PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Wednesday 23rd February 2011 ***

Yorky
02-23-2011, 03:00 AM
Good morning all, first up? Looks like it.

Praying for the people of Christchurch. They are still pulling people out. What devastation!

Slept well last night after playing chicken foot until late.

Best wishes to all who are under the weather.

Doug

Lulu
02-23-2011, 03:14 AM
Hi Doug and all to follow.
Have had a day of quiet painting which has been quite therapeutic, but took myself off to the gym for some exercise this afternoon.
Awful devastation in Christchurch, looks like a war zone. Our prime minister has declared this a national emergency, the first in the history of our country.
I have heard today that all the houses in one of my friend's streets have all been demolished by the earthquake, although they think their own may possibly be salvagable.
Other friends are being evacuated because of safety issues around their property. At least they are alive though.
Searching will continue into the night, please pray for the safety of all those involved.

I didn't sleep very well last night, which is not surprising, so am off to bed early.

nola276
02-23-2011, 03:15 AM
Hi Doug, yes you're right, devastation big time. :eek:

Re Chicken foot, I love to play cards but DH doesn't like it, so i have to wait until we go caravaning to find someone to play with.

36c predicted here today, had a frolic in the spa about 2pm:D.

BBL, Nola

Edit. Hi Lulu. Xposted. Glad you were able to get some respite with watercolour.

Yorky
02-23-2011, 03:18 AM
Hi Lulu, hi Nola.

Nola, chickenfoot is a dominoes game played with double nines. Simple but fun - don't be caught with a double blank ;)

Doug

Lulu
02-23-2011, 03:22 AM
Edit. Hi Lulu. Xposted. Glad you were able to get some respite with watercolour.

It was with oils Nola:D

doppler
02-23-2011, 03:42 AM
Doug .. beating the women again??? :lol: Or vice versa ? :)

Nola .. sorry, we had showers again today. Husband and I were really stinky. :lol: Cats are really "stinky" with us after their "out" time was spoiled by rain. They have recovered, scoffed (back-hoed) dinner and are now quietly replete and drowsily obedient.
Lulu .. we will forgive you. All your friends are OK? :grouphug:

It's unimaginable incomprehensible horror. No words can say it ...

Lulu
02-23-2011, 03:46 AM
still waiting to hear of some Annie. Glad of the forgiveness lol Oils is my linus blanket at the moment, watercolour isn't - yet:)

Yorky
02-23-2011, 03:47 AM
Hi Annie, no, even-stevens last night.

Doug

madmum
02-23-2011, 03:50 AM
:wave:Popping in from the wilderness to say thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes yesterday! Thank you Sylvia for letting me know I haven't been forgotten here :lol:

Also, of course, a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my birthday twin Uschi, I see you haven't changed at all, still putting me to shame with your energetic life!

Shocking scenes in Christchurch, I hope the rest of your friends and their families are safe Lulu :grouphug:

Ruth

Yorky
02-23-2011, 03:51 AM
Hi Ruth, don't be a stranger here :heart:

Doug

doppler
02-23-2011, 03:53 AM
Ah Doug .. the rule of thumb .. one may not beat one's women with a stick thicker than thy thumb ... and thou may not beat thy woman if she hath a bigger one .. or is actually cooking dinner :lol: .. and when DH ( my thou) is actually having a late nanny nap only to be aroused very soonly by a very loud call to arms! I have no loud brass thingy to hit... so dulcet tones will suffice.

X post .. Happy Birthday Ruth!

monikadeo
02-23-2011, 04:23 AM
Hi Doug, Lulu, Nola, Annie, Ruth and all to follow!

NZ news does not look very good. Prayers for the people facing it directly or indirectly.

Thanks for the hugs and wishes :heart: Annie, Sylvia, Char, Hap, Gail. It made me feel a lot better.

Darla, thanks, and a HAPPY HUMP DAY to you :)

Bridget, thanks for the hugs and good wishes. No we hadn't met one-to-one. Nice to meet you here :)

(((Char))), get well soon! :heart:

My mom was detected with having a high BP and has started medication for that. She's much better now.

FIL has started another round of treatment, this time I think it's just some tablets and thankfully it's not painful.

Belated HAPPY BDAY to Uschi and Ruth! Hope both you girls had a wonderful day :)

(((JJ))) so sorry to hear about Monty!

