PDA

View Full Version : Bonnie's January Art Journal

watercolors4me
01-06-2011, 11:29 AM
I started a journal back in September and continued through December. I needed some motivation to start painting again after a triple bypass in 09. I have quite a few sketches I have done that I can paint now. Your comments will be appreciated. Thanks for looking and this is my first sketch in January. Bonniehttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jan-2011/133216-deer_029.JPG

Davkin
01-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Nice job on the deer Bonnie.

David

watercolors4me
01-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Thank you David. You can visit my blog and look at my sketches and paintings I've done since 08 if interested.

Thanks for looking!

RainySea
01-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi Bonnie . . . nice start to your journal! The deer in motion is well done

Artlike
01-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Bonnie, I really like your sketch.........look forward to more.
Ed

watercolors4me
01-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Rainy - thank you for checking out the deer and commenting.

Ed - thanks so much for your comment. I will post future sketches for you all to comment on.

DrDebby
01-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Marvelous sketch. It does look wintry.

watercolors4me
01-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks Debbie - I think I'm going to try and do a painting of him in watercolors. :)

watercolors4me
01-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Ok, here goes my next sketch which I don't think looks as well as the deer. I would love to do this as a watercolor painting and mask out stars with a dark night background. Hope you enjoy and c & c are always welcomed.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jan-2011/133216-coyote_049.JPG

RainySea
01-06-2011, 09:54 PM
very cool, I love wolves

DrDebby
01-07-2011, 01:47 AM
Very good canine howling. The only thing I would point out if you are going to paint this, is make the stars less of a regular pattern.

seejay
01-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Nice sketches, they look like you enjoyed doing them.

I'm intrigued by the thought of turning these sketches into paintings - do you use other references at all, or just the sketches and imagination???

cheers

watercolors4me
01-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Chris, I use lots of references. I do my own sometimes from my pictures, sometimes I use pictures from the library and then sometimes I do plein air. You can check out my paintings in my blog. Most of them were challenges from Watercolor challenges or the ref. library. I saw a picture of the coyote and thought a night time sky with the moon and stars would be great. Thanks for commenting and looking.

Debby, I just added the stars as a afterthought. I think I will mask them out if I paint this. Thanks so much for your comments. It's nice to see what others think of your artwork. I'm no way a real artist. My counsin got me interested back in 07 and it has been so fun for me as a hobby.

Bonnie :)

Joan T
01-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Super job o the deer and his impressive antlers. I always wanted to paint a wolf howling at the moon too. I enjoyed visiting your blog and seeing some of your other work.

watercolors4me
01-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Thank you Joan. Why don't you do your own version on him. You do very impressive work! Thanks for visiting the blog. Bonnie

eyepaint
01-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Great animals. I enjoy peeking at the text you add to your drawings :)

watercolors4me
01-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks EP. I have enjoyed going back and looking at the text from older journals. Kinda like a diary of sorts and what I've been doing.

On to Mr. Orange!

Bonnie

watercolors4me
01-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Mr. Orange came to my mind last night and I drew him because oranges are plentiful in January and they give you lots of potassium and help with colds and flu in winter time. I hope you like the sketch. Now, wonder what I will sketch next?
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jan-2011/133216-orange_017.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jan-2011/133216-orange_017.JPG

mhimeswc
01-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Super sketches, Bonnie.

watercolors4me
01-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Michelle, thanks for stopping by and commenting on the sketches.

Bonnie

watercolors4me
01-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Hello,

Now, here is my sketch for January 8th, 2011. I did this one in graphite and colored pencils by Derwent and they were colorsoft. It is a lid I have for one of my candles and it caught my eye. Let me know what you think.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jan-2011/133216-lid_005.JPG

watercolors4me
01-09-2011, 01:08 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2011/133216-squirel_002.JPG Good Morning,

I want you to meet Mrs. Bunny Squirrel. She definitely looks more like a bunny rabbit then a squirrel but my reference picture looks just like her. I did a watercolor squirrel once which I gave to my son and that one turned out so much more realistic. She's trying to find all the acorns that she can and her family is too because there are 3 -4 at one given time in my yard. I will have to retrieve my realistic squirrel so you can see the difference in the two. I also drew out my deer last night on a piece of watercolor paper to paint him. Hope he turns out well. Have a great Sunday and here is my picture for Jauary 9, 2011. :)

JTMB
01-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Nice group of sketches, Bonnie! I think the oranges are my favorite of the bunch.

