PDA

View Full Version : How Do You "Super-Impose"

gmc
01-12-2003, 06:41 AM
Chook or someone,

That is a very interesting feature in Photoshop.

How does one go about doing a transparency over a photo or picture?

I am dense when it come to computers, so if someone can tell me, tell me in the most "baby-step" details that you can think of.

I have been trying to figure this out and am just not understanding.

Thanks, geri

Redsy333
01-12-2003, 07:47 AM
Geri,:D
Sorry hun I am right next to ya when it comes to puter knowledge!!! When Chook wakes up :evil: LOL she will tell ya, shes a PuterGeek in hiding;)
I even have the Idiots Guide for mine and yet to use it!!!!LOL

Dark_Shades
01-12-2003, 08:18 AM
anyone know how to do it in Paintshop Pro :confused:

jackiesimmonds
01-12-2003, 10:26 AM
why not post thiese questions in the Computers forum? There are loads of really knowledgeable characters hanging out in there. They have helped me with similar questions in the past.

chookbrown
01-12-2003, 10:40 AM
It is very quick to do and as Jackie suggested the computer forum is probably the place to ask... but just in case...

This is how I do it and it is quick but maybe not technically perfect.....open both images in Photoshop. Start with your original pic and create a new layer from the "Layers" menu. When the box comes up I set the Opacity to 60% or so to start... you can adjust it again later by double clicking on the layer in the layers tool area.

Now return to the pic of the drawing you also have open... Select All and Copy....

Now go back to the original and be sure you are in the new layer and paste... You can always do it the other way also.... Select, Copy go to original .... create layer and paste... both work..

Hope this helps briefly but do go to computer forum if you need more instructions or you can email or PM me and I will gladly help you... My degrees are in Computer Science... not art.... that one will be finished this year....LOL....:D:D

Chooky

gmc
01-12-2003, 01:24 PM
Oh, I do appologize that I took up space.

It was just that so many threads here in pastel related to super-imposing that I felt it would be nice if someone explained how to do it for those of us who were lost.

Sorry I will ask in computer.

Thanks, geri

Drumbeat-trish
01-12-2003, 05:44 PM
Ohhhhhh -just like that eh chooky? ;) uh-huh

Geri I for one am glad you asked here :)

Lulu
01-13-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Drumbeat-trish

Geri I for one am glad you asked here :)

Me too, I only frequent 2 or 3 forums, would have missed this.