts the eye.

Nancy

tvandeb
03-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the comments. I do agree, maybe that's why it does not look right. The downed log to the right looks like its coming out of the tree, at least my interpretation. I'm going to remove it... Thanks again:wave:

allydoodle
03-03-2011, 07:45 AM
Nice job, it looks like you're really enjoying your workshop. I would agree that tree limb is a bit distracting. An easy change if you decide to do it. I especially like that tree line in the distance. Nicely done!