Have a good day all :wave:

-Monika.

doppler
02-23-2011, 04:27 AM
(((Monika))) .. keep on keeping on. Glad your Mum is better and :crossfingers: for your FIL

shipbroker
02-23-2011, 04:28 AM
Morning all.....
NIce to see Ruth pop in...stranger these days!

Sleep..not as good as yesterday but will give it a 'b'.....but I did stay up till 2330 to watch the USA version of 'Who do you think you are?' with Spike Lee the Film Director...very good insight in slavery and the precise records that were kept and the fact that some had a significantly 'better' life than others.

Weather, wet and windy during night...much as now.

Plans for day changed as my Mother had another fall in the home last night,the first for a couple of years...possibly just tripped up whilst drawing the curtains..but at 96 next month will have to be looked at carefully...

rgds

geoff

Flattwo
02-23-2011, 04:41 AM
Hi to All

Dull and grey here this morning

Geoff I watched the programme about Spike Lee, and I agree with you, it was most interesting, and yes, some were "more equal than others"

Henry

laudesan
02-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Monika, blood pressure medication are a life saver. Stroke is a number one silent killer, and most folks don't even know they have high blood pressure until the are checked by their Dr's on a routine check up if the Dr is diligent! The medication will greatly improve her quality of life.

Jay, how is your mom?

Annie you had rain? We had none. I will need to water the garden tomorrow.

(((Geoff)))

:wave: Ruth.

Lulu, I have just watched the news. There are some good stories and not so good stories coming from Christchurch. Words are just not enough..

Doug I never did learn how to play dominoes.

I have just finished my resistance band exercises. I love the bands and the exercises. I will have no trouble hoisting on my back pack. :D

I went to my favourite coffee shop this afternoon, with the intention of sketching. Chrissy, the shop owner and my friens had bought some artificial flowers, and they were lying on the floor between the counters. I asked her why? (I tend to always ask questions) ;-) and talked myself into a job of flower arranging. She decided she needed some colour in the shop, so we got stuck in. 6 planter pots later they all looked a treat. Wish I had taken a photo now. The hardest part was bending the wire stems, to make the flowers stand up in the pots. Chrissy couldn't work out what to use to stabalise them with, she was thinking of using pebbles or those bean bag beans. She can't use either, if kids get hold of them and put them in places they are supposed to, or swallow them, she is liable. So I suggested she buy a bucket of sand, get some plastic bags and fill them with sand. Put them in the bottom of the pots, and scrunch up coloured tissue paper on top to disguise them. Cheap, ,effective, and child proof.

My dinner is ready..

Plus tarde..

:wave: Hugs and love. :grouphug:

painterbear
02-23-2011, 06:08 AM
Good Morning all,
It is almost 6:00 a.m. on a chilly morning here in Oakwood. The sky is beginning to lighten outside my window and I can see the shapes of the trees against the sky.

Today is my daughter Christine's birthday. We talked to her yesterday, unfortunately, she has developed a hematoma where she had the surgery. She went to see her primary care doctor and he prescribed an antibiotic because of the danger of infection and rest (i.e., no work for 7 days). Hopefully that will help the healing process as well. Kari and Casey are driving up to Pennsylvania to visit with her for a few days, so we sent her birthday presents along which should cheer her up a bit. I included the portrait of Quinn I painted last year in the box too. Here is a recent photo of Christine, our red headed daughter:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Feb-2011/9833-chris.jpg

Larry and I will be driving up to the Base this afternoon for his appointment with the occupational therapist. He's hoping she'll give him a more comfortable cast than the one he has now. So am I, frankly, maybe I won't have to hear "I hate this cast" five or six times a day. :rolleyes:

Seeing the news of the devastation and death and injury in Christchurch is so sad. I know it is even harder for those of you with friends and relatives in the area.

JJ, My husband uses those exercise bands too. A doctor prescribed them years ago for some problem he was having and it fixed it completely. He swears by them. Sorry about Monte's condition. My daughter Christine went through something similar a year ago with her beloved Pan. He too was 17 years old and having pain and other problems. She finally let the Vet help him go to sleep in her arms because she couldn't stand to see him hurting any more. :grouphug:

Monika, Now that your Mother is taking meds for the high BP, I think she will be feeling much better. Hope the doctors can help your FIL also feel a bit better.

Char, Hope your voice returns and your cold symptoms subside. White light beaming your way.

:wave: to Lulu, Geoff, Henry, Doug, Annie, Nola, Ruth, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

laudesan
02-23-2011, 06:23 AM
What a pretty girl Christine is. :grouphug: I hope the heamatoma dissipates quickly, and she doesn't succumb to am infection.

