PDA

View Full Version : Joan's January Journal

Joan T
01-04-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure if I'll stick to all landscapes for the month of January or not. With the snow on the ground right now I'm trying to capture it as it is disappearing. I didn't have a new watercolor journal to use when Jan 1st arrived, so I'm starting on the 3rd. As you can see, the snow is no longer covering the whole ground. I like seeing the patches of leaves and grasses poking out.

I'm using a Canson/Montvale watercolor journal.
"Snowy Landscape"

eyepaint
01-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Nice one, Joan, but I miss the ink you add many times :(

dianapotts
01-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Pretty and soft, like snow
Like New Jersey in my woods
Thinking beautiful!

Diana

RainySea
01-04-2011, 03:08 PM
very nice. . . love how you did the peeking through grass and also the distant landscape/tree line so soft

seejay
01-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Nice snow scene - you are right about the grass, it adds bits of texture and interest. Dare I say cool? :D

Vivien Maloney
01-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Great start to your Jan Sketchbook Joan. I like the bits of grass peeking through as the snow disappears. Love those blue shadows on the snow and the background trees add distance to the scene.

DrDebby
01-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Lovely scene. The blue shadows are so cool.

sarales
01-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Lovely!

vhere
01-05-2011, 11:29 AM
well caught in really simple clean marks :)

Joan T
01-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks for all of your comments!!! I really like painting snow, but don't like standing out in it and being cold. This one (and the next one) were done from the warm comfort from the front seat of my car. The snow is disappearing fast, so I'm planning on searching for another spot today while there is still some snow left.

Here is "Snowy Landscape II".

Davkin
01-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Very nice snow scenes Joan. It's hard to make white snow look interesting! You've done a good job with it.

David

DrDebby
01-05-2011, 04:08 PM
I like this one too. The roof peaking through the trees is cool.

RiJoRi
01-05-2011, 04:15 PM
The snow is disappearing fast, so I'm planning on searching for another spot today while there is still some snow left.

Don't worry, Joan! The weatherman says we may get more snow for the weekend! (Then again, considering their accuracy... :( )

:crossfingers:
--Rich

To misquote Robert Herrick,

GATHER ye snowflakes while ye may,
Old time is still a-flying :
And this snowman that smiles to-day
To-morrow will be dying.

seejay
01-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Joan, this is a perfect setup - you brave the cold, and I enjoy the results right here. Another fine snow sketch.

Artlike
01-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Joan, both of your snow paintings are so great. I live in Texas.....so we don't get to see live scenes like this very often.....even though last winter....we had more snow than I've ever seen here before....it was great for 2-3 days.

Ed

RainySea
01-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi Joan,
Another beautiful snow scene. . . so you are losing your snow? Its still early in the year though so you will probably get some more, right?

Joan T
01-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Thanks David, Debby, Rich, Chris, Ed, & Rainy. Our snow is melting rather quickly. I have to find spots where the snow was in shade. Most of what was out in the sunshine (except for the snowpiles) is gone. But Rich is correct...they are predicting snow for tomorrow. I hate the mess the snow makes, but I am interested in it for it's artistic qualities.

Here are two sketches I did yesterday. I went out on a snow hunt locally and found this house (which I've painted before). It was on the shady side of the street so it still had some snow on the roof, and in front of the fence.

The second sketch I did last night when I met with my Wed evening sketch group at a coffee house. We had a small turnout...just myself and one other artist with her husband who was working on his iPad.

eyepaint
01-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Joan - great new works. Your painting friends are wearing their sweaters and coats so it must be chilly in your area :)

DrDebby
01-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Like the snow on the house. You got the sketcher versus the electronics user depicted wonderfully.

seejay
01-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Two more nice images. :clap: Sketch groups are fun.

Joan T
01-07-2011, 12:31 PM
EP, Debby & Chris - Many thanks. It is rare that I find people sitting still long enough to sketch them, never mind paint them too.

