PDA

View Full Version : Scratchy Corner Feb 21-27

lorna12
02-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Hi guys,

I mentioned in my "drink" thread that I was going to be painting some Easter eggs for our Artisan center...some folks wanted to see them so here's my start. The flower I completed some time ago, the rest are in various stages of completion. Some will have a definite Easter theme, like the bunny but others will have scenes, wildlife or flowers. Oh yeah...they are all painted on genuine ostrich eggs.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Feb-2011/11613-Egg_2.jpg

Bit blurry...sorry
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Feb-2011/11613-Egg1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Feb-2011/11613-Egg_1_close.jpg

Harry Seymour
02-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Lorna, These are beautiful. I'm sure there would be a market for these if you were so inclined.

lorna12
02-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Thanks Harry...I'm hoping they might sell.:D

artbygail
02-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Hi Lorna,

You must have pretty big ostriches in your neck of the woods. :smug:
The flower is magnificent, so tiny too, not easy to paint.
These are going to be a beautiful set Lorna, they should sell very well. You are a very talented lady in many different mediums.
Gail

PatrickHedges
02-21-2011, 07:58 PM
You are a woman of many many talents Lorna!!

I think my back is on the mend but I still can't sit for more than ten minutes without needing to stand or lie down. Sucks!! I mowed the lawn yesterday and am paying for it now :lol: But I just want to do some art : aaarrgh!!

Crias
02-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Lorna those are really cool!

Patrick glad you are slowly getting better, but sorry you still can't do any art.

My parents, boyfriend and I all bought our tickets to Africa yesterday. Woo Hoo! We will be gone 26 days... from July 18-August 11. Now just trying to plan out our exact itinerary. The majority of the trip will be spent in Kruger, but also going south to Port Elizabeth. I'm not excited or anything ;)

PatrickHedges
02-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Oh Cathy, I want to die and come back as a sock in your luggage!!!! Jealous!!

artbygail
02-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Patrick. We could make a good "pair"

Cathy, how fortunate you are to be going to Africa. I am sure you will come home with an endless amount of photos and we will see many more fabulous paintings of yours in the future. Bet you are very excited.

Lorna, anymore updates for us?
Gail

lorna12
02-22-2011, 12:17 AM
Cathy...I am so jealous I could spit! But it really is wonderful news for you!

Thanks, Patrick, Cathy and Gail!

lorna12
02-22-2011, 06:10 AM
I know I posted this already, but it's not here...I must have pushed the wrong button:confused:

Finished another tonight...if you guys get tired of these let me know...it won't hurt my feelings...........................much.:wink2: :D
Ref. from a photo I took in Yuma a few years ago.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2011/11613-Eggs_3_sm.jpg

Rodman
02-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Lorna...your absolutely amazing.....last year in Indy you couldnt draw a good stick man.....we all worked with you....and look at you now!!! ..I think your GETTING it!! Ha hahaha!... cool stuff.

Patrick..best wishes for more improvement

Cathy...ill repeat..." the PERFECT person is getting to go......"

ARTMUTT
02-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Awesome eggs Lorna!! I hope you sell all of them!

Patrick--just take it easy....pay a neighborhood kid a few $$ to mow for you. Save your energy for your art!!

Cathy--that is a trip of a lifetime!! Awesome!!!

PatrickHedges
02-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Patrick--just take it easy....pay a neighborhood kid a few $$ to mow for you.
I'd rather pay the neighborhood kid to walk around on my back :lol:

objectivistartist
02-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Ah but then ye have to make sure she's over 18... :evil::lol::lol:

Snuzin Susan
02-23-2011, 01:17 AM
I hate to be a debby downer with all this great news. Both of my rats died within three days of each other. One of pneumonia and the other of depression. Of course on either side of my birthday. Not a good month.

-Susan

lorna12
02-23-2011, 02:12 AM
:lol:@Rod...I used to like you, ya know.:wink2:

Snuzy...I'm so sorry to hear about your little friends.((((hugs))))

PatrickHedges
02-23-2011, 04:24 AM
Yeah, definitely hugs from me to Snuzy. We sure do get attached to our furry and feathered and scaled friends. :grouphug:

Eilymcc
02-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Lorna...just beautiful!!!
Snuzy... I am sorry :(
Bad news again down under, Christchurch has been badly hit by an earthquake, I lived there for a year before I moved to Oz, just got an email from my friend though who lives there, she is safe...phew.Though Im not sure about her family/friends/home/my old work colleagues. Not good news for alot of other unfortunate folks though...so sad :( The world seems to be going crazy, especially seeing what is happening in Libya...sigh

ARTMUTT
02-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Snuzy so sorry to hear about your rats......it's never easy to lose a beloved pet.
Eily-so glad your friend was not injured....what a terrible thing to happen. Watching the news about is heartwrenching......as well as all of the chaos in the middle east.