I will see how Monty is tomorrow, and ring Dr Mike again if he is worse.

Yorky
02-23-2011, 06:24 AM
Hi Sylvia - hope Larry gets that lightweight cast ;)

Best wishes to your daughter Christine Sylvia, I hope she makes a complete recovery.

Doug

nola276
02-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Hi Ruth, I don't believe i've met you before:)

Hi Monika, great to see you again.:wave:

Hi Geoff, Saw a program on T.V. last week. they stated that as we get older, we don't need a lot of sleep - only 4 - 6 hours. If that's true, how come we feel so cranky when we get our (so called) full quota:confused: Hope your Mum is o.k. My Mum is 92 and has osteoporosis, so if she falls she is in realtrouble.

Hi Henry:wave:

Hi JJ, sorry to hear of your problems with your dear cat.

Hi Sylvia, Happy birthday to Christine.

Well, it is getting on for 8 p.m. here, so will say goodbye and settle in front of the dreaded box. Cheers, Nola.

Scene Chaser
02-23-2011, 06:54 AM
Good Day All,
Christ Church is on my mind. Glad all your friends are safe, Lulu.

Nola, with temps like that, the spa must have cooled you off? :)

Geoff, Hope your ((mother)) is alright and has not broken anything.

JJ, So sorry to hear about Monty. Two pets in such a short time.

Sylvia, hope the antibiotics help your daughter. I can tell where she gets her smile.

Doug, I'm going to get some dominoes and learn how to play. You make it sound like so much fun.

Itís -4 F here and will feel much warmer when it reaches 30 F this afternoon.

It only took me 45 minutes to clean the drive yesterday. *I can follow the snow blower because I have something to hold on to, but I can't shovel; I just fall over.

I'm ordering a staff today to use as a support.

Fifteen minutes after I cleaned away the snow, *the plow came and put what was in the road, into my drive. *Only two days after it snowed.

Janet had rear break pads put on her Camry yesterday. *They also took a mouse nest out of the engine area, *She just doesn't drive it enough.

Therapy this morning then shopping for food with Janet.

I'm half-way through my vacation. *
Why do vacation weeks go by faster than work weeks?

Bill

CharM
02-23-2011, 07:08 AM
Good morning Washer Buds... I'm down with the cold... my ears are full and my throat is sore... As soon as Matt leaves for school, I'm going back to bed...

Lulu... I'm glad that you were able to find some solace in your art and I continue to pray for all of you...

JJ... I'm sorry to read about Monty's condition... it really is hard to let go... We've had to make that decision twice and it's just heartbreaking... :heart:

Sylvia, your Christine is a beautiful young woman... white light beaming to help heal that nasty haematoma.

I hope your Mom hasn't hurt herself, Geoff... such a worry...

Everyone... I don't have any more energy to reply individually today... I enjoy my morning visits here and reading about your busy plans... I hope you all have the very best possible day you can... :heart:

watercolourfanatic
02-23-2011, 07:14 AM
Morning All. :wave: 1202pm. 11.4C It's been raining all morning, and during the night, but appears to have stopped now.

I watch with horror the scenes in Christchurch and also the devastation in Libya, two very different scenarios but equally chilling. That's apart from several other lesser disasters, although not lesser to the people affected by them.

By comparison mine is a sea of tranquillity. We had the boys yesterday and Harvey was a little under the weather. My son rang to say Mackenzie had been sick during the night and what had he eaten yesterday that might have caused the sickness. Nothing was the reply as my wife is very strict in not giving them too much of what she calls `rubbish'. Of course they have `treats' but not excessively so.

Actually I'm not that tranquill as my saga of installing the latest version of Fix-It-11Pro rolls on and on. I've just sent my 21st e-mail to Avanquest and have almost as many back. Nothing works! Computers are great things but if you get problems with them, as in this case software, it can be a nightmare. One of the problems is that the support services resist talking you through the problem on the phone and everything is done by e-mail. I'm no technical expert but neither am I a dummy yet understanding some of the instructions is a nightmare. The problem is that the `experts' tend to assume you have a technical knowledge approaching their own. Enough of that though...

Good wishes to all and sympathy to all those with problems.:crossfingers:

Peter:)

ona
02-23-2011, 07:26 AM
(((Char))) feel better soon

Bill, that happens to us a lot too. Its so disheartening isnt it. In one way I'm pleased the road is plouged but the snow is so heavy to clear once its ploughed. Hope the staff helps.

