PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Wash Wednesday 26th January 2011 ***

Yorky
01-26-2011, 03:22 AM
Good morning everyone, I'm late up but no wash!

It's cooler today - 37F after a cloudless night.

Hoping to get some exercise today, Ruth wants to go to the John Lewis's store in Cheadle.

Here's wishing Bridget a speedy recovery from her pneumonia.

Have a good day.

Doug

Lulu
01-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Hi Doug,
another lovely day in Cambridge, 29C with high humidity, suits me fine:)

Out and about, visiting with friends etc, very pleasant. Back to the roster of visiting the elderly in resthomes again tomorrow.

Away again tomorrow for another long w/end break, loving these lazy hazy days of summer! will be over before too long so making the most of it.

Best wishes to those feeling poorly.
:wave:

shipbroker
01-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Morning Doug and all following.........

Bed at 11pm...awake at 4am,5am to7.30 slept again.....Woweeeeeeee,but how? Odd, dreamwise, I had a dream that transited both sets of sleep and I can remember most of the action now.......so no 12 second flashback there.

Market day in Northallerton, so may well pay a visit,depends on if Eileen wants to go......if she does she will get the bus and won't want me along!

However,repainted over three acrylics last night so may have a session with them instead.

cheers

geoff

nola276
01-26-2011, 04:39 AM
Hi Doug, I would have started it but i didn't want to wake you:lol::lol::lol:

Hi Lulu, You like humidity?:eek: I like dry heat.

Hi Geoff, Wow, good sleeping:thumbsup:

Trooped off to an Australia Day Breakfast this morning. Lots of great Aussie sentiment flag waving toasts etc., and lovely food. The funny thing about this gathering is that most of the guests were originally Polish. Some of our New Australians are more Australian than our Old Australians. As I was the designated driver, I didn't have anything alcoholic to drink, so as we are now at home, I am sipping on a nice red.

Hello :wave::wave: to all following. Cheers, Nola.

laudesan
01-26-2011, 04:52 AM
:wave:

I didn't go out today to the celebrations, I was laid up all day. Pain wise mostly.

I am also sipping on a good red too Nola, one I haven't tried before. It is a Cab-Merlot 2008, from Annie's Lane from South Australia. It has fragrant aromas of blackcurrant's, dried plums and tobacco leaf. I thought eeeeuwww, but I was wrong. It is a very dark red, very rich wine, and is going down quite nicely thank you.

Pain begone!!

doppler
01-26-2011, 04:55 AM
I'm doing the same Nola.

EVERYTHING took longer than planned today!!!

Getting up :cool: ... it is a holiday... having coffee, and doing the accounts (flurry of activity because I had a really unpleasant dream last night about not doing them ... one of those ones that leave a hanging feeling of dread) Procrastination is an artform that needs to be tempered with moments of panic.

That took all morning ... then some painting and that took ages and was bad so I gave up. In the late afternoon I decided to mow the foot tall grass in the "Secret Forest" now that the slope had dried enough. That took a lot longer than I thought. I am truly exhausted now.

Husband came home from work and got a sandwich for supper ( it was a big one full of nutrition and stuff). I just want to go and sleep and I'll bet that takes longer than I thought and I'll be late for work tomorrow :rolleyes:

Bridget .. get better!!

Henry ... hope all went well

:wave: Off to Nod

Maffet
01-26-2011, 05:04 AM
Good morning to all.

Prague is covered by fresh snow.:wave:

My mum woke up at hospital this morning and happily everything went well and she is out from intensive care ... and back in her room. (She has new metal knee :-) I am at home alone with my father who expect perfect woman's service and because my mum is not at home, he expect it from me. BUT! We have secret pact with my mum, so no matter what anger will come I have to go directly to my own flat and only on the way there ...wave to my dady with sweet smile. We deciede that this is good occasion to teach him care for himself. (He is now retired and spends all time at home, very bored and only watching tv or internet) When there is a somebody close him, he automaticly expect that that poor person will do all works for him, including even preparing tea or breakfast. My mum is too soft and she always does this. But not me :-D And because my mum will stay at hospital for a month, it will be hard lesson for my father. For the first time in hi life he will need to wash dishes. :evil: :D Ho hoooooooo secret woman's pact. :-D

I am happy as a child finding that chinese classes are leaving mark at my memory and I am able to count fluently till 100 and experess any date or time of year or a day. Jupeeeeeeeeeeeee! I am happy. But I wander if some chinese person will understand me. :evil: But my teacher is leaving to Taiwan for a month. We decieded to continue with classes even through the Skype. So this has one very positive results.... after all that persuading I finaly have web camera. Yes! Yes!

