PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Monday 28th February 2010 ***

doppler
02-28-2011, 01:46 AM
Good afternoon from a very hot and sunny South-east Queensland.

I'm still waiting for the sun to settle behind the trees a bit so I can go out and water the garden.

As promised ... some photos of the Secret Forest that we mowed yesterday. It DOES look nice when it's mowed and worth the sweat and labour. The brown patch is where I have been trying to kill grass ... with grass clippings.... and have planted in tree-ferns.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2011/141006-Secret.jpg

Tree at the top has this magnificent elkhorn fern growing on it and another starting above.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2011/141006-secret2.jpg

Round the other side of the house the pink tibouchina has burst into blossom ... this one is for you Darla. It's our last official day of summer here and our days are becoming perceptibly shorter. Your spring IS on the way :heart:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2011/141006-Secret3.jpg

and one more to show brotherly love ... about 3 seconds before little spat. After all, Boo ... Doppler was up there first.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2011/141006-Kitties.jpg

Hope everyone has a good day.

Yorky
02-28-2011, 02:58 AM
Good morning Annie and all to follow.

Lovely photos, so exotic with the Elkhorn fern just growing there.

Our garden is showing signs of life again with some primulas beginning to open and some tulips budding.

It's a pleasant morning, blue sky showing through damp looking clouds.

Doug

nola276
02-28-2011, 03:27 AM
Hi Both, Melting here and for about 10 minutes had some wet stuff dropping from the sky. Don't know what it is, maybe the sky is falling! Kids coming for dinner tonight so am serving seafood mornay with crayfish, prawns and fish in it. Also wine onions etc. Got to go, they're here.

doppler
02-28-2011, 03:42 AM
WHAT? Nola is it raining in the WA?

Your dinner puts mine to shame ...

Actually we are GOING to have a healthy salad of various lettuces, basil, parsley and whatever else has got out of control in the garden (except morning glory which shall reach it's fate this weekend) .. with last nights roast chicken remnants .. it's all just getting better isn't it :lol: I'll galvanise courage and probably nuke some taties to have with butter (Logicol .. low cholesterol "butter" .. the chocolate and icecream man doesn't notice) . Bought tomatoes because it's not that ours have withered on the vine, it's that the vine has withered before they had a chance to do ditto.

Doug .... :heart: primulas!!!

Lulu
02-28-2011, 04:27 AM
Hi everyone:wave:
Last day of summer and it's been another warm day.
LOVE the photos Annie! gorgeous cats and your garden looks like a tropical paradise.

Nola, yum meal you are cooking!

Doug, I can just picture your garden now, spring is a lovely time.

Just home from the movies and dinner out with friends.
The movie 'The King's Speech' is excellent, well worth seeing. Lots of laughs in it too, very well acted.
But we had a scary part when the mall evacuation sirens went - we thought at first it was part of the movie but then it just kept getting louder and we realised it was serious. Fire engines came, but it all seemed to be a false alarm, after 20 mins later we were allowed back in to watch the rest of the movie!
Then we dined at a Thai restaurant with our friends, each with memories of our trips away last year. Was a lovely catch up, it's been that long since we've seen them, and we spent the same days in Vienna too (on different tours).

Off to read up on the monarchy - we are a bit uncertain about who ruled when!

Nite:wave:

shipbroker
02-28-2011, 04:52 AM
Morning all...

Bit late in but I went back to bed!.......Well an A- night best this year,7 hours with only a couple of very brief awakenings,then the opportunity to doze on another hour..splendid....but how??

Grey and has been damp............plans few at moment apart from a later visit to local German owned supermarket to see what their Monday Specials are..

rgds

geoff

laudesan
02-28-2011, 05:10 AM
:wave: Annie, Doug, Nola, Lulu, and Geoff...

It has been very warm here. I waited until after 4.00pm, then wandered down to the local park for a photo shoot of the Lorikeets, and to do a sketch. The dar Lorikeets took off as soon as they saw me. I am thinking it is my red hair. :lol: I am going to wear my black hat next time :-)) I did get a couple of photos on the way.

