PDA

View Full Version : Some things from my sister

muvs32
02-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Here is what I think is a splendid idea for the aspiring artist, or even old-timer, whipper-snapper artist :D My sister has been sewing for a hobby the past couple of years and I am the recipient of some wonderful gifts. The brush wrap I got for Christmas, the covered sketchbook I received two weeks latter on my (Jan.12) birthday :clap: I love these 2 gifts as much for the creativity as for their usefulness. I am certain anyone would be thrilled and honored to have these items given to them...and with a little practice this is a sewing project that could be done without years of training. I will truly use and cherish these items from my sister for years and years.

Here are some pics, thanks for taking a look at my prized possessions folk.
Mark.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Feb-2011/228972-new_pics_from_camera_029.JPGhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Feb-2011/228972-new_pics_from_camera_026.JPG

gmarie
02-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Mark, fabulous gifts, fabulous Sister/Brother love & respect.
Beautifully done work by your sister.
Thanks for sharing the appreciation & joy of your artful gifts.
I too love to work with fabric & especially sew.
The folks in Fiber Arts (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=430) would enjoy this as well.

muvs32
02-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Aww, thank you for your kind and thoughtful response gmarie I appreciate that much, and me and my youngest-older sister do have a very close and special relationship...I get sewn items and cupcakes, she gets drawings and paintings :D much love shared as well of course!

I was unaware of the fiber arts section (I should get out more often:) and reposted there for the fiber-artist among us. Thanks for recommending I do so for now I have a place for my sister to check out and perhaps become an active part of.

Be well, Mark.
(http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/member.php?u=45976)

gmarie
02-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Cool. I've always adored my brother. :grouphug:

CharM
02-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Oh, what fantastic and thoughtful gifts! Your Sister is a peach... and how lucky you are to share such a warm and close relationship! :heart:

laudesan
02-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Mark, what a wonderful sister you have. Cherish her :heart:

juneto
02-28-2011, 02:15 AM
It is So Great when Siblings love each other . I have a brother ( now gone from us ) and a sister, 10 and 8 years older than I am .He would be 88 and she is 86 and we have always gotten along well through our lives , a very loving manner , but living our own lives .
You appear to be a Lucky guy too . It doesn't happen very often .
A Beautiful gift !
June:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :) :) :)

olliewood0702
02-28-2011, 01:53 PM
WONDERFUL gifts; and your sister is very talented too! These kinds of gifts are so thoughtful and sentimental. they are something you'll always treasure I'm sure.

P.S. I see your computer was open to WetCanvas too!!:thumbsup:

muvs32
02-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks for all the responses as it helped me to reflect on the relationship with my older sister, I have to more who are older then me still but me and Kelly are the closest:)

I truly have never taken her for granted and hope never to do so. We have lived quite close to each other the last several years and take our dogs to the park together as well as other travels. We tend to give each other the best gifts out of all the family, whether hand made or no.

Guess a good lesson to all is to be proud and loving toward your family and forget them not..."there is time in life" an elder friend used to tell me before he past, but "to waste time is inexcusable" he would add. I try to take that to heart...and you get some pretty cool gifts out of it once in a while too:thumbsup:

Haha, yes Darla, I had noticed I was logged in to Wet Canvas to after I posted the pics, shows that I don't "waste" my computer time.

P.S. If anyone would like to share with me some of their rare, found items, gifts, ext. that pertain to painting and art in general I would like to see them. Just a thought.

Be well all, Mark.

KreativeK
03-01-2011, 11:19 AM
These are wonderful and thoughtful gifts, Mark, thanks for sharing. I'm close to both my brothers, too, but they are not friendly with each other am sad to say.

nola276
03-03-2011, 01:34 AM
I too have a brush wrap similar to yours, which my friend made for me. It is really great, but the only problem is if I fold the top down too short for the brushes and then I bend the hair on them:crying:. I found it useful to put a long bamboo stick into the brush pockets on both ends, so that I couldn't close the top down too short for the brushes. Cheers, Nola.

muvs32
03-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Re: KreativeK, thanks for the response and what I do with my sisters who don't always get along is...stay neutral and be there for them both :o

Thanks for the advice Nola, I'm going to use some chopsticks I have handy for what you have suggested.