PDA

View Full Version : a Canson story

DFGray
01-29-2003, 07:24 PM
Hi
Travelling in France we came upon Annonay where the Canson factory is, located on the Montgolfier estate the birthplace of hot air ballooning, I took a tour and met M. Vallee (since retired) who invited me back the next day when there were sales to empolyees he signed off on 60 pounds of paper that I got to pick and pay the empolyee cost! Then invited me back for Pernod at his house after work. This is the Montgolfier castle painted while waiting for M V to get off work.
I carried the paper the rest of the trip but had no excuse not to work and brought back 60 pastels.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jan-2003/1921-Montgolfier.jpg
18 x 24 en plein air 1993 but touched up today
It reminds me of Karen U's house in San Jose
regards
Dan

KarenU
01-29-2003, 07:46 PM
Dan...what a marvelous story and painting! :D And what a bonus to get all that paper at employee cost...I'm drooling. When you said it reminded you of my house, you must have been talking about the Filoli Estate that I used in my December pastel project. Boy do I ever wish that was my house! :D

Katherine J
01-29-2003, 08:03 PM
As Karen says, great story and painting, Dan. We're all jealous of that deal on the paper (and the Pernod too)!

Katherine

Mikki Petersen
01-29-2003, 10:51 PM
Nice painting! What a beautiful place! I would love the opportunity to see someplace like that, even without paper and Pernod.

Dark_Shades
01-30-2003, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by DFGray
Then invited me back for Pernod at his house after work.

Pernod , you said Pernod... that made my eyes sit up lolol .... my favourite drink :D ........ what a wonderful day DF ...... rounded off nicely with your painting........ think I will just hop over the channel...... specially with the Pernod hee hee

Slowdown
01-30-2003, 07:04 AM
Great story DFGray and what a painting to go with it.
I have always admired the way you use your pastels, wonderfull paintings! Feasts for the eyes.

bikevstar
01-30-2003, 11:18 PM
Wonderful story and wonderful work!

bike:cool: