PDA

View Full Version : Stonehenge paper

JamieWG
01-12-2003, 09:23 PM
Has anybody used Stonehenge paper for pastels? What did you think?

Jamie

Mikki Petersen
01-12-2003, 10:38 PM
Sorry, I haven't but I'll be curious to see what responses you get. I just stocked up on a bunch of Fabriano Tisaino (?) papers. They are somewhat like Canson in weight but have a smoother feel yet seem to have better tooth.

bnoonan
01-12-2003, 11:06 PM
I haven't tried it either but would be interested in what you find out.

B (I'm a big fan of LeCarte but always looking for something different)

Taminka
01-13-2003, 02:42 AM
Yes Jamie - Ive used Stonehenge black. I found it quite similar to canson to work on - but its a bit thicker and I liked it better for that reason.
Also it's supposed to be more acid free than Canson black

Haven't used any other colours

Minky

chookbrown
01-13-2003, 08:56 AM
Hey Jamie,

I do beleive Crumby uses mainly Stonehenge but I could be mistaken. I have used it once or twice and it works fine but mainly for a light application like Crumby does with the tissue instead of lots and lots of heavy layers.

Chooky :D

crumbedbrains
01-13-2003, 09:52 AM
Yep!!! Luv it!!!
Crumby

JamieWG
01-13-2003, 10:01 AM
Thank you, everybody. I guess I'll have to try it. I can see how if you work thin layers, this paper would be ideal, but for heavy applications not. I'll report back! I don't even know what my pastel style is yet...lol....but I just tried this paper for colored pencil work and fell in love with it.

Jamie

Laura Brito
01-14-2003, 12:20 AM
I have worked on it too, loved it, it is one of my nicer pastels so far, the paper is heavier and the texture seemed just near perfect.....

Laura