So all you ... who have webcams, you can see me now too. :-)

I havent been painting too much last two weeks. I had "hour houseband" at home - doing reconstruction of my old stairs. It's done. And it's PERFECT!
I am happy as a child for that. One more step to finish my flat. :-) There are still some two or 3 minor works. I will need 3 new windows and some painting of walls and decoration .. but worst is behind me. Yes! YEs!

Hope my mum is fine ... :-)

Jana

shipbroker
01-26-2011, 05:25 AM
Well Jana with The Year of the Rabbit approaching you will obviously be in great demand amongst the non-Chinese community of Prague!! I worked with 34 Chinese for a year and never got beyond Ni Hao...as they all wanted to speak English!

Raining here, so visit to market 'rain checked' for time being.

geoff

Maffet
01-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Geoff. I am a rabbit. :-) So this is my year. Well. I try to learn most practical things as fast as I can because I am just preparing for my second try to travel to China. It should be in May and I hope this time will nothing stop me. I hope. I need only practical conversation. Something like counting on a market, " I am lost" "Where is toilet" and so on .. simple most important sentences. :-D

ReggieS
01-26-2011, 06:16 AM
Good morning folks! Just stopping to say hi and all have a great day! Darla, it is hump day!!!

Reggie

shipbroker
01-26-2011, 06:20 AM
Jana.....I'll have to rely on Ni Hao I'm afraid when I visit there briefly on our cruise in the Autumn.

In meantime for those in UK, look what I found in the garden in the rain just now!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2011/84585-snowdrop.jpg

Not very distinct but I was trying to avoid the rain.

geoff

painterbear
01-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Good Morning all,
It is quarter to seven in the a.m. here in chilly Oakwood. May get a few snow flurries today, but no accumulation. :D

Larry has another appointment with his physical therapist this morning (he'll be going to see her two or three times a week). Our day has settled into a routine around his exercises, hand and arm massage, bandage changes 2x a day. We try to fit anything else in around that (like trips to the dentist yesterday for cleanings).

I have another painting underway, but I'm not sure of how to work on it. Most of it is in light shadow, but there is color showing through as well. :confused:

Lulu,
I'm sure the people you visit in the rest homes are happy to see your smiling face when you arrive. :angel:

Jana,
Good for you and your Mom coming up with a plan to help your Dad become independent. ;) Hope your Mom recovers from her surgery and learns to use her new knee quickly. What a wonderful experience to visit China. One of my painting pals went last year and said her trip was so interesting.

Doug, Have fun shopping today.

Geoff, Are those crocuses peeking out of the ground?

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY to Annie, Carolyn, Nola, JJ, and all our friends from "downunder"!

Hi Reggie, Drive safely and have a great day at work.

Char, Tell Matt congratulations on coming in at the top section of his class! His hard work is paying off.

SYL,

Sylvia

Europa
01-26-2011, 07:14 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Just back from filming.......LOL - don't you love the sound of that phrase. It went very well - they were really lovely - I was going for 'one take' but unfortunately there were problems with the light - background noise etc. I thought ' blimey no wonder movies take so long to make'

I even had a microphone clipped on and of course forgot and started to walk off with it - no wonder some people get themselves in trouble forgetting they have a mic on. They are going to send a copy so am looking forward to that.

I didn't get a trailer - or chocolates - or even a masseur :( - aah well -maybe next time......ROTFL.

Back to reality now in the office.

My car broke down again with the power steering - I just managed to get it on the driveway - so they have remedied it by slipping another pipe over the original and clipping it. It is a tiny hole but because of the pressure the fluid was being forced out - hopefully this will have fixed it.

Jana - loved the secret pact you had with your Mum regarding your Dad.....lol. Well done on your Chinese lessons - I know a few words - how to say thank you - how to say expensive - take it away and of course hello but most importantly to ask for a large beer and for me that is all I really need. :thumbsup:

Char - many congratulations to Magoo - so well deserved - am not sure what an Honour Roll is but it sounds impressive - give him a big hug from me.