RainySea
01-09-2011, 01:28 PM
I really like the oranges, too! Cute squirrel. . .

Joan T
01-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Nice botanical look to the orange!! Cute squirrel. I never would have guessed that was a candle lid. It looks just like a still life of crochet materials.

DrDebby
01-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Great sketches. The orange drawing is very botanical. I never would have guessed that for a candle lid. Thanks for making it clear. The squirrel looks like a squirrel except for the ears. It's still very cute. Thanks for sharing.

watercolors4me
01-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Hello,

Thanks so much for replying to my thread.

DrDebby - thank you for looking and commenting. I think the oranges are probably my favorite too.

Joan, I picked up that candle lid and thought it would be really cute to sketch. Thanks for stopping by.

Rainy, thanks for looking at the sketches. The oranges seem to be a favorite of all here. It means alot to me that you all are commenting on my art.

JTMB - I'm pleased with the way the oranges turned out. Now, if I could paint that with watercolors, it would be super.

Here is a picture of a squirrel that I took from a Learn How To Book back in 07. I just followed the instructions and this is what I came up with. I gave it to my youngest son to hang in his home.

Til next sketch.

See you all - Bonnie

watercolors4me
01-09-2011, 07:14 PM
For some reason, I'm having problems uploading him, it may have been too large a file. I'll work on it. Sorry.

Bonnie

virgo68
01-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Good stuff Bonnie! You are covering a wide selection of subjects ;)

watercolors4me
01-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Jackie, thank you for stopping by and commenting. I'm trying to do sketches of things that have to do with winter. Just enjoying the drawing and trying to improve my skills.

Til next time - Bonnie

seejay
01-10-2011, 06:02 AM
You have been busy, more nice work.

eyepaint
01-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Yes - a bunny squirrel for sure :)

poochemio
01-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Impressive deer Bonnie!

watercolors4me
01-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi All,

I did a piece of mistletoe for today's sketch and thought that was appropriate for winter since we use this at Christmas in our home. I need to sketch something tonight concerning snow as we are supposed to get some tonight and tomorow - AGAIN. I'm starting on my visual journal and I got my supplies today for that. I'm really excited about that because my first page is going to be about my river home and what I do there. Welll, here's the mistletoe and if I can upload the painted squirrel, I will. Have a great evening. Til tomorrow.

Bonniehttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jan-2011/133216-mistletoe_001.JPG

DrDebby
01-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Delightful mistletoe.

watercolors4me
01-10-2011, 10:44 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Jan-2011/133216-firstsquirrel.jpg

This is the first squirrel painting I did back in 07 and it was strictly a "Learn How" from I believe a Walter Foster book. I was pretty pleased with the way he turned out.

Debby - thanks for commenting on my mistletoe. Now, on to the next sketch.

watercolors4me
01-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks to all of you Chris, Margo and EP. It means alot to me.

I started on my Visual Journal tonight and that's really exciting. Too many projects I want to do!

Jakesgram
01-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Wow Bonnie! Once you got restarted in your journal, you've been going to town. I love you sketches. What a nice variety of images. I love the wild life, but have to admit that "Mr. Orange" is my favorite. I'd love to see you do that one in color some time. Also glad to hear you're doing the Visual Journal Workshop. Lots of fun stuff going on here!!!

RainySea
01-11-2011, 09:12 AM
great mistletoe and love the text you've added to personalize it too. . . the visual journal teacher indicates that is important and encourages us to do that. Its something I don't do too much but am starting to do more now. Beautiful squirrel!!!

