PDA

View Full Version : daily scumble 01.07.03

KarenU
01-07-2003, 11:38 PM
Whew....okay, today was my life drawing class. Can everyone say DIFFICULT! Needless to say, since this was my first life drawing class, I was highly stressed. Luckily, there were only 5 students in the class, meaning lots of hands on time from an absolutely wonderful instructor. The model, Ogden, was absolutely terrific...I wish I could say the same of my drawings! Yikes.

But....as with all things, I know that with time, this too will improve. Practice, practice, practice. We have a lovely class of a french woman, an english woman, an asian woman, a girl who's taken the class multiple times and myself....a really great group. I'm so looking forward to the next meeting! :D

Tomorrow a.m.....on to acrylic painting. Are you all suffering with me yet! :evil:

bnoonan
01-09-2003, 11:49 AM
Karen,

Not only are we not suffering with you, we are all envious!!! Stepping out of our comfort zone into classes is not only daring but thrilling at the same time. I wish you the best of luck in all that you have taken on and can't wait to see what you discover.

If you haven't heard enough, there is a portrait painting workshop in San Jose in February by Bob Gerbracht (you'll see a lot of his work in The Pastel Journal and the PSA web site). He's been my instructor for years now.

Let me know if you'd be interested. It's a full week and may conflict with your classes. Otherwise - he teaches others throughout the year - though typically in Walnut Creek.

Gotta run and get driving to Almaden Valley to start on another portrait.

happy classes!

Barb

Redsy333
01-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Envious yet supporting you in Spirit 100%!! Keep up the great work:D

KarenU
01-09-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by bnoonan
....If you haven't heard enough, there is a portrait painting workshop in San Jose in February by Bob Gerbracht (you'll see a lot of his work in The Pastel Journal and the PSA web site). He's been my instructor for years now....

OMG I love Bob Gerbracht's work! You lucky devil you. :D I'll be anxious to hear all about it!

Mo.
01-09-2003, 08:13 PM
Keep going Karen, life drawing is the best! Wait 'til you have a male nude to draw. Hehehe, you won't know where to look... or maybe you will!:D :D :evil:
Mo.

KarenU
01-09-2003, 10:40 PM
Mo...we had a fellow our first day of class! :D Actually, he was really relaxed and comfortable modeling and so it made the whole class much more relaxed.

Mikki Petersen
01-10-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by bnoonan
Karen,

Not only are we not suffering with you, we are all envious!!! Stepping out of our comfort zone into classes is not only daring but thrilling at the same time. I wish you the best of luck in all that you have taken on and can't wait to see what you discover.

If you haven't heard enough, there is a portrait painting workshop in San Jose in February by Bob Gerbracht (you'll see a lot of his work in The Pastel Journal and the PSA web site). He's been my instructor for years now.

Let me know if you'd be interested. It's a full week and may conflict with your classes. Otherwise - he teaches others throughout the year - though typically in Walnut Creek.

Gotta run and get driving to Almaden Valley to start on another portrait.

happy classes!

Barb

Hi Barb,

Karen is full up on classess right now but I would love information on some workshops in the Bay area, south valley or central valley if you know of some or if you know of some local websites. Thanks. I live just to the south of Sacramento my sister lives in Richmond and my brother and daughter live in the South Valley so I'm able to reach out most all over the region.

bnoonan
01-10-2003, 11:44 AM
1mpete,

I'd be happy to forward anything to you and also Nori who seems to be interested.

I'll send you a private message.

Barb