Well better make a move and get some work done - bbl.

LUGGLES

Pat xxx

Uschi
01-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

-5C, overcast and another cm of snow expected later on. The snowfall this year is so weird, almost end of January and we have not had a good dump yet, just daily dribs and drabs.

It's Wednesday, means table tennis in the morning and Connie was to come over but she phoned last night saying that she is not well, so that means I have time to get to the store and buy undergarments:) and do a bit of painting.

Store sales are very, very slow, mind you, as I mentioned previously, it is not a busy Mall.

((((((((Bridget)))))))) sending good wishes for a quick recovery!!!! I too was told that the pneumonia shot was good for life and had one several years back.

Pat, you must have really enjoyed the filming!!! Sorry your car is giving you trouble.

Geoff, at first I thought you are showing us a photo of worms :) then I finally saw the emerging daffodils :envy: :envy: It'll be mid April before we see them.

Sylvia, hopefully it won't be long until you can go back to your old routine!!

Jana, you can't teach an old dog new tricks:lol: on the other hand, if he is starving maybe it is possible:lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: about your chinese language skills.

Geoff's comment about them wanting to speak english reminded me of my Austrian neighbour. Since I never have an opportunity to speak german I thought it was great that they moved next door so I could practice my german, then her husband perked up with "how is she supposed to learn english". Well that was the end of that and she ended up speaking wonderful english.

Annie, with all this activity I am sure you are sleeping very soundly!!

Lynn, CONGRATULATIONS to your successful meeting!!!

Lulu, you are such a joyful person so I be the people in the "home" will be so happy to have you back.

Sending hugs and good thoughts to Ona and Henry and :wave: to Reggie, Doug, wine sipping Nola and JJ, and all yet to come!!!

Uschi

CharM
01-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Good morning! It's not too cold... it's not very bright (cloudy, in fact) and it's not windy... it is grey and dull... We're not expecting any snow until the weekend...

Painting with my friend yesterday was productive... we finished up one of our triads and began working on another... Even though we've done these exercises a couple of times, the theory behind the mixing, glazing and values is finally sinking in... It really is a lot of fun to do these!

I have a hair appointment, followed by a Service Club meeting this morning... It just doesn't get any more exciting than that, eh? :lol: So, Matt's off to school (we did have coffee together before he left) and Ted is still sleeping... He'll be up soon enough because he has errands to run today...

Hmmm... exercise by shopping... :lol: Doug!!!

No doubt that your "Oldies" were glad to see you, Lulu!

Geoff... did your repaint these acrylics in your dreams? Or, :lol:, are you really repainting some canvasses??? 7.5 hours of sleep eh? You'll be a bundle of energy today! Here comes Spring!

Hi Nola, JJ and Annie... Happy Australia Day!

Hi Jana... :lol: with the pact you've made with your Mom... Firstly, I hope that her recovery is an easy one... and I'm sure you're thrilled that your apartment is nearly finished... As to your Dad... he won't let himself starve... :lol:

Syl... I just remembered that when I came out of hospital after both hip replacements, I had a Nurse and a Physio Therapist coming to my home for a few weeks... and it's part of our Health Care system... It'll be interesting to see how you approach a low light composition... I read an article some time ago in one of the Artists' magazines about that very subject... Essentially, the theme of the article was that regardless of the lighting, values and colour are still very important...

Next thing we know, Pat, you'll be filming the Real Lives of Wigan Daughters... a reality show with lots of exciting action and dialogue... :rolleyes: :p

Hiya to Reggie!

Hoping that ((Ona)) and ((Bridget)) are feeling better... that ((Henry)) was able to get through his stress test without too much stress... and that everyone has the very best possible day! :heart:

EDIT: We x-posted Uschi! Have a great day... oh... and where are those paintings you've finished?

EDIT/EDIT: Lynn - after reading Uschi's post I went back to yesterday's Wash to read what you've been up to... Congratulations on leading such a positive meeting!

Ellen in Ont
01-26-2011, 09:07 AM
:wave: everyone,
I'm on the way out the door but had to stop in for a minute to check on what everyone is up to (and to check my emails of course). :D I am going to look at the i-pads and maybe buy one today. I have been playing with another nurse's at work and think it would be perfect for me. I have enough saved in my art account and the girls at work convinced my that I deserve it. :lol: I'll go and talk to the sales people about what I want to use it for to make sure it will be a good fit.