This Lorikeet was peering at me suspiciously, and I snapped this just before he/she flew off.

This Minor Bird was being cheeky :-D She is sitting on the flowers of an Alexander Palm.

I wandered through the nature area, and then down into the park, where I settled myself down on a picnic table to sketch. I was there two hours, it was delightful.

When I got home my housemate took one look at me and wanted to ring the police. He thought I had been attacked :-D My hair was all over the place, I had blood running down my arms, and I was out of breath. The out of breath was the walk back up the hill to my house. The hair and blood were from the fallen tree I had to climb under to get down into the nature strip. :lol:

I think I will ring the council tomorrow and ask them to clear it, it is positively dangerous climbing under there. There is a prickly pear growing all through that tree, hence the blood. It is still growing, the prickly pear, it has a heap of buds on it..

:wave: to all coming in.. Love and hugs and healing vibes.. :heart:

Lulu
02-28-2011, 05:39 AM
Hi JJ, lovely pics!

Am off to bed, but wondering if anyone can direct me to instructions for creating a signature photo line please? (or whatever it's called). Have had a quick look but can't find anything.

Yorky
02-28-2011, 05:47 AM
You need to assemble your pictures into a banner maximum 468pixels wide x 60 pixels high. I create a blank then resize images adjust them and paste them into the blank before saving with jpreg optimizer to bring the file size down - mine are usually under 10k size. There's an article on the process HERE (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/5712/608/index.php).

Then just go to MYWC/Edit signature and upload the banner there.

I have different sigpics according to my mood:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2011/1046-Sigpicselection.jpg

Doug

ReggieS
02-28-2011, 06:21 AM
Morning all! I started to write a long post last night and fell asleep. Missed most ofvthe AC Awards too. PAT- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!- hope you had a great one!

JJ and Annie- fab pics this am!!! thanks for sharing! a pleasure to see first thing in the am!! Love those 2 kitties Annie!!

Geoff- glad you slept well!

Doug - I'm sure you have a busy day planned!

morning Nola! We have something dropping from the sky now too....SLEET!!!!UGH!!! If it continues I may not go to work!!Ir is supposed to turn to freezing rain all am!! Not good!!

Gotta run!

Have a great day all! til later!

Reggie

monikadeo
02-28-2011, 06:29 AM
Annie, lovely photos. That made a refreshing start to the wash :)

JJ, you have captured some real good shots!

Here it's supposed to be end of winter and start of summer and guess what, it's raining right now :eek: The weather has gone completely crazy!

One of my friend has an exhibition in a local art gallery over the weekend. Not a solo one but combined with 2-3 other artists. I plan to go and see it.

Have a good day all ... :wave:

-Monika.

painterbear
02-28-2011, 06:42 AM
Good Morning all,
It is just past 6:30 a.m. here in soaking wet Oakwood. We've had quite the rain storm overnight and more on the way today. There was thunder and lightning and downpours on and off all night long. May get some flooding in the area according to the weather prognosticators.

Busy, busy day today. We have an appointment with the physical therapist at the Base Hospital for Larry's wrist exercises this morning. Hope he shows some improvement, he has worked really, really, really hard since last Wednesday when he was last in.

Then home again jiggledpeg, snatch a bite for lunch and head down to Hithergreen Center for my painting class. I actually have two painting starts I'm happy with, so I'll have something to work on for a change. :D

Annie, Your little area of Australia is beautiful. I know it is a lot of work, but your secret forest and other areas are really lovely. The stag horn fern on the tree is a dramatic image and the two brothers getting ready to quarrel about that particular little part of the BIG fence is a riot.

Fun photo of the lorikeet peeking out at you, JJ.

Lulu, Quite an adventure while watching the movie. Glad it was a false alarm though. I'm looking forward to seeing The King's Speech too.