Glad you are doing the workshop. . . its fun so far!

watercolors4me
01-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi Jean, Thank you for looking at the sketches. I have been having fun. I may do the orange as a painting. I really want to do a painting of the deer and have drawn him out but I tend to draw large and I really want it to be a small painting so I think I'm going to redraw him. I write big so I draw big - go figure! Having lots of fun doing the Visual Journal. Once I get my page pasted down, I will share that before I go on to Week 2. :)

watercolors4me
01-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Rainy, thanks for stopping by and checking out my work. I love writing about what's going on in my life or the picture I sketch. I go back and read and it's fun to see what I was doing at the time. I'll have some artwork for my children and grandson to keep one day if they want. :)
Thank you so much for the link on the visual journal - I'm loving that!

DrDebby
01-11-2011, 05:02 PM
The painted squirrel looks great.

watercolors4me
01-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Hello, well, I have done my next page to my journal and I was just doodling around last night and playing around with some peppermints and a coffee cup. Peppermint bark must have been on my mind and I don't have any. :( Have to wait til next Christmas. These are things that make us warm and fuzzy inside when it's cold outside! Here is my sketch and please give me your c & c's please. Have a great day! Bonnie
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2011/133216-coffee_003.JPG

DrDebby
01-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Get yourself some hot chocolate and swirl that peppermint cane in it. Yummy goodness will happen. :)

This is a great sketch.

watercolors4me
01-13-2011, 12:51 AM
Debby, Thanks. I really liked this sketch. Just something I dreamed up. :) Your comments are so appreciated.

Bonnie

watercolors4me
01-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Hi,

It's 1/13/11 and I didn't do a sketch yesterday. I did do one today of a walnut and it's leaves. It was a quick sketch. I'm getting ready to paint another picture of a squirrel since I'm trying to get back into painting. I did the squirrel sketch today and may put a couple of trees and a stump in there to give it some composition. Well, here's my walnut. I did it in graphite and sepia ink. Have a great night.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jan-2011/133216-nuts_004.JPG
:wave: Bonnie

DrDebby
01-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Interesting combination of media. Good job on the walnut and leaves.

Joan T
01-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Nice job on the mistletoe. The painted squirrel ahs super texture, especially in that fluffy tail. I'm ready for some coffee, mints, and maybe some of those walnuts!

poochemio
01-14-2011, 07:45 PM
No walnuts around here Bonnie, just pecans, I'm jealous! Black walnut scones umm with some of your mocha peppermint, oops now I'm hungry. Great sketches Bonnie.

watercolors4me
01-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Margo, the first house I lived in we had a walnut tree and I loved it. I wanted to take it with me when we moved but it was too big. Thanks for commenting on the walnuts and the mocha and peppermint. It's cold enough here for something hot. Going to get 19 degrees here tonight in Deltaville, VA. We are on the bay this weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

Joan, thanks for commenting on the squirrel and mistletoe. I'm painting another squirrel for myself because I gave that one to my son a couple of years ago. Thanks for stopping by - comments are always appreciated from you all.

seejay
01-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Just catching up, thanks for posting your new sketches, they are fun to look at.

RainySea
01-16-2011, 10:23 PM
the peppermint heart is so cute. . . neat journal

watercolors4me
01-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Rainy, thanks for commenting on the peppermint heart. It was fun. I picked them up one night last week and thought it would be cute with a cup.

Chris - thanks for checking back to see what I have done.

I wanted to let you all know that I got a book from the library yesterday. I'm sure you have heard of it. It was 75 cents and I've heard so much about it. Drawing on the right side of the brain by Betty Edwards. Anyway, I started reading it, and I did the first homework in it. She asked you to draw a person watching tv, then a person from your imagination without looking at anyone, your hand and a chair. I did all 4 tonight. The purpose of it was to date it and then refer back to it after you have finished the book to see how much you have learned. You all probably already know this already. I will post the pictures when I get home as I don't have my camera with me. Hope you all are having a good weekend. I also did a picture of a cardinal and a picture of my fireplace here at the riverhouse while we had a fire in it. I think the perspective is off on it. I will share that with you all too. Now, for the interesting thing I did today. I had this article from an artist (I can't find the paper right now) but when I do I will tell you who the artist is. She said to journal first thing in the morning and write down everything that is on your mind. Then get a plain sheet of paper and close your eyes and draw without looking at the paper. You can make all kinds of squiqqles and so on. Anyway, after you do that look at your paper to see what kind of shapes and things you've drawn. Anything, that is identifiable, outline that in pen. I used sepia ink. You would be amazed at how many things you will see in your drawing. I will also post that picture too. I had a list of probably 12 - 15 things such as dinosaur, the letter L, duck, hearts, music symbol, earmuffs, ribbon candy and so on. Each item I could identify, I used colored pencils and then filled in the background with different colors. It is so vibrant and colorful and was so much fun to do. I looked at one of her paintings that she did like this and the price tag was $600.00. It was such a cute abstract. I will email you her website and you can do this same little project yourself. I will post the pictures tomorrow. See you later! Bonnie

