PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Saturday February 5 2011***

Lulu
02-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Hi everyone, from a hot and humid Cambridge.
So much for the temps coming down, this has probably been our hottest day of the summer at 31C with very high humidity.
So glad we live in a very secluded spot! and I'm glad we got no surprise visitors today lol I like the heat and humidity though, reminds me of holidaying in the Pacific Islands.
Have spent all day moving between painting and gardening.

Just watching the Sevens Rugby on TV. It is at Wellington NZ, and there is going to be a NZ-England final! Go New Zealand!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thinking of Annie ((( ))) and Kev and family ((( ))) and anyone else in need.

I learnt today that my (acrylic) postcard size painting that I sent to New York for the VisualAids exhibition "Postcards from the Edge" was sold and is now in the collection of a NY man.
There were 1400 postcards and among the artists was Yoko Ono!
I also noticed other wetcanvas members names too.
My eldest nephew died of AIDS 20 years ago, and I really wanted to be able to take part and contribute.

Char, I loved your painting that you showed us in the Wash too!

nola276
02-05-2011, 03:19 AM
Well done Lulu. On the other hand, we have had a relatively cool day today 29 or 30c. Still had the aircon on though.

Here's something to bring you into the new day with a smile on your face. (well I thought it was funny)

A Steel Company, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new CEO. The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers.

On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning against a wall. The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he meant business. He asked the guy, "How much money do you make a week?"
A little surprised, the young man looked at him and said, "I make $400 a week. Why?"

The CEO said, "Wait right here." He walked back to his office, came back in two minutes, and handed the guy $1,600 in cash and said, "Here's four weeks' pay. Now GET OUT and don't come back."

Feeling pretty good about himself the CEO looked around the room and asked, "Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-ball did here?"

From across the room a voice said, "Pizza delivery guy from Domino's.":lol::lol::lol:

Cheers, Nola.

doppler
02-05-2011, 03:29 AM
Lulu .. gasping humidity here too. ((())) for your nephew. Watch out for those English ...

Off really early tomorrow .. Get in to Melbourne about 11-30 am and drive for 4-5 hours. As my dear DEAR ((())) Dad frequently said .. "if things don't improve soon, they won't get better.. ".... remnants of ex TC Anthony hitting the Antarctic generated cold fronts ... rain and floods in Victoria.

The main highway east of Melbourne (M1) is cut by floodwaters presently .. probably will be clear by tomorrow :crossfingers: .. I think I will be able to get through via the South Gippsland Highway if it all turns to :eek: :eek: .. that's what brother advises.

I'll check the road closures tomorrow before leaving. Whatever .. no risks to be taken here.

Anywhathow .. I'm off .. "see" all of you at the end of the week. :wave:

Edit .. Oh Nola! :lol: :lol: :lol:

shipbroker
02-05-2011, 03:33 AM
Morning all.....

Wind stopped around 0400 and just a breeze now...so packing for one night only Chinese New Year Rally.....

Back tomorrow perhaps?
geoff

Lulu
02-05-2011, 03:35 AM
New Zealand 29 - England 14:D:clap:

Nola:lol:

Yorky
02-05-2011, 04:20 AM
Good morning from a warm (47F0 and drizzly West Lancashire.
New Zealand 29 - England 14
Oh dear! :(

31C :eek:

Well, I wasn't up until 8.30 am - nothing planned until this evening when we have a talk on the history of St Paul's cathedral.

May pop and see our friends who are trying to get to grips with the internet.

Safe journey Annie.

Doug

nola276
02-05-2011, 05:01 AM
Hi Geoff and Doug.

Hope you have a good sleep Geoff.

Like your gouache Doug:clap::clap:

Annie, Have a safe trip and wrap up your heart:thumbsup:.

Am going to try something new for dinner tonight - 30 minute boiled eggs. I forgot I put them on until hubby said there's water boiling on the stove!:eek:

Cheers, Nola.:wave:

Edit. Actually they weren't half bad (and sterile too!)

BDorsa
02-05-2011, 06:24 AM
:) good morning everyone,

6:15am here. My sleeping pattern has been messed up for years. Sometimes I can sleep hours on end. Other times insomnia strikes. Today, my eyes popped open at 5am & could not get back to sleep. aagghhh

Lulu: what could be better, painting & gardening. enjoy & stay cool. Happy to hear your painting sold, very sorry about your nephew.