Hope you get a good nights sleep Lulu:heart:

Good to see you Monika

Sylvia, Please send ((Christine)) my good wishes

:wave: to all

Ona

Europa
02-23-2011, 07:47 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Had to cancel our visit to my nephews new house as Mum isn't feeling too good - so after making sure she is settled in her chair am going to nip to the office for an hour or two to catch up with things.

Thoughts still with the people in Christchurch and their family and friends.

Had a wierd dream last night - I was looked out of my bedroom window and saw a lion which looked up at me then suddenly jumped up and came in through my window - I managed to dash out of my bedroom door and lock it - then ran into Mum's room to get her up and out of the house.

I could hear the lion crashing round my room (oooooh my collectibles) went to use the phone and found it wasn't working so decided to get to my car but the lion was at the window roaring and as I went to go out it jumped down so I had to go back in the house and you guessed it - the darn thing jumped back into my window. Then I woke up :eek: - last time I watch 'Lion Country' on the TV........LOL.

Oh someone at the door - bbl - waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

olliewood0702
02-23-2011, 08:40 AM
Hello all and Happy Hump DAY.:thumbsup: :wave:

Sylvia, Christine is lovely and I bet you'll just make her day with your gifts and with Kari's visit for her Birthday. Pray the hematoma heals right quickly.:heart: (((LARRY))) must be really tough!

(((BILL))) thinking of how much you've been through lately all because of your love for your furkid.:o

JJ, thinking of you too and (((MONTY))):heart: glad your exercise bands are working for you.

(((CHAR))) colds are absolutely NO FUN at all.:heart:

Hello Doug and Geoff!

Nola, g'day

Hello there LuLu....oils???:eek:
Ruth, don't be a stranger woman....we miss you here! How's JT??

Peter, yes horrible happenings all over our world. Makes one sad.:crying:

Pat hope (((WINNIE))) just has a quickly passing "bug" and will be her old self soon.:heart: LOL at your LION dream.:D

Ona, I'm hoping winter will soon be over with....and I bet you are too.:crossfingers:

I talked to my Mom last night on the phone and she told me that my Uncle, Dad's only brother has cancer. He was not even feeling ill. He had a stomach hernia and they didn't like the look of it when they removed it and sent it for diagnosis....cancer. He has a mass behind his stomach and it's in his blood. He's 79 and has open heart surgery and a spot they've been watching on his lung from working with asbestos for years. It's just so hard getting older and watching all my relatives (aunts and uncles) getting seriously ill and passing on. It really makes one realize you own mortality.:confused:

Another sunny day but frigid temps. Warmer tomorrow with some precipitation expected. Tomorrow is my Friday!!:clap:

Take care all and make it a great day.:wave: :grouphug:

Strawberry Wine
02-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Morning Washers from another very cold with brilliant sunshine and blue sky morning

Dan is heading to Toronto this morning and I need to do some house chores.. Dusting yuk, vacuuming, tidying etc. Mark and Sarah have just listed their house so may stay here off and on. If the Realtor decides to have an "open house" they will stay here for the entire weekend. Other wise our neighbours, Bill and Connie, will pop in once a day to feed the fish and birds.

NIce to see you here Ruth.. Pop in on a regular basis.

Reggie, we are staying at Allegro Playacar near Playa del Cameron.

Uschi, I keep forgetting that you asked about the Rabbit damage. Before Christmas they consumed all the raspberry canes down to ground level. I am not sure how this will effect them. I have not seen too much other damage but the snow is up to my thigh in the backyard and I haven't been able to a walk around.. should be able to soon.

Char, echinacea and vitimin C, fluids and rest.. Hoping your men, students and your friend remain well.

Pat, when Gillian was a wee baby I had a lion dream and later that week I read that an old lion named Clarence had taken a walkabout from a local zoo.

:grouphug: JJ and Kity :grouphug:

Bill, :) at the "falling over " Been there done that many a time Always try and stay close to something to hang on to. Difficult though.

Dan needs me to type up something to take down to the hospital so I will :wave: to all and BBL

:grouphug: Darla :grouphug:

Cheers,

Gail

JudyL
02-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Hiya :wave:
WW weighing in day, lost 1 1/2 pounds :clap: good meeting.