seejay
01-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Drawing on the right side of the brain by Betty Edwards. Anyway, I started reading it, and I did the first homework in it. She asked you to draw a person watching tv, then a person from your imagination without looking at anyone, your hand and a chair. I did all 4 tonight. The purpose of it was to date it and then refer back to it after you have finished the book to see how much you have learned. You all probably already know this already.

That is a good book to get started drawing. The exercises are a great way to overcome 'I can't draw a thing' type thoughts. I am glad I discovered the book years ago, I have had years of enjoyment because of it. I definitely noticed a big difference in my before and after pics. Have fun!

DrDebby
01-17-2011, 07:53 PM
"Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain." is a good book. The journal writing every morning I recognize from a book called "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron. I don't know about the abstract drawing exercise. But am looking forward to seeing what you are drawing.

watercolors4me
01-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Hello All,

Here is the drawing I did yesterday as a abstract from journaling all my feeling and then drawing without looking at the paper and having my eyes shut. See if you can find these things that I identified. Let me know what you think. I thought it was so cool, I did another one today but I'm going to use watercolors on that.

Look for: a duck, flower, candy corn, the letter G, the letter L, two hearts, one yellow and one red, a cat, the Letter W, a pair of earmuffs, , puzzle,, dnd sign dog, icesicles, reindeer head, hand, ribbon candy, pair of glasses, girl's head, music symbol, turtle, head of a boy, moon, a dinosaur, question mark, state of Florida especially east and west coast. Here goes

watercolors4me
01-17-2011, 10:09 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jan-2011/133216-pix_004.JPG

Sorry - here's the picture - bonnie:wave:

watercolors4me
01-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Here are the pictures and exercise from Drawing On The Right Side of the Brain
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jan-2011/133216-pix_010.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jan-2011/133216-pix_017.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jan-2011/133216-pix_018.JPG

watercolors4me
01-17-2011, 10:17 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jan-2011/133216-pix_015.JPG

The girl from my imagination without anything to look at.

watercolors4me
01-17-2011, 10:19 PM
My cardinal I did.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Jan-2011/133216-pix_005.JPG

You can tell what I did all weekend at the river!

dianapotts
01-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Bonnie these are fun to look at. The line work on the deer's back gives a lot of gracefulness to the drawing.

Diana

watercolors4me
01-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Judi Russell is the artist that inspired me to do the journal and then the abstract painting. Check her out. I think you can find her on judirussell.com.

Bonnie

eyepaint
01-18-2011, 03:17 PM
I love the colourful one in post 57 :)

DrDebby
01-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Great exercises. The cardinal looks quite cheeky. :) Love his stance and expression.

watercolors4me
01-18-2011, 11:06 PM
EP - thanks for the comments on the exercises and the cardinal. I have done some of these journaling abstract drawings and they are kinda neat but I don't know if that's for me or not. I'll keep doing this for a while and see how it goes. The artist says it gets easier. We'll see.

EP - thanks for posting about the abstract. Could you see the objects I saw?

Most appreciated that you all stopped by. Bonnie

watercolors4me
01-18-2011, 11:07 PM
I meant for the 1st comment to go to you DrDebby. Sorry.

Joan T
01-19-2011, 12:19 PM
I've never read the book, but I may pick up a copy. I love the page you did early in the morning. What a way to kick start your day. Nice ideas to keep you going!!

seejay
01-19-2011, 09:28 PM
More nice updates, looking forward to seeing your 'after' sketches one day.

watercolors4me
01-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Joan, I've heard so many good things about this book. Thanks about the abstract. It is fun to do those. I'm doing them on a small scale everyday after journaling. I will probably post them on my blog.