Nola: :lol: :D :p

Annie: wishing for you safe travels & blue skies

Geoff: have a great time at the Chinese New Year Rally

good morning Doug & all who arrive after me. :wave:

I'm off to check out the homework page for the Composition Class. I'll probably pop back in later...if not...enjoy your day !!

Europa
02-05-2011, 06:45 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Have decided to finally get my brushes wet this weekend - have got so far as to tape the paper to the board.......LOL.

Kev - glad you enjoyed your holiday - am so sorry to hear about Joanne's treatment - I agree about contacting the newspapers - would even go so far as to contact TV as well - am sure they must have some investigative programme over there like we have here. I hope they manage to get it sorted.

We have had a letter from the National Grid - seems they are going to be doing some work replacing the gas pipes in the street - have had to notify them that Mum lives here as we have gas central heating and cooking so they can make alternative heating and cooking facilities available for her. Am hoping they don't block the driveway off as it is hard enough to park in our road as it is.

Lulu- am saying nothing :( - at least we beat Wales yesterday in the Six Nations :thumbsup: Good news about your sale - I know a couple of people who died of Aids - very tragic - my friends son was actually on the TV with Princess Diana when she visited an Aids clinic - his Mum said it made his day.

Well I can hear SWMBO moving about so had better go and get her breakfast sorted.

Waving to everyone :wave:

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

CharM
02-05-2011, 07:41 AM
Good morning Washers... it's slightly warmish here in SW Ontario with the thermometer sitting at -3C/27F... barely freezing... we have a little snow predicted to fall and I guess I'm not surprised with the warmer air... Historians will record us as a weather-obsessed people... :)

I think I'll write up my menu plan and run to the Grocery Store this morning... we don't need much, but milk, eggs and bread seem to disappear with lightening speed in this house... Other than that, the floors could use a good shovelling and the bathrooms would benefit from a scrub and scour... It's an exciting life...

I made my own veggie burgers yesterday... they tasted really good, but I didn't get the consistency quite right and they were a little soft... The men teased me unmercifully about eating fake food... :rolleyes: Oh... and they had regular, meaty hamburgers (which smelled heavenly)...

:clap: Congratulations, Lulu! I'm looking forward to what you're painting next... still experimenting with watercolour? That little owl painting was just a study... I seem to do more studies than paintings these days... but I have fun with them and I guess that's part of the process, eh?

:lol: Too funny, Nola! You know what happens when we *ass-u-me*! Green eggs and ham?

:heart: Annie, I'm sure you won't read this, but my heart is with you as you travel to meet up with your family... this last goodbye is always hard...

:wave: Ooh, Geoff... with dragons and lanterns and delicious Chinese food? Your rally sounds like so much fun!

;) Good night's sleep, then, Doug? My Mother has been thinking she needs a computer and I'm not sure that's a good thing...

:thumbsup: Bridget... the Monthly classes and Challenges are always fun and we learn so much... I hope you're feeling much better after your relapse.

:eek: Pat, it's pretty cold to be turning off your gas!!! I'm looking forward to your painting!!!

Now that I've filled up my post with smilies (kind of annoying aren't they?), I'm off! I haven't made fresh coffee yet and the men will be up shortly... so I'll wish you all the very best possible day!

SquashedToad
02-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Good morning everyone! I survived the snow storm (it wasn't as bad as predicted, but I still had two to three foot snow drifts to shovel off my rather long drive way. Next year definitely going to get a snow blower). I've managed to actually get some painting done and it feels soo good to pull out the brushes again :)

Hi Char! You've reminded me that perhaps I should do something about the disaster I've been ignoring.... Have a couple carpets that could use some shampooing. They were blue but now more of a greyish colour. Have to thank the dogs for that.

Good morning to everyone else!!!

Strawberry Wine
02-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Good Day Washers!

- 7C. here this morning so it feels quite balmy.

Dan is heading to Toronto today. His Mom finally got the house listed for sale and there is an open house for 2 hours this afternoon. Dan is taking her out somewhere for the duration.

