PDA

View Full Version : And another one in the snow

Dima
02-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Countryroad in january snow.
On Canson Mi-teintes.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Feb-2003/2034-Polderweggetje_in_de_sneeuw.jpg

Dick

sandge
02-03-2003, 05:40 PM
Brrrrrrrr! That snow looks cold! Good effect! :D

LadyPearl
02-03-2003, 06:26 PM
I really like the way the sun is shining on the trees. They feel so warm against the cold/cool snow. Very good. But I really wouldn’t have included the telephone pole in the background. I hate those things. And maybe even left out the train. It is a bit distracting to this particular piece.

Redsy333
02-03-2003, 06:45 PM
This is really done well....and Ill tell ya what caught my eye!:D
The way you rounded the road upward, That is the most realistic effect ive ever seen;) Higher in the middle and sloping down is how most roads are constructed and the tire tracks make it even better!:D:D:D
Well done:clap:

julsiebear
02-03-2003, 07:28 PM
Love it!!! Love the mood, you painted this beautifully!! Wonderful work.

CarlyHardy
02-03-2003, 09:35 PM
Dima,
were you working on location for this one?

I really like the sense of distance you achieved...and the train and light pole are interesting to me. They give a sense of life, of movement to the scene. The warm yellow of the train against the cool shadows and snow invite the viewer into the painting to think about a cozy trainride across the countryside!

carly

angecald
02-04-2003, 12:48 AM
Dima, this picture really captures the mood of a winter evening. I vote for keeping the yellow train, I like it.

Mo.
02-04-2003, 07:45 AM
Super painting, I do love the perspective you achieve in your work, the yellow train works well, my eye follows the road and rests there, which is what I think you intended. Great work! :)

Cheers,
Mo.

doe
02-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Both country road painting are wonderful!

(I seem to be following Mo around today.)

Mikki Petersen
02-04-2003, 01:22 PM
What a great piece you've done here. It has the very essence of a snowy country road including the inevitable train crossing ahead of me. Often, we landscape artists tend to leave the marks of man out of our work, like telephone poles, etc. but I think they show well here because they are a very real part of a country landscape.

Slowdown
02-04-2003, 01:39 PM
Brrrrr, I hate winter but you might make me change my mind dima with this painting...its great. I love the shadows cutting across the road and I really like that train cuttin through the country side.:clap:

Dima
02-06-2003, 11:50 AM
Thank you all for your reactions!

LadyPearl, the alleged telephonepole are for the electric wiring to make and keep the trains going. And it is the yellow train in the sunlight that made me want to do this piece in the first place, I am afraid.

Carly, nope it is not a plein air piece but done after a photograph.
We do not have too much snow in this country and and less so combined with sunny weather. So when possible I take the opportunity to take the car and digital camera and shoot some pictures. And once home again you can print them via the computer and start painting. That is how I do my winterscenes instead of ...brrr... out in the open.

Dick