This next one was done at our local arboretum. I had gone there right after the snowstorm, but they had plowed the parking lot and the snow piles were too big to see over. lol And that day it was too cold to get out of the car anyway. Yesterday it was a bit warmer so I took a walk in the park. I wish I had taken my sketching chair along. It was hard to stand without leaning against anything and balance my journal, watercolor kit, waterbrush, little brush, and paper towel. But I got it done!

DrDebby
01-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Your perseverance paid off. This is delightful.

sarales
01-07-2011, 09:28 PM
How nice, Joan! Here in Alabama we are supposed to get snow Sunday and Monday. Perhaps I'll try my hand at a snow-scape! Yours are so nice.

robertsloan2
01-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Excellent snow scenes, Joan! Even without pen work these are elegant. I like the way in the house you did pen-like accents with a dark color and a fine point, whether that was on a small brush or just a very pointed round. Gorgeous. Good on the people too, but it's the landscapes that really catch my eye. Wonderful technique at once accurate/natural yet loose and expressive.

Joan T
01-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Debby - Thank you.

Leslie - Thanks. Hope your snow lasts long enough for you to paint it. lol

Robert - Thanks so much!!!

I had a busy day yesterday. I donated blood and did a few errands. By that time I was dragging and was starting to feel like I was getting a cold. So even though we had a little more snow on the ground, I just went home and took a nap. lol I did want to do an entry in my journal, so I did my painting for the WDE in it. This is from a reference by "Charlie's Mum" who always has such enticing photos of English villages. Thanks, Maureen!

mhimeswc
01-08-2011, 03:30 PM
In enjoyed your latest snow sketches, as well as the people sketch. Nice job on the WDE scene too.

sarales
01-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Oh, that's nice, Joan! The photos from England always entice me!

They are saying now that we're more likely to get ice in my part of the state. I just hope I don't lose power!

Davkin
01-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Great sketches Joan. Impressive WC work to do the people sitting down! I especially like the one at the arboretum.

David

JTMB
01-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Wonderful job as always, Joan! We don't usually get too much snow out here, but they are warning of a possible big storm next week. I'm right there with you about not painting outside in cold weather. :)

Joan T
01-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Mickey - Thanks. Did you get to paint your snow yet?

Leslie - Hope you stay safe. Thank you.

David - Thanks. It was fun to do the people. We drank coffee and talked the whole time.

John - Thanks. It seems like they are forecasting storms everywhere this coming week.

The uploader doesn't seem to be working, so I'll have to try again later or tomorrow.

sarales
01-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks, Joan! We're home from church and hunkering down. Ice is moving across the state but hasn't gotten to our side yet. The worst part is that our team (Auburn) is in the BSC Championship tomorrow night in Arizona, and thousands of fans were coming here to watch the game at the basketball arena. The university is closed tomorrow and the viewing cancelled because of the ice! So sad! I'm just hoping we don't lose power and miss the game!

I'm hoping to get some sketching done during this down time, too. :)

DrDebby
01-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Great market scene.

watercolors4me
01-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Joan, I love your market scene and the one at the coffee house is great too. That's neat that you all met there. What a wonderful idea. I tried to use the uploader a while ago and it wasn't working for me either. We are expected to have a snowstorm starting late on Monday going into Tuesday. What did you use for your market scene as far as materials. Your snow scene was very painterly. Good Job. Bonnie

virgo68
01-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Beautiful Joan! Feeling a bit hot and sweaty in the humidity where I am in Australia so looking at snow scenes is very relaxing :lol:

RainySea
01-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Joan, that is a gorgeous little shop watercolor. . . beautiful details. I love that one. . . its so quaint.

Lee27
01-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Wow! "Snowy Landscape II" and the one at the arboretum are my favorites. You capture the snow beautifully. And the shadows from the trees in "Snowy Landscape II" are really great!

seejay
01-10-2011, 06:39 AM
Great job with the arboretum painting (under difficult circumstances too). The photo image turned out nice as well.

vhere
01-10-2011, 10:52 AM
very English - it looks like the Cotswolds

eyepaint
01-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Oh yay - love the market :)

poochemio
01-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Joan I love that last snow sketch at the arboretum! The market sketch is cool too. I'm impressed you brave the snow and cold with your watercolors, and it gives me my burst of snow for the year.