:crossfingers: for clear weather tomorrow as the Perspective Workshop that was rescheduled from last November is being held at the Gallery. 930 - 4:30 My fingers will be numb. Along with Tom's Composition classroom this month and the perspective class I am hoping to kick my sketches up a few notches.

Lulu, when the temperature and humidity hit 31 C here mid summer I would not be doing any gardening. WE would be doing very little of anything...

Geoff, sounds like a fun weekend ahead for you .

Pat, one would think they would wait a month or two when heating season comes to an end for that type of reconstruction... What are they thinking??:confused:
Looking forward to seeing your painting.

Char, what did you use to make the veggie burgers ?

Doug, did you post in the Gouache Corner?

Bridget, I don't mind waking up bright eyed at 5:00 a.m. in the summer... I take my coffee out on the deck and watch and listen to the day come to life. Not much fun in February though.

Nola, I have done that as well and honestly didn't think it made any difference.. Hard boiled is hard boiled I guess. :)

Madelaine, we bought a Bissell steam cleaner a few years ago mainly because of having two dogs. C. Tire often have them on sale. I now can do the carpets when ever I feel like it without the efffort of renting one and then taking it back. We have yet to get together.. Let's try for March.

Off to get another coffee

Cheers,

Gail

Uschi
02-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

-9C and brilliant sunshine.

No excitement in my life either. I'll follow Gail's lead and go looking for a pair of slightly fancy summer sandals. I don't know why I wait for Saturday to do that when all the working people are in the stores.

Sylvia, Wonderful that you are back in your own cozy home!! I hope you get your phone etc. back today. Weird that Larry would get an infection considering you took such good care to avoid this.

((((((Annie)))))))))

Nola, now there is one lucky pizza boy:lol:

Gail, nothing bad forecast for tomorrow, so enjoy your workshop!!!

Lulu, for a minute there I thought you needed to be secluded because you were gardening in the nude:evil: :D Anywhere we can see your postcard acrylic????? CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Geoff, I hope nothing creeps up to spoil your caravan trip!!

Doug, I often think how lucky I was that I was forced to use a computer at work otherwise I would never have gotten on one. I can feel for your friends.

Bridget, won't be long and 6:15 a.m. will be sunrise and much nicer to wake up early.

Talking about that, do you all realize that we have gained an hour each, morning and evening, of daylight:clap: :clap:

Pat, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: about their timing.

Char, tasting good is all that matters, instead of hamburger you could call it a "veggie sloppy joe":lol:

Madelaine, a snow blower is a great idea, I would have long bought one if I had the space to store it.

:grouphug: Ona :grouphug: and all others in need!!!

:wave: Uschi

Yorky
02-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Hi, I'm back home. Managed to sort out our friend's email setup. Skype wouldn't work as the internal laptop mike wouldn't work.

Yes Gail I have been experimenting with gouache - quite a different animal from watercolours, but has possibilities.

Hope you can escape the disruption Pat, your road is narrow at the best of times.

Still no Sylvia today?

Doug

Ellen in Ont
02-05-2011, 09:32 AM
:wave: everyone,
I've been catching up on emails and computer work. We are going out for supper tonight for Brian's birthday :D so the rest of the day I can work on my "to do" list.

I receive the Artist's daily email and followed a link to enter a contest (http://www.brightlightpublishing.com/index.html) put on by the Bright Light Publishing Company (David A. Leffel Award for excellence in painting). It is open to international artists. When I went to enter, the rules said oils, acrylic and pastel paintings. I emailed them and asked if they had made a mistake and left out watercolours. No - they won't accept them. :mad: :mad: :mad: Their excuse was that "watercolour is a complete art in itself"! No wonder watercolour has such a hard time competing against oil and acrylic paintings with that kind of thinking!!!!! End of rant but I will be writing a reply expressing my opinion in no uncertain terms!

I'm off to write up said email but had to come on here an vent a little. Thanks for listening. I knew you guys would understand.:D

Yorky
02-05-2011, 09:38 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Amazing attitude!

Doug

Ellen in Ont
02-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Sorry to continue the saga but here is a copy of my reply to them.

