PDA

View Full Version : Hello..

TheThirdDan
01-27-2003, 06:36 PM
I'm new to this wet canvas thing, I've been doinf oil pastels for a year or so now, and I'm getting into oil painting also.

Just wanted to say Hi to all.

Dan
http://www.thethirddan.com/images/art/self6.jpg

www.thethirddan.com/art.htm (http://www.thethirddan.com/art.htm)

CarlyHardy
01-27-2003, 06:46 PM
Hello Dan,
Welcome to WetCanvas and to the pastel forum. Looking forward to viewing some of your work!
carly

Artistammy
01-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Welcome! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Tammy

olika
01-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Welcome to WetCanvas! :D I took a look at what I think is your self-portrait? It is quite good. Good bold colours :D Nice :D

bnoonan
01-27-2003, 07:47 PM
Hi Dan,

Love your stuff - most especially the sneakers and the hats. I'm a person who appreciates bright colors and they are ever present in all your work.

Keep them coming and we'll be watching and commenting.

Barb

KarenU
01-27-2003, 07:58 PM
Hi Dan...welcome to Wet Canvas! I visited your site and I just love your oil pastels...such wonderful vibrant colors and a fabulous use of highlight and shading! What type of oil pastels do you use? How do you do your blending..with turps? And do you typically work on wood?

I'll look forward to seeing more of your work and getting to know you! :D

Redsy333
01-27-2003, 07:59 PM
Welcome to WC:D:D:D
Hope we can urge ya to try some Soft pastels as well as working more in OIL Pastels too!!
Cheers,
Redsy

TheThirdDan
01-27-2003, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback all.
You really know how to make a fella welcome.

olika: most of the portraits are of me (all the male ones anyway) they are fast becoming my favorite things to paint.

Karen , most of the oil pastels are on planks of wood. I've tried alot of pastels, but my absolute favorite are Sennelier they are just so smooth and creamy.
most of the blending is done with the oil pastels themselves (or my finger). I am a fan of blocks of color more than perfectly blended colors. Heck, I just found out about turp lately....

Redsy333: Sad to say, I hope I don't get kicked out of pastels for this, but the texture of soft pastels makes my skin crawl, I just can't touch them, it's kind of like nails on a chalk board... I wish I could thou...

Dan.

DFGray
01-27-2003, 10:10 PM
Hi
Welcome
like that portrait!
regards
Dan

sundiver
01-27-2003, 10:12 PM
Yay! An oil pastelist! Love the Converse Hi-Tops!

Mikki Petersen
01-28-2003, 04:28 AM
Hi Dan! Welcome to our virtual artist's colony. Checked out your website. Great work. Love the subjects. Simple, straight forward and bright, bright colors. I live for bright colors!

I just did my first oil pastel and was very unhappy with it but I was using student grade sticks. I have been told to try a better grade before giving up. Sennelier's, eh? I love their soft pastels and if you get those bright colors with the oil sticks, I gotta get some.

Can't wait to see what you do next.