Pat speaking of dreams, I had a dream that I got lost in the back room of Debenhams, and was trying to get back to the public shop area. Not matter where I turned, I got deeper in the back rooms. I started to follow some workers who were going out a door, but it opened up in Africa! I woke up when I found myself on top of a pile of machinery, may have been on top of the working parts of an elevator, but everything was green!

Oh well, mustache, have to go check the mail.

shipbroker
02-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Afternoon all.......

Family expression 'God found he couldn't do everything - so he made Mothers'
Well that might be the case when we are young but some get to be a liability accidentwise when they are older....
Nola Hope your Mum is o.k. My Mum is 92 and has osteoporosis, so if she falls she is in real trouble.

Yes, my Mother has that too....in last nine years she has broken a shoulder blade twice, an elbow, an upper arm ( these two requiring real major re-building) a pelvis and a hip bone that I can remember.........Just been to see her and she has been lucky this time, severe bruising across her shoulders and a bump on the head.......Where I am very large and heavy she weighs about 90lbs only!...so she doesn't bounce.

Anyway she was waiting for her dinner when I got there so things are not too bad...I have cancelled the caravanning on Friday just so I am about if needed.

Back later

rgds
geoff

laudesan
02-23-2011, 09:21 AM
:thumbsup: Yay Judy!!!!! :clap:

(((Darla))) I think we all realise our mortality once we reach 50. I just told myself I had another 50 years to go. My cup is half full.

Gail - don't overdo it with all that cleaning.

Pat, Oh No!!! What is wrong with Nan? She was doing so well with her exercises too. Huge hugs from me, please tell her I love her, and give her a hug from me. Get her to give you one back from me too. Now that is two hugs, you hear!! :-)) Grinning at your dream. I have been having some weird ones lately too, I think it is because I have been late night snacking on my nuts and seed mix too late at night. Oooooops.

:wave: Ona :grouphug:

Peter, it is hard isn't it, trying to "fix" a pc via email. I am lucky that I have a good support team through my service provider. They are really good at talking me through things. Good luck with it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaw Char. Huge hugs. Colds suck. Thank heavens I can't remember the last time I caught one. Lemon and honey drink, rest up, good you are going back to bed. Have a couple of aspirin in water if you are able to take them. You are not asthmatic are you?

Bill, good for your ordering a staff. I would love one. I have a walking stick, but honestly, I find it hurts my back more, no matter what height I have it set at. I love it too. I remember the day Char and I bought one each.. They have butterflies painted on them. I have been on the lookout for a collapsible staff, one I can pack in my luggage. Hugs. Take care..

Have a great day all.. :wave: :grouphug:

Europa
02-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Pat, when Gillian was a wee baby I had a lion dream and later that week I read that an old lion named Clarence had taken a walkabout from a local zoo.

Gail
:eek:

Luckily for us we are about 20 miles from the main area here where they have lions and that is Knowsley Safari Park - although when I was living in Northern Ireland I remember a lion going awol from the local zoo in Belfast - all the roads blocked as we tried to get through - scary!!

I know it sounds wierd but lions really do scare me - I know you are supposed to be afraid of them.....lol.....but they just freak me out - now tigers are a different thing - I love them.

Geoff - glad to hear your Mum's fall wasn't more serious - it is a worry.

JJ - Mum is having the burning in her legs again - they are very hot and she said her back is hurting her - the guy who came yesterday advised her to have a pillow behind her in the chair rather than the small limp cushion she has now as it wasn't supporting her fully. So I put a pillow on for her - she said it was fine - then last night - it was on the couch and the old cushion was back. I give up!!! She just won't listen or try anything - aaaaaaargh!!!!!

She is supposed to have two pillows to sleep on to ease her shoulders - oh noooooo she can't sleep like that - I told her she hasn't given time to get used to it - I used to sleep with four pillows - now I only sleep with two.

Any new creams - they don't work - tablets - they don't work!!! :( Oh well mustn't complain - could be worse - it could be me ;)

Right am off home - see what joys await.......LOL

LUGGLES

Pat (who really does love her Mum :heart: )

kaypainter
02-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Thought I'd check in early (west coast time that is!) and there are already 2 pages! Make that 3!!! Goodness.

Thinking of everyone in ((((NZ))))

((((Darla & Uncle)))) ((((JJ & Monty))))) ((((Geoff and Mum)))) ((((Pat & Mum)))) ((((Larry & Christine)))) ((((Monika & Mum & FIL)))) ((((Char)))) ((((Peter and computer)))) ((((Ona)))) I'm sorry if I missed anyone! So many hugs needed. Here's a few extra (((()))))(((()))) just in case.

