PDA

View Full Version : All Media Art Events

Grandma with a brush
12-14-2010, 08:43 AM
I am knew to this. I would like to participate in the Dec. art event, 12 days to Christmas, or the scavenger hunt, or simply daily journals. How can I go about this. Thanks.

Charlie's Mum
12-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi G'ma - I'm not sure which 12 days to Christmas you mention but to join in anything just to go to the relevant forum and post in the challenge threads or invitaion threads.

I'll move this thread to the Art Journals forum - and all forums are easily available to you via the Forum Jump at the bottom of the page.
Have fun!:)

DrDebby
12-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi Grandma, welcome to the art journal forum. Our challenge this month in this forum is a take on the song the 12 days of Christmas. Tho' the journal pages don't have to be Christmas themed. Simply one of something, then 2 of something, then 3 etc. You have all month to post and I, for one, will be doing more towards the end of the month due to my business. But, feel free to start a thread and jump in.

As to other challenges, those will be on other forums. For instance the scavenger hunt is in Artwork from Life forum.

You don't have to participate in the challenge to post on the forum. If you keep a regular visual journal, start a thread featuring that journal and share your pages with us. We'd love to see what you do.

If you have a particular medium you like to use, such as colored pencils, oils, water color, etc. There is a forum dedicated to that medium available as well. Check them out. Many of them have weekly or monthly challenges.

robertsloan2
12-16-2010, 01:56 AM
Try the 12 Days to Christmas one - it's wild. Pick something easy for the last few days when you have to do nine or ten or twelve of them, that was how I finished it. Do the tricky stuff in the early ones where you only do it two or three times. :D

It can be any medium you want, it's just an exercise in doing the same subject multiple times. I did nine different nuts for Nine, but did the same quartz crystal six times for Six, so you can even draw the same object or person, just from different angles etc. or in different ways.

eyepaint
12-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Welcome, Grandma! I'm going to go visit your work now :)