PDA

View Full Version : Compliments to Sundiver....

Dark_Shades
02-09-2003, 12:09 PM
.... for use of one of her lovely photos.

Was going to work with this some more today, started this last night ..... but I find, that once I stop on a painting... I find it very difficult to get the momentum back ..... and worry lolol that I will then mess up what I have done ...... so I prob will not work on this further .....

please feel free to comment though .....

Canson Mi-Tientes.... 8.5 x 11" .. Nupastels and FC Pencils

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Feb-2003/12116-sundiverfruit.jpg

hmmmm perhaps I should really touch up those black bits :)

Dark_Shades
02-09-2003, 12:13 PM
:D

Mo.
02-09-2003, 12:40 PM
Looks finished to me, it's lovely work, love the soft reflections in the bowl and you paint metal superbly. I love it. I wouldn't overdo the blacks though it seems just right as is. :)

Cheers
Mo.

Dark_Shades
02-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Thanks Mo..... :) .. .... was thinking more the speckles of black paper can see in the fruit

Luvy
02-09-2003, 01:49 PM
(taking a couple of grapes and plopping them in my mouth) Hmmm Looks darn good to me LOL Except for the purple thing under the grapes. Can you highlight that a tad? Otherwise I think you look done to me *S* Great job *S*

she sure has grapes down pat now LOL

Dark_Shades
02-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Lolol Luvy .. will you leave my grapes alone!!! ....... and dont speak with ya mouth full lololol :D

ok ... will highlight the mauve thing a bit more lol

Luvy
02-09-2003, 02:26 PM
(swallowing quickly) OK Dark Would you highlight that purple thingy? LOL HEE HEE Did you hear me that time?

meowmeow
02-09-2003, 03:05 PM
Yum! The red apples and the grapes are terrific! The purple thing is alright...maybe could use a bit more something but it isn't bad.
I see whatyou mean about the black speckles...although personally I don't have a problem with paper showing through a bit maybe it is a bit much. I know some people don't like seeing the paper at all. It's up to you!

:)

Sandy

Taminka
02-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Nice one D_S. Lovely soft look. I usually fuss about getting rid of paper showing through where it's not meant to, but in this case it really doesn't worry me. In fact it really helps that fabulous metalic look you've achieved on the bowl. I love the colours.

Cheers,
Minky

crumbedbrains
02-09-2003, 03:33 PM
Hey DS,
Looks great . .the elipse is perfect!!
the black speckles inside the bottom right of the bowl are fine . . helps with the metallic look and the depth . . . know what ya mean about the other speckles though . . . others like 'em . . .I'm with Minky in that I need to get rid of them . . but it depends on the look you're after.
Cheers
Crumby

sundiver
02-09-2003, 03:33 PM
I'm so glad I put that photo in the library so I could see the beautiful painting that you would make with it!
That purple thing is a plum, btw!:)
And too late, Luvy, I ate the grapes, but these look so real I want to go at 'em again!
You've done a beautiful job with the fruit and the steel bowl.

guilliame
02-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Hi DS,really nice painting,lovely reflections and depth in the bowl:clap: and the overall effect is wonderful.
The only niggle is the litle black spots on the green apple on the right but it doesn't spoil it any.
T.S.I.KM.:D

Dark_Shades
02-09-2003, 05:31 PM
Many thanks Luvy lol, Meow, Minky, Crumby.. Sundiver ;) ... and I think Guilly :confused: for your comments lol

.. will try and get back on this tomorrow to get the black speckles out of the fruit ... and that purple thing I now know is a plumb lol .. thanks Sundiver .... thanks for your lovely comments and beautiful photo in the first instance..... must get my library ticket renewed and see what else you have tucked in there ;)

.. now if I ruin it ..... its ALLLLL yours faults lol .... and all put down those grapes!!! hee heee :)

angecald
02-10-2003, 12:38 AM
Beautiful still life, Dark Shades! I love the bowl, it makes the picure. The specks don't worry me at all but then I'm a bit nearsighted so maybe you should listen to people with sharper vision. You do great texture!

Dark_Shades
02-10-2003, 02:37 AM
many thanks angecald., yup there sure is some eagle-eyed people in here lol ..... really quite weird actually as the real painting doesnt show these little black speckles like on the computer screen

sweetiness
02-10-2003, 07:15 AM
Wonderful job on the perspective! Looks like you can reach right in and touch it. Your highlights are fantastic. The color is beutiful. I can't say enough good things about this one! Frame it and hang it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dark_Shades
02-10-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by sweetiness
Wonderful job on the perspective! Looks like you can reach right in and touch it. Your highlights are fantastic. The color is beutiful. I can't say enough good things about this one! Frame it and hang it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ohhh what lovely words Sweetiness....... thank you :) .. I think you have made my day

sunny
02-11-2003, 03:52 PM
Marvelous:) you still life maniac you:clap:
I love it just the way it is Dark Shades.

Mikki Petersen
02-11-2003, 05:25 PM
You already proved you could draw fruit well and this is not exception, but THAT BOWL is stunning! That really shows a high level of skill! Don't touch it, it is definitely done. On this one, I think the spots of paper only add to the painting, giving it an "old" look. Beautiful.

Mo.
02-11-2003, 07:09 PM
What's next then? Where's the copper kettle Hmmm?:D

Redsy333
02-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Why darlinggggggg youve been soooooo busy while I was away!!!!:D:D:D SMASHINGGGGGGGGG GOBSMACKIN GOOD!!!

Dark_Shades
02-14-2003, 05:42 PM
Many thanks you guys :) ... really appreciate your kind words.....

you said some lovely things Mikki..... thank you .... hey just thought...... this is part of the 'Alphabet'

B is for Bowl of Fruit ..... hey Mo...... you could be right........

C is for Copper :)

bnoonan
02-14-2003, 06:23 PM
Say - how did I miss this one? Nice job Dawn. I love the effect and depth you get on the dark paper. It's a beauty!!!

Barb

Mikki Petersen
02-14-2003, 10:59 PM
ROFLMAO, Dawn! You crack me up...I thought B was for BOAT. Oh well, looking forward to C.