Last week I had a scare. Got a twenty four hour notice that the owner and new manager were going to inspect the apt. Thought I better get the cats out and clean up. 24 hours of sheer terror and unending nervous energy/cleanup. They came in for two seconds to see if there were any water leaks. I said no, but told them about the valve to fill the pool (brownie points to me -- what a lovely tenant you are - possibly ignore the illegal cats?). It's been leaking for over a year. Told the old manager about it and he never did a thing. That's thousands of gallons a day pouring into the pool for no reason. Costing them a fortune for the water.

By the end of the day the valve was replaced. I could have left the cats in the apartment. Cost me $300 dollars I don't really have to spare. Oh well. They want me to get Esme's teeth cleaned. That's only another $300. Don't think that will happen soon.

Other than that it's COLD here. Yeah, yeah, you're all laughing. But we don't have the clothes for it. Well actually I do, but they're all in mothballs, and I'd feel right stupid wearing heavy wool sweaters and coats, hats, gloves in LA. Did put on my thermal undershirt though. No one can see it. :D

:wave: :wave: to all I've missed and on their way.

Kay

Ellen in Ont
02-23-2011, 10:30 AM
:wave: everyone,
Brian's truck is gone so I guess he managed to drive it to work this morning. The health nurse at work told him he "won't be doing anything" at work until his shoulder healed so I guess they will have to find a desk job. But it is his dominant arm he hurt. Make that a desk job that he can do on a computer picking at the keys with his other hand.:lol: They want him there no matter what for a few reasons. One is so they don't have a lost time accident. The other is that it is a Workman's Comp accident so as long as he is at work (even if he isn't doing anything much) it keeps them off their case (that is how Brian explained it anyway). The other reason he wanted to go back is that he leaves this weekend for a week long all expense paid course in Port Elgin because he is the safety person at work :lol: and the union is sending their safety reps on this course.

I have vacuuming to do this morning and packing up stuff that has to go to my workshop this weekend and also to the store where I'm renting space this month. Both have to be set up on Friday so I am making piles of stuff in the living room to organize things. I am working nightshift tonight and tomorrow so I only have Friday afternoon and evening to set up everything.

I am getting distracted by my lists of things to pack so I better finish this and get back to them.

Char - I hope your cold feels better soon.

(((((((((((JJ)))))))))))

I hope more of the missing are found alive in Christchurch. I'll check in later.

olliewood0702
02-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Kay are you saying you paid $300.00 for BOARDING the cats??? For a few seconds of inspecting?? :eek: Sheesh....you poor thing. :confused: Glad the valve is fixed though. LOL at your being cold in LA! It was ZERO farenheit this morning here. BRRR.. Thanks for the hugs.

Gail, those bunnies can do tons of damage to a garden. We have a family who live under our shed....cute as can be but eat EVERYTHING!:o

Pat, poor SWMBO....can't make up her mind about things....:rolleyes:

Off for a break and more coffee...just ate a delicious red pear; was yummy!!:thumbsup:

BDorsa
02-23-2011, 11:43 AM
greetings one & all :wave: I posted a pic of the painting I did last week. you can view it here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=908672)

:heart: :grouphug: first & foremost...love & thoughts & prayers to everyone affected by the earthquake in NZ :grouphug: :heart:

Lulu: very glad to hear your friends are ok

:wave: hi Monkia

Geoff: (( hugs for your Mother, I hope she is ok ))

JJ: can she put big rocks in the bottom then florist foam on top?

Sylvia: happy b-day & lots of healing wishes for your girl...and a hug for Larry

Nola: hope you had a good nights rest

Bill: will your employer allow you to use something for assistance now? you had mentioned they would not...I hope they changed their mind

Char: (( feel better ))

Peter: installing new software can be such a b**ch. I hope you get the problem solved soon

Pat: healing thoughts for your Mother

Darla: lots of healing prayers froyour dear Uncle

Gail: housework is not for artists...leave that to the cleaning faeries ;)

JudyL: :thumbsup: good job

Ellen: can they force him to work? might he be better off at home resting?