Tonight we are going out to a supper for service awards from the hospital. I have been there 20 years (where does time go). This is the first time they have offered a meal and night out (new CEO) as well as a little gift. Usually it is just a gift certificate for about $75 at a local business.

I was able to get the spray isolation coats on my painting yesterday so today I want to do the "varnishing". I also want to pick out the next painting I will start (small this time) for our art club's March show. After that it will be a commission. The deadlines never end. It seems they just march across the year. :rolleyes: I can't wait to retire to get more painting time but I bet I'll just add more deadlines. :lol:

Lulu - I have sent you an email with the info.

Bridget - hope you feel better soon.

Henry - hope the angiogram showed an easy fix rather than surgery.

Happy Australia Day for our buddies down there.

Jana - sounds like a good plan you and your mom have but it might be hard to stick to. :rolleyes:

I'll just wave to everyone else before and after and get moving. Have a great day everyone.

Strawberry Wine
01-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Good Day Washers from a cloudy - 3 C. Island Grove.. What a wonderful change from the other day's - 25 C.

No real news from me as I have been working a bit of decluttering.. I still have a very long way to go. Today's project is to empty the wall unit and box up what I don't need for the Diabetic Pick Up on Friday.

Char, please tell Matt http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2011/13320-congratulations_twofor_web_.gif from Dan and I. It is hard work that places one on the Honour Roll.

Geoff, are those snow drops ?

Jana, this is definitely the ideal opportunity for your Dad to work on becoming less dependent on your Mom.. Don't let him sweet talk you into looking after him... Show him but don't do for him.

Darla, black ice is the worst ! I would have turned back and waited an hour or so.

Sylvia, if you don't like the low light version you can use artistic license and increase the amount of light. Play with it in photo shop

Well I better get started so :wave: to all and :grouphug: to Henry, Ona, Bridget, and anyone else who needs or wants one.

Cheers,

Gail

ScarletLake
01-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Morning All

I'm glad it is Wednesday. I visited the college yesterday and saw an advisor. Looks like the summer quarter will be the best for me to start taking classes for the Health Information Management. That is good - I can take all the courses online if I want and not have to go to the college except for a few times.

I like going to the college but by then I will know where I will be working and if I could get to class after work on time --so I may do the online.

Still working on the Math review and will finish it up next week then retake the placement test.

Geoff - I was up again last night at 2 am with pain. I don't know- the new med seems to work well during the day but at night this week not so much -- so another Alieve.

Thinking of Larry, Henry, Ona, Bridget and Jana's mom ---wishing you all good health soon.

I sent in my registration for the 6 week watercolor class this morning. So on Feb 3rd I will be taking that for 6 weeks.

Talked with my son Justin last night -- he is in USAF in Minot, ND. He was nominated for being a leader again for his group. He was really happy about that. He is a little worried because he says that the AF is 100% full now and that there are some budget cuts coming also. He LOVES the AF so much and said Mom, I don't know what I would do if they told me that my position was being eliminated. He has until next fall at Minot so hoping that he can continue with his career. He is currently working on his Master's Degree which will be Aeronautical Science.

Well it is almost 9:30 am and I'm off to the showers and to get some things accomplished today.

Anita

WthrLady
01-26-2011, 09:44 AM
OH Anita, the group cuts are awful! I remember that stressful time. DH got his first Master's at Minot, through UND. Space Technology and Something or Other. Showing he's interested in furthering his training will NOT hurt his chances of staying in, but that makes it no less stressful. Send them my best!

We're sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting for our next assignment to roll in. The not knowing drives me bonkers. It's like waiting around for the next flurry of insanity and uncertainty. I'm going to vent my stresses with paper and pigment ! :D

olliewood0702
01-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Happy HUMP DAY ALL:wave:

Well, a sad day at my office. Our dear co-worker, Judy passed away at 6:10am this morning and although we knew it was coming it nevertheless didn't make it any easier to take.:crying: What a strong, spiritual, amazing woman I was blessed to know..

WHOOHOO GEOFF.....daff buds sprouting.:clap:

Jana, my Dad is the VERY SAME kind of guy. He depends SO MUCH on my Mother to make meals, handle all the bills, do the laundry. He'd be completely lost if Mom had to be hospitalized for long. He would be calling one of us girls "HELP!":lol: I hope the secret pact works great!