Monika, Enjoy your friend's exhibition. Ditto to the weather going crazy.

Reggie, Stay safe. It is so dangerous to be out on the road when the surface is covered with ice...even if you are driving safely, someone else may not be. :D

:wave: to Geoff, Nola, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

shipbroker
02-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Just spotted a quotation that may be relevant to some here.....

Lebanese Poet called Khalil Gibran said 'Parents'....."the bow from which your children as living arrows fly"......

Thought that was a nice way of putting it.

geoff

ScarletLake
02-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Morning All

I have been under the weather with a monster cold since Friday evening. I really have not felt like being on the computer so will try and catch up this week.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Anita

Uschi
02-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

It's drizzling here too, temps just above freezing.

Plans for today can be said in one sentence, work at the gallery until 2:00 p.m. and table tennis afterwards.

Annie, LOVE your garden!!!!!!

JJ, nice photos, sorry the greenery attacked you:)

Lulu, I too thoroughly enjoyed that movie, sorry it was so rudely interrupted. I just heard on the radio that it received 4 Oscars.

Geoff, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: about your good sleep!!!

Sylvia, I hope Larry gets a pat on his back and enjoy your class!!

Time to get ready. Doug, Nola, Reggie, Anita, Monika :wave: to you!!!

Uschi

CharM
02-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Good morning... :music: It's raining, it's poring, the old man is snoring... :music: And our temperature is above freezing at the moment... I'm not sure what the day will bring weather-wise, but we've had everything from sleet to thunder boomers during the night.

Our satellite tv is *down*, so I can't watch the news this morning... I like to turn on the CBC while I have my coffee and chat here with you... but the absolute quiet is wonderful, too, while the rest of the house slumbers... :) I'm a little surprised that we have internet (it's usually the first to go)...

I slept reasonably well and didn't take anything for my cold... I feel better this morning than I did yesterday even though my throat is a little sore... the congestion is loosening, so I'm on the mend.

And it's a good thing I have a little more energy, because my Students will be here in less than 2 hours and I have *stuff* to do... It has become my routine to swiffer the floors and clean the bathrooms before they arrive... and get all things art-related set up and ready to go... it makes for a busy morning, but I like being regimented to that schedule...

Oh, speaking of Students... here are a couple of pics from my Bottles workshop... they're a talented bunch!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2011/20514-Class1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2011/20514-Class2.jpg

Annie, I really like seeing pictures from your magical garden... that fern is absolutely amazing! I've seen elkhorn ferns, but never growing naturally...

Hi Doug... it's going to be awhile before we see anything emerging from the ground here... the frost has to leave it first... :)

Nola, since I'm deathly allergic to seafood, your dinner does not sound good to me... but I'm sure that your family loved it! :)

Now that's an exciting evening out, Lulu! The King's Speech won several awards at the Oscars last night, including Best Picture... and Coin Firth took Best Actor...

Mmmmm... I love German food, Geoff... so nice that you actually managed to get yourself a bit of decent sleep! What a nice quote...

Lovely photos, JJ... the prickly pears grew everywhere in Mexico where I worked... the flowers from them were magnificent and I never snapped a single photo of them... :confused:

I hope you didn't have to drive in to work on icey roads, Reggie!

Hi Monika... your weekend plans sound nice...

Sylvia... you have TWO paintings ready to go! Wow... wishing Larry good luck with his appointment this morning...

((Anita)) I hope you begin to feel better today!

Your day is a busy one as usual, Uschi! Enjoy!

Ok... I've putzed here long enough... It's time for me to get some things accomplished... So, I'll wish everyone the very best possible day! :heart:

Strawberry Wine
02-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Good Monday Morning Washers!

Hovering around 0 C. with huge white snowflakes falling gently.