Also, I'm going to work on my Visual Journal tonight. I had bought soft pastels and had to take them back and get oil pastels so that's what's been holding me up. Looking forward to working on it tonight. I'm under Bonnie.

RainySea
01-19-2011, 11:41 PM
that cardinal is so cute. . . he looks so thoughtful :)
Neat exercises you are doing and thanks for the website, will check that out

DrDebby
01-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Actually, the daily journal writing, for me, has become a wonderful way to start my morning. I've not done the abstract drawing after. I usually do my work out after writing a brain dump. Between the two activities, I'm ready to face my day. Keep it up and after a month you won't know how you did without it. :)

watercolors4me
01-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Debby, try the sketch after you journal. It only takes you a few minutes - less than 5 and then you can go in and paint it later. I'm going to continue because I really like the journaling and what it brings out in the picture. Thanks for commenting. Bonnie

watercolors4me
01-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Chris, thanks - you really mean after I can REALLY sketch and paint. I don't think of myself as an artist - just a hobby - but I continue on learning and MAYBE one day someone will want some of my work. :) Bonnie

watercolors4me
01-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Hello, it's been a couple of days since I've posted anything. I've been journaling and then doing a "blind brain dump". I've done some in watercolor pencils and some in watercolors. I definitely like the watercolors best. I did a whale and it surprised me how it turned out (the drawing). These were inspired by Judi Russell. I've finished my Visual Journal and will be posting that also. Have a great Sunday and Happy Painting/Drawing. :wave: http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jan-2011/133216-whale_032.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jan-2011/133216-whale_038.JPG

watercolors4me
01-23-2011, 08:48 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jan-2011/133216-whale_033.JPG

Do you see a map of US, hat, mitten, and shoe, sea shell and art palette? It's fun to do these.

Bye for now. - Bonnie

watercolors4me
01-23-2011, 02:07 PM
I need to delete the first 2 pictures and add them again because they are way too dark. I must have been asleep because I did this early in the morning. Bonnie

DrDebby
01-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Looks like this is really working well for you. Very cool.

seejay
01-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Interesting images, they do look fun to do.

RainySea
01-23-2011, 09:21 PM
those look very fun! and you finished your visual journal. . . that is great. I have not yet been able to watch the week 4 video. congrats on the completion.

watercolors4me
01-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Hello,

I wanted to do something really fun so I drew a rose doing zentangles and I had so much fun with this. I used sepia ink and watercolors. Sometimes, I like to just paint and not to have to follow any rules and worry about making mistakes. That's what makes painting so fun to me. Hope you enjoy them -

Conversation Hearts
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jan-2011/133216-zentanges_016.JPG

Pink Rose
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jan-2011/133216-zentanges_006.JPG My rose actually has a purple background but my purple always comes out blue for some reason.

DrDebby
01-27-2011, 11:21 PM
I like your use of zentangles. Combining it with water color is brilliant.

RainySea
01-28-2011, 01:45 AM
way cool flower!!!

watercolors4me
01-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks Rainy - it was so much fun.:wave:

watercolors4me
02-01-2011, 08:37 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Feb-2011/133216-tulips_025.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Feb-2011/133216-zen_060.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Feb-2011/133216-zen_043.JPG http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Feb-2011/133216-sunflowers_005.JPG I'm going to post my zentangles here that I have done in the last few days. I finished up January and I did a b/w one today that I probably will post tomorrow. They are so much fun but don't seem to be appreciated in the watercolor gallery. Oh well, I'm having fun. Here they are. Bonnie

seejay
02-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Bonnie, you have been a busy sketcher/painter. Lots of nice things to look at here.

DrDebby
02-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Cool zens and watercolor.

eyepaint
02-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Great little mugs. Wonderful patterns. Please keep sharing here with us :)

poochemio
02-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Well I think they are a blast Bonnie, I really like the big pot!

JTMB
02-01-2011, 11:07 PM
I haven't stopped in here for too long, so glad I dropped in today. I like your zentangles - seems like zentangles are the hot item in the Art Journal forum! Very nice.

watercolors4me
02-02-2011, 06:41 AM
John, thanks so much for stopping by and checking them out. I appreciate your comments.

