PDA

View Full Version : Weeder's Weekly, Feb 21 - 27

eyepaint
02-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi gang,

Happy Monday! Here's a link to last week's thread (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=896462).

I hope to finish and post my WDE by tomorrow

CerraAngel
02-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Hi everyone. After two weeks offline due to computer issues, it's good to be back.

artastic
02-22-2011, 08:15 AM
morning!
had a great 3 day weekend workshop last week, it may have been enough to lift me out of the painting doldrums!
we also got our 5th wheel trailer which we will be moving to the campground in May, my new painting retreat!

have a productive week everyone!!

Valri Ary
02-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Bonnie - I didn't notice that you were having the painting doldrums...it certainly didn't show up from what I've been seeing you do here! Did I miss something?

Phlugel
02-23-2011, 12:35 PM
morning all
have a request for donations for a charity I know so am trying to decide which painting to donate and how to frame it.
IS there a good rule of thumb about what is best to donate
I mean is there a thing saying give a local interest or with mine I promised a flower so would a fantasy one be better or a realistic one. That sort of thing
Usually I just give one I hope will sell but that I won't be heartbroken to part with.
I sometimes put a few out and ask the neighbors type thing
Oh well off to clean house would rather be painting can't imagine why hee hee
Hope they find as many folks out there in NZ as possible. Can't imagine being stuck like that wow.
Have a fun day folks and Thanks again Valri Ari for hosting this weekend

Charlie's Mum
02-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Usually I just give one I hope will sell but that I won't be heartbroken to part with. - this or a local scene would probably be best ....... but you know your area best! :)

Yes, sending good thoughts to all in christchurch NZ - dreadful time for them.

Still trying to get my WDE done :rolleyes: ...... too much housework, too much shopping, too much taking charlie to Vet .... too much of everything except painting! :rolleyes:

Hope you all are faring better!

Warming up here a bit - into double figures tomorrow, which means low 50sF probably :thumbsup: ..... will that mean gardening I wonder? :lol:

Valri Ary
02-23-2011, 05:27 PM
So tell me this - how hated will I be if I don't do a gallery of this last weeks WDE? I'm swamped at work....and teaching tonight and have a 12 plus hour day tomorrow....
Is it mandatory that the host makes a gallery or just a really nice gesture (one I can 'gest' or 'ure' for that matter!)
If it can wait till Friday afternoon I might be able to do it....
So come on all you guides and mods - give it to me STRAIGHT UP!

eyepaint
02-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Valri - a gallery is a "nice to have", so no worries.

justjean
02-23-2011, 07:56 PM
You asked for straight up so .....

N
I
C
E

B
U
T

N
O
T

W
R
I
T
T
E
N

I
N

S
T
O
N
E

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kordelia
02-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Val.....well, i for one like to see the gallery, but what i enjoy most of all is yankin' yr chain.... .....
JEAN!! look at your post #!!!!!! kewl, kewl!!!
Edit: at this point it was 11,999.... and looky~ i can EDIT!!:lol:

Valri Ary
02-23-2011, 09:25 PM
What a relief! No gallery IT IS!!!

Catherine1
02-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Hey all.. :wave:

Jean.. what a hoot! love the straight up.. :D

Maureen.. I wish you warm weather.. Cause when you all get warm so do we!!!

So Bonnie.. When are you going camping?

Val.. busy is good! Galleries do take a lot of time..

Phlugel.. I was asked to donate a piece for an auction at a show. I like you had no clue.. So when they came around to collect the piece I asked what was expected... They picked out a 11x14 print and said that most of the smaller shows only want a $20 dollar item.

Cerra.. Glad to see your back!

Hello to all who I might have missed this week.. and to those who come later!

eyepaint
02-23-2011, 11:33 PM
You asked for straight up so .....

N
I
C
E

B
U
T

N
O
T

W
R
I
T
T
E
N

I
N

S
T
O
N
E

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Um, Jean, should the letters start at the bottom and then read UP UP UP in a straight line? LOLOL!!! Like this:

E
N
O
T
S

N
I

N
E
T
T
I
R
W

T
O
N

T
U
B

E
C
I
N

(... runs away ducking...)

justjean
02-24-2011, 06:24 AM
EP, I think you and I have to much time on our hands :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Charlie's Mum
02-24-2011, 07:14 AM
I think some of us are mad, MAD,
M
A
D,

D
A
M

and no, I'm not a 'Maddam'!!!!!:lol:

Easy Valri - Galleries are lovely but def. not compulsory!

Gang - it's lovely here this morning - just after noon and already 13.5C mid to upper 50sF .. warmest this year - great!! :D

I finished my Plant Parade lilies for tomorrow, did this week's WDE last night and for once, am just about 'on top'!:lol: Life's fun :D

artastic
02-24-2011, 07:49 AM
catherine: camping? we still have 4 ft of snow, and the 5th wheel is blocked in, so no moving it till april at least
Valri- still struggling with the creative block, my lily for your WDE, may also be for Maureens plant parade (tho Maureen, I am still working on the big one, it may be a WIP)
-37 wind chill again this morning..........O Spring where art thou?.........
EP and Jean
C
R
A
Z
Y!!