We had a fun dinner out with Liam and Family last evening. Gillian, Dan and I gave him his birthday presents at the restaurant. He was a happy camper as we both gifted him with the new love of his life.. LEGO. When he returned home he quickly had his bath and got ready for bed so he could have 20 minutes of Lego time. He was at step 12 of 34 when it was time to get into bed and turn out the lights. Both sets are age 7 - 14 and he enjoys the challenge of putting the more difficult sets together.

Char, your students completed their bottle paintings beautifully. You are a gifted instructor.
If you remember I had the type of cold virus last September and it was a couple of weeks before it even thought about surrendering. I did not run a fever and did not feel the need for antibiotic's either. Just rest as often as you need to as it really lingers on.. Just when you think you are over it ; it returns with a vengeance.

Beautiful photos Annie. I would love to stroll in your "secret forest"

JJ, good shot of the Lorikeet. Show us your sketches. I return home in that state when I have been wild raspberry or blackberry picking. :)

Uschi enjoy your day. We need to see your acrylic landscape, Please.

Geoff, glad you slept well again. May the trend continue

Monika, when Spring arrives here the temperatures warm up a little and the snow becomes rain.

Dan and the dogs have surfaced so I will pour myself another coffee and have our morning chat.

Cheers to all,

Gail

olliewood0702
02-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Hello everyone,

It's MONDAY MORNING once again and am at work busily keying away.:rolleyes:

I didn't sleep well last night and seemed to watch the clock ticking away the hours. Laura seemed to not sleep too well either. It poured most of the night and there are flood warnings/watches all around us.

The temp is hovering at 30F though so ice is setting up everywhere. I heard there was a roll-over accident on the freeway. There is black ice all over. One of my co-workers fell walking up the walkway this morning so more salt had to be thrown down.:confused:

The sun is supposed to pop out this afternoon though so that is something to look forward to.

THANK YOU ANNIE!! for those lovely pink Tibouchina flowers!! They made my day.:thumbsup: :heart: What gorgeous pics you've posted....the lush greenery and that elkhorn fern is AMAZING! Loved the two furkids pic too.

JJ, you must have looked a sight when you arrived home. Thanks too for those lovely pics. I hope they clear out the prickly pears so that next time you won't get "beat up" snapping pics.:crossfingers:

((((ANITA))) so sorry you are under the weather. PLEASE rest and get well soon. Believe me I KNOW what you are going through with your son. Been there done that MANY TIMES! Hopefully he'll mature sooner than later; it took my Justin until THIS YEAR....and he's 28! Sorry if that burst your bubble. He's our baby and it seemed like he just didn't know what he wanted to do; but since enrolling in SAE he's SO excited and doing well.:thumbsup:

((CHAR)) glad to hear your cold is loosening it's hold on you. WOW....what talented students you have. But I think the marvelous teacher they have has something to do with it.;)

I just am SO GLAD tomorrow is the beginning of March and if it comes in like a lamb; which is what they are saying then it'll most likely go out as a lion BUT....by then it'll be April and Spring will have arrived.:clap:

I've set the date for Jennie's baby shower as April 2nd up in our hometown. I'm already planning it and she's getting excited. I cannot say the girls are any happier lately with the impending addition.:rolleyes: They are teenagers after all. They are trying to adjust to their Dad being a part of their lives on a daily basis but alas.....they still say they liked things as they were before.:(

I hope you all enjoy your day and make it a happy one.:wave: :grouphug:

BDorsa
02-28-2011, 10:36 AM
:clap: hello dear ones

I painted some ACEOs ysterday for the People Places Things project here on WC & plan on doing some more today. Slept well & feel well so far today :)

Annie: guess the cool breezes I sent you way have not arrived yet :( . Beautiful gardens & landscape...thanks for sharing. Cute Kitties !!

Nola: enjoy your seafood dinner with your family

Lulu: sounds like you had a very nice evening

Geoff: :clap: glad you got a good night of zzzzzz's

JJ: :eek: be careful !! thanks for sharing the pics

Sylvia: I hope Larry's therapy goes well.

