PDA

View Full Version : Fruit (oil pastel)

magnuscanis
01-09-2003, 12:56 PM
Hi all,

I was snapping one of my watercolours to display on the relevant forum, so I decided to take a shot of this oil pastel drawing which was next to it on my wall too.

I think it's about 6 months since I did it, and I must confess I haven't touched my pastels since :o
but I'd be interested to know what you make of it.

My own feelings about it are mixed. The perspective on the bowl is definitely wrong, but it's vaguely reminiscent of stuff by Matisse and others (so I can always claim I wasn't trying for representational accuracy:)).

Dark_Shades
01-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Nice colours and love the sheen on this

KarenU
01-09-2003, 06:55 PM
Yes...really nice vibrant colors...what kind of oil pastels did you use on this piece? Also, do you frame your pieces under glass?

magnuscanis
01-10-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by KarenU
Yes...really nice vibrant colors...what kind of oil pastels did you use on this piece? Also, do you frame your pieces under glass?

I'm not sure what make the pastels are. They only say GALLERY on them. I got them cheap in an art shop sale a year or two back. It's a set of 24 (I think) in a nice wooden box.

I frame some of my work, but this one isn't under glass. It's taped to a cupboard door using masking tape. Is it generally recommended to frame oil pastels?