Margo, I think the pot was my favorite too. The background is much more vibrant than shown here. I tried to get the colors as close as possible.

EP - thank you - that Java Time took me 4 hours to do with all the lines and colors - isn't that crazy?? I tried to make it look like they were on a checkered tablecloth.

Debby - thanks for always stopping by and commenting. :)

Chris - I have been busy sketching and painting. I need to get back to the real stuff. I'm working on another Visual Journal of Fish that I really like too.

Hope you all have a great day - thanks again.

watercolors4me
02-02-2011, 10:50 AM
My latest zentangle - I did this February 1, 2011, first of many. See how many things you can find in this picture. Thanks for stopping by.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Feb-2011/133216-January_Zens_014.JPG

Bonnie

RainySea
02-02-2011, 10:57 AM
very cool!!! I love doing zentangles. . . looks like you had fun with that one

DrDebby
02-02-2011, 09:55 PM
It's like "Where's Waldo" :lol:

Cool zentangle.

Jakesgram
02-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Bonnie - that is so cool. I love how you have hidden images in your zentangles. Also love the combination of zt's with watercolor. It's a great way to add texture with ink and wash.

poochemio
02-03-2011, 02:06 AM
I found 5 things. How many are there?

virgo68
02-03-2011, 03:49 AM
great collection of work Bonnie! I've been away and trying to catch up with all the new work - you've been busy ;)

watercolors4me
02-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Jackie, thank you. I have been busy. I didn't paint for so long after I had a triple bypass but I'm beginnning to enjoy it as much as I did before.

Margo, let's see what's in there. Two girls with crazy hair. I love the one at the top, it reminds me of "Lucy". There's a paw, little mouse face with big ears, heart, thumb with nail, snowflake, flower, moon, sun, coffee cup. Thanks for checking it out. What did you see?

Jean, I have found a new love. I now paint with sepia ink, india ink, watercolors and oil pastels. If you go into my blog, way back, in the very beginning, you can see what kind of painting I have done in the past.

Rainy, thanks for always stopping by. You inspired me on Zentangles. :)

poochemio
02-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Okay I found the girls, the thumb, I saw a paper clip, a wire whisk, so now I see 3 hearts, alas I have never been good at this sort of thing, my children were endless amused that I was so bad at the Wheres Waldo stuff, they were both very good. Of course, I had been cooking all day when I saw the wire whisk! too funny.

seejay
02-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Very interesting - I got the two girls and the thumb, thought the hearts were part of the pattern so I didn't count them, and I also thought I saw some cutlery (spoon, fork).

Lots of fun.

PS my kids had Where's Wally books - I don't know where the idea for that character / books originated, but find it interesting that different parts of the world have different names, eg Waldo / Wally. Any others???

watercolors4me
02-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Chris, there was a spoon and fork in there. There were some hearts that were a pattern but there's a large heart in the middle.

Margo, I did do a wire whisk that I forgot but not a paper clip intentionally. If you look above the mouth and then you see the heart above that, then it looks like a king's head above that. What do you think? This is crazy stuff.

Today, I did a painting on eyes and it's called "I'm Watching You". I also did one called "Ribbons". When I get a chance I will post them. I matted all my pictures tonight and am going to sell the originals.

TTYL - Thanks for posting and commenting. - Bonnie

Joan T
02-04-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm slowly catching up on the journals! Yours is great! I really love the zentangles, especially the Valentine and the roses.

watercolors4me
02-11-2011, 10:35 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Feb-2011/133216-mg.jpg Hi All,

I did this zentangle and called it "Mardi Gras". It reminds me of Elizabeth Taylor dressed up as Cleopatra - lol. Anyway, it was loads of fun doing. I did it with sepia and india inks.

RainySea
02-12-2011, 12:11 AM
that is so colorful and fun. . . and a great title! and I like the fish in there

watercolors4me
02-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks Rainy. It was fun to do. I'm crazy about zentangles now!

DrDebby
02-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Great title. Very colorful.

seejay
02-13-2011, 04:36 AM
Very mardi gras, nice and colourful.

watercolors4me
02-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Debbie and Chris, thanks for stopping by and commenting. Fun to do. Bonnie