Anita: (( feel better )) :heart:

Char: thanks for sharing the pics from your workshop...you are a wonderful teacher

Darla: stay safe on those icy roads

Hello Doug, Reggie, Monika, Uschi, Gail & all who swing by later.

:grouphug: hugs all around :grouphug:

ona
02-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi:wave:

I've just spent a couple of hours painting with soft relaxing music on..... heaven:D I am so lucky

now I need to get ready to spend the afternoon at the hospital... less fun:( but thought I'd pop in here and say hi first.

I hope the frame arrives soon too JJ:crossfingers: Love your photos and yours Annie.

Thanks Lulu and Uschi for your comments about my painting so far and the blog. I'm learning a lot as I explore. Its just me. I know a lot of you go to workshops and get a lot out of them. I work best experimenting on my own,setting myself a challenge and exploring the possibilities... I always have. I guess we all grow in different ways.

(((Anita))) (((Char))) (((Darla))) (((Bill))) (((Lyn))) and anyone else with colds or who are feeling under the weather... spring will be here soon I hope.

well I must go or I'm going to be late:eek: some cybers hugs would be apprec iated. Its going to be a difficult afternoon.

Ona

BDorsa
02-28-2011, 11:17 AM
((((( lots of love & hugs ONA )))))

happhoto
02-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Happy Monday Washeroo's!!

Had a quiet weekend with my Annie, she is on a course of antibiotics for her inner ear infection and by this morning she seemed much better for it. Hopefully it will continue to get better, as she insisted on going to school today:rolleyes: . Temps are just above freezing and every so often we get mixed snow and rain...then just rain...

We did go out for a bit on Sunday. Went to a local conservatory and enjoyed the orchids that were blooming:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2011/127935-orchid_a.jpg

and:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2011/127935-orchid_b.jpg

and found this strange fellow peering at us!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2011/127935-looking.jpg

It was nice to get out...Usually Anne spends most of the weekend doing nothing but school work and planning and grading...:eek: I took the all work and no play rule into force!!

Annie, your garden is indeed a wonderful place! LOVE the staghorn fern, we have them here too...but all too often when they are found in the wild someone will come and "collect" them:mad: !

Doug our crocus are up and blooming...but my back has kept me from getting down to a low enough level to get a good shot of them.

Nola, that sounds like a grand dinner! My Annie would not like it though! She is Annie of the NO fishes!!:lol:

LuLu, 10 years ago today we had our last big tumbler...6.8, lasted for almost a minute..."fortunately" over the years we've had our share of quakes so many of the unsafe buildings had already been "downed" and all new construction has to be "quakeproofed". They say we are due for another big one anytime now... LOOVE thai food!! Glad you had a day out with friends, even if it did get interrupted!

Geoff, and A- night? :thumbsup:

JJ Blooodied but not beaten!!:thumbsup: The things we do for our art!! Glad you had a good time!! Loved the lorikeet shot...shy little fella!

Reggie I did not even watch the Oscars! SIL had a big Oscar party but we were just not up to (a) being up that late on a school night (b) being up for the drive to and from, about 35 miles each way and (c) we didn't have to get dressed up to stay home!! Hope you made it to work safely!!

Monika...we have rain too...but then we have dry summers and wet fallwinterspring!! :o Have fun at the gallery show with your friends!!

Sylvia, sounds like you have a busy day ahead! Good wishes for Larry! I'd be willing to bet he'll hear good things from the therapist, he's been working hard!!

Anita, hope you feel better fast!!

Uschi..I only have one thought about all those fancy dresses and such...simple and elegant is best...think of Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast at Tiffany's"...She made black dresses look GOOD!!

Char your bottles workshop went splendidly!! Looks like a lot of winners there!!

Gail, Glad Liam is enjoying the lego's!! I had erector sets and Lincoln Logs!! Oh, and blocks...lots of blocks!!

