PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

_Jo_
02-18-2003, 12:35 AM
I've only ever done one lino print that i did in school and i thought it turn out pretty good but when i look at some of the work other people have done mine look really amature. any suggestions on how to picking suitable ref pictures and how to get so much detail. i will put my print up later if anyone wants to know what mine is like.
Thanx :cat:

sassybird
02-18-2003, 04:55 AM
Jo, let me first welcome you to WC!

If you click on the sticky at the top of the page on Important Printmaking Threads you will find a demo on block printing. I also suggest that you pick up a book on the subject. It is always good to have reference at hand.

One of the things you need is a decent set of lino cutters. Speedball makes a reasonably priced set, under $12 USD. These cutters are different sizes, and give different effects to the finished print.

Practice with these cutters will give you more confidence in working with the lino, so take a small piece of lino and play with the cutters.

To begin working with lino choose simple subjects that do not have a great amount of detail. Remember that whatever you do will be printed as a mirror image too. It took me two years of working in just one and two colors to feel confident enough to stretch my skills to more complicated prints.

If you have specific questions then don't hesitate to ask us here. You will find that the posters in this forum are more than happy to answer questions.

_Jo_
02-18-2003, 05:54 PM
Thanx. thats a great help. :cat: