PDA

View Full Version : Pear

christmascarolnz
02-11-2003, 03:19 PM
Hi there. I am a newbie at the printmaking forum...I usually play in the pastels and oil forums. I have carved this pear on a Staedtler Mastercarve block, the 4x6in size. It was lovely to work with and much easier than lino. I used a clip art image to create this print.
I used the stamping inks to print these, the gold one has been embossed with gold-coloured powder.
I look forward to getting better with practise and creating my own images without using clipart.
Cheers,
Carol
Yellow ink on water colour paper
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Feb-2003/4807-pear.jpg
gold embossed on maroon card stock
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Feb-2003/4807-pear2.jpg

talkingbanana
02-11-2003, 05:55 PM
I like it! :D The gold one's especially cool.

christmascarolnz
02-11-2003, 11:01 PM
Thank you Talkingbanana. Is this what you would call a mono print because of the single colour?
Carol

talkingbanana
02-12-2003, 06:50 PM
A monoprint is a printmaking process where you pretty much paint on a piece of plexiglass (or whatever) and then print it onto a single piece of paper. There's only one print - that's why they're monoprints.

I think a one-color print is just that - a single-color print. No fancy name that I know of. :)

Gisela
02-13-2003, 01:08 AM
Very nice!!
I too, really like the gold on the darker color of paper. Simple, yet very pleasing. :)

Gisela

coolartsybabe
02-14-2003, 02:25 AM
I like it! I like it!

sassybird
02-16-2003, 03:43 AM
The gold on the darker color is very nice. It makes the image stand out, and is pleasing to the eye.

I think that using clip art when you are learning this type of printmaking is a good idea. You can practice your cuts on something that you know what it is supposed to look like when it is done. Some of my first pieces, which we were not allowed to use clip art, were rather startling.....lol Yet, I learned, and I enjoy relief printing.

fugitive
08-08-2003, 04:13 AM
Gee, your good at what ever you do, printing blocks, haven't done that since HS.

christmascarolnz
08-08-2003, 06:26 AM
HS? I bet that was a while ago!!:angel: :D
I've been able to learn a lot since I did this one Greg.
Maybe you should sharpen up your blades and try it out.
Carol

fugitive
08-08-2003, 01:20 PM
These old blades are pretty dull now Carol. Thinks I'll stick to this new fangled didi stuff.

PinkRaven
08-11-2003, 06:19 AM
Carol, the pear is really lovely!!! I'm not at all surprised since I've seen your amazing work in other mediums. I've been waiting patiently to see what you've been doing! LOL! Doesn't the carving and printing just seem so relaxing and meditative after the painstaking process of your intense pastel work? Kind of like a vacation and play! :D I wanna see more!

Raven