PDA

View Full Version : Jackie's Book

gmc
02-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Jackie,

Thank you so much for answering my question in the other thread.

I started another as I didn't want to go off topic on that lovely painting being discussed. I love paintings of books also.

But, and this is a big but, could you possibly describe a little about your book coming out soon.

I would be very interested in looking for it as I have your other and find it to be a very valuable book in my library. So well used for info I am afraid it is all marked up and dog-eared for reference.

Hoping you will take the time,

geri

jackiesimmonds
02-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Hi Geri
thanks for your post.

The book which is due out this month (might be out all ready) is a reprint of the first book on pastels that I ever wrote, called "Pastels Workshop". It is different from the Workbook, which is much more for beginners to pastels. It is a much bigger book, according to HarperCollins, the publishers, it is a "practical course in pastel painting", but instead of just seeing my work, you get to see the work of lots of other pastellists too. I have included projects of varying degrees of difficulty; demonstrations; practical tips and hints, and ideas and inspiration from varied subject matter, still life, flowers and gardens, landscapes, seascapes, figures, and there is even a chapter on abstractions. And there are chapters on the basic bricks and mortar of painting - tone, colour, space and perspective, composition etc.

It has been reprinted once all ready, and the second reprint sold out, so I was delighted to be informed that it is still considered "active" enough to deserve a third reprint. In paperback form this time.

If you cannot find it in the US, do let me know, and when I get some stock I can supply it.
Jackie

gmc
02-12-2003, 06:23 PM
Jackie

Thank you for your reply.

I will certainly be watching for your book here in the states.

It sounds wonderful. Better yet very helpful. I can't wait.

It will be on my list of "nessesary" books needed for my study and library.

Let us know when the availability date is announced or if it is already out.

I did check Amazon. It says it is on its way. So does Barnes and Noble. I also saw another book on "How to Paint Gardens in Pastel" This also sounds interesting. Will check into that further as well.

Thanks again, geri

jackiesimmonds
02-13-2003, 02:18 AM
Geri - Learn to Paint Gardens in pastel, is one of the small paperbacks in the Learn to Paint series that Harpercollins have produced. I have to warn that altho the information in it is useful, the colour reproduction disappointed me a lot. The pictures are all so dark. So if you do decide to go for it, do bear this in mind when you look at the pictures!

Jackie