Gail, yes black ice is the WORST. I was already almost at work so just continued on very carefully. This morning it's kind of misting again but even warmer.

We may get some accumulation of snow by the weekend they say.

Annie, I'm the BEST procrastinator and should write a book on it.....LOL.....my DH too.:D It is definitely an ART FORM and one I've perfected quite nicely.:smug: :lol:

Uschi, enjoy your day, You too Nola and LuLu!

Pat, glad you got your "FILMING" done! WHOOHOO.:thumbsup:

Doug, exercise is good....I need some myself.

Ellen, how nice of the new CEO to honor all your hard work. Realizing the value of dedicated and hard working employees is a must!

My new computer was shipped out yesterday and I can expect it tomorrow of shortly thereafter.:clap: I cannot wait.

(((JJ))) sorry you are hurting; that rich red wine sounds luscious.

(((BRIDGETT))) and anyone else in need:grouphug:

(((HENRY))) (((JANA'S MOM)))

enjoy your day and may it be a productive one.:wave: :heart:

EDIT: Hello Caryl!
Anita, wonderful that Justin is so happy and doing so well in his position and praying that he can stay there! WONDERFUL FOR YOU that you are taking online courses this summer. So sorry (((YOU))) are hurting.

shipbroker
01-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Me again...

Yes the picture quality was poor..Gail yes you were right snowdrops..

This afternoon there appears to be about 20 individual ones through, none in clumps yet...that should be soon hopefully..

Anyway, better picture this time I hope!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2011/84585-snowdrop2.jpg

rgds

geoff

olliewood0702
01-26-2011, 09:58 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Ahh...Geoff....snowdrops......how lovely....lucky you!:thumbsup:

LynnM
01-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi Everyone :wave:

On the second page already! Lots of busy people :)

I'm hoping to paint today, that and get to the gym, trying to get back after 4 weeks with a 'cold'....not pneumonia yet, certainly hope it doesn't get there! It's amazing how much muscle power I loose over just a few weeks of inaction :eek:

Lynn L/C, so glad to see you posting again, I always enjoy reading your news. Congrats on a good meeting, they are lucky to have you!

Hi Doug, Lulu (you would bring a ray of sunshine with you!)

Geoff, glad you had a good sleep, I agree with Gail, they look like snowdrops.....was this some sort of test :rolleyes:

((((JJ))))

Jana, it is great to hear your happiness with your home! Good luck with your plan for your dad, sounds like a good scheme. and all the best to your mum, sounds like she will be getting the best of care.

Good luck with your painting, Sylvia, I hope we get to see it. I liked your Herculaneum one very much.

Hi Pat, Uschi!

Belated anniversary wishes to you and Ted, Char! a lovely way to start the day. And congrats to Matt, its very rewarding to you too, to see him doing so well.

Ellen, I'll bet you multiply the deadlines when you retire! I find mine are coming from several directions at once, since my activities are no longer co-ordinated by the work-place, makes for 'interesting times' :D

Hi Gail!

Good luck with your job searches Anita. It sounds like your son is doing what one of my GSs is thing of, he goes into military co-op next year in his last year of school, and wants to get into aeornautics in some way....interesting to watch their thoughts mature........great to see them have goals, even if they change.

Hi Caryl, not that I wish a military life on him, but it is a good way for him to get his training. I think it is not an easy way of life, and your comments certainly show that.

Have a good day everyone :clap:

Edit: I thought so, Geoff! So lovely to see, it will come here....two months from now!

Hi Darla! Sorry to hear about your friend, you will miss her.

Yorky
01-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Back from shopping - Ruth found some wool for her dog knitting and some self threading needles for a friend.

Managed to contact Ellen to tell her a new iPad is about to be launched with a camera and several extra features.

I too was told the pneumonia shot once a once only affair.

Glad you are getting your courses sorted out Anita - good luck with your job hunt.

Doug

painterbear
01-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Hi Caryl, not that I wish a military life on him, but it is a good way for him to get his training. I think it is not an easy way of life, and your comments certainly show that.