Got the BluesFest this weekend, that is always a sign that spring is coming, but you would never know it by looking out. going tonight and saturday, and also to a free blues jam session sat PM with lunch, tomorrow taking a day off to spend with friends, (girlfriend and I are going for a pedi!)
hope to get some painting in there somewhere!

Charlie's Mum
02-24-2011, 11:38 AM
You do lead an exciting life Bonnie - pedicure! I've never drummed up the courage for that but would love to have one! :lol: ..... someday ;)

Sorry to make you envious - but the temp has been in double + figures today - dropping now though and probably back to normal tomorrow :rolleyes:

Enjoy the jam session - and the lunch :D

Phlugel
02-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi all love the straight ups expected my hubbyt ot come see what I was laughing at instead of cooking his dinner
I took the 4 I thought to some neighbors and most liked the same one so there it is
It is about 8x10 so not too big
Thanks ladies
It is also a spring picture so that should work

Thanks Val I have been thinking of trying to host but was sure I wouldn't be able to do a gallery so good to know

We are warm enough for shorts here but who says it will stay. My kids have snow in Seattle

We went on a date day to the museum today as they had an exhibit
"impressionists and post Impressionists" from the national Gallery
It was great
I feel very spolied

Phlugel
02-24-2011, 06:46 PM
By the way the pizza is in the oven and almost ready hee hee

Valri Ary
02-24-2011, 10:01 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Feb-2011/35329-feet.jpg

This is a homemade pedicure from a few years ago which made me decide to forever TREAT myself to this - AS IT IS MY RIGHT AS A GIRLEE GIRL to have amazingly awesome toes...because as an artist my finger nails look like HELL! Just last week I had my piggies done (pedicure) and the sweet little girl asked if I wanted a mani too...I showed her my ugly fingers and said, YES but NO...but thanks!!!
The chair I sat in last week was super deluxe massage chair with the program to even do your thigh and butt...I was very impressed! I think I may have found my new nail spa...well TOE nail spa...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol:

justjean
02-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Edit: at this point it was 11,999.... and looky~ i can EDIT!!:lol:

Braggart :lol: :lol: :lol:

missswiss
02-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi all, We got home today about noon. spent the biggest part of the past three days driving or riding in the car, or at least it seemed that way. Harry wanted to go to an auction in Va. We left Tuesday and drove about 5 hours and stayed in W. Va. that night.We had about a 1/2 hour to take a quick run through the Tamarak ( A favorite place to stop) Everything in it is made by artists in W. Va. Usually spend at least 3-4 hours there. We drove about another 5 hours on Wed. and went to Fredericksburg, Va. to where the auction was being held, so Harry could look at a truck he was interested in. A natural gas or gasoline fueled vehicle. We went and found the license bureau and he bought a temporary tag ( Being optimistic he was going to get it) We spent the night there and he went to the auction the next morning, bought the truck and now we were both driving home. I led the way and watching for me to make sure he did not have any trouble. It started raining a couple hours into this, which was not fun, trying to make sure I was on the right roads, watching in the rear view that he was there. Not too much problem until he had to turn his lights on. At that point I could not tell if it was him or not unless I slowed down enough for him to get closer. Spending about 6 hours doing this, I was ready to stop, which we did in Morgantown, W.Va. We were only a couple hours from home, but too hard to come on home, so left there this morning, run into snow about 1 1/2 hours from home, which was not bad, but did not know what we were going to hit before we got home. All is well that ends well. Our youngest son has free gas on his farm and he bought a compressor and a car that runs on natural gas, so they will have to work something out that he can take his dad's truck home when he needs fuel as it takes a few hours to fill the tank. When we left home on Tuesday our gas was $3.05 A gallon. When we came home today it was $3.37. Who knows where it will end?
I know compared to lots of places that is still cheaper than most but it is higher than we have had. In 1958 we had a service station and it was 24.9 cents a gallon. Glad to be home. Hope all is well with everyone and sorry this is so long.

kordelia
02-25-2011, 05:32 PM
"home sweet home"... glad to hear it had a happy ending, Mary... you are such a good writer, you had me on the edge of my chair, anticipating..... ...:confused: ... glad it all worked out.... phew!!!- i'm exhausted reading it all

grabbed some pix last night, figuring to get to them today before the kidz came @4.... hahahaha... could not FIND the pix (SIL just installled some new/old pix from an old computer so i ahve them all in one place, but not in the order i had them in.... bummmmer)... then i finallly had to call Support, i couldnt get online from 11 til 3:45... lots of static on my line, they say; i dont hear any..... kidz came at 4:05 and we went for a 5min walk: the wind is horrENDous!!! (we never get wind here....)... so we're going to play with our art supplies before dinner... let's see if i can grab some pix and then FIND them again to print out!.................................. Hi, to all..........

