PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Michelangelo chat: January 2011

artbyjune
01-01-2011, 05:07 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jan-2011/106623-NEWYEARS2.jpg

Wishing you a great year ahead. Looking forward to making new artworks!!:thumbsup: :clap:

trafford
01-01-2011, 06:10 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all and Toby (looking very cute)

I wrote down the usual resolutions and hope to keep at least two. Diet :lol: and more art in 2011. Will weigh myself this morning and after I faint will forge ahead.

I know it's silly to make resolutions, but I love to make lists. :heart:

artbyjune
01-01-2011, 06:24 AM
I listed the diet as one of my resolutions too. I probably won't be able to do it. I seem to eat and eat these days.

One of my other ones was to have a day trip somewhere touristy ( Stratford, Oxford, Coventry, etc are all nearby) ....to go to one at least once a fortnight AND take a sketchbook or watercolour book with me. I'd like to keep that one!!

Hope you have a great year Janet!!

jacquip
01-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Happy new year everyone. I don't think resolutions are silly, I just don't make them :) But I think it is good to think ahead and decide what you would like to focus on and achieve for the year ahead. I am big on planning and lists. I am planning on doing a lot more art, and with starting my course in Feb that will be a must.

June i really like your idea of the day trips. I hope you follow through, would be a great experience. We never explore our own countries very much and miss out on so much. Good to be a tourist at home now and then.

gakinme
01-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Happy New Year to everyone too.

June, Janet, hope your diet will be successful. June, post some photos when you go on those touristy trips. Jacquip, have you bought all your supplies yet for the school year?

I've been busy at work these few days and didn't do any art much. My resolution this year is to lose 4 lbs more. I lost 4 lbs last year. Take a walk once a week at least. Since working, I hardly had the energy or time to exercise and what little time I have, I draw.

My second resolution is to read one art book a week since I bought so many.

Third resolution is to use acrylics, oil and watercolor more. I've been totally engrossed in dry media and really should use the supplies I bought last year.

Fourth resolution is to draw my kids more before my oldest leaves for college in one and a half years and the boys look totally manly.

Fifth resolution is to watch more TV and movies. I spent most of my time surfing I really need to expand my visual horizon and draw inspiration from them. The Korean movies are so pretty in general.

Sixth resolution is to help my daughter drive properly without causing injury or damage. Scary kid.

So many things and so little time.

A little art from a few days ago.

This one is Wolff's Carbon pencil, Chinese brush and ink, Elmer's Paintastic brush.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Dec-2010/86669-muscles1.jpg

trafford
01-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Sandra, with all you do..you still manage to get a few sketches in.

Just watched "Micmacs" by the director of "Amalie" (French), a crazy film I liked and another favorite director is Tsai Ming-Liang (Taiwan) Nothing seems to happen in his films, but they stick with you. First one I saw was "Goodbye Dragon Inn" and I've been hooked ever since.

I have too many how to art books. One I do like is "Experimental Drawing" by Robert Kaupelis. Very freeing excercises.

What are you looking at and watching?...janet :heart:

azulparsnip
01-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Hi all - Wow Toby has alot of different colors of fur. Looks like a permanet case of bed head too!!! A sweetie no doubt.

I went thru this whole mental gymnastic of resolutions are easier to break than goals because resolutions mean I have to clench my teeth and resolve....so I'm calling 'em goals this year, who am I kidding right ??? anyway, long story short I just would like to get more art in......

Janet - thanks for the film suggestions. I've liked the others you have suggested. We watched two tear jerkers - true story type - Radio and Blindside.
I've been reading Now they Call me Infidel by Nonie Darwish - Man is that an eye opener.....It is pleasant style of writting too.

Sandra - you always amaze me what you get done ,

Jacqui - Hi - interesting thought on exploring our own area.....

azulparsnip
01-13-2011, 02:45 PM
pretty quiet in here. I'm like Janet - busy trying to keep up with my new years goals.........one is to do a print every 3 weeks.....I have to go now and get the last touches on the sketch for tommorrow I hope to print!

artbyjune
01-14-2011, 03:41 AM
Just discovered I can rent art DVD's as well as films from my usual supplier, so I've put a couple on my list but don't know when they'll get here. I am plowing my way thru DVDs of Magnum PI and Hawaii five-O. Guess where I wish I'd rather be?

azulparsnip
01-17-2011, 04:43 PM
we went to Hawaii a couple of years ago...it is everything and more than you'd think. Maybe you'll get to go some day

brianvds
01-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Saw a chameleon today. They used to be common around here, but I haven't seen one in many years. Poor little fellow was slowly making his way across a busy road, with cars whizzing past him and narrowly missing him. So I stopped and helped him across the road to a piece of open land. Pity I didn't have a camera at hand to take a picture; he was a very handsome specimen. ;-)

artbyjune
02-01-2011, 03:00 AM
I love chameleons. Only ever seen them on TV though. How lucky you are living in such an animal -rich place.