PDA

View Full Version : My Life

jdesign
02-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Here is a 11 x 12 picture I did. It was meant to be a fun collage of images that represent my life.
I am debating on whether or not to add color.

Rodman
02-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Jack......of course I love it...everything about it...cool cool stuff...all the elements are great individually but together....they rock....HELLO!

Diana Lee
02-16-2011, 11:24 AM
VERY, VERY, cool!!! Fun to look at and ponder.

Diana

Harry Seymour
02-16-2011, 11:32 AM
A fun piece well done but won't dare comment on how it mirrors your life. I'm sure you enjoyed doing this.

artbygail
02-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Certainly so much to look over, I see a scratchboard knife, crayon and paintbrush, so definitely know you are an artist. This must have taken a long time to work up fitting in all the elements of your life. I like it and I like it in black and white. Very unusual piece. Gail.

birdlover
02-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Cool integration of the elements. Like that Xacto.

lorna12
02-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Jack...I always knew you had a great imagination...I have one of your pieces after all! This is very cool and interesting to look at. I'm very intrigued by all the sea creatures and the chest...are you by chance an artist by day and a pirate by night??:D

artofnature
02-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Very, very interesting Jack. Lots of stories in there I'll bet. Great composition.

PatrickHedges
02-16-2011, 09:31 PM
You must live a wacky life :lol: Superb!!

FoggyMountain
02-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Very interesting and imaginative!

SueR
02-17-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm amazed at how you got it all together so perfectly. Great stuff!

Diane Cutter
02-17-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm rather partial to black and white when there is a lot of detail like this. And you image is so intriguing... makes me guessing what makes you put in so many jellies and the octupus...

Diane

jdesign
02-21-2011, 12:31 AM
SueR. Planning and redrawing is what got me the final drawing.
Patrick. I had a freind tell me that if life was not wacky or crazy you wern't living it right. He now lives in Alaska sking by day and delivering packing by night.
Lorna.. A pirate would be a fun life. Thanks again I am glad you enjoyed the board I did for you.
ArtbyGail. This is one piece that I would work on in between other pieces. I developed the idea and did the work over time.
Harry.. Hopefully my comments explains some ideas.
Diane.. That's really all I was looking for.
Rod.. I need to ttry and start keeping up with your wonderful imagination. Thanks again. I appreciate the commentt.

I guess I need to explain a bit. Thanks for all the great comments.
Some things are obvious. The xacto blade for scracthboarding. and the crayon and brush represent me reliving art with my 2 little boys. The 2 astrology sign signs cancer and aqauruis are for my boys. The claddagh which I changed a bit by having a hand holding the crown and a tentacle holding the heart is for my wife and our marriage.
The airbrush represents my past business that I owned in Ocean City airbrushing Tshirts at the beach and the network cable represents my current employment. The 4 leaf clovers is for my irish wife. Now to get to the underwater images, they come from my passion of scuba diving. I have had the opportunity to dive all over the carribean. This past year I got to dive in Belize. I should post some photos. I do underwater photography and I ghot to see everything from diving the Blue hole to handg with some dolphins in the wild. Talk about cool. The octopus was my original fear. I always thought they were going to be huge but when I saw one for the first time it ended up being so small in size. The hammerhead is something I would love to see. My next dream trip is either Cocos island and /or Galapolas Isiand. Dolphins are something my wife both loved when we first met. Now to the jellyfish represent something more abstract. It's me navigating the stresses of life, including the constact running around for the boys activities school and daycares. It truly amazes me how time can fly and you not reliaze where the day went.

Diane Cutter
02-21-2011, 06:06 AM
I thought you had to be a diver. As a retired instructor, my antenna always zero in when I see images like yours. I hope you'll do more underwater pieces. We don't see many of them and it's a joy when they pop up...

Diane