Jakesgram
01-11-2011, 02:53 AM
Hi Joan! Wonderful sketches in your January Journal. I can't believe you are out sketching in all that cold ans snowy weather, but the results are great. I love your sketch of Maureen's English village scene as well. Nice work.:clap:

Joan T
01-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Leslie - Sorry about the weather spoiling your plans. That storm should reach us tonight.

Debby - Thanks. I'm always attracted to farmstands and markets.

Bonnie - Thanks. The market scene was done in watercolors with touches of sepia ink.

Jackie - LOL Thanks. Glad you are enjoying the snow down there.

Rainy - I love scenes like that market. Thanks.

Lee - Thanks so much.

Chris - Thank you.

Viv - I' not sure where in England the reference was from, but I like the spot. Thanks.

EP - Thanks. I know you like the wc & ink combo.

Margo - I'm happy with plein air painting as long as I don't get too cold. Then I head for the car and blast the heat. Thanks.

Jean - Thanks so much. I seem to be getting a little more tolerant for plein air weather.

I have 2 more to add, but I can't get them to load today.

sarales
01-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks, Joan! We had fun, anyway, and our team won the National Championship for the first time in 53 years! That was awesome. :)

Stay warm and safe!! That storm is a doozy! I look forward to seeing what you draw while you're stuck inside. :)

Joan T
01-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Well, I have several days worth to post.

The first three these were painted from the front seat of my car. It was much too cold to sit outside any of the days recently. The last one was painted yesterday, after our snowstorm that left 12 inches of fresh snow in our area. I had gone out taking snow photos and then pulled a chair up to my living room window to paint the winter scene outside.

eyepaint
01-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Nice job, Joan. I particularly like the snowcovered evergreens in the last painting.

sarales
01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
These are so beautiful and inspiring!

vhere
01-13-2011, 08:13 PM
they do feel cold - I shivered!

DrDebby
01-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Way cool. I really like the scenes.

JTMB
01-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Nice job as always, Joan! You've really achieved a nice feeling of depth in these - tough to do with small sketches sometimes.

mhimeswc
01-14-2011, 12:12 AM
You are making good use of our snowstorms. :-)

Joan T
01-14-2011, 01:26 PM
EP, Leslie, Viv, Debby, John, & Mickey - Thanks. The snow has been fun to paint, especially since usually we don't get that much of it.

Here is a snowy tree painted from my car while parked near a frozen lake.

DrDebby
01-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Lovely, just lovely.

sarales
01-14-2011, 06:19 PM
I echo Debby!

poochemio
01-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Love your chair and car paintings Joan. The last is so cool!

Joan T
01-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Debby, Leslie, & Margo - Thanks so much. I really enjoy adding ink to the paintings and it seems so perfect for the bark on these trees. The uploader isn't working, so the next painting will have to wait.

JTMB
01-15-2011, 01:29 PM
This is a really great piece, Joan! You've used the pen wonderfully - just enough to given definition and texture, and to really pull the tree forward from the background (which is also very well done). Bravo! :clap:

RainySea
01-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Oh, wow. . . I love the pen work in that!! Beautiful, Joan!

sarales
01-16-2011, 08:10 AM
You're right- the addition of the ink on this one is the perfect touch! It's so nice!

dianapotts
01-16-2011, 12:40 PM
I love the delicate lines on those tree twigs. So graceful.

Diana

Joan T
01-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Many thanks John, Rainy, Leslie, and Diana. My husband really liked the way that one came out. He says it's his favorite journal sketch of mine.

Here are the next two. Both of them were done at a local state park. I was able to drive well into the park so there were some really good views. So good in fact that I went back a second day to do the last one. The building is part of a fish hatchery.

Kitty69
01-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Brrrrrrr...... all these snowy watercolors make me shiver :lol: . But they are beautiful :thumbsup:

sarales
01-16-2011, 07:32 PM
You are inspiring me to think I just need to MAKE the time to do some plein aire painting, even inside my car. I just need to do it! These are SO beautiful!

DrDebby
01-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Marvelous views. You've got a knack for choosing scenery. Well done.