Darla, sorry you're fighting the winter blues again! Have you ever tried one of those "SAD" (Seasonal Affected Disorder) lights? I have a friend who swears by hers!! Here in Washington the land of perpetual rain, we have a LOT of the winter blues!! Hope you feel more positive soon!!:grouphug:

Bridget, glad you got to paint over the weekend!!

Ona :grouphug: you KNOW we are all pulling for you! You have gotten so much more brave about going to the hospital! I hope the frame arrives soon TOO!!

well gang it's monday...so it's Chores and Errands for me!!:eek:
back later!
hap

Europa
02-28-2011, 12:06 PM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Just watching the Oscars - I recorded it as it was on around 1.30am here and was on for four hours - mind you they have people in a studio babbling on inbetween - waste of space - am not interested in them - just want to watch the darn programme - so with recording it I can fast forward through the bits I don't want to watch.

My friend Teresa came around this afternoon - she missed my birthday celebrations on Friday - always good to see her - she bought me a lovely present of a cup with a friend quote on it which is going to go on my display shelf in my room.

Was in the office this morning - not much to catch up on - although my flipping car insurance has gone up by over 30 pounds a month so have been checking the comparison websites - found one which is only a tenner more so think I will go for that one.

Mum and I went for our blood tests - it wasn't our usual nurse but by eck she was quick - both Mum and I were literally in and out in 3 mins - no time for chit chat either.....LOL. I was glad really though as I wanted to get home and get something to eat having been fasting since 11.30 last night.

Love the photos in today's wash - so varied.

Have decided am hooked on Liquorice Allsorts - I must go through a couple of bags a week :eek:

Better make a move - waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

CharM
02-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Hiya... my morning group has gone and I'm having a bite of lunch... I made my breakfast, but forgot to eat it and cold toast is just plain yucky... :) The kids always end up staying long past their end-time... but, we get so absorbed in what we're doing that we lose all sense of time... The afternoon group will begin arriving in less than 40 minutes...

It's beginning to get colder outside, but the rain has stopped... it's just a miserable raw and grey day...

A belated or early (depending on how we're celebrating this one) Happy Birthday to Liam! Bless his heart with the love of lego... We still have tons of it here and I bring it out for my Grandgirls now...

Darla... mark my words that your Grands will be so thrilled with the new baby you won't believe it... teenagers or no... :)

Sounds like you're having a great day, Bridget!

Ona... yours is a natural talent that is unique and very special to you... I did peek in to your blog and your longhouse is really taking shape... I'm sending good thoughts and positive energy your way... ((()))

Hi Hap... I was given an orchid a couple of weeks ago... first time I've ever had the privilege of taking care of one... and I hope that I don't murder it... it's blood red and absolutely gorgeous... I love the textures in that third photo!!! That would be fun to paint... no one would realize what it is, but it would still be fun... :lol:

Ok... I HAVE to get going... :wave:

EDIT: We x-posted Pat!!! ((()))

Lulu
02-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Morning all from a sunny Cambridge, going for 27C today. Need rain though, which is forecast for tomorrow.

Thanks for that Doug.

((((Ona))))

Hap, on the news this morning they said that Christchurch will be re-built as a low rise 'neighbourhood' city, and they may move the CBD.
I'm sure they will re-build the Cathedral though, that was iconic.
I'm so glad I've taken many photos of the city during my many visit, it was such a beautiful city.

Meeting of the gym 'girls' today so must get moving here and get breakfast.

MRSBB
02-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone. Just popping in to say hi to all my washer friends. Yea!!!!!!!! We have a nice sunny day today and most of the snow is gone or melting fast away.

I was thinking of Gail. Won't be long now for your get-a-way. I was glad to see the sun and hope it's nice and warm for your trip. Being the worry wart that I am, I just have to tell you, Please do not take any cab rides.

Love seeing all the photos in the wash today. We are such a visual bunch of people. It cheers me to see colorful birds and flowers in winter.

Darla, I am thinking of you and sending special sunshine to cheer up your spirits. I am also so effected by the winter doldrums. Stay happy my friend and keep having fun. Your a special person.