Lynn, There are some hardships for sure, but the wonderful opportunities balance them out (most of the time ;) ). Larry and I spent 30 years as a military family and we loved the people we met and the wonderful places we were privileged to get to during that time. :D

Guess we all got the same advice about the pneumonia shot, although a doctor told me last year that if you get one before you are 50 (I think that was the age), you should get a booster one later in life.

Larry's ready to go, so I'll be back later.

Ta Ta,

Sylvia

CJMonty
01-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Well, to ALL the Australians here, hope you had a good Australia Day whatever you did and wherever you went.

JJ, so sorry you have been in so much pain, As you know I am also very familiar with this scenario, and it is just so tedious and wearing.

Well Monty spent the morning priming the New Pool Pump to get it to get to work on the pool. He is currently on Night Shift, not a night to be on that shift with the amount of Alcohol that will have been consumed today. He will Backwash the filter again for me in the morning before he heads off to bed in preparation for another Night Shift.

Like Annie, I have spent the day at the computor updating the Accounts. I will do the same tomorrow, but should be able to complete them to the day, then all I have to do is make a REGULAR habit of updating them say weekly.

I willget the last of what I need for Friday evening. I have to collect some friends from our International Airport late tomorrow evening, so unfortunately Monty will have to fend for himself for dinner before work.

Well, must go and turn out the light and try to get some sleep, as it is nearly Midnight, so much for an early night, I MUST have one tomorrow.

Take Care.
Lots of Love Carolynn. :grouphug: :grouphug: :heart: :heart: :heart: :) :) :clap: :thumbsup: :wave: :heart: :heart: :heart: :grouphug: :grouphug:

JudyL
01-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Hi :wave:

Oh MEN! I remember my Grandad totally dependant on my Gran, who waited on him hand and foot, combed his hair, gave him his medicines helped him get dressed and undressed. She fell and broke her hip while at our house, and we did worry what to do with Grandpop! We were amazed, he did everything himself! Not a word, dressed, hair, pills etc. The old faker, he just KNEW Gram loved doing that. Her world fell apart when he passed.
HOWEVER, I would not be surprised if dad doesn't find the microwave! Good Luck!
Oh about the Military, Jack put in 20 years and would have gone for 30, but WDC insisted they were going to send him to another island and make him the Senior Chief of the command. Would not listen, he wanted his tool box and put in for retirement. I hope things work out for your son in Minot but he should get all the education he can, Jack is convinced it was the best thing he did.

mustache

LynnM
01-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Hi Carolynn!

Thanks, Sylvia, I appreciate your comments, I have been impressed with your stories of your life and all that you have experienced.

It sounds like he made the right decision, Judy. My son just had to do the same, was asked to return to top management and turned it down, he loves his job as salesman for the firm and makes good commissions.

I hope I didn't give the impression I was sorry my GS was heading in that direction, I think it will be the making of him. He is big for his age, very strong, very active, bright, needs challenge to do his best. I am just so glad to see him enthusiastic about it.

Here he is on the right with his little brother beside him, and his two cousins....my 4 grandsons! He's already 6 ft at just 16.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2011/97813-Grandsons.jpg

While I'm at it, here is a photo I got yesterday. Emily, the eldest grandchild, was on her way to Mexico for 3 months of service with Absolute, and they stopped at the Grand Canyon. This is her first long trip away from home, I love her look of joy!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2011/97813-Em-at-the-grand-canyon11.jpg

WthrLady
01-26-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm certainly not complaining about military life! :D We've had great tours. The military has paid for all of Dhs degrees, all FOUR of them. It has it's, ummmm....magical, moments to be sure. Stressful, sure, but I honestly cannot really complain!

ona
01-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Pretty stressful time here for a number of reasons so just a quick hi from me

:wave: to everyone and ((()))) to those that need them. Sorry about your news Darla and hope you feel better soon Bridget and Lyn. Good to see you posting Lynn:thumbsup:

Ona

JudyL
01-26-2011, 05:13 PM
No I am not sorry we spent that time in the Navy, I got to see and live in places I never would have gotten to go to. We love the life, and the education is the best, and the job DH has is due to the things he learned in the service.
I am very glad he never had to go to where they were shooting though.

Strawberry Wine
01-26-2011, 05:43 PM
HI All

Did not accomplish much of anything today... My sister dropped in and we had a nice visit. :thumbsup: I didn't even start the wall unit as it was almost 1:30 when she left. There is always tomorrow...