RainySea
01-16-2011, 09:46 PM
I really like that trail thought the woods one. . . just want to walk right into that picture and stroll along in the snow.

seejay
01-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Joan, you have been busy. Wonderful snow scenes.

vhere
01-17-2011, 11:56 AM
shiver - very cold and crisp. well caught

JTMB
01-17-2011, 12:24 PM
More lovely work!

poochemio
01-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Brrr, and my goodness you make me feel lazy, going so far afield to sketch! My bad, not yours. Yet again you are inspiring me, this time to get off my butt and go outside, I'm pretty sure it is warmer here than where you live. You are the watercolor IT girl!

watercolors4me
01-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Joan,

You have been busy! I LOVE the tree with the snow on it. I think it's my favorite too of all I've seen you paint. What size was this? You need to frame it and hang that one. Very nice pictures. Bonnie

watercolors4me
01-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Are you posting any of these in the gallery? I hope so. Bonnie

Joan T
01-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Kitty - Thank you.

Leslie - Thanks so much. Go try the plein air!

Debby - Thanks. The snow is starting to make everything look the same to me. lol

Rainy - I felt the same way about that path. Thanks.

Chris - Thanks. I am getting one done each day...like the vitamins. lol

Viv - Thanks so much.

John - Thank you.

Margo - Glad to inspire. Thanks.

Bonnie - Thanks. These are all about 4 x 6. I'm fitting two on each journal page. I usually do post them in the WC Forum too.

The past few paintings were done at Connetquot State Park here on Long Island. For those paintings I was able to drive far into the park where there is parking by the fish hatchery. They only let seniors drive in, so I don't know whether to be happy or upset that I get to do so. lol It did make it easy to sit in the car and paint those spots. It was much too cold to stand out in the snow, although I know there are a lot of artists that do that.

On Sunday I went back to the same park to paint. It was a bit warmer, so I decided to park with everyone else (who was either hiking or cross-country skiing) and try a real plein air. I dragged along my painting chair, but there is a building overlooking the river that has a huge front porch with a bench that I was able to sit on to paint. I tried to get a photo of my painting setup as well as the snow into one photo so you could see it. I also included a photo of the scene that I painted. I dressed really warmly, with a hat, scarf, and fingerless gloves. With the sun shining on my I was warm enough.

Joan T
01-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Yesterday I decided to change locations and headed out a bit further on Long Island to Riverhead where I painted a view of the Peconic riverfront.

Today it is raining, so I think I'm going to have to paint indoors. It's too hard to see out the windows in the rain...they get too fogged up.

eyepaint
01-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Oooh what size is your paper? I see masking tape so I'm guessing you mask off two paintings per sheet of paper?

DrDebby
01-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks for showing us your set up and the scenery. That's very informative for those, like myself, who are not brave enough to go outside and do art live on the scene. Great paintings.

poochemio
01-19-2011, 12:14 AM
I really like the feel of this piece Joan, all the shadows in the snow are so expressive.

Joan T
01-19-2011, 12:46 PM
EP - The areas I tape off are about 4 x 6 and 2 fit on a page.

Debby - Thaks you. I think I've become addicted to painting outside. lol

Margo - Thanks so much. I keep watching the shadows on the snow when I'm driving around. They are so much more pronounced on the snow.

As I said yesterday, we had rain all day. I did this one from one of the many photos I took of the snow the last few weeks. I'm calling it "Wrapped in Snow." Today is rainy too, so I'm not sure what I'll end up doing.

Helen
01-19-2011, 12:53 PM
I love all of your winter scenes...

poochemio
01-19-2011, 12:55 PM
This is a beauty too Joan! Amazing you did it from a photograph, you still managed the crisp chill to the air.

DrDebby
01-19-2011, 05:03 PM
The snow on the branch is great. I'm looking at some live right now out my window. You got it spot on, including the blue of the sky. Wonderful.