Darla: we had baked pears the other night...yum

Hi Doug, Nola, Ruth, Henry, Ona, Kay

:grouphug: to everyone :grouphug:

kaypainter
02-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Kay are you saying you paid $300.00 for BOARDING the cats??? For a few seconds of inspecting?? :eek: Sheesh....you poor thing. :confused: Glad the valve is fixed though. LOL at your being cold in LA! It was ZERO farenheit this morning here. BRRR.. Thanks for the hugs.

It wasn't all boarding, Darla. It was 17.50 per night per cat (X3). Because I couldn't pick them up before 11am I got charged for two nights! And because I hadn't boarded them in over three years they had not had shots (I don't believe in giving them those shots every year -- they never go out). Because they had not had shots, they had to have an exam (for which I received the lovely "family discount" -- big deal. And they had to have capstar flea pills even though they have no fleas. Otherwise -- they will not board them! So all together $297.30. :(

It's only 60F plus windchill! Don't hurt yourself laughing too hard. ;)

Kay

Scene Chaser
02-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Bridget, I'm afraid to ask my employer about the use of a cane. I could sign a waiver, and I would, but they don't have to accept it. I would just have to stop working. Though, I may have to anyway:(

Gail, rabbits and deer have done a lot of damage to my shrubbery this year, even though I fence it off. I'll have to go electric.

BDorsa
02-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Bridget, I'm afraid to ask my employer about the use of a cane. I could sign a waiver, and I would, but they don't have to accept it. I would just have to stop working. Though, I may have to anyway:(

I'll be praying for you Bill...sounds like discrimination to me but I know sometimes bringing that up to an employer can make you life hell. I'm hoping your equillibrum problem is only temporary.

rue d'oak
02-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Jen dashes in, waves wildly and calls out, "Hi all! Quick visit today as I need to go to my mom's and climb into her attic for old stuff! Back later!"

My thoughts to those in the earthquake hit areas. :heart:

Jen

Flattwo
02-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Pat, I love all of the big cat's, especially cougar's and lynx, tiger's are far more dangerous than lions, and then there are human's, the most dangerous species of all.

Henry

olliewood0702
02-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Aww Bill, I just don't know HOW using a cane would be a problem for a school system.:confused: I doubt they can discriminate against you. If they tried I'd sue their bloody a$%e# off!:evil: I feel so badly for you.:grouphug:

Kay, oh belive me I DO UNDERSTAND. My daughter is a veterinary technician who works for a VERY EXPENSIVE clinic/boarding facility/bathing.:rolleyes: Every little thing costs $$ and it's CRAZY. I'm so sorry that was an extremely costly thing you had to do.:o :heart: Okay....I didn't hurt myself :lol: but you'd better put a sweatshirt on if it's only 60F.:eek: ;)

I have my chiropractor appt after work then stopping at the grocery store. I'm planning on making low fat Quick Mexican Beef Enchiladas for dinner!:thumbsup: I hope my niece Laura likes Mexican. Here at work we started our Weight Loss Challenge today....so must get busy again exercising.

Tomorrow is my Friday as on Friday we are taking the girls to a concert over near Detroit.

They are calling for some freezing rain tonight which is NOT GOOD.:rolleyes: :(

I love that the nights are getting longer and we had sunshine until about 6:30pm last night. YIPPE SKIPPY.:clap:

CharM
02-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Hiya... despite my gratingly croaky voice, tightness in my lungs and my underwater ears, I've had a really good day!

I had to make a quick run to town to talk with my Boss. I warned her that I might be contagious, but she was ok with that. The Art Gallery has signed me on for several back-to-back Thursday night class sessions... Each "session" will run 6 weeks and my first set is already full.

My cousin and his wife stopped by this afternoon for coffee. I warned them that I might be contagious, but they were ok with that... I had just removed a batch of Lulu's orange muffins from the oven and had whipped up a bowl of my butter/olive oil spread. I brewed a fresh pot of dark roast and we had a really nice visit.

They have just returned home from vacationing in... Christchurch! They were so very upset about the damage and loss of life...

Thanks for all the well wishes... it's helped! :) Just don't get too close to your monitor... I'm contagious you know...

Every time we even get close to the Vet's office, it costs us money! :)

Dinner's in the oven... I had some nice meatloaves frozen, so they're cooking now... I don't have anything to do but wait for them to finish... leftover potatoes, a salad and it's dinner...

Have a great night everyone... After Idol, I'm off to bed... I'm still quite feverish and need to sweat this out...

echo K
02-23-2011, 06:11 PM
I warned her that I might be contagious, but she was ok with that....

I warned them that I might be contagious, but they were ok with that...