"Of course watercolour is a complete art in itself, as is oils, acrylics, pastels, and any other art form. We watercolourists have to compete daily with this kind of thinking. Our paintings sell for less money and are held in lower esteem by the public based on opinions they hear like yours. The art form itself is not being compared in an art contest. The finished painting is. If I feel that my painting can compete with oils etc, why deny it the chance. Either it will stand up favourably to the other paintings or it won't. What harm is there in letting watercolours compete. It would generate more income for your company allowing more entries and maybe expand the thinking of some judges. My only reasonable guess to exclude it would be that since you have chosen the contest to be promoted and judged by one of the oil painters that you publish, you are afraid that if a watercolour painting won it wouldn't look good for the oil painters. :-) I will content myself with the thought that you are excluding a whole arm of the painting world because you are afraid of us. :-)

I will continue to fight to have watercolours accepted and respected for the fine art it is."

I am hoping it struck the right tone. Maybe if more of us wrote letters to them it would sway some thinking. I'm sure they won't change the rules for this contest but public thinking about watercolours has to change and it starts with fights like this one.

shipbroker
02-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Nola I don't know what those scores were? Not any sport I follow.

Weather still dry and little wind, here on the Yokshire Wolds many of the gardens have lots of snowdrops out.

Been to the gallery were my paintings are hanging for next two months ,they had surplus space so used all of
Mine including spares. Took some photos which may show here when I rerun home.

Cheers

Geoff

WthrLady
02-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Happy National Weatherman (person) day !

Ellen I got the same email, and when I read about the missing watercolours, and then the reply you got about it being a category unto itself, I thought, "ya, 'cause watercolours are so much more of a challenge - the weenies!"

:lol: OC I had spent the whole day battling, dripping, running, pigments separating, blooms, buckling, warping, hairs falling out of a brush, and uneven drying! Not to mention one annoying pelican in my "studio" who swears I fed him the other day and demands to know where his share of a sandwhich was today! Oliver, Oliver, Oliver. What will I do with you?

Strawberry Wine
02-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Uschi wrote I'll follow Gail's lead and go looking for a pair of slightly fancy summer sandals. I don't know why I wait for Saturday to do that when all the working people are in the stores.

I have done the same thing with Grocery Shopping on more than one occasion... ^^^^Char is doing the same today ^^^^ What ARE we thinking :confused:

Ellen, unbelievable !!! Your response is very well worded.. Wonder if you will receive another response from them. Please share if you do.

Doug, I will go take a peek at your painting in the Gouache corner.

Cheers,

Gail

happhoto
02-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Good morning Washers!!

Did not make it to the wash yesterday until evening...and all activity had ceased there...so I waited until today! Yesterday was a day of many errands and chores indeed!:eek:

Today Anne and I will be having lunch with SIL's Significant Other, while she remains in NY for another week. Poor fellow's been all on his own for almost a month now. We'll take him out for sushi! Not much else planned for the weekend. Wifey will be finishing(?) the thank you notes for cards and sentiments about her mom. I'll be cleaning and cooking and working on shopping lists for my Monday duties.:(

Annie, work at remembering the joyous life he had and you shared. The pain will win through at times as it should, but over all try to remember the joys! Our prayers go with you!

LuLu! Congrats on your postcard selling! And WELL DONE for being in the group selected !! Aids is a horrible disease and anything that can help find cure and treatment is important! Now WERE you gardening in the buff???:evil:

Nola of the fishes! Now that was funny...but probably too close to truth!! :lol: about the hard boiled eggs...I bring em to a boil and then simply turn off the heat and let them cool...perfect every time!!

Geoff, you SHOULD contact that sleep study centre!! You'd be a perfect volunteer!! Have fun in the caravan...even for a single night! and please DO share the photos of your gallery showing!!

Doug, abed till 0830?? I've seldom been able to do that!!!:thumbsup:

Bridget...take your time getting back "up to speed"! Relapses are nasty critters!! BTW my eyes pop open at 5 am almost daily...it's not bad!!

Pat, I agree with the poor timing of the national grid!! But perhap's they'll put you and Winnie up in a nice hotel for the duration???:evil: BTW...what did the Butty Van get for a name??

Char, smiles are seldom annoying! :lol: at veggie burgers...I made a pork stir fry last night...was delightful!!