JTMB
01-19-2011, 05:18 PM
I really like the last piece of the last group, Joan! Again, the pen and ink is very well integrated.

seejay
01-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Joan, I've just been enjoying your latest - on a hot summer day the snow sure looks nice (tho' I'm sure after a day or so I'd be over it!:D). Nice photos too, an unfamiliar type of landscape for me.

Cheers

RainySea
01-19-2011, 11:25 PM
really loving your snow scenes. . . I especially love your pen and watercolors together.

vhere
01-20-2011, 07:16 PM
great :)

Joan T
01-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Glad to read your comments Helen, Margo, Debby, John, Chris, Rainy, & Viv! I think the snow scenes have pretty much taken over the journal. lol I did sneak in a few unrelated ones...like the one below. This one was done the other night when I met with the Patchogue Sketch Club. We are working indoors now that it is too dark to sketch outside. This was the table in front of the comfy couch I was sitting on.

Joan T
01-21-2011, 01:25 PM
This one was done from one of the photos I took at the park the other day. I didn't have time during the day yesterday to get out and sketch. Hopefully I can today. We had about 2 inches of fresh snow overnight, so everything looks white again...not that muddy snow color.

RainySea
01-21-2011, 05:37 PM
beautiful snow scene and really love the desk scene. . . the colors in that are beautiful and soft and appealing

poochemio
01-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Nice sketches Joan, the sketch club looks like it was in comfy digs.

I have a watercolor question for you. When you are painting an outdoors scene and you have dirt to portray, what colors do you mix? I have some lovely little freesias and paperwhites blooming in my garden and they are surrounded by nothing but dirt. Help, I need your color mixing skills here!

DrDebby
01-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Great table sketch. The park painting looks wonderful. I like the tree bent completely over the path.

seejay
01-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Another nice snow scene, but I especially like the still life/interior.

mhimeswc
01-24-2011, 01:33 PM
I got to see all of these sketches in person on Saturday, and they are even more wonderful than the images here. :-) Nice job, Joan!

JTMB
01-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Wonderful 'archway trees' sketch! Your winter scenes are just superbly done.

Joan T
01-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Rainy - Thank you.

Margo - Thanks. Unfortunately we aren't getting a good turnout during the winter with the sketch club, but a few of us show up and talk and paint. For the dirt around the flowers I would probably use a mix of sepia and either cobalt blue or ultramarine blue. Those are the colors I have on my palette, so it is what I end up using for tree bark as well as dirt. Sometimes I use the sepia and cerullian.

Debby - Thanks.

Chris - Doing an interior was fun for a change of pace. Thanks.

Mickey - Glad you got to see them in person. Thanks.

These are in my Sketchcrawl Journal, not my January journal. Some of you have already seen these, but since they are part of the month I'll include them here. Michelle and I did the World-Wide Sketchcrawl on Saturday at an environmental center near her in NJ. It worked out well because it was brutally cold out and we were able to sketch first from the car and then from the observation center once it opened.

poochemio
01-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks Joan! These latest sketches are great I like the way you create mounds of snow around your grasses with shadows.

RainySea
01-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Oh, those are all beautiful sketches. I wish I could capture landscapes like that in watercolor so effectively. Have you ever posted a demo or anything? I just love your quick and gorgeous landscapes!

sarales
01-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Good idea, Joan! We'd love to see a demo. :)

DrDebby
01-26-2011, 02:26 AM
These are just great. Love them. The goose is marvelous.

seejay
01-26-2011, 09:52 PM
This batch are all nice, but the second one is eye-catching. :clap:

poochemio
01-27-2011, 02:29 PM
mmmm, yep a demo would be lovely!

JamieWG
02-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Joan, I've really enjoyed flipping through your January sketchbook. Love what you've done here, and the variety of definition and subject matter. You go, girl!

Jamie

Joan T
02-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks everyone! I really should do a demo some time...I haven't done one in a long time. A while back I did a few in the Watercolor Forum.

I haven't really been able to sketch lately. My mother-in-law got sick last week, and we lost her on Friday. I did get the first of these done before she got sick, and the second one I did over the weekend before her wake, when I just needed a little art therapy for myself to feel better. I still have space for 2 more so I'll have to finish up the journal before moving on to February's.

poochemio
02-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Joan I'm so sorry for your loss! Hope the art therapy helped it certainly produced a lovely painting.

