PDA

View Full Version : v interesting website for pastellists

jackiesimmonds
02-07-2003, 02:19 AM
Hi people
thought I would point you in the direction of a website I came across
The Connecticut Pastel Soceity (http://www.ctpastelsociety.com)

When you get the homepage, go to TIPS AND TECHNIQUES, and have a look at the demo there, very comprehensive. Then, go to the PASTEL TIPS page, there is a link to it from Tips and Techniques.

Really interesting learning stuff.

Jackie

meowmeow
02-07-2003, 07:22 AM
Thank you Jackie! There is a lot of info on that website!
I am sure you saw the underpainting demo! Pretty apropos right now for this Forum!
And....I saw a book mentioned...Perspective Without Pain. Why do I think that might be a good book for me? :D

Thanks for sharing the info!

Sandy

MarshaSavage
02-07-2003, 07:59 AM
Thanks Jackie,

Good web site and wonderful page with the links. I am in the process of building the web site for the Southeastern Pastel Society located in Atlanta, GA and this site gives me a few new ideas. We have looked at various sites and tried to keep it simple, while creating a good site. I bookmarked the site.

Also, regarding the tips and techniques page -- Frank Federico is a wonderful teacher. Out Pastel society had an International Show this last year, he juried it and taught a workshop. I learned loads about new techniques, such as the upside down method, and now use many of them on my students! He is coming here again this fall and will be teaching a plein air week-long class (pastel or oil) and I am on the list to take it.

Again, thanks for pointing me in the direction of the Connecticut Pastel Society web site! Good useful learning info!

doe
02-07-2003, 08:58 AM
When we lived in CT I was a member of Ct Pastel Society when it was still fairly new. I remember Roy Schmid. They've really grown!

Thanks for the link, they have a really nice web site!

Drumbeat-trish
02-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Thanks Jackie -very useful for ignoramuses like me :)

Mikki Petersen
02-07-2003, 11:53 PM
Thanks, Jackie. Great link. Lots of interesting information.