PDA

View Full Version : Sennelier La Carte--size issues

JamieWG
02-12-2003, 05:51 PM
Hooray! My pastels and paper arrived today from Jerry's Artorama and Jackson Art! In with the supplies that came was a pad of the Sennelier La Carte pastel card that I love so much. The pad is advertised as 15X18 inches, printed right on the cover and also listed on the Jerry's website. Well, I thought it looked very small! So, I measured. It's only 11-1/2 X 15-3/4 inches! How can they get away with calling this 15X18? Has anybody else noticed this discrepancy? 15X18 isn't a bad size, but 11.5X15.75 seems decidedly small in spite of the fact that the difference is only a few inches each way.

Jamie

Mikki Petersen
02-12-2003, 09:52 PM
Whoa! That is significant as a size difference. Glad you posted this because I almost ordered that pad too. Thought it would be handy to have some LaCarte in pad form for taking on the road.
The size it measures out to is to small for my taste though. Guess I'll stick with the sheets and carry them in a portfolio.

Shari
02-13-2003, 02:43 AM
I think the pads of sennelier come smaller, my sheets that I get from asw singly, come the correct size

Shari