Madelaine...see what you get when you leave the west! SNOW BLOWERS!!!:eek:

Gail, Hope Dan makes the trip both ways safely!! Have fun at the workshop tomorrow!!

Uschi...a snow blower is a great idea...as long as there's someone ELSE to push it!!:wink2:

Doug, have you tried Gmail's video chat feature yet?? quite nice and freee!

Ellen...good for you sending them a scathing letter!! Your work (and others here as well) would stand up in any contest anytime, anywhere against any medium!!:thumbsup:

Caryl...never feed a pelican!! They are like the freeloading brother in law!! Now you'll NEVER be rid of him!!

Gail...I'll do my shopping on Monday Mornings...when all the kids and workers are at their assigned places and the aisles are much easier to navigate!!

Back later gang!
hap

Yorky
02-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi Hap,
Doug, abed till 0830?? I've seldom been able to do that!!!
Well, I was awake at 5 as usual but dozed with the radio on until 8.30.

Trouble was now webcam and a faulty laptop mike Hap. I have an external webcam I can give them.

Doug

JudyL
02-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi! :wave:
I never got to answer the question yesterday about why we are having a renovation done so close to our leaving. Well, good question, but DH wants a proper garage, I want a large enough pantry to put my fridge and freezer in there instead of the "garden room" where they live now. Another bedroom would be really nice and it will increase the value. Also we MAY decide to keep the house and rent it out.
Yesterday the wind was a gale force, up to 70 mph, and brother did it blow! I even went out in it mostly to keep from having to go the the supermarket on the weekend, can't find a parking place and lines inside out the yin-yang.
Today we walked along the waterside to go have breakfast at the Marigold, and the river was really high and fast flowing. The ducks gave up trying to go up stream when they realized they CAN fly!
Our other exciting venture was a trip to the tip to dispose of recycleables and then to Starbucks.
Jack is upstairs putting a coat of paint on the paperlined wall.

It's all happening here! :lol:

Uschi
02-05-2011, 03:10 PM
So after trying on a few pairs of black sandals with a heel and not fitting in I rethought the whole thing. I have perfectly good black pumps from my working days and the only time I'll need to wear them is for the three fancy dinners on the ship.

I don't know about others but I am really not fond of theses fancy dinners (with the kaptain:rolleyes: ) with the rule of wearing cocktail dresses. The day I retired I stopped wearing "fancy":thumbsup:

I have black dressy slacks but you are not supposed to wear slacks unless it is with a jacket:rolleyes: So I was looking for a 3/4 length or even long black skirt, must have gone to 20 stores including Sears - NOTHING, not one!!! Millions of fancy slacks but not one skirt:rolleyes: I guess I'll have to make one:rolleyes:

Also looked for a cocktail like looking top, they are all sleeveless and all black:rolleyes: I'll be 72 by the time of the cruise and my upper arms are not looking "fancy" and black is definitely not my colour The only suitable, pretty ones with sleeves were in XXLarge size, I wear medium. I finally did find a burgundy one with roses made out of the same material around the top, it's pretty.

I had my lunch and am having a rest and might go to the material store afterwards, or not:D

Judy, that would be a shame for you to finally get the house the way you want it and then leaving it behind.

Ellen, good for you:thumbsup:

Caryl, good sense of humor!!!

Geoff, good luck with some sales!!!

Gail, some of the big stores like Walmart have parking spaces set aside for pregnant women where there is always a spot availbele, guess where I head to IMMEDIATELY:lol:

Hap, enjoy your outing!!!

WthrLady
02-05-2011, 03:41 PM
OH I NEVER feed them! Unless them stealing off the fishing line counts!

JudyL
02-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Oh, I am ok with the renovation, and I am really looking forward to living in one of the two houses we bought in the Sacramento Valley, sounds really posh doesn't it!:lol: But one we got before the economy crash, with inheritance $ a bungalow, just right for retirement, and the other last year, a 2 story 5 bedroom, about 1/2 the price it sold for before. Why? not sure, but I look forward to living in the big house with room enough for family to come and visit.
When we get too old, we can move into the small house. Both are rented, thankfully.

ona
02-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Hi:wave:

I will write Ellen. Can you e mail me the details? I'm sick of watercolour being considered a second class medium.

