PDA

View Full Version : Pulling

Eraethil
01-30-2011, 10:41 PM
Hey every1!

This is a small acrylic work (10"x10") on cradled wood panel. It is also the first piece to be finished in my new studio space with a local cooperative. (Visual Arts Studio Association in St. Albert, AB)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jan-2011/104815-Over_Too_Much_WEB.jpg

RandyC
01-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Good job Rick. Love the depth of the layers. Are the blue dots 3-D?

marpeters55
01-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Nice!

wildcolors
01-31-2011, 02:26 PM
I like the layering and organic shapes. Inspiring.

Ol' Don
01-31-2011, 02:39 PM
I like the shapes and colors here.

Maybe the photo could be a little better to get an idea of the textures there.
Thanks for sharing this.

PushingPixels
01-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Oh yea Rick, I'm lovin this. Nice organic feel to it. My I suggest a title "This is your brain on drugs" Kidding of course.

You captured my imagination, if you have read much about biological circuitry for computers that is what this reminded me of. It truly is a Brave New World out there.
barb

PushingPixels
01-31-2011, 04:41 PM
CONGRATS on your Studio Space, mine is called a garage he he...

Eraethil
01-31-2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks for all the great comments folks!

Randy, the blue dots are indeed 3d, but only raised about 1 mm. They were dripped onto the support.

Don, yeah, pictures are my bane with these glossy works. Getting the colours right is hard enough without having to minimize the glare from reflected light. I'll try to get a detail shot from the side sometime in the next couple of days to show the slight dimensionality of the piece.

Barbara, I haven't read anything about biological circuitry, despite being in a technical field, so of course, now I have to. LOL That piece took so long to identify what to add, to finish it, that it felt like a sedated experience. So perhaps "Psychedelic Psedation in Copacetic Colour"? My studio was called the kitchen, the office, the family room, the storage room, and sometimes the garage and backyard too, so I know of what you speak! It is so great to have a dedicated space, if small, to focus on art. I highly recommend it.

PushingPixels
01-31-2011, 05:13 PM
"Psychedelic Psedation in Copacetic Colour", dam I don't even know what that means but I have an idea. LOL

So it IS...