ARTMUTT
02-23-2011, 12:26 PM
I'd rather pay the neighborhood kid to walk around on my back :lol:

:lol: :lol: You are a bad boy!!!:lol: :lol:

Rodman
02-23-2011, 12:44 PM
[email protected] walk around on your back? funny!!!

Rats!!! about the pet rats.

Lorna.....what?...... ;)

New Zealand....i dont have TV. but just saw this at a lil pub....wow....WOW!! My Ex was just there a few months ago....

Crias
02-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Suzy sorry to hear about your furry friends :(

My thoughts continue to go out to those impacted by all the disasters natural and otherwise! Tough time in many places.

birdlover
02-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Sorry about your little pets Suzy. Its hard we we lose pets and 2 is worse even if they are small. Yes heard of the earthquake looks pretty bad. Jealous jealous Cathy one day I'll get there. But I know you'll get some great shots.

PaintDog
02-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Sorry about your rats, Susan. They're great pets, I had some at various times when I was a kid.

I sure do wonder what's going on in the world right now and how it will all end up. So much disaster and turmoil. What happened in New Zealand is tragic.

aaces
02-24-2011, 06:39 PM
In between Drinks..:cool:...just have a moment to say HI!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotta get back out there and help "rid" the bar of some Captain!:D:D:D
It's PARADISE here.....snorkeled today for quite a long time....no sharks yet:D
Miss you guys! :cool::D:cool::D:cool::D

PatrickHedges
02-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Oi Allan, you can't drop in for one post, make us all jealous and then leave again :eek: Not on!!

:lol:

aaces
02-25-2011, 12:49 AM
They had to send out for more Captain!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I'll be getting my own bottle in the AM :D

sandrawillard
02-25-2011, 12:52 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Susan. It's never easy to lose a family member... let alone two. Will you be creating a portrait of them that you can share? Sending hugs your way.

pamelalbd
02-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Hugs Snuzie :grouphug:
Great Eggs Lorna! they will sell and fast! No we won't get tired of looking......EVER!
Ace: You have one for me too K!
Cathy: I bet your excited...that's a dream trip for most of us!

howardli
02-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Hi Lorna,

Thanks for posting your eggs, they are beautiful. Just wondering I have a couple to paint, do you prep them and what kind of paint are you using.
Snuzy, sorry to hear about your rats, they are truly amazing pets.
My thoughts and prayers to those in New Zealand.

Li

lorna12
02-26-2011, 02:16 AM
Hi Li...after they are cleaned out, I spray them with Krylon Gesso, let dry, then paint them with acrylic paints and finally spray them with acrylic clear sealer, usually Krylon. If the egg shell is really shiny to start with I will give it a sand with fine sandpaper to give it some tooth. Hope that helps...be sure to post yours for us to see, when you're done.

artofnature
02-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Lorna, is there any medium you can't master? These eggies are beautiful.

PaintDog
02-27-2011, 05:26 AM
Not sure where to post it, but this seems like a good thread . . .

I just want to say that this is a terrific group of talented and helpful people and I'm so very glad I stopped lurking and started posting! The work in here is impressive and inspiring :clap:

Thanks everyone!

Eilymcc
02-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Wow Ann do really have that many posts!!! Awesome!! :)

PaintDog
02-27-2011, 07:25 PM
I managed to get myself "glitched" in some way. I don't think it's humanly possible to have that many posts, Eilis!!! I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts though, it's kinda funny :-)

aaces
02-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Wish you were beautiful.....the weather is here :D Margaritaville:D:D:D:D:D
They got Captain in Yesterday.....
But I found a new Rum.....
Havana Club :D
If they don't have it in the states....I'm gonna have to move!!!!!!

lorna12
02-27-2011, 09:48 PM
"Havana Club"....sounds like something I'd like...have one for me...with a lime wedge please. :lol: So are you taking any pictures you can share?

pamelalbd
02-27-2011, 10:20 PM
oooooo me too Allen! and another and another and.............well you get my point! :D

PatrickHedges
02-28-2011, 02:15 AM
Nibblin on sponge cake
Watchin the sun bake
All of those tourists covered with oil
Strummin my six-string
On my front porch swing
Smell those shrimp they're beginnin to boil

Wastin away again in margaritaville
Searching for my lost shaker of salt
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame
But I know it's nobodys fault

I think Jimmy Buffett and Allan are sitting at the same bar with two straws in the same drink :lol:

PaintDog
02-28-2011, 04:40 AM
Let's just hope he doesn't blow out his flip flop & step on a pop top!

lorna12
02-28-2011, 04:57 AM
I like that Buffet song ...When we were drinking Tequila down south (once upon a time:D ) the song we kept singing was Jose` Quervo...at least these are the versus I remember :lol:
:music:
Jose Cuervo
You are a friend of mine
I like to drink you with
A little salt and lime
Did I kiss all the cowboys
Did I shoot out the lights
Did I dance on the bar
Did I start any fights

All those little shooters
How I love to drink them down
Come on bartender lets have another round