I found out today my painting of wayne is in two magazines this month because it was chosen as a finalist in The Canadian Brushstrokes Magazine Portrait competition (http://www.brushstrokemagazine.com/issues/2011/hires/2011_01_hr.pdf) you can have a look at the magazine by following the link. I wonder what Wayne will say... after all he must be famous now:wink2: Ellen, 11 paintings chosen and mine was the only watercolour:( at least there is one i suppose.

Ona

CharM
02-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Hiya... it's been snowing since noontime today and we have another 6" of white stuff on the ground, a far cry from the 1.5" predicted... this is the first winter in many that we've maintained a snowcover, protecting the grass, flowers and shrubs... our trees will be happy campers in the spring... in the meantime, we have to try to navigate the darned stuff! Ted is out with the little tractor now... and we're quite worried about Matt's drive home from work tonight after 10:00 o'clock... I haven't seen the snowplough go by all afternoon...

The few things we needed to *stock up* from the grocery store cost us over $200!!! :lol: :( :eek: The laundry is washed, dried and folded for another week... The kitties have retreated to soft surfaces at opposite ends of the house and have no desire to head out of doors...

Gail, I used brown rice as the *filler*. Finely chopped cremini mushrooms, onions, carrots, celery, and peas were the vegetables. I also incorporated ground walnuts for a little more protein. The binders included an egg, parmesan cheese and brown bread crumbs. I bought some garbanzo beans today so that when I try this again, I'll have another base. I'll probably crumble some of my tofu into the mixture, too...

Our snow is supposed to keep up through Monday... coming from the West, it should be heading your way by now... I sure hope you can get to your class on Perspective, tomorrow!

Hi Madelaine! Don't you know the rules? Painting ALWAYS comes before housework! :lol:

Uschi and Gail... we just got the Sears spring sale catalogue (they arrive in our mailbox every few days, I swear)... anyway, there are some gorgeous little sandals in it... and bathing suits... I'll bet that if you check the Online Catalogue (http://www.sears.ca/homepage), you'll find some dressy outfits on sale, too...

Doug, I went and had a peek at the Gouache Corner in the Studio, looking for your paintings... they look terrific!!!!

Happy Birthday to Ellen's Brian! :clap: Enjoy your dinner out! Perhaps we should all write letters to Bright Light Publishing Company expressing our opinion of their contest...

Definitely share your photos, please, Geoff!

Sound to me like you had a great day flinging paint, Caryl! :lol: pelican...

Hiya Hap... I knew you'd let a laugh from the veggie burgers... those darned Thank You notes are hard to write... :( :heart:

Wow Judy... so much to do...

Off to cook dinner... pizza, I think... bbl

CONGRATULATIONS Ona!!!!!

Uschi
02-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Snowing quite heavily here too. I think it started around fivish so it took about 5 hours to get from you to us Char. Tell me when it finishes LOL and don't worry about Matt, you know that snow is much easier to drive on than that salted mush, well that is as long as he can tell the road from the ditch:evil: :) Thanks for the link!!!

Gail, I am so sorry I gave you the wrong forecast. When it was such bright sunshine it never occured to me that it might snow and only another cm was predicted anyway. :crossfingers: that your workshop is still on.

Ona, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I hope your health is doing as well as your success with your paintings!!!

Judy, yes the USA had some really fantastic real estate deals. Good for you to grab it while it was available!!!! Properties really never went down here.

I think this is a soup and sandwhich night which I am going to prepare right now:D

CJMonty
02-06-2011, 01:42 AM
Well here I am again at work, and I am Specialing again.

Speaking of Soup and Sandwich, I had a fancy for Tomato Soup and a Crusty Roll, so that is what I had yesterday evening for my tea at work and I have the same again tonight. YUM.

My brother at long last has power back on, so they are now busy cleaningthe house up. I dread to think what their fridge and freezers are like after 5 days with no power, in that heat and humidity.

Well must go back on duty, see yoy all again at dinner time.

Take Care.
Lots of Love Carolynn.:grouphug: :grouphug: :heart: :heart: :heart: :) :) :clap: :thumbsup: :wave: :heart: :heart: :heart: :grouphug: :grouphug: