PDA

View Full Version : Well they might not be NUpastels but...

Anna Marie
01-19-2003, 06:34 AM
Well I have bought myself a present I now have a box of Conte A Paris Soft pastels as I cannot find a UK source for NUPatels to try them out and the website doesnt answer Emails.
Anyway to getto the point I reckon these are what I would call soft hard pastels and they are magic for doing the little detail work that can look smudgy with the lovely soft pastels I love.

The only reason I am taking a break to write this is cos my shoulder muscles are aching as they dont want to work after my 6 week break( collar bone joke!).

Anyway I dont know how they compare but I likee only trouble is I aint got enuff colours now there's a surprise ...NOT.

PS the sun has started to shine hip hip hoorah!

sundiver
01-19-2003, 08:51 AM
Glad you're enjoying them and can't wait to see the results! :)

Dark_Shades
01-19-2003, 09:53 AM
Anna Marie...... I gave up looking for art supplies in the Uk... thought Sod it! HA! .. and ordered papers and Nupastels from Dick Blick..... they came last Thursday.... woooooo hoooo :clap:

Anna Marie
01-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Aha Dark Shades one million questions coming up!

How long did they take to arrive?

What was the packaging like ?

Were any pastels broken ?

What did it cost to ship from that Foreign land ?

Dark_Shades
01-19-2003, 01:08 PM
Lol Anna :D

1. about a week (took longer waiting for confirmation of Order .... then you have to confirm in email that you accept the shipping charges ... once that happened they arrived in days ... using Fed-Ex ....they email you in the first instance ... if too much you can I believe cancel the order with no problems)

2. ... Just a carboard box :D .... stuffed with paper to stop movement

3. yes ... about 4 .. but these are long pastels nearly 4" ... so didnt feel it a problem ... alot of people break them to use anyways .... these are hard ones though

4. its dependant on the weight of goods..... I ordered these 96 Nupastels which are currently in their sale at $56.99 (38.00appx)regular price $99.99 . along with two pads of Canson paper 25 sheets each pad .... and some glasseine ..... cost of shipping was sorry forget but... $20.27 .... about 15.00appx

Mo has just ordered these pastels..... she could tell you how much shipping is for these alone