Catherine1
02-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Bonnie.. Sounds like you need more snow. Want some? I share.. Well, I really mean to say I will do almost anything to get rid of it.. .:evil:

Phlugel.. Pizza.. Yummy..

Val.. I like the sandals.. and the cutzy toes.. So where does one get a thigh and butt toning?

Hey Mary.. was getting worried as I had not heard from you. Glad your safe and sound.. Remember all the rain we were supposed to have? Snow was to be 40 miles north of us. Yeah right! 4 to 5 more inches today. I would not mind the weatherman's stories so much if he would apologize nicely, then get out here and shovel.

We cross posted Kor... Kids are fun.. computers are great health boosters. Yup. gives an outlet for rage.. you know fun to surf.. get with friends.. chat.., that is if it doesn't cause the rage.. Screen of death.. you know the blue one. etc.

Well I have to go paint.. Can't decide which ones to do..

changingpaths
02-26-2011, 12:55 PM
I just wanted to confirm that images on the WDE and from the RL can be used on paintings offered for sale?

After that note on my blog, I have been very hesitant to participate in any WC events.

I even noticed that images offered on the WDE in the past, now have copyrights on them. That really confuses me, as they weren't there before.

Could someone please clarify this for me.

Thank you.
Cyd

missswiss
02-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Cyd, this is what the guideline says and I always thought we could use them unless someone posted for WDE only.
All images are considered as if from the Reference Image Library, (RIL) (copyright free) unless the host states otherwise.

changingpaths
02-26-2011, 03:29 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Feb-2011/35329-feet.jpg

This is a homemade pedicure from a few years ago which made me decide to forever TREAT myself to this - AS IT IS MY RIGHT AS A GIRLEE GIRL to have amazingly awesome toes...because as an artist my finger nails look like HELL! Just last week I had my piggies done (pedicure) and the sweet little girl asked if I wanted a mani too...I showed her my ugly fingers and said, YES but NO...but thanks!!!
The chair I sat in last week was super deluxe massage chair with the program to even do your thigh and butt...I was very impressed! I think I may have found my new nail spa...well TOE nail spa...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol:

LOL. Even now as a diabetic, that is one treat I too allow myself. Every three to four weeks. a wonderful foot and leg massage, a massage chair...and I get to walk away with beautiful toenails always with cherry blossoms and rhinestones on my big toes. :) For the same reason Valri...my nails are a mess from paint. lol. but my toes can still be BEEutiful! lol.

changingpaths
02-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Cyd, this is what the guideline says and I always thought we could use them unless someone posted for WDE only.
All images are considered as if from the Reference Image Library, (RIL) (copyright free) unless the host states otherwise.

LOL. well I thought I posted an answer. :confused:
Thank you Mary. I had gone back and reread Maureen's post from 2009, and am guessing these rules still stand as they haven't been changed. I too had always thought they were copyright free...so I will just run with that for now unless someone advises me differently. lol. Thank you for answering Hon. :heart:

Charlie's Mum
02-26-2011, 03:59 PM
RIL images are copyright-free and for use to create art work in other media ....... the only thing you cannot do with them is use the photo as a photo for photographic work.:) (Can't manipulate the image still in photo imagery - does that make sense?) ... for instance, someone once tried to use an image , as a photo, for a book cover - that's a no-no.

Images from Flikr and Picasa etc almost always have 'copyright' - they belong to the owner and although we often have permission to use them for the WDEs (when posted by the host) it's probably best to contact the host/owner and ask if it's OK to sell a piece from the WDE/other challenge here on WC.

Occasionally a host will post an image '..for this WDE only' - so it's better not to use that for exhibition or sale without permission.

Clear as mud ? :lol:

kordelia
02-26-2011, 06:50 PM
i would like to bring eVERYone's attn to Guillli's new banner addition.... ahem! if you know me on FB, you'll recognize my hat immmediately... ahem! (yes, banner pix ARE small...) guess who is now officiallllly another GuilliGirl............. :clap: (Val & i were just pm'ing about that, now that she's officialllly gotten 2, tho just the one on his Banner.... and i lamented i was not there.... YAY!!!!!!) .... ahem...............:smug:

changingpaths
02-26-2011, 07:16 PM
RIL images are copyright-free and for use to create art work in other media ....... the only thing you cannot do with them is use the photo as a photo for photographic work.:) (Can't manipulate the image still in photo imagery - does that make sense?) ... for instance, someone once tried to use an image , as a photo, for a book cover - that's a no-no.

Images from Flikr and Picasa etc almost always have 'copyright' - they belong to the owner and although we often have permission to use them for the WDEs (when posted by the host) it's probably best to contact the host/owner and ask if it's OK to sell a piece from the WDE/other challenge here on WC.

Occasionally a host will post an image '..for this WDE only' - so it's better not to use that for exhibition or sale without permission.

Clear as mud ? :lol:

That is clear as mud. lol. But I THOUGHT it was originally in the WDE guidelines for hosting that they were copyright free. Doesn't matter. Just curious.