PDA

View Full Version : Dutch countryroad in summertime

Dima
02-03-2003, 12:29 PM
Hello to all,

It has been a while since I last posted.
Here is yet another countryroad on Canson.

Dick

http://http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Feb-2003/2034-Polderweggetje.jpg

KarenU
02-03-2003, 03:31 PM
Hi Dick! :D Good to see you posting again. This is a lovely pastel and I just love the composition...particularly the cows in the field!

sweetiness
02-03-2003, 04:58 PM
This is a wonderful painting. It takes you right in, straight into the distance, checking out the scenery on the way.

angecald
02-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Dima, I love this! You got so much in, with such economical means. My favorite part is the bold blue sky...and the little ditch of blue water.

Mikki Petersen
02-04-2003, 02:58 AM
Hi Dick! Not familiar with your work 'cuz I haven't been around long, but this is terrific. My eyes just wander right in and want to keep sightseeing. I also admire your style. So uncluttered.

Mo.
02-04-2003, 07:41 AM
Love the perspective in this one takes you right into the painting.
Very nice scene.
Cheers,
Mo.

Slowdown
02-04-2003, 01:31 PM
HEY DIMA!!!!!!!!!!
WHERE YA BEEN MATE!!!
Great to see you again, and what a way to come back!, this looks great, I like the way you have indicated the cattle in the fields and as always, I really like you pastel strokes.
Nice one!:clap:

Redsy333
02-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Wonderful, felt the shadows dancing myself!!!:D

moo67
02-04-2003, 11:22 PM
Beautiful colours,composition and love those cows.
Moo:clap: :clap: :clap:

soap
02-05-2003, 08:25 AM
He hallo, nog een Kaaskop!
As a fellow Dutch person I could not resist of course.
Love your painting, especially the road, trees and sky are very strong. Good colours too.
Taste differ, but I am not too fond on the cows, they seem a little too detailed and 'picturesque' next to those bold shapes of the road.

Like your other work on your website too. Especially the landscapes (the view of Hoorn for instance)

Soap

Dima
02-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Thank you everybody for the kind remarks and comments.
My main doubts/reservations about this one concern the foliage of the trees. maybe this should be bigger/more massive closeby?

Hi, soap, zomaar aan de andere kant van de grote sloot beland?
Had to take a look at your website, of course; very nice portaiture; you seem to strike a balance between realistic image and interesting composition and texture. I take it that your customers are quitte content with their portraits.
What paper do you use and do you use fixative?

Heyo Slowdown, how are you?
I haven't painted or pasteled much lately due to painter's block, change of computer, busy on the job and such, so there was not much to post.
Hope I manage to get myself going again soon.

Hi Karen, good to hear from you again.

Dick

soap
02-06-2003, 11:36 AM
Hello Dick,
Yeah, I ended up on this wet and windy island called England, because (ho ho) I fell for one of the inlanders...

Thanks for your compliments on my work - I try my best.
I mainly use pastel paper from either Hahnemuhle, Schoelleshammer, Canson, not too rough. Am experimenting with other papers, such as velours and sanded board.
I only use fixative when it is necessary, so when a lot of pastel dust seem to fall down. This would create problems during and after framing, so that's why. I try to avoid it as much as I can.

Soap

soap
02-06-2003, 11:39 AM
PS: oh, and the leaves on your trees look fine to me!
If you insist on some comments - er, maybe you could add some 'bold' yellows or reds to break up the solid green a bit. It might add a bit more contrast and liveliness.

Soap