Ona, good luck with your hospital visit. I bet you are getting anxious over the frame by now. Hope it gets there in time. Happy painting.

Hap, I hope Anne is feeling better. Good you got out and got some cheerful flower photos.

Char, your students did a wonderful job on the bottles. There beautiful. Boy you are busy with all your students. Have fun.

Lulu, your muffins are all gone. Next time I go to Tucson, I will make some for my Sis and Bob's Mom. They were a hit in this house.

To all I missed, Hi and have a happy and creative day.............Lenore

happhoto
02-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Chores and errands done for the day....well if you don't count cooking dinner and the dishes clean up!:o

Lenore yes, Anne went back to school today feeling much better, but she still has 5 more days on antibiotics. Glad your weather got better! Here's what ours looked like just before I went out on errands,
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Feb-2011/127935-snow.jpg

Hopefully you can see the big snowflakes falling down! Now it's sunny and blue skies!! Crazy weather we have!!

Lulu I was just chatting with a friend in Aukland and he says they'll rebuild better than ever! Gotta love that Kiwi Spirit!!:thumbsup:

Char, I love that photo too, it's a split leaf Philodendron that is positively ANCIENT! We went so I could get some good bird of paradise flower photos...and guess what? They cut the blooms off last week!!:( Still it was a good outing with Anne and we enjoyed the time together!!

Pat, sorry I missed your Birthday! Happy Happy!!!:thumbsup: You're still a young'en though!!

have fun gang!!
hap

ona
02-28-2011, 07:56 PM
hi:wave:

i just got back from the hospital. I hate that place. I have to see a rhumatologist now(another one to add to the list) and the cardiologist again. My kidney doctor nearly had a fit when my heart rate was 160+ per minute sitting down.I've also been told the specialists agree i should not go back to work. They dont think i will be strong enough to handle the pressure plus schools are a breeding ground for germs so they are going to inform the disability person who is in charge of my case at work. I feel numb in a way. I just dont know what to think.

Ona

Lulu
02-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Glad everyone is enjoying the muffins!

Have just come back from town, been to the gym, coffee with my gym friends, then a walk. The whole country stopped for two minutes silence at 12.51pm in memory of the same time last week when the 'quake hit.
I was still in town at the time and it was extremely moving to see people standing just where they were, anywhere and everywhere, and traffic came to a standstill too, at intersections, people dining on the sidewalks stopped chatting and stood, etc etc.

Oh Ona:grouphug: your poor heart, both emotionally and physically:grouphug:

happhoto
02-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Ona :grouphug: We know how hard it is for you, and to be told that you can't go back to work must be a crushing blow:( . Somehow though, I don't think you'll give up on going back, I think you'll keep fighting and slowly winning until you DO get back to helping your students!!:thumbsup: Keep fighting and keep winning!!

Lulu, Glad you were able to share with us what spirit your countrymen have! I'd be PROUD to be a Kiwi!!

Just got a phone call from MY Annie...she's on her way home from school She only stayed an hour and a half extra today:eek: She must still be feeling ill!!

back later (I hope!)
hap

Lulu
02-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Yes, Hap, I am enormously proud to be Kiwi.
Hugs too for your Annie ((())) Hope she's feeling better soon.

laudesan
02-28-2011, 10:34 PM
:grouphug: (((((ONA)))))

muvs32
02-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Hello all, this is Mark and I am a first time wash poster :wave:

I have had a pretty fine day, what with all the encouragement I received from you guys here after posting a piece of my work. I also got to walk my dog plus my sister's two with a combined weight of about 185 Lbs. :rolleyes: they can certainly make a simple walk around the block a bit of an adventure!

Hope to get to paint something tomorrow and have a read at the WASH. Till then, night all.

Be well, Mark.

Lulu
03-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Welcome Mark!

Yorky
03-01-2011, 02:35 AM
Welcome Mark, had to think - MD= Maryland?

Doug