Just don't get too close to your monitor... I'm contagious you know...:)

Ahhhhhhhhhchoooooooow!!!!!!!!

So now I know where I got this darn cold from......:evil: Maybe we should add a warning sign of this wash; opening this wash is hazardous to your health. Enter at your own risk!:lol:

:wave:to everyone else, I'd reply but dinners nearly ready and I need to take the puppies out.
Rebecca

Uschi
02-23-2011, 07:01 PM
The Art Gallery has signed me on for several back-to-back Thursday night class sessions... Each "session" will run 6 weeks and my first set is already full.

:clap: :clap: Char, I am feeling very smug and you know why:D Get better quickly and a hug to help it along!!!

((((((((Bill)))))))))) I feel really bad for you!!!!

((((((((Kay)))))))) I feel really bad for you too, that is a heck of an amount out of your already tight budget.

Pat, old people just simply don't like change, I am getting there myself:lol:

Geoff, that mother of yours is one tough lady!!!

re snow plow throwing lots of nasty stuff into the driveway, YES, and that is why I am paying $ 500 to have it removed. I didn't want to kill myself over it.

:smug: :smug: :smug: I just want you to know that because oil was going up on the Stock Market I quickly filled up my tank yesterday, knowing the price would go up drastically and this morning it was already 5 cents per liter more than yesterday and I am sure it won't stop there.

I have had a busy, busy day and I'm glad that I haven't got too much planned for tomorrow.

:wave: to ALL!!!

Uschi

Lulu
02-23-2011, 08:41 PM
hi everyone, have just come home from town and visiting the elderly. Oh my, some of them have deteriorated so much since I last saw them (we are on a roster and don't go to the same people every week.) Some i chatted to, with some all I could do was to sit and stroke their hands. I love each and every one of them all so much.

The news from Christchurch is so overwhelming, and every other thing pales into insignificance. Hard to believe the home I stayed in on my October visit is now no more. Christchurch is our second largest city and the most attractive. I read in this morning's paper that a couple of women came to NZ (and Christchurch) to escape Cyclone Yasi in Queensland only to get caught up in the earthquake.

Each and every one of us here in NZ are affected in some way, it is just heartbreaking.

laudesan
02-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Bridget, I'm afraid to ask my employer about the use of a cane. I could sign a waiver, and I would, but they don't have to accept it. I would just have to stop working. Though, I may have to anyway:( ((((((Bill)))))) I really, really do hope the problem lessens for you. I can't begin to imagine how frustrating it must be for you.

Thanks again for the hugs for Monty. He is eating a bit more today. He is more affectionate today as well. He is sleeping all day, and hasn't used the house as a toilet since we came back from the vets.

Geoff - glad to hear your Mum's fall wasn't more serious - it is a worry.

JJ - Mum is having the burning in her legs again - they are very hot and she said her back is hurting her - the guy who came yesterday advised her to have a pillow behind her in the chair rather than the small limp cushion she has now as it wasn't supporting her fully. So I put a pillow on for her - she said it was fine - then last night - it was on the couch and the old cushion was back. I give up!!! She just won't listen or try anything - aaaaaaargh!!!!!

She is supposed to have two pillows to sleep on to ease her shoulders - oh noooooo she can't sleep like that - I told her she hasn't given time to get used to it - I used to sleep with four pillows - now I only sleep with two.

Any new creams - they don't work - tablets - they don't work!!! :( Oh well mustn't complain - could be worse - it could be me ;)

I do know how hard it is. I had my dad living with me for 5 years before he passed on. They are so set in their ways. They don't like new things. My friend Ree's mum is in her 90's and she has the same problem with her.
I have a vibrating thingy on my office chair. It has a series of vibrations, from hard to sift, I wonder if that would help Nan. If not, you could use it on your chair. They really are decadent. Mine is similar to this one (http://dicksmith.com.au/product/MA1370/homedics-massage-chair-cushion-vc100). I hardly know it is there. Even went I don't use the vibrating function, the thing is so comfortable to sit on it eases my back.
:grouphug:

Uschi
02-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Still time to wish Sylvia's daughter a HAPPY BIRTHDAY and a very speedy recovery!! Sorry, I forgot to mention this earlier.

JJ, glad your Monty seems a bit better!!!

Lulu, I have just switched on the news to hear the latest about Christchurch. Sorry "your ladies" are aging so fast.

News and then bed, see you in the morning!
Uschi