PDA

View Full Version : Strathmore 500 question??

bikevstar
01-16-2003, 09:32 PM
Hi guys,

This question has been posted in several forums now, sorry. I had to cause I want to do something tonight and all I can find at the moment is this Starthmore 500 illustration board. I have no idea what mediums can be used on it. Any help would be muchly appreciated. Wanting to create something on anything!

Kelly

Redsy333
01-16-2003, 11:02 PM
Sorry I have not used it myself for pastels! You can always give it a go and see what you get! If youre in the mood to create then experiment alil!
You can paint some acrylic base with pumice, or you could spray it with fixative first to give you some texture to work on!!
Other then that Im afraid Im not much help:(

KarenU
01-16-2003, 11:24 PM
Kelly....according to the Dick Blick site:

Strathmore 500 series Cold Press Illustration Boards have a textured surface designed primarily for wash drawings, tempera, gouache, arcylic, pen and ink, pencil, charcoal, pastels, crayon, and felt markers. The textured surface of a cold press board permits the medium to be applied without fast absorption, which in turn allows the washes to blend smoothly.

The Strathmore 500 Series Cold Press Illustration Board is made of 100% cotton fiber, acid-free paper. It is mounted on both sides to a high quality white board to create a balanced tension that prevents warping.

Sounds like it is a go! :D