RainySea
02-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Oh, no. . . my condolences, Joan. That was sudden. . . that is what happened with my friend a few weeks ago. She was sick and last I heard she thought she had a cold or flu and then I heard she'd passed away. Very sad. Its great that art is a form of therapy. . . I have been making a journal page for my friend (its not finished yet).

A demo would be WONDERFUL when you have time. I would just love to see one.

sarales
02-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Joan, I am so sorry about your mother-in-law!!

DrDebby
02-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Joan, my deepest sympathy to you and your family with this sudden loss.

These are beautiful paintings. When you are ready, we would love to see a demonstration of your painting techniques.

eyepaint
02-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Lovely tree shadows and bg foliage in the first one, Joan. Take the time to grieve.

vhere
02-02-2011, 06:16 AM
that first one is particularly successful - lovely warm/cool relationships

sorry to hear you've been going through a bad time

Joan T
02-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks everyone!!!

Here are two more. The first one was done last week and I somehow overlooked it. The last one was done from my living room after yet another snowstorm. Glad I did so many snow scenes while the snow looked good. After the ice storm we just had, and the rain that followed, nothing looks too good right now. lol

poochemio
02-02-2011, 07:25 PM
More lovely snow scenes, really like the scraggly branches on the first piece, they somehow add to the sense of cold and atmosphere.

CandAlArt
02-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Beautiful work! You have such a way with watercolor sketching! The snow scenes are great and the bit of ink works so well. You are so right about fresh versus old snow. Beauty then muddy slush no one wants to paint!

DrDebby
02-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Love how you handled the trees in these.

seejay
02-03-2011, 12:30 AM
More lovely beautiful sketches.

virgo68
02-03-2011, 03:39 AM
wow Joan! You've been really busy and I am just catching up on the newer journals. This is another beautiful collection of work ;)

Joan T
02-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Margo - Thanks. That tree is a favorite of mine...so full of character.

Candace - Thank you. Hopefully the snow will look better in today's sunshine.

Debby - Thanks!

Chris - Thank you.

Jackie - Thanks. It is hard to keep up with all the journals lately. I'm really behind too. lol

I had one spot left in this January journal, but yesterday was such a foggy, dismal looking day here in NY. I didn't go outside to sketch at all. I needed color, so I painted one of the floral arrangements left from the funeral. I know my MIL would be happy I was putting them to good use.

poochemio
02-03-2011, 01:22 PM
This is a very good use for leftover floral arrangements, it turned out super. Don't get stressed about being behind sketching, it's only paper and it will be waiting for you when you get back to it. I think more than a few of us are lagging here, and we don't have a major family crisis, like you do to blame it on. Your muse will be tapping you on the shoulder again in no time, I don't think she can bear to take too much time off!

It's very gray here today, and if you can believe anything the weather men say it is supposed to snow, so I may get a chance to paint snow! The skies look snow laden to me, and having grown up in more northerly climes I'm good at seeing it come.

CandAlArt
02-03-2011, 02:12 PM
My condolences as well. Painting the boquet is a good way to preserve the flowers and recall the best of your memories.

vhere
02-03-2011, 05:31 PM
brrrr, shiver, good snow ones, the trees are believably bedded into the snow and it made me feel cold!

DrDebby
02-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Marvelous floral arrangement. A good memory.

seejay
02-03-2011, 07:56 PM
A beautiful impression of the flowers, Joan, all the best.

virgo68
02-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Joan, such sad news, it is good your "art therapy" provides an outlet for you though.

This is a lovely journal and like some of your travel journals, many are worth framing to view more often ;)

Joan T
02-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Margo - Thanks. The flowers were a nice change of pace.

Candace - Thank you. lol The only problem with this floral arrangement is that the lilies smell like a funeral home. Their scent is sooooooooo strong.

Viv - Thanks so much.

Debby - Thank you.

Chris - Thanks!

Jackie - Thanks. I've got so many journals I don't know what to do with them already. At least I'm starting to finish them. lol