I did start a small watercolour. :clap:

F.Y.I. The pneumonia vaccine protects us from bacterial pneumonia usually caused by the pneumococcal bacteria. Usually the one shot allows our bodies to create enough antibodies for many, many years of protection.

It Does Not protect us against viral pneumonia. Having an annual flu shot is your best protection from contracting influenza and viral pneumonia.

My medical info for the day. :)

We are having fish and chips (homemade) this evening for dinner so I need to get started.

Hugs to All,

Cheers,

Gail

CharM
01-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone... I have most of the prep work done for dinner, but since Matt is working until 8:00, it doesn't have to go in the oven just yet. We'll have some nice salmon fillets coated with honey mustard panko crumbs, a tossed salad and spinach and ricotta stuffed cannelloni...

Have any of our Ontario Members shopped in Windsor? I'm trying to put a list together for my Students and I have some online stores along with a few places in London... Also, the store where I buy my synthetic brushes is going out of business... Does anyone know where I can purchase Heinz Jordan brushes?

Darla, please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend...

Congratulations on 20 years of service, Ellen! :clap:

Gail, decluttering has become a way of life here! I sound like a broken record about the need to simplify our lives... We had fish and chips last Friday night... and I made our beer batter with ginger ale ('cause we never have any beer here... :lol: ) It was really good! Ted said he could taste the ginger... :rolleyes:

Anita, our middle son is a Sergeant in the Armed Forces... and, as his Mother, I absolutely hate his choices (Infantry Light Armoured Vehicles)... and it's hard on his wife and children because he's been sent on so many overseas tours... but, the discipline and structure are what he needs and wants... It's basically a good life and we're very proud of him.

Yes, Caryl... it really is a fine line and the stress is part of it...

Awwwwh... snowdrops... sure sign of Spring right around the corner, Geoff... for you... :)

Doug... I received another email message from Melissa... I found Sarah's username and asked her for help.

Lynn... what great photos!!! Your handsome grandson will do just fine... ((()))

I'm sorry that you're stressed to the max, (((Ona)))...

Judy, for some reason I thought that Jack was still in the Military...

So... I guess I'll go and set the table... Dinner will cook quickly so I still have a half hour to kill... Have a great evening/morning everyone! Idol is on tonight, so we'll be vegging in front of the tv...

olliewood0702
01-26-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm baking a casserole to take to my friend's house tomorrow. Several in the company are making things to take as they have a large family and several are coming from out of town.

The funeral is on MOnday and visitation on Sunday. Larry and I will go on Sunday and don't know if we'll be allowed to leave work without getting "docked" pay or not. I imagine they'll let us know tomorrow.

Larry said today that he ran to pick up Kaitlyn from school and UPS left a note that they tried to deliver my new computer!:rolleyes: BUT...he wasn't there so they'll try again tomorrow.:confused: I'm excited to receive it.

The Redwings are on TV and I have the one in the bedroom on and can hear it. I' just haven't been interested in watching TV lately.

Boy are there some BEAUTIFUL paintings in the gallery! So many fine artists are here on WC now.

I'm off to have a short visit to the Reference Library.:thumbsup: :wave:

LynnM
01-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Thinking of you, Ona :heart:

Thanks for the reassurance, Char, we are pretty proud of him!

Sandralita
01-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Hello everyone!:
Today I saw a video of KEvin slater (strider) and It makes me think about all you. You were a great help for me when he died.
Thank you watercolor family I have missed all of you.

Yorky
01-27-2011, 02:44 AM
Thanks for the memory Sandra. Kevin was a fine man.

Doug

olliewood0702
01-27-2011, 08:20 AM
((((SANDRA))) If you saw it on Facebook I saw it too. Nick Simmons posted a video montage of Strider with the song Amazing Grace played by Nick at his funeral. Brought back all kinds of sweet memories of Kev and the wonderful artist and person he was. I was honored to have known him here on WetCanvas.:heart: :wave:

Bobar57
01-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Good morning y'all.It's sunny here in Miami,but chilly by our standards,during the night a cold front entered,rained and it's now 54 degrees F at 9:40 AM with the sun out.
Hoping to do some important home chores i put for later due to illness,today i feel better...maybe I'll practice